Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm pretty satisfied. But if it's the racial giving you the most visual annoyance, you can stop it before it ever changes your appearance by making a macro of your most frequently spammed spells to cancel it before you ever see it.

Here's an example:

#showtooltip
    /cancelaura Entropic Embrace
    /cast Arcane Blast

That macro would cast arcane blast and cancel entropic embrace any time it triggers so you won't change appearance. Just replace arcane blast with whatever other frequently spammed ability your class/spec has and you'll be good to go. Maybe somewhere down the line Blizzard will add glyphs or barber options to customize entropic, but until then, this works.
    so I need to cripple my dps and make an entire racial useless?

they should just give us real high elves and not this joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Love how... when you're gone for a handful of days, you return this thread has a hundred new pages....

:sigh:

What are we fighting over now, instead of coming together to demand better things for blood elves, void elves and high elves?

Quote Originally Posted by irresistable View Post
    so I need to cripple my dps and make an entire racial useless?

they should just give us real high elves and not this joke
    On average, entropic embrace comes out to a 1% dps increase over time, which hardly seems "crippling." You have to decide if your visual RP remaining uninterrupted is worth 1% dps. Does it suck that you have to negate your racial to keep your visual appearance from changing? Yes. But this is the only option we currently have.

Alliance high elves, as their own race, is 99% unlikely to ever happen now that void elves exist and have high elf customization. This is the point where it's time to resign ourselves to the reality we find ourselves in, and make the best of the options provided. Blizzard is highly unlikely to add another thalassian derivative race. You'd have more luck pushing for entropic embrace customization (to change or hide its appearance), or even for void elves to get paladins and demon hunters. Those classes are far more likely to be made available than it is for blizzard to add another copy/paste elf race, despite how problematic those classes are for void elves to have in regards to the lore.

I get that this isn't what you want to hear but it's the reality of things and there's little chance that what you desire will come to pass. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep asking for what you want, just to temper your expectations and perhaps try to find a way to make what you do have to work at an acceptable level. But realistically, the alliance high elf issue as been answered and resolved, even if that answer isn't 100% what people wanted. Void elves having high elf customization is a true compromise, and compromise means not getting 100% of what we ask for.

Void elves can have the visual aesthetic of high elves once 9.1.5 goes live. A simple macro can prevent entropic embrace from affecting you visually at the cost of some dps, and its up to you to decide which you value more. A glyph or barber option to customize/hide entropic embrace is a realistic request to make. Asking for another derivative thalassian race is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    hahaha so you get high elves in the form of void elves and now we bitch about the racial effect? christ you people won't ever be happy - if they even added high elves it still wouldn't be good enough
    There's bound to be a few who refuse to take the win and move on, but please don't lump us all into the same box based on the reaction of a few individuals. I'm perfectly happy with my void elf customization come 9.1.5 and have no interest in changing my racial beyond perhaps a glyph to make it look more like Alleria's void form (hers is darker and her hair changes to a different color than her skin). And even without that, I'm still content.

This is enough to make me happy:
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-10-06 at 12:12 PM.

On average, entropic embrace comes out to a 1% dps increase over time, which hardly seems "crippling." You have to decide if your visual RP remaining uninterrupted is worth 1% dps. Does it suck that you have to negate your racial to keep your visual appearance from changing? Yes. But this is the only option we currently have.

Alliance high elves, as their own race, is 99% unlikely to ever happen now that void elves exist and have high elf customization. This is the point where it's time to resign ourselves to the reality we find ourselves in, and make the best of the options provided. Blizzard is highly unlikely to add another thalassian derivative race. You'd have more luck pushing for entropic embrace customization (to change or hide its appearance), or even for void elves to get paladins and demon hunters. Those classes are far more likely to be made available than it is for blizzard to add another copy/paste elf race, despite how problematic those classes are for void elves to have in regards to the lore.

I get that this isn't what you want to hear but it's the reality of things and there's little chance that what you desire will come to pass. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep asking for what you want, just to temper your expectations and perhaps try to find a way to make what you do have to work at an acceptable level. But realistically, the alliance high elf issue as been answered and resolved, even if that answer isn't 100% what people wanted. Void elves having high elf customization is a true compromise, and compromise means not getting 100% of what we ask for.

Void elves can have the visual aesthetic of high elves once 9.1.5 goes live. A simple macro can prevent entropic embrace from affecting you visually at the cost of some dps, and its up to you to decide which you value more. A glyph or barber option to customize/hide entropic embrace is a realistic request to make. Asking for another derivative thalassian race is not.

- - - Updated - - -

There's bound to be a few who refuse to take the win and move on, but please don't lump us all into the same box based on the reaction of a few individuals. I'm perfectly happy with my void elf customization come 9.1.5 and have no interest in changing my racial beyond perhaps a glyph to make it look more like Alleria's void form (hers is darker and her hair changes to a different color than her skin). And even without that, I'm still content.

This is enough to make me happy:
    Basically. If Entropic Embrace is such a turn off for you that you're willing to do away with 1% DPS, you can do it.

Would I like a less noticeable option for EE? For sure! But it's not a dealbreaker by any means.

Beyond crossing my fingers for Alleria like tattoos down the road, and perhaps a braid/tentacle toggle, High Elf fantasy has been achieved. Even if neither of those happen, we will most likely get more hairstyles and jewelry, with will further add to the possibilities.

But unless you are still waiting for High Elves with their own racials, this is pretty much it, and it's up each and every one of us to decide if that's enough. But for a lot of us is -it really is far more than we expected 5 years ago- and I really doubt we will get much in terms of exclusively HE fantasy added on top of VE's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Basically. If Entropic Embrace is such a turn off for you that you're willing to do away with 1% DPS, you can do it.
    Well, if you play for example Nightborne warrior/rogue, you sacrifice your racial too. I'm also pretty sure that there are many race/class combinations, which are similarly less efective then som others, but it does not stop you from the choice of playing that, which is fine. You decide if you want to play a race you like. If you are not min-maxer, 1% of your total dmg/healing hardly makes any significant impact on your performance.

Entropic Embrace customizations would go a long way. I mean, just add us color scale from transparent to pitch black, with a blue in between, and you can cover all options from "invisible" trigger, arcane-like appearance to pure dark void. Also, would be cool if our hair change during the proc too as we've seen on Alleria.

Same here. I'm also really happy with the high elf options we have now. If we get some more male hairstyles (females already have pretty great options with tentacle toggle), it'd get only better. I look forward to more void stuff now.

But unless you are still waiting for High Elves with their own racials, this is pretty much it, and it's up each and every one of us to decide if that's enough. But for a lot of us is -it really is far more than we expected 5 years ago- and I really doubt we will get much in terms of exclusively HE fantasy added on top of VE's going on.
    I actually think that revamp of whole "Core race" and "Allied race" systems is in place. Basicaly, just replace segregation of Allied races and incorporate it to core race customizations, with possible sub-race selections. We've seen such fan concepts already and I think this have potential to introduce alternate race tags and customized racials. That could finaly close the High Elf chapter for all (not that it's that important now).
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-10-06 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I actually think that revamp of whole "Core race" and "Allied race" systems is in place. Basicaly, just replace segregation of Allied races and incorporate it to core race customizations, with possible sub-race selections. We've seen such fan concepts already and I think this have potential to introduce alternate race tags and customized racials. That could finaly close the High Elf chapter for all (not that it's that important now).
    Honestly would love for that to happen tbh, with the already existing assets just being rearranged in different models.

It's a great idea, but I do not know if it's likely to happen soon if ever.

But like, imagine, the race being Thalassian Elf, and Alliance gets "Void and High" subraces, and Horde gets "Blood and San'layn". Same model, but some options are faction locked, and of course, there's a Racial System revamp.

Honestly I'd really love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I'd hate this. Allied races are supposed to be "Core races but better, more unique, special". Hence why the Ren'dorei are essentially Sin'dorei who are enhanced greatly by the Void. Or the Shal'dorei are Kaldorei who have been twisted and morphed by the Arcane.

Hopefully the Allied Race segregation remains, it was the main selling point of BfA and its greatest legacy. For all the flaws BfA had, it shall forever be appreciated for the idea of Allied races.

From what I remember of the teaser, the crowd at BlizzCon went absolutely wild once Allied races were revealed (with a screen of Ren'dorei, LF Draenei, Dark Irons, Shal'dorei, Zandalari, and HM Tauren).

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'd hate this. Allied races are supposed to be "Core races but better, more unique, special". Hence why the Ren'dorei are essentially Sin'dorei who are enhanced greatly by the Void. Or the Shal'dorei are Kaldorei who have been twisted and morphed by the Arcane.

Hopefully the Allied Race segregation remains, it was the main selling point of BfA and its greatest legacy. For all the flaws BfA had, it shall forever be appreciated for the idea of Allied races.

From what I remember of the teaser, the crowd at BlizzCon went absolutely wild once Allied races were revealed (with a screen of Ren'dorei, LF Draenei, Dark Irons, Shal'dorei, Zandalari, and HM Tauren).
    That's a pretty skewed interpretation of what an AR is with very little basis on reality.

Honestly would love for that to happen tbh, with the already existing assets just being rearranged in different models.

It's a great idea, but I do not know if it's likely to happen soon if ever.

But like, imagine, the race being Thalassian Elf, and Alliance gets "Void and High" subraces, and Horde gets "Blood and San'layn". Same model, but some options are faction locked, and of course, there's a Racial System revamp.

Honestly I'd really love it.
    I think it will happen. But more I. The sense of you can click elf and select Night elf, high elf or void elf.

But from the void elf screen you can select high elves and vice vers.

I think some fans came up with a pretty good arrangement once where many of the customisations that were actually sub races like wildhammer serves had their icons as presets rather than races. So whole you totally pick wildhammer types of customisations from just the Dwarf race screen, it would have a preset icon labelled wildhammer which would effectively grey out hide or rearrange the visible customisable options highlighting the distinctive wildhammer ones to the front and also locking the randomise option to always have the wildhammer features show up when you click as long as you had the preset activated.

This served to alert players that this look is wildhammer even though it’s Dwarf. And is not as detailed as a full alllied race like dark irons which could be accessed from the dwarf screen as well as from the race screen but will load the alDarknirons fully.

Like this you could have sub race groups and factions as priests. Racial groups like Sand Trolls and high elves, faction groups that have unique customisations like Farstriders , Highborne, Illidari

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Like this you could have sub race groups and factions as priests. Racial groups like Sand Trolls and high elves, faction groups that have unique customisations like Farstriders , Highborne, Illidari
    I'm very much against sub-factions being more class based. Farstrider is mainly just Blood Elf Hunters.
    That doesn't work.

To get this idea to work, it needs to be sections within the respective societies like the Sunreavers. You can have Sunreaver Magi, Sunreaver Rangers or Sunreaver Paladins.
    Farstrider is just minimizing things down to one class, whereas organisations like the Sunreavers, the Shen'dralar - they work, because they carry a variety of classes with them. They are not just Sin'dorei Mages or night elf mages.

Sunreavers as an example, could carry more red based tattoos and be the group of Sin'dorei that carry facial runes.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-10-08 at 05:59 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Okay, now tell me how that translates to unique looks for Sin'dorei?

Because being protective of/hoarding features that aren't even Blood Elf ones but High Elf ones is clearly not working out?
    The blood elves have a very clear style and colors, from warcraft 3 and wow continueing with these essets. We all know they used to be high elves before kael showed up, but silvermoon is the prime example what their style is about and this is high elven and blood elven.

I mean silvermoon city perfectly displays what style we are talking about.. its very out there. The gold, the red and phoenix symbol etc. So I am confused in what you are saying, the character costumization on blood elves already shows this.

Now that high elves are playable in the sense you can rp as one, its easy to get into a discussion that for some reason void elves feel like all the high elven essets belong to them including silvermoon and all the blue recolored blood elf essets. Which is obviously a awkward discussion since high elves or the majority of that race renamed themselves and is playable since Bc on the horde and void elves years later with a differnt name in legion.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-10-09 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The blood elves have a very clear style and colors, from warcraft 3 and wow continueing with these essets. We all know they used to be high elves before kael showed up, but silvermoon is the prime example what their style is about and this is high elven and blood elven.

I mean silvermoon city perfectly displays what style we are talking about.. its very out there. The gold, the red and phoenix symbol etc.

So I am confused in what you are saying, the character costumization on blood elves already shows that.
    And bear in mind architectural style and colour style can be different.

The architectural style for high elves and blood elves is the same, but the colouring is different.

The architectural style for night elves and Nightborne is the same but the colouring between the Moon white and blue with purple in Zin’Azshari is different from the arrangement in Suramar

Naga homes are just twisty Pearl variations of night elf homes

Void elf style would be a modified version of blood elves
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-10-09 at 09:41 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    And bear in mind architectural style and colour style can be different.

The Naha homes notice

The architectural style for high elves and blood elves is the same, but the colouring is different.

The architectural style for night elves and Nightborne is the same but the colouring between the Moon white and blue with purple in Zin’Azshari is different from the arrangement in Suramar

Naga homes are just twisty Pearl variations of night elf homes

Void elf style would be a modified version of blood elves
    Exactly if the architectural style would be different then this wouldnt be an issue.

Blue recolored blood elf essets is obviously not the way to go.I think they started to move away from that weird blue vs red elves which never made much sense, the tease on the alliance made this such a hated topic.
    Luckily they gave void elves their own style which is perfectly shown on their herritage armor and it looks cool and differnt. Its not like they have purple phoenix jewelry or something like that.

So lets not try to reinvent the wheel here.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-10-09 at 09:47 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well when you're a void elf that doesn't look like a void elf then theres something wrong. Even alleria doesn't stay normal when she's fighting.
    So you agree Void Elves should look like Alleria?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Exactly if the architectural style would be different then this wouldnt be an issue.

Blue recolored blood elf essets is obviously not the way to go.I think they started to move away from that weird blue vs red elves which never made much sense, the tease on the alliance made this such a hated topic.
    Luckily they gave void elves their own style which is perfectly shown on their herritage armor and it looks cool and differnt. Its not like they have purple phoenix jewelry or something like that.

So lets not try to reinvent the wheel here.
    Agreed. I like. Cool, different but relatable.

Problems happen when they do cool for one group and then shoddy for another. Personal, while I stopped begrudging alliance fans their highbelves. I felt void elves were very cool and kinda made them unnecessary as you could “play high elf”. On the horde.

If blizzard had organised it such that you could role play a high elf by having some sort of high elf contingent even underground, operating in blood elf society, that would likely have greatly mitigated high elf calls.

Another thing they could have done was making non traditional horde and alliance races more fluid in their allegiance and stand, making doing a blood elf toon as a high elf easier.

3rd option would have to increase the attractiveness of night elves by refining their models and introducing more of their pre sundering cities and civilisation a little earlier than 7.0, like with Cata when the highborne came back. Phoenix

Are they done with Void Elves now? Hair colors, ear sizes, and tentacle toggle doesn't really compare to all the options LFD, HMT, and Nightborne got.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Are they done with Void Elves now? Hair colors, ear sizes, and tentacle toggle doesn't really compare to all the options LFD, HMT, and Nightborne got.
    I don't think any race will be "done" since more can always be added, but "done for now"? Probably? Don't forget that void elves got several skin and eye color options at SL launch. And yes I realize that void elves haven't gotten anything "new" outside of the tentacle toggle, but they've gotten what has been consistently and very vocally asked for: high elf customization.

Once 9.1.5 goes live void elves will have all the rp tools necessary to portray themselves as high elves if desired. I'd love to see more hairstyles added, but it would be nice if they weren't just hand-me-downs from blood elves again. Every race could stand to have scars, tattoos, blind eye options, make up, facial hair, jewelry etc., but I'd say that whatever void elves get next should probably be more void themed now that the high elf customization has been fulfilled. When that will happen is anyone's guess, probably not till 10.0.

Whatever void elves end up getting, since the tentacle toggle is now a thing, I hope that all hairstyles they get going forward have tentacles. That way people who like that aesthetic have more options, and those that don't can just toggle them off.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-10-13 at 11:47 PM.

I don't think any race will be "done" since more can always be added, but "done for now"? Probably? Don't forget that void elves got several skin and eye color options at SL launch. And yes I realize that void elves haven't gotten anything "new" outside of the tentacle toggle, but they've gotten what has been consistently and very vocally asked for: high elf customization.

Once 9.1.5 goes live void elves will have all the rp tools necessary to portray themselves as high elves if desired. I'd love to see more hairstyles added, but it would be nice if they weren't just hand-me-downs from blood elves again. Every race could stand to have scars, tattoos, blind eye options, make up, facial hair, jewelry etc., but I'd say that whatever void elves get next should probably be more void themed now that the high elf customization has been fulfilled. When that will happen is anyone's guess, probably not till 10.0.

Whatever void elves end up getting, since the tentacle toggle is now a thing, I hope that all hairstyles they get going forward have tentacles. That way people who like that aesthetic have more options, and those that don't can just toggle them off.
    A few new hairstyles (with optional tentacles) and tattoos might have made them feel like they got a whole pass, more jewelry and beard options too. Also, I think if they had something on par with Nightborne glowing hands, like starcursed options, it would be the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    A few new hairstyles (with optional tentacles) and tattoos might have made them feel like they got a whole pass, more jewelry and beard options too. Also, I think if they had something on par with Nightborne glowing hands, like starcursed options, it would be the icing on the cake.
    I agree with you. While I would have liked to see a few new hairstyles for void elves at the very least, I would imagine that blizzard may have given void elves less attention due to the ire of some blood elf players upset about what they felt was their exclusive aesthetic being shared. Then again, it could simply be blizzard thinking that they could get away with giving void elves hand-me-downs instead of devoting time and resources to them right now.

With hindsight we can see that blizzard has been trickling the high elf customization to void elves over time. Whether that was intentionally done to avoid massive backlash from blood elf players, or done simply because of an evolving position on whether or not to allow void elves to have such options is anyone's guess. But now that void elves essentially have the high elf aesthetic, anything else they get will hopefully be new assets. There is understandably some amount of "elf fatigue" with so much attention on void elves, even if it was only copy/pastes of blood elf assets for the most part. With any luck, void elves will get some brand new assets with 10.0.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-10-14 at 01:28 AM.

I know everybody's hyped for the High Elf skins, but I just want to point out that with the tentacle toggle, a couple of the void skins, and the vast majority of the hair cuts available to them... you can make a san'layn look alike too with a void elf. The hairstyles are all very traditionally gothic/vampiric, more so than anything on the blood elf kit. It's pretty much 100% if you make a DK, especially considering red isn't the main eye colour for them.

I'm literally able to make all 3 sub-types of Thalassian I enjoy on Alliance on the PTR right now. (Quel'dorei, Ren'dorei, San'layn.)
    It's actually insane how a few options gave us an insane amount of potential, and we're sort of sleeping on it.

Anything we get going forwards just expands on the high elf kit, and could potentially open doors to more unique stuff too.
    We didn't get much on the PTR, but what we got is actually insane when you sit down and start fiddling with the character creation.

It's a pretty niche thing, but it's sort of... there.