Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

the san'layn are not even part of the horde, they are cannibal monsters that ate horde soldiers
    Last I checked neither were the Ebon Blade nor the Illidari

And the Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle don’t need to be part of the factions for you to roleplay and Argent Dawn or Silverhand Paladin nor a Cenarion Circle or Dreamwardrn Druid.

If that message didn’t sink in with the hero classes surely it did with the Class Order halls.

The race or group’s faction doesn’t need to be on the horde or alliance to be playable

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Id play a Void Elf as a High Elf ... sadly they dont have a Paladin option . .and what's the point of being any other kind of High Elf ?.

Perhaps when they have class parity with Belfs I will reconsider my views, till then they dont make a worthy alternative to Belfs for the true High Elf playstyle.
    Excuse me, but I see some better High Elf options than a Paladin. Mages are THE iconic class for any High Elf, be it on Alliance or Horde side, same goes for Hunters. Also Priests, Warlocks and Rogues. Only then HE Paladins would come into my mind.
    For Blood Elves Paladins are much more important since they have been the first race which brought this class into the Horde. Have they not been the first Elven Paladins at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Last I checked neither were the Ebon Blade nor the Illidari

And the Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle don’t need to be part of the factions for you to roleplay and Argent Dawn or Silverhand Paladin nor a Cenarion Circle or Dreamwardrn Druid.

If that message didn’t sink in with the hero classes surely it did with the Class Order halls.

The race or group’s faction doesn’t need to be on the horde or alliance to be playable
    vampyr as a hero class? human vampyr

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Have they not been the first Elven Paladins at all?
    There's Mehlar Dawnblade who was a Silver Hand Paladin but he's part of the Blood Knights
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    There's Mehlar Dawnblade who was a Silver Hand Paladin but he's part of the Blood Knights
    High elves were never an iconic paladin race and its true. If you talk about iconic high elf classes, there are 3 realy. Priest, mage and hunter.

Paladin/blood knight has been blood elf thing for a while and have been very forefront ad iconic since their intro.

Mehlar was part of that tbc batch of paladins, so hardly a good refenrence for high elves imo.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-12-01 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    High elves were never an iconic paladin race and its true. If you talk about iconic high elf classes, there are 3 realy. Priest, mage and hunter.

Paladin/blood knight has been blood elf thing for a while and have been very forefront ad iconic since their intro.

Mehlar was part of that tbc batch of paladins, so hardly a good refenrence for high elves imo.
    Correct. For high elves it was really priest Mage and Hunter.

While for blood elves that turned into Mage, Paladin and hunter

Id play a Void Elf as a High Elf ... sadly they dont have a Paladin option . .and what's the point of being any other kind of High Elf ?.

Perhaps when they have class parity with Belfs I will reconsider my views, till then they dont make a worthy alternative to Belfs for the true High Elf playstyle.
    Still baffled at the people that think that Paladin is by any means a necessity for High Elf fantasy. It's not iconic of High Elves, not even representative. It just reads as such a misunderstanding of what High Elves are on the Warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Still baffled at the people that think that Paladin is by any means a necessity for High Elf fantasy. It's not iconic of High Elves, not even representative. It just reads as such a misunderstanding of what High Elves are on the Warcraft universe.
    Don't care, until Void Elfs have class parity with Belfs they are nothing more than an inferior option, they are the paupers of the elven world.

Unless you like playing a human paladin ...humans are nothing more than intelligent apes .. filthy beasts.

So ill stick with Blood Elves as my goto High Elf race.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2021-12-02 at 07:39 AM.

Don't care, until Void Elfs have class parity with Belfs they are nothing more than an inferior option, they are the paupers of the elven world.

Unless you like playing a human paladin ...humans are nothing more than intelligent apes .. filthy beasts.
    And yet your elves really like these "intelligent apes" and "filthy beasts" like Jaina, Turalyon, Nathanos, Rhonin. Ironic.

well my point is - the only High Elf Paladin pre-Blood Knight is part of the Horde

- - - Updated - - -

perhaps giving Void Elves fair skin was a mistake and they should've given Stormwindians long ear and long brow options instead
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I think Dark Rangers and returning San'layn would make perfect force for defending Ghostlands against remnants of the Scourge, which are still there (as seen in Three Sisters comic). That would help Farstriders a greatly in securing Quel'thalas against other threats, possibly only Amani now (I guess Wretched were already dealt with years ago, as well as intruding night elves).
    They make so many references to the Dark Rangers being former Quel'dorei Farstriders, but yet we see little interaction between them and the current Sin'dorei Farstriders.
    Whenever we see the Sin'dorei Farstriders, it's usually alongside the Quel'dorei Rangers or the Kaldorei Sentinels and whilst it's good to see, I think the Horde Farstriders should also get to work with their Dark Ranger colleagues. (Not the night elf ones though - why Delaryn was given the "Dark Ranger Captain" over Velonara is beyond me.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Given that eye glow is a result of magic school elves practise or are exposed to, red eyes might be also nice for displaying sin'dorei connection to the fire element, there might be different variants of red eyes on blood elves. Also, expanding on use of blood magic on blood elves is also pretty cool, I'm up for that.

Also, this should be a Horde thing. There is no way void elves should get that while blood elves do not.
    True, but I think the "red eyes" are so popular with the Dark Rangers, so most people would just role with a "Dark Ranger RP" arc or a "San'layn" arc.
    If we remember the 8.0 campaign, if you looked closely enough, all of the Blood Prince's minions had red eyes.

I don't understand why Rhlor wants red eyes to be given to Void Elves, but not Blood Elves. I mean, Void colours aren't truly "red" to be honest. It's a combination of black, purple and orange. Red eyes for Thalassian Elves has always been a sign of undeath and it's most popular amongst the Horde Thalassian Elves, whether they are raised Sin'dorei (Lorash) or fallen Quel'dorei during the Third War (Velonara.)
    (They've gone weird with Sylvanas and those blue eyes.)
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-12-02 at 08:59 AM.

Tauren Paladins weren't iconic either and here we are. At this point I think fanservicing elf paladins to the alliance is not something that lore can avoid.

If you care nothing for the lore or context behind High Elves, then Blood Elves should be perfect for you already, so why do you even want HE paladins? You obviously have little love for humans, so why would you even care about being alliance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogboi10 View Post
    Tauren Paladins weren't iconic either and here we are. At this point I think fanservicing elf paladins to the alliance is not something that lore can avoid.
    The point is that HE fantasy is not being under-represented by not having paladins, they aren't missing any of their identity by not being paladins.

There's a big difference between "this race feels incomplete without X class/role" and "it would be neat this race had X class." I don't think anyone in here is against VE/HE paladins outright, it's the narrative that HE's "need" paladins to be complete that is just innaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by frogboi10 View Post
    Tauren paladin still arent iconic, not a reason to throw that to the void elves. Next to that it doesnt realy fit them and tbh there are only few barriers left vs blood elves, lets be carefull here shall we.

I think we are fine the way we are currently.

If Void Elves get paladins, they should be void-using paladins. That could even be the first class skin!

All races should be all non-hero classes.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    If Void Elves get paladins, they should be void-using paladins. That could even be the first class skin!
    Yeah, it makes no sense for Void Elves to canonically weild the light. So if Paladin ever becomes a new option, it has to be through some sort of class skin, or an overhaul of the Paladin archetype, such as reframing it as a holy warrior based on what that race deems sacred.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    All races should be all non-hero classes.
    Ostensibly, I agree. The problem is that currently, some race/class combos are anathema to to certain races, so barring a complete gameplay and lore segregation, some sort of reframing of the class archetypes, or class skins that use an already existing gameplay to represent a new fantasy, are needed.

Class Skins could have a lot of potential IMO.

I think nightmare druid is perfect for void elves

Why is this thread still going considering High Elves were delivered twice over to both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Why is this thread still going considering High Elves were delivered twice over to both factions.
    Because there's no much else to do around here man, come on let us talk about inane stuff lmao

But for real, this is the High Elf thread, where we talk about... high elves. Not because they are playable it will mean we will stop talking about them and what my come their way going forward, no?