1. #25661
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You won't get any arguments from me on this point. I want dark ranger/san'layn options for some of my blood elf characters, and it seems only fair that blood elves get a second theme in the same way void elves now have.
    Should be a quest reward like nelf black eyes. Maybe something the reliquary messes with in revedreth.

  2. #25662
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Should be a quest reward like nelf black eyes. Maybe something the reliquary messes with in revedreth.
    I'd love to see that added.

    This was posted on the official forums. I really wish blood elves had these options.


  3. #25663
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'd love to see that added.

    This was posted on the official forums. I really wish blood elves had these options.

    Perfect just like that.

  4. #25664
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    No shit you don't think you need more helf crap since now you got it all, LMAO. But now you also want more voidy options too. ONE MORE TIME. Are velves the master freaking race of azeroth?
    I have already answered this stupid question before; VE's haven't gotten new assets made for them, only reused ones. Again, if you think it would be fair for VE's to only get quickly implemented, reused assets when every other AR is getting new stuff, how is that not being biased AGAINST Void Elves.

    "No, they can't get new stuff because they already got BE hand me downs" is a ridiculous take.

    This is the crux of helfers and why they a laughing stock. More more more. Hell surprised we haven't even discussed velf paladins.

    Let's give them demon hunters too right?
    lmao I don't think VE's should get Paladins, go have a fight about that with someone who cares.

    Like come on man, AGAIN, if you cared for VE's and their identity and lore, you WOULD be supporting more VE options instead of the BS argument that "hurr durr what do you think VE's are special that they get more options than other races" Why aren't you asking for MORE options for other races then? Your logic is so insane it hurts. ALL races should have more stuff, to think that the solution to any problem is restricting the choices we already have is just so freaking stupid.

    Actually if belves got sanlyan options or dark ranger then that'd even the scales.
    Then go support that instead of trying to limit the stuff VE's get holy shit! How petty you need to be to want to limit a race's options while admitting that if you got more in another that would be okay? You're literally admitting your argument about "VE integrity and identity" is bs with this, you don't have a genuine argument here, it's literally pettiness!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'd love to see that added.

    This was posted on the official forums. I really wish blood elves had these options.

    I really hope we get this next expansion, the possibilities are so enticing.

  5. #25665
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Dude the helfers selfishness is what screwed up the race in the first place. "F the fact that I'm playing a velf, no I want normal options instead of void ones because I want high elves and fook the rest of the alliance players who actually like the velf race."
    The problem is that you judge what is special about void elves only on your own personal opinion, which does not necesserily align to perception of other people. As for me, my main is definitely a void elf, not high elf, but I use normal skin. I'll be even more happy with black hair option. Even though I'm identifying my character as a void elf, I'm not particularly interested in an option of permanent voidform during combat. If you want to stay voidy all the time, you have skin option for it.

    Meanwhile all other ARs get options that highlight what makes them different.
    Even though we just got reused assets so far aimed towards high elf fantasy, it created very cool void elf concepts too.
    - pure white hair and pale skin for deathly appearances
    - pure white hair and dark void skins for ultimate drow fantasy
    - blonde hair and dark void skins also look suprisingly good
    - red and orange hair and pale void skins open space for N'zoth/emerald nightmare fantasy, especialy with tentacle hairstyles
    - black hair and pale void skins for real emo/goth eppearance.

    At least I want what was given to be made better, not given a shit copy paste and sold as new just because a loud minority is crying for it.
    Your suggestion does not bring any new interesting options for people who cares about real void elves, while it hurts people who care about high elf fantasy. It also brings nothing new to the race, since that concepts is just copied from worgen, something you criticize yourself.

    But wait now you want the same amount of effort to void options too on top of what they got. Like you think velf is the master race or something? Should they have a second heritage set too? You know to match their pure options.
    Well, why not ask for more real void options? What's the problem? Void elves got only reused assets from their parent race, but they are not only AR who got their parent race assets. It's easy thing to do for Blizz which appease players with limited amount of work, so it's natural they go for it. It would be sad if void elves were left alone from brand new features while all other races got some.

    Also, yea... why not getting second heritage. All races could have more heritages to properly reflect potential subraces, like high elves, wildhammer clan, various troll tribes, various human kingdoms, all the orc clans... so yes, the more options, the better.

    Lol so the only way to be a true helf is to gimp your performance nice....
    And your way would mean that the only way to be a proper void elf is to disable all other possibilities the race offers? How does that make race better?

    Also no shit we won't get green maghar since it goes against what being maghar is. I guess the velf devs missed that memo.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I said we will not be obviously getting green skined mag'har (because you know, it goes against the idea on which the race is build upon), but we got more options on mag'har reflecting various orc clans. Obviously, devs working on void elves decided that only corrupted appearance is vital for void elf fantasy, which is also proved by the fact that there are high elves in Telogrus, pointing out the source of another void elves.

    Actually if belves got sanlyan options or dark ranger then that'd even the scales.
    I support that. I think San'layn could be integrated to sin'dorei storytelling somehow, given their focus on rebirth of their nation. With the fall of Lich King, there could be some san'layn who wanted to rejoin their former nation.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-10-01 at 07:33 AM.

  6. #25666
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'd love to see that added.

    This was posted on the official forums. I really wish blood elves had these options.

    Red eyes for void elves? void elves use necromancy in zuldazar

  7. #25667
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If they can do the hand magic effect for Nightborne then they can do it for Void elves too. Why limit it to just one race? I'd love to see Ren'dorei with their hands infused and overflowing with the Void. You can make the effect all astral-looking or simply void-y. The technology is getting there.
    Just dont...

    Its a very specific nightborne thing, it should be exclusive to them. We have been begging to get that option as it was shown on their npc.. for a long time.

    How I am not suprised to see you once again try to say it should be a void elf thing?

    Varadoc logic:

    Blood elf fans: we want tattoos like bc box and artwork/ magister.
    Literally 2 minutes after..

    Varadoc: void elf should have those as well and we need blood elf hairstyles.

    Blood elf fans: we want old blood knight back or maybe destroy the sunwell to get that old vibe back.

    Again.. 2 minutes after

    Varadoc: I want void elf paladins, lets use the old blood elf blood knight story, but replace the red with purple and makenit a void elf thing.

    I mean.. really? Varadoc you are officialy the most greedy person out here and realy selfish. Your ideas are not your ideas. And all your ideas are just bad... like for real. This is just cheap. I cant wrap my head arround the fact that void elf fans.. like you are the hunters of vanilla.. everything is a hunter weapon.

    From this day on you are an offical troll. Congratulation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Red eyes for void elves? void elves use necromancy in zuldazar
    It should be an undead or blood elf thing. Its not as we have discussed this like a 100th times before.

    Also weird coming from you.. its not a void elf thing.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-10-01 at 12:42 PM.
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

  8. #25668
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Red eyes for void elves? void elves use necromancy in zuldazar
    If you were paying attention, void elves in Zuldazar were not using necromancy. They were not using power of Death to pull souls from Shadowlands and insert them back to their bodies, creating standard undead. No. They were summoning Void entities and they used dead dinosaurs as vessels for them. That's all. They could easily use some constructs to accomodate Void, but they specificaly chose dead ravasaurs to break morale of defending Zandalari.

    What they did is vastly different to standard necromancy, the one which was used to create san'layn. It's something completely different. Also, undead elves is a niche which belongs to the Horde since the day 1, so there is literaly no reason to give it to the Alliance.

  9. #25669
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    If you were paying attention, void elves in Zuldazar were not using necromancy. They were not using power of Death to pull souls from Shadowlands and insert them back to their bodies, creating standard undead. No. They were summoning Void entities and they used dead dinosaurs as vessels for them. That's all. They could easily use some constructs to accomodate Void, but they specificaly chose dead ravasaurs to break morale of defending Zandalari.

    What they did is vastly different to standard necromancy, the one which was used to create san'layn. It's something completely different. Also, undead elves is a niche which belongs to the Horde since the day 1, so there is literaly no reason to give it to the Alliance.
    Void elves have dk (undead elves)

  10. #25670
    I think the Ren'dorei should have green eyes, since there are also Sin'dorei scholars amidst the ranks of the Ren'dorei.

    I can also see why the Ren'dorei should have red eyes; after all, what's stopping an Undead elf from beseeching the knowledge of the Ren'dorei? This is the argument I used years ago to promote playable Void elf Death Knights.

    Realistically there's no reason why an Undead Elf, a Dark Ranger, or even a San'layn, couldn't join the ranks of the Ren'dorei, seeking their knowledge.

    Anyway I am confident that they will finally add these Ren'dorei-styled weapons in the game, since they added the Nightborne-styled ones for Legion Timewalking (source in the front page).







    Now I don't play any tank but I will put that blade to good use, my Shadow Priest toon would look really good with it, coupled with the Ren'dorei Heritage armour.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-01 at 05:13 PM.

  11. #25671
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Void elves have dk (undead elves)
    DK is a class open to EVERY race in the game... so, blood elves have them too, for way loooonger and with way larger representation.

  12. #25672
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    DK is a class open to EVERY race in the game... so, blood elves have them too, for way loooonger and with way larger representation.
    Why exactly can't Blood and Void elves both get red eyes, like they both got blue eyes? There's really no reason why red eyes should be exclusive to Blood elves when Thalassian undead also join the ranks of the Ren'dorei (Void elf Death Knights).

  13. #25673
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    DK is a class open to EVERY race in the game... so, blood elves have them too, for way loooonger and with way larger representation.
    Isn't it about time that Void Elves should be getting "void" based features. I mean, Varodoc is basically asking for everything "Blood Elf" but not under the Blood Elf tag.

    Or maybe Void Elves should be removed if their playerbase can't be anything other than Blood Elf clones.

  14. #25674
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why exactly can't Blood and Void elves both get red eyes, like they both got blue eyes? There's really no reason why red eyes should be exclusive to Blood elves when Thalassian undead also join the ranks of the Ren'dorei (Void elf Death Knights).
    Red eyes for all dk!!!

  15. #25675
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Isn't it about time that Void Elves should be getting "void" based features. I mean, Varodoc is basically asking for everything "Blood Elf" but not under the Blood Elf tag.

    Or maybe Void Elves should be removed if their playerbase can't be anything other than Blood Elf clones.
    Well, I personaly don't share this desire with Varadoc and I think there should be something blood elves have for their own. High elf fantasy is now shared by both groups, plus void elves have their own theme.

    What is left for blood elves is:
    - Fel theme
    - Undeath theme
    - Light theme

    The story of blood elves evolved away from fel theme radicaly, so while I wouldn't mind blood elves having few customizations as a reminder of their dark times, I think there is not enough space for that already.

    Light theme is most logical one and is also in direct opposition to Void theme of void elves, so I guess that's the most solid base which blood elves can build upon.

    Undeath theme have quite huge potential too. Not that undead elves are part of the Horde for years through Dark Rangers and recently San'layn, I think it could give blood elf story new interesting twists how major society reconnects with their fallen, thus with how they are dealing with the trauma of their nations fall. It is kind of poetic, if you think about it.

  16. #25676
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, I personaly don't share this desire with Varadoc and I think there should be something blood elves have for their own. High elf fantasy is now shared by both groups, plus void elves have their own theme.

    What is left for blood elves is:
    - Fel theme
    - Undeath theme
    - Light theme

    The story of blood elves evolved away from fel theme radicaly, so while I wouldn't mind blood elves having few customizations as a reminder of their dark times, I think there is not enough space for that already.

    Light theme is most logical one and is also in direct opposition to Void theme of void elves, so I guess that's the most solid base which blood elves can build upon.

    Undeath theme have quite huge potential too. Not that undead elves are part of the Horde for years through Dark Rangers and recently San'layn, I think it could give blood elf story new interesting twists how major society reconnects with their fallen, thus with how they are dealing with the trauma of their nations fall. It is kind of poetic, if you think about it.
    Overall, I'd say that the one true theme out of these three that separates the Blood Elves from the others is their Dark Rangers/San'layn sections. Red eyes and pasty white skin can operate for both Blood Elf Hunters (Dark Rangers) or Blood Elf Mages or Warlocks (San'layn spellcasters.)

    Fel - yes, I know where people get that, but High Elves have used fel magic and it wasn't fel magic that caused the rift between the High Elves and Blood Elves. Now, Felblood Elves are quite cool, but like High Elves - they don't warrant an allied race slot. If Blood Elves lost the Sunwell, could Felbloods make a come back? Maybe...but I'm not convinced. Lor'themar doesn't seem keen on fel magic.

    Light - stronger with the Blood Elves, but High Elves can still be Priests.

  17. #25677
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Overall, I'd say that the one true theme out of these three that separates the Blood Elves from the others is their Dark Rangers/San'layn sections. Red eyes and pasty white skin can operate for both Blood Elf Hunters (Dark Rangers) or Blood Elf Mages or Warlocks (San'layn spellcasters.)
    San'layn rogues and warriors would work well too. The only class I'd have real problem with undead customizations are paladins, but I think most people who are attracted to paladin fantasy would naturaly stay away from undead features. Or you could perhaps roleplay your paladin as a fallen Blood Knight whose faith is still strong enough for him to be able to call upon Light. It's not a bad thing and it opens up another unique paladin fantasy, which is not a bad thing.

    Fel - yes, I know where people get that, but High Elves have used fel magic and it wasn't fel magic that caused the rift between the High Elves and Blood Elves. Now, Felblood Elves are quite cool, but like High Elves - they don't warrant an allied race slot. If Blood Elves lost the Sunwell, could Felbloods make a come back? Maybe...but I'm not convinced. Lor'themar doesn't seem keen on fel magic.
    Yes, we have seen even Quel'dorei had fel magic practise, but most likely not really widespread. It become way more common thing with Kael'thas and it also stopped being defining type of magic for blood elves when he betrayed them to the Burning Legion. Blood elves more or less returned to their previous magical usage, which is mostly arcane, now complemented by the Light.

    Light - stronger with the Blood Elves, but High Elves can still be Priests.
    Yes, that's true, high elven society was not centered around the Light though. It's also one of the important shift sin'dorei society had. If I'd roleplay high elf, I'd pick hunters and mages before priests.

  18. #25678
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    San'layn rogues and warriors would work well too. The only class I'd have real problem with undead customizations are paladins, but I think most people who are attracted to paladin fantasy would naturaly stay away from undead features. Or you could perhaps roleplay your paladin as a fallen Blood Knight whose faith is still strong enough for him to be able to call upon Light. It's not a bad thing and it opens up another unique paladin fantasy, which is not a bad thing.
    True, but you could also RP your red eye'd blood elf rogue or warrior as a Dark Ranger. I was just thinking of ways as to why the spellcasters would have red eyes, which would defer to the San'layn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Yes, we have seen even Quel'dorei had fel magic practise, but most likely not really widespread. It become way more common thing with Kael'thas and it also stopped being defining type of magic for blood elves when he betrayed them to the Burning Legion. Blood elves more or less returned to their previous magical usage, which is mostly arcane, now complemented by the Light.
    It became more popular with Kael's Sunfury and later, his Felblood Elves, but the only way I see "fel" returning in a big way to Silvermoon, would be through the loss of the Sunwell.
    If Blizzard wanted to push the Blood Elves into a more "Arcane/Fel" based spellcaster's role.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Yes, that's true, high elven society was not centered around the Light though. It's also one of the important shift sin'dorei society had. If I'd roleplay high elf, I'd pick hunters and mages before priests.
    High Elves had a Priesthood Order, such as Liadrin was close to being a High Priestess of the Quel'dorei.
    Blood Elves established the Blood Knight Order.

    Yes, the Light is way more established with the Blood Elves, but it is also a part of the Sin'dorei, than many sin'dorei fans are having a problem with and is seen as the section that is neutralizing the blood elves in a bad way.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-10-01 at 06:16 PM.

  19. #25679
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, I personaly don't share this desire with Varadoc and I think there should be something blood elves have for their own.
    Demon Hunters and Paladins for the moment would remain a Blood elf-exclusive thing (although I foresee Paladins becoming playable for the Ren'dorei in the future).

    As would a racial ability centred around the Arcane.

    But lorewise there's no reason why only Blood elves should get red eyes, when Undead elves have also been seen joining the ranks of the Ren'dorei.

    "Red eyes" were never a defining element of the Blood elves, but of Undead elves (like Sylvanas...). I would agree with you that the Ren'dorei shouldn't get them IF THE LORE DIDN'T ALLOW THIS, but the lore does allow this via the aforementioned playable Ren'dorei Death Knights.

    Perhaps this option should simply be available to all Death Knight races, since it's not exclusive to Undead elves (see Nathanos, Delaryn...).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-01 at 06:18 PM.

  20. #25680
    We're never getting High Elf.

    But that's fine we have plenty of other elven races, I'm sure that you can pretend that your nightborne or blood elf is a high elf.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •