1. #25881
    Imagine calling elves of any kind "Void beasts" when every single Void elf is hotter than all the people in this forum combined. Yikes.

    Hello? They're elves.

    "Elf" and "Beast" don't go together in the same thought process, let alone the same sentence.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-12-07 at 05:40 PM.

  2. #25882
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Last time I checked Blood elves demon hunters turn into demons and some of them have mutated permanantly.

    Still blood elves.

    It's time to aknowledge the fact that the Alliance can play blood, high and void elves.
    That's not the same thing. They're mutated because of their class. Velves are mutated for something more innate, which is why they're a different race.

    You can't be a demon hunter mage, while a velf can, get it?

    Think of DHs as paladins with perma wings, would lnt make them a different race. It's just a part of their class.

    A velves voidness is a part of their being, not part of their combat profession.

    Velves aren't perma spriests.

    So no the alliance can't play b/h/velves.

    Just velves that can masquerade as the other two.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 05:56 PM.

  3. #25883
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Last time I checked Blood elves demon hunters turn into demons and some of them have mutated permanantly.

    Still blood elves.

    It's time to aknowledge the fact that the Alliance can play blood, high and void elves.
    Green and red eyes for void elves!!!!

  4. #25884
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    37,200
    Let's not derail the thread into the Horde vs. Alliance playability argument again and instead focus on the discussion of aesthetics and in-game attributes.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  5. #25885
    Np, Cap.

    So as I've said before. Velves should have gotten the worgen treatment so as to keep the integrity of their racial identity.

    Now, velves have a diluted identity and it makes me sad.

    I always come back to this. How silly would it be to have green skinned maghar orcs, but somehow it's okay to play unvoidy VOID Elves. All for the sake of a very loud minority of alliance players. For shame blizz.

  6. #25886
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Np, Cap.

    So as I've said before. Velves should have gotten the worgen treatment so as to keep the integrity of their racial identity.

    Now, velves have a diluted identity and it makes me sad.

    I always come back to this. How silly would it be to have green skinned maghar orcs, but somehow it's okay to play unvoidy VOID Elves. All for the sake of a very loud minority of alliance players. For shame blizz.
    If the leader of the Mag'har allied race was a Green-skinned orc? For example a Fel-corrupted Geya'rah? Yes, it would be 100% fine to have green-skinned Mag'har orcs.

  7. #25887
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If the leader of the Mag'har allied race was a Green-skinned orc? For example a Fel-corrupted Geya'rah? Yes, it would be 100% fine to have green-skinned Mag'har orcs.
    Maghar literally means uncorrupted... You know how stupid that would be.

    Also, NPCs are able to be unique. When was the last time to saw playable elf forsaken or thin kultirans. Can player priests wear plate like anduin?

    Alleria is not even a normal velf, her process was completely different.

    Her void form is nothing like any playable velf can do.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 06:27 PM.

  8. #25888
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    That's not the same thing. They're mutated because of their class. Velves are mutated for something more innate, which is why they're a different race.

    You can't be a demon hunter mage, while a velf can, get it?

    Think of DHs as paladins with perma wings, would lnt make them a different race. It's just a part of their class.

    A velves voidness is a part of their being, not part of their combat profession.

    Velves aren't perma spriests.

    So no the alliance can't play b/h/velves.

    Just velves that can masquerade as the other two.
    So according to Varx :



    Totally blood elf.



    Totally not high elf.

    Thanks Varx. But you can just admit the truth
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  9. #25889
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So according to Varx :



    Totally blood elf.



    Totally not high elf.

    Thanks Varx. But you can just admit the truth
    Classic, helfer twisting shit up and spreading fake news.

    You posted a pic of a belf in meta, a form that's not even permanent. How deliberately disingenuous can you be?

    How, about you post a DH in normal form next. But keep in mind that their DH features are due their class, nothing else.

    Again, you cannot be a DH mage, but a velf sure as hell can be a mage.

    Small but very significant difference.

    Same reason why undead are a race and DK are a class.

    You gonna tell me forsaken dks are twice undead?

  10. #25890
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Classic, helfer twisting shit up and spreading fake news.

    You posted a pic of a belf in meta, a form that's not even permanent. How deliberately disingenuous can you be?

    How, about you post a DH in normal form next. But keep in mind that their DH features are due their class, nothing else.

    Again, you cannot be a DH mage, but a velf sure as hell can be a mage.

    Small but very significant difference.

    Same reason why undead are a race and DK are a class.

    You gonna tell me forsaken dks are twice undead?
    Plot twist : void elf shadow form isn't permanent too but blood elves horns are.

    Void elves are just elves empowered by the void. Just like blood elves shadow priests have a void form too
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  11. #25891
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Plot twist : void elf shadow form isn't permanent too but blood elves horns are.

    Void elves are just elves empowered by the void. Just like blood elves shadow priests have a void form too
    Velves have innate void energy inside them at all times, which then manifests as entropic embrace periodically. You can also creat void portals and even grow void tentacle in the barber if you so choose to.

    Now tell me, can a simple helf or belf do any of that? Can a belf sp grow static tentacles from their scalp or have void skin? Because remember, even a pale velf has that option at any time when visiting a barber.

    Velves are as different to helves as forsaken are to humans. It's just more subtle. But still makes them a different race at their core.

    Infact the 4 races really do draw some parallels that prove their physical differences.

    Forsaken can be all classes a human can, except paladins because they can't physically be paladins.

    Velves can be all classes belves can except DH, because DH starting intro is set during TBC, and paladins, because they also can't physically be paladins.


    That is something you cannot argue against. I don't know what else you need.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 06:56 PM.

  12. #25892
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Velves have innate void energy inside them at all times, which then manifests as entropic embrace periodically. You can also creat void portals and even grow void tentacle in the barber if you so choose to.

    Now tell me, can a simple helf or belf do any of that? Can a belf sp grow static tentacles from their scalp or have void skin? Because remember, even a pale velf has that option at any time when visiting a barber.
    Yeah. That's what I said. Just elves empowered by the void. Blood elves demon hunters are just blood elves empowered by fel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    That is something you cannot argue against.
    Oh I think I can :

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Druids_of_the_Flame

    Oh look. Night elves empowered by the flame
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  13. #25893
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Yeah. That's what I said. Just elves empowered by the void. Blood elves demon hunters are just blood elves empowered by fel.



    Oh I think I can :

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Druids_of_the_Flame

    Oh look. Night elves empowered by the flame

    So forsaken and humans are physically the same race.

    So you wouldn't raise an eye brow to a forsaken player who seriously claimed their playing horde humans.

    And I'm not talking about technicalities. I mean by wow race standards.

    I feel like you ignored most of my post and just cherry picked for your rebuke.

    How about you quote my entire post and separate each point with yours.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 07:08 PM.

  14. #25894
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So forsaken and humans are physically the same race.

    So you wouldn't raise an eye brow to a forsaken player who seriously claimed their playing horde humans.

    And I'm not talking about technicalities. I mean by wow race standards.
    Hum yeah. Horde players are playing dead humans, and there are dead elves in their ranks too.

    How is it new to you ?

    So Horde players claiming they're playing Horde dead humans makes sens.

    How about you quote my entire post and separate each point with yours.
    No need to quote your entire post since most of it is you basically saying "I can't stand high elves being playable on Alliance side and here's why"
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  15. #25895
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Hum yeah. Horde players are playing dead humans, and there are dead elves in their ranks too.

    How is it new to you ?

    So Horde players claiming they're playing Horde dead humans makes sens.



    No need to quote your entire post since most of it is you basically saying "I can't stand high elves being playable on Alliance side and here's why"
    I literally said I was not taking technicalities into account. Obviously forsaken are humans. But not by wow game play and lore standards.

    If your gonna ignore most of my posts then why bother responding only to make your self.look a fool to anyone who actually takes the time to read our discussion.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 07:37 PM.

  16. #25896
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Maghar literally means uncorrupted... You know how stupid that would be.

    Also, NPCs are able to be unique. When was the last time to saw playable elf forsaken or thin kultirans. Can player priests wear plate like anduin?

    Alleria is not even a normal velf, her process was completely different.

    Her void form is nothing like any playable velf can do.
    "Mag'har" means whatever Blizzard wants it to mean. If Blizzard wants to include a green orc inside the "Mag'har" faction, then that will become Mag'har identity and you will have to accept it.

    Just like the Ren'dorei leader Alleria is a VOID ELF who can retain her HIGH ELF form.

    And Blizzard agreed with me, that's why these options that should have been here in 2017 already, are finally added to the game

  17. #25897
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    "Mag'har" means whatever Blizzard wants it to mean. If Blizzard wants to include a green orc inside the "Mag'har" faction, then that will become Mag'har identity and you will have to accept it.

    Just like the Ren'dorei leader Alleria is a VOID ELF who can retain her HIGH ELF form.
    What are you saying, maghar translates to uncorrupted in orcish... Like that's blizzard telling you what it means, lmao.

    Alleria is not a velf who can be a helf. She's just a velf that can suppress her void form.

    Worgen players aren't playing two races, a worgen is a worgen. Part of the flavor is to revert to humans form but you're still a worgen.

  18. #25898
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    What are you saying, maghar translates to uncorrupted in orcish... Like that's blizzard telling you what it means, lmao.

    Alleria is not a velf who can be a helf. She's just a velf that can suppress her void form.

    Worgen players aren't playing two races, a worgen is a worgen. Part of the flavor is to revert to humans form but you're still a worgen.
    1) As I said, "Mag'har" translates to whatever Blizzard wants it to translate to, you DO realize it's NOT a real language, right? And Blizzard is known for retconning lore whenever they want.

    2) I didn't say Alleria can be a High elf, I said she can retain her High elf form.

    3) Your final point is meaningless to me because I'm not a High elf fan.

  19. #25899
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If the leader of the Mag'har allied race was a Green-skinned orc? For example a Fel-corrupted Geya'rah? Yes, it would be 100% fine to have green-skinned Mag'har orcs.
    Lightforged human customization like turalyon

  20. #25900
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Last time I checked Blood elves demon hunters turn into demons and some of them have mutated permanantly.

    Still blood elves.

    It's time to aknowledge the fact that the Alliance can play blood, high and void elves.

    Right and you don't see Demon Hunter fans, both Blood Elf and Night Elf players, running around asking for the Demon playable race OR masquerading around as a "demon playable race" outside of Metamorphosis on their Demon Hunter characters.


    Nor do you see them making insane stretches to justify their absurd head-canon, claiming "Blizzard gave us playable Demons!" just because you have horn options and can transmogriphy bat wings to your Cloak.


    Not to mention that, according to Blizzard themselves, Night Elves and Blood Elves who have become Demon Hunters are still considered... Night Elves and Blood Elves. According to Blizzard, High Elves and Blood Elves who have become Void Elves are considered... Void Elves.


    By the way, it's completely fine for you, the player, to play out your fantasy as a High Elf in game... even in role play scenarios. That's not the issue. The issue is incessantly driving that High Elves are playable while simultaneously attempting to discredit/disregard/dis-anything Void Elves as an actual functional, playable race. They are here. They exist. Get over it. It takes away from the largest crime of all that Blizzard committed when it comes to adding them: not allowing playable High Elves in the first place... or so that's what this thread was aimed to point out to begin with.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-12-07 at 08:40 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •