1. #26081
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Turalyon is no longer Regent because Anduin is no longer King. Being a Regent for a King who stepped down is oxymoron, it cannot happen, it is illogical. It's like trying to find the root of a negative number. Factually and by definition, you can't be the Regent of someone who stepped down as King.

    When Thrall stepped down temporarily to study the elements, Garrosh wasn't "Regent", he was "Warchief".

    Logic and Ion agree with me.

    The Alliance now belongs to Alleria and Turalyon.
    that is not true! Let's suppose that he truly abdicated, there are cases in history where regencies are formed until the election of a new king

  2. #26082
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Turalyon is no longer Regent because Anduin is no longer King. Being a Regent for a King who stepped down is oxymoron, it cannot happen, it is illogical. It's like trying to find the root of a negative number. Factually and by definition, you can't be the Regent of someone who stepped down as King.

    When Thrall stepped down temporarily to study the elements, Garrosh wasn't "Regent", he was "Warchief".

    Logic and Ion agree with me.

    The Alliance now belongs to Alleria and Turalyon.
    You can. Even when the line is completely extinct the people ruling are referred to as regents, until proper royalty is formally established again. Sometimes that could even take decades, if there isn't a clear line of succession and since Anduin never got laid, never named a successor(outside greymane) and has no cousins that's not an option.

    If you really want an extreme example Denethor's line from Lord of the Rings did it for generations, because the real King was prophetsised to return.

  3. #26083
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    that is not true! Let's suppose that he truly abdicated, there are cases in history where regencies are formed until the election of a new king
    You're not going to find anyone more qualified and capable than Turalyon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    You can. Even when the line is completely extinct the people ruling are referred to as regents, until proper royalty is formally established again. Sometimes that could even take decades, if there isn't a clear line of succession and since Anduin never got laid, never named a successor(outside greymane) and has no cousins that's not an option.

    If you really want an extreme example Denethor's line from Lord of the Rings did it for generations, because the real King was prophetsised to return.
    Anduin already named a succession in case anything happened: Turalyon, a nobleman from Lordaeron and the one who convinced the Human nations to unite into the Alliance.

  4. #26084
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Turalyon is no longer Regent because Anduin is no longer King. Being a Regent for a King who stepped down is oxymoron, it cannot happen, it is illogical. It's like trying to find the root of a negative number. Factually and by definition, you can't be the Regent of someone who stepped down as King.

    When Thrall stepped down temporarily to study the elements, Garrosh wasn't "Regent", he was "Warchief".

    Logic and Ion agree with me.

    The Alliance now belongs to Alleria and Turalyon.
    Orgrimmar is not a kingdom.

    Stormwind is. That's why Regent Garrosh wouldn't have worked.

    As long as Anduin is still alive, and as along as Blizzard doesn't clarify it, Turalyon is still Regent.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  5. #26085
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Orgrimmar is not a kingdom.

    Stormwind is. That's why Regent Garrosh wouldn't have worked.

    As long as Anduin is still alive, and as along as Blizzard doesn't clarify it, Turalyon is still Regent.
    Orgrimmar is the capital of Durotar, which is explicitly stated by its founder Thrall himself to be a kingdom, during a conversation with Rexxar in WC3:

    Thrall: Mok'Nathal. I've heard tales of your people. They had both orc and ogre blood in their veins. It is an honor. We've built this kingdom--Durotar--for all our kind. Durotar is as much your home as it is mine, Rexxar. Stay awhile. Accept what hospitality we can offer. It is the least we could do.
    So No, you are completely wrong. Durotar is a kingdom and yet Garrosh was never treated as its Regent, everyone accepted that he was its fully-acting leader, despite the fact that Thrall was only supposed to stay away temporarily.

  6. #26086
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You're not going to find anyone more qualified and capable than Turalyon.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Anduin already named a succession in case anything happened: Turalyon, a nobleman from Lordaeron and the one who convinced the Human nations to unite into the Alliance.
    Until he is called the King and his line is officially recognised as royalty he will continue being a regent, even if there is literally no king.


    Your Horde example doesn't exactly translate, as that's supposed to be a sort of Kratocracy, as compared to a monarchy meaning it's much more flexible regarding leadership and line of succession is more measured in blunt trauma than political standing... well was, at that time anyway.
    Last edited by sighy; 2022-04-24 at 07:26 PM. Reason: grammar

  7. #26087
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Orgrimmar is the capital of Durotar, which is explicitly stated by its founder Thrall himself to be a kingdom, during a conversation with Rexxar in WC3:



    So No, you are completely wrong. Durotar is a kingdom and yet Garrosh was never treated as its Regent, everyone accepted that he was its fully-acting leader, despite the fact that Thrall was only supposed to stay away temporarily.
    So first you were wrong about Anduin abdicating .. Now this ?

    So I will be more precise since you seem a little biaised in your arguments : Stormwind is a hereditary monarchy. Orgrimmar is not.

    So, as long as Anduin isn't dead or as long as he won't say he stepped away from being king forever, Turalyon will still remain regent, wether you like it or not.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  8. #26088
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So first you were wrong about Anduin abdicating .. Now this ?

    So I will be more precise since you seem a little biaised in your arguments : Stormwind is a hereditary monarchy. Orgrimmar is not.

    So, as long as Anduin isn't dead or as long as he won't say he stepped away from being king forever, Turalyon will still remain regent, wether you like it or not.
    Nope, I'm not wrong.

    I can't be wrong because Ion agrees with me that Anduin stepped down and thus he is no longer King. Turalyon is now the King of Stormwind, Alleria is the Queen, and Arator is the Prince, because Anduin stepped down and handed full powers over to Turalyon as per his own admission, with Greymane reiterating that the throne will be in Turalyon's hands.

    With this, Turalyon's Family replaces the Wrynn as the ruling dynasty of the Kingdom of Stormwind, with the full backing of the House of Nobles, whose support has always been vital to any would-be monarch of Stormwind.

    Also, No proof Durotar isn't a hereditary monarchy. On the contrary, the Frostwolf clan upon which most of the Durotar culture is based (with Thrall himself being a Frostwolf and the kingdom being named after a Frostwolf) was hereditary. That it is not hereditary is your baseless headcanon.

  9. #26089
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Nope, I'm not wrong.

    I can't be wrong because Ion agrees with me that Anduin stepped down and thus he is no longer King. Turalyon is now the King of Stormwind, Alleria is the Queen, and Arator is the Prince, because Anduin stepped down and handed full powers over to Turalyon as per his own admission, with Greymane reiterating that the throne will be in Turalyon's hands.

    With this, Turalyon's Family replaces the Wrynn as the ruling dynasty of the Kingdom of Stormwind, with the full backing of the House of Nobles, whose support has always been vital to any would-be monarch of Stormwind.

    Also, No proof Durotar isn't a hereditary monarchy. On the contrary, the Frostwolf clan upon which most of the Durotar culture is based (with Thrall himself being a Frostwolf and the kingdom being named after a Frostwolf) was hereditary. That it is not hereditary is your baseless headcanon.
    Alleria the queen and Arator the prince nice headcanons
    Still wrong and baseless assumptions. But no need to be aggressive man. Go out take a breath of fresh air and come back.

    Also you didn't ask Ion for confirmation and Ion didn't reply to you, so stop saying "Ion agrees with me blabla"

    And about Turalyon being regent :
    Genn Greymane says: Anduin entrusted Turalyon with command of our military forces. The Stormwind nobles support him serving as regent and protector of the realm.
    That occured when Anduin stepped down.

    For now, Turalyon only commands the Alliance military forces and is protector of the kingdom of Stormwind. Nothing more.

    So once again, you're wrong.
    Last edited by elbleuet; 2022-04-24 at 09:14 PM.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  10. #26090
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Alleria the queen and Arator the prince nice headcanons
    Still wrong and baseless assumptions. But no need to be aggressive man. Go out take a breath of fresh air and come back.

    Also you didn't ask Ion for confirmation and Ion didn't reply to you, so stop saying "Ion agrees with me blabla"

    And about Turalyon being regent :


    That occured when Anduin stepped down.

    For now, Turalyon only commands the Alliance military forces and is protector of the kingdom of Stormwind. Nothing more.

    So once again, you're wrong.
    Right, thanks for posting a line from the Shadowlands pre-patch, unfortunately we are talking about the developments from the post-Jailer raid in 9.2. Not really relevant, is it, since Anduin went through the whole process of having his body and mind suppressed and broken by the Janitor, in the 2 years between saying that line and 9.2.

    Also "Nothing more", yeah, because what more do you want? He already commands the Alliance AND Stormwind

  11. #26091
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Right, thanks for posting a line from the Shadowlands pre-patch, unfortunately we are talking about the developments from the post-Jailer raid in 9.2. Not really relevant, is it, since Anduin went through the whole process of having his body and mind suppressed and broken by the Janitor, in the 2 years between saying that line and 9.2.
    Also "Nothing more", yeah, because what more do you want? He already commands the Alliance AND Stormwind
    A line stating Turalyon was crowned king of Stormwind and a line stating Anduin renounced the throne of Stormwind forever ?

    Better. Turalyon IG with the title <King of Stormwind>, Alleria with the title <Queen of Stormwind> and Arator with the title <Prince of Stormwins>

    I'm waiting. Don't disappoint me sir
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  12. #26092
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You're not going to find anyone more qualified and capable than Turalyon.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Anduin already named a succession in case anything happened: Turalyon, a nobleman from Lordaeron and the one who convinced the Human nations to unite into the Alliance.
    the house of nobles would never recognize a foreigner without royal blood as king. even varian had to take a noble of the house as wife to be accepted.
    I think that if a new king had to be chosen it would be someone like dannath and if he marries a noblewoman from stormwind
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2022-04-24 at 10:48 PM.

  13. #26093
    Anduin will just ask/command Turalyon to continue as regent. Its more or less the same situation we had with Kael'thas and Lorthemar.

    The idea that a light worshipping populace, nobles and commoners alike, as we have in the Kingdoms of Stormwind, would accept an elf, that has gobbled up a Void naaru, who is literally a Void entity, that doesn't fit at all. Even though the incompetent writers at Blizzard ignore all the conflict that should exist between the Void Elves and Light Formed especially.

  14. #26094
    Why is this thread still here? Alliance can play as High Elves now since SL launch. MOVE ON already.

  15. #26095
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,904
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Why is this thread still here? Alliance can play as High Elves now since SL launch. MOVE ON already.
    try asking a high elf related question, any question, outside of this thread and see how it goes
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  16. #26096
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    try asking a high elf related question, any question, outside of this thread and see how it goes
    I will never understand why people are baffled about other people wanting to talk about a race. We do have threads for several races, but it's always the HE thread that somehow brings up the disbelief.

  17. #26097
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,904
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I will never understand why people are baffled about other people wanting to talk about a race. We do have threads for several races, but it's always the HE thread that somehow brings up the disbelief.
    perhaps we should also tell @KayRule to apply the same energy for the Troll Race Thread, the Blood Elf Thread, and the Night Elves/Borne Thread

    maybe he can start on my Alteraci Human for the Horde thread
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  18. #26098
    "We'll get to see some characters working together that would be previously unthinkable."
    Magister Umbric featuring in this expansion is becoming more and more likely.

    To say that Magister Umbric has a bad history with the Blood elves and the Reliquary would be an understatement. Not only he was exiled and forsaken by his own kin, but he also took part in the conflict against the Reliquary in Vol'dun and Zuldazar.

    But then, would it not be unexpected for Magister Umbric to team up with the Reliquary in 10.0? We already know that Explorer's League and Reliquary will be main factions of 10.0, and Magister Umbric has interacted a lot with the Explorer's League in BfA, in the aforementioned zones, so he has a history to accompany them in their journey.

    I truly do hope Alleria sends him to help the Explorer's League and there he goes on a questline to prove his worth once more and even work alongside the Reliquary, his former enemies, to face the dangers of the isles. I also hope they give him a unique model.

    Umbric could also take an interest in the Dracthyr. They were created by Neltharion, and given Neltharion's fate with the Void, Umbric could take an interest in that.

    I am now mildly hyped for this expansion. And since elves always excel at roasting, if Magister Umbric and the Reliquary interact a lot, things are about to get spicy.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-27 at 05:17 PM.

  19. #26099
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,377
    I saw the news from Holinka in the MrGM interview that their broad goal is to not have race restrict classes. So looks like Void Elves eventually will get Paladins, so that access along with the High Elf customizations will allow for the closest ever High Elf Paladin on Alliance in the game. Pretty sweet.

  20. #26100
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I saw the news from Holinka in the MrGM interview that their broad goal is to not have race restrict classes. So looks like Void Elves eventually will get Paladins, so that access along with the High Elf customizations will allow for the closest ever High Elf Paladin on Alliance in the game. Pretty sweet.
    I had a dream Darkfallen Night Elves would get Druid (Revendreth biome aesthetic) & Darkfallen Blood Elves would get Paladin (San'layn Bloodbearer aesthetic) when they go live. I'm manifesting it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •