1. #26221
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Wouldn't this then make Bolvar the leader of the Undead Void elves as they would fall under the category of the Death Knights in this case?
    No.

    Bolvar Fordragon is not a member of the Alliance and has no connection with the Ren'dorei.

    As those Darkfallen are Void elves, their leader is Alleria Windrunner, as laid out in Canon. Their numbers therefore bolster the ranks of the Ren'dorei.

    As for Bolvar, before trying to take control of a group of Darkfallen in the Alliance, he should improve his dogshit garbage parenting skills so that he doesn't get exposed as a fraud in front of everyone by his daughter.

  2. #26222
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No.

    Bolvar Fordragon is not a member of the Alliance and has no connection with the Ren'dorei.

    As those Darkfallen are Void elves, their leader is Alleria Windrunner, as laid out in Canon. Their numbers therefore bolster the ranks of the Ren'dorei.

    As for Bolvar, before trying to take control of a group of Darkfallen in the Alliance, he should improve his dogshit garbage parenting skills so that he doesn't get exposed as a fraud in front of everyone by his daughter.
    Triggered but you know its got to be the truth.

  3. #26223
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Triggered but you know its got to be the truth.
    I'm as calm as humanly possible.

    Whether this thread on this fansite wants to accept Canon or not is irrelevant to what the Game shows us. And as we know, the Game is the ultimate Canonical source of the Warcraft franchise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    This is the cutscene that plays when you create a Ren'dorei Dark Ranger:




    I'm not seeing Bolvar Fordragon in this scene.

  4. #26224
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,246
    Alleria is a proud of her high elven lineage.

    I don't see her leading undead elves raised from the deads by Sylvanas.

    And Alliance Dark Rangers can simply form their own order into the Alliance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I know it doesn't make much sense, but it's still insane how good the Darkfallen skin looks with VE hairstyles.

    I think they deliver the Vampire vibe way better than the High Elf vibe, and I think it's really funny because the other way around would make more sense.

    I mean...
    Damn it looks even better with void elves than it does with blood elves.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  5. #26225
    Honestly, I think night elves are the ones with the best options as darkfallen. They have a wider variety of options than blood elves and void elves. In particular, they have tattered ears, scars, and tattoos that allow for more varied looks and fit well with the darkfallen theme.

  6. #26226
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    *SNIP*
    Wow, how people are able to watch that and not have so many damn red flags shoot literally shoot out of their screens to slap them in the face is downright terrifying. Oh yeah literal freaking gods have fallen to this but we are different yep, nope no way we are going to get addicted or turn evil. Nope. We are totally different trust us.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

  7. #26227
    Come on guys, let's not make this thread about debunking every silly thing Varodoc says.

  8. #26228
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Alleria is a proud of her high elven lineage.

    I don't see her leading undead elves raised from the deads by Sylvanas.

    Damn it looks even better with void elves than it does with blood elves.
    Darkfallen Thalassians died to defend Quel'Thalas from the Scourge. Their sacrifice would be honored.

    And Alliance Dark Rangers can simply form their own order into the Alliance.
    An unwise move. The Ren'dorei are already the strongest and largest faction of Alliance-aligned Thalassians, led by one of the most renowned war heroes in Quel'Thalas' history. They gain nothing from forming their own little pathetic throng instead of submitting themselves to the Ren'dorei and gaining their protection.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-10 at 09:23 PM.

  9. #26229
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Alleria is a proud of her high elven lineage.

    I don't see her leading undead elves raised from the deads by Sylvanas.

    And Alliance Dark Rangers can simply form their own order into the Alliance.
    I *could* see Alleria taking in darkfallen, but it's far from taking it for granted. Until we get confirmation of who do the alliance Darfallen serve to, I think the most sensible choice is to see them occupying the same liminal space that alliance DK have. Because, obviously, since the VE origin story is still locked to that timeframe where the first VE were created, any posterior new VE's origin and position is HIGHLY speculative.

    Personally, would kinda like to see Vereesa taking in the Darkfallen, as a way of externalizing her acceptance for what Sylvanas is/has become, but yeah, alliance Darkfallen as their own little covert group that works more from the shadows could be very neat.

  10. #26230
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Wow, how people are able to watch that and not have so many damn red flags shoot literally shoot out of their screens to slap them in the face is downright terrifying. Oh yeah literal freaking gods have fallen to this but we are different yep, nope no way we are going to get addicted or turn evil. Nope. We are totally different trust us.
    Being a God doesn't mean that you have greater mental fortitude.

    There are plenty of examples in fiction of Gods who are more gullible/naive/weak mentally/emotionally than mortals.

    "Divine" beings like Ra'den and Neltharion fell to the powers of the Void, while Alleria Windrunner and the Ren'dorei embraced the Void and survived with their sanity intact.

    Therefore, beings like Ra'den and Neltharion were not strong enough to resist the whispers of the Void. While Alleria and the Ren'dorei succeeded.

  11. #26231
    Banned Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    4,104
    I agree add Void Elf Demon Hunters

  12. #26232
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I agree add Void Elf Demon Hunters
    The reason why they haven't been added yet is purely because of the Demon form. The Void elves would have a form similar to the Blood elves, but with different hair colour and more purplish. We know that Void elf DHs will come, as they want to open all classes to all races, but due to the Demon form, they'll come last for all races. I also imagine that the intro scenario needs to be changed a little, like they did with allied races DKs.

    Even though storywise there is indeed nothing stopping an ambitious Demon Hunter from joining the ranks of the Children of the Void, and plunging themself into the study of the Void. We see from Xhul'horac in WoD that Void and Fel can coexist in a single creature, although with great difficulty.

  13. #26233
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Too late. It already went live.
    Horde finally got their 'undead Paladins'

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Honestly, I think night elves are the ones with the best options as darkfallen. They have a wider variety of options than blood elves and void elves. In particular, they have tattered ears, scars, and tattoos that allow for more varied looks and fit well with the darkfallen theme.
    I agree, I think it was best done on Night Elves, I've seen people do some mock ups, especially NE Druids with the look, gets very baba yaga type vibes due to armor selection for Druids.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That is also why I am pro-customizations as far as it can get nowadays. Not everything should be explicitly written and lawyered up. "How the hell is there X that is also Y?". Because *use your imagination*, that's how.
    I do agree with this, hell the WoW team themselves, particularly Danuser, already commented on the subject when asked about Wildhammer Dwarf customization including story pieces and he literally stated there aren't enough resources/time for them to represent in-game every single customization theme that players gain access to, to do that would in turn give players fewer options.

    What we're seeing here is what Blizzard's been stating for a while now: Customization is an ongoing process, and they look to add what players ask for, and not every additional option is going to have some in-game-world explanation for why it's given. Also that obviously the more popular requests will end up taking priority (so sorry for anyone who are fans of the more least played races etc).

  14. #26234
    People are still complaining undead void elves?

    The lore moves at a snail's pace. Gonna have to agree with Gaidax here, use your imagination - and a bit of common sense too.
    The whole race is themed to shadow, void, eldritch horror, whatever. One of the only things the race has done in the game since it's introduction is necromancy, and the void has been described as being vampiric since the start. I'm still making an early call we're allying with the San'layn eventually formally - they're the only "undead elf" group that's still fully hostile, and especially so to the Horde with 9.2.5 and Vorath. (...who was using void.)
    Also, Dar'khan is the only other major lore character we have a connection to that isn't Alleria. Not Solarian, Dar'khan.

    Alleria is a hero who was not present for the fall of Quel'thalas - how much bias would she have towards a situation she had no hand with? Especially when they're also cursed in a way, and especially when it's been clearly stated Quel'thalas didn't welcome them back with open arms. Reading between the lines, and again, wee bit of creativity, gathering as many Thalassian exiles under one banner themed to shadow is a cool concept, and absolutely makes sense.

    Also, can we stop focusing on Alleria as a "leader" for once? Umbric is right there. Let the man do something, and have him get involved with whatever story we're getting in regards to this.

    Also, yes, add Void Elf Demon Hunters.
    Voidwalkers exist, and demon hunters could begin to study the next big threat that freaked even their old enemy out.

  15. #26235
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    People are still complaining undead void elves?

    The lore moves at a snail's pace. Gonna have to agree with Gaidax here, use your imagination - and a bit of common sense too.
    The whole race is themed to shadow, void, eldritch horror, whatever. One of the only things the race has done in the game since it's introduction is necromancy, and the void has been described as being vampiric since the start. I'm still making an early call we're allying with the San'layn eventually formally - they're the only "undead elf" group that's still fully hostile, and especially so to the Horde with 9.2.5 and Vorath. (...who was using void.)
    Also, Dar'khan is the only other major lore character we have a connection to that isn't Alleria. Not Solarian, Dar'khan.

    Alleria is a hero who was not present for the fall of Quel'thalas - how much bias would she have towards a situation she had no hand with? Especially when they're also cursed in a way, and especially when it's been clearly stated Quel'thalas didn't welcome them back with open arms. Reading between the lines, and again, wee bit of creativity, gathering as many Thalassian exiles under one banner themed to shadow is a cool concept, and absolutely makes sense.

    Also, can we stop focusing on Alleria as a "leader" for once? Umbric is right there. Let the man do something, and have him get involved with whatever story we're getting in regards to this.

    Also, yes, add Void Elf Demon Hunters.
    Voidwalkers exist, and demon hunters could begin to study the next big threat that freaked even their old enemy out.
    I mean, Umbric literally had more screentime than Alleria in BfA, precisely because he's only second-in-command.

    In BfA, Alleria as the Ren'dorei leader told Umbric to help the 7th Legion's war effort and prove the Ren'dorei's worth to the Alliance. Umbric was actually in the field doing things in Vol'dun and Zuldazar, while Alleria was literally afk on a boat in Boralus.

    You complain about Umbric not getting featured enough in stories and yet he literally had more screentime and things to do than Alleria in the faction war.

    It seems like the focus should be on Alleria doing things for once.

  16. #26236
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,862
    Silvermoon in Reforged, before and after:






    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, Umbric literally had more screentime than Alleria in BfA, precisely because he's only second-in-command.

    In BfA, Alleria as the Ren'dorei leader told Umbric to help the 7th Legion's war effort and prove the Ren'dorei's worth to the Alliance. Umbric was actually in the field doing things in Vol'dun and Zuldazar, while Alleria was literally afk on a boat in Boralus.

    You complain about Umbric not getting featured enough in stories and yet he literally had more screentime and things to do than Alleria in the faction war.

    It seems like the focus should be on Alleria doing things for once.
    eh the only thing I saw him in BFA other than the last raid is his bio-weapons in Zul'dazar
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  17. #26237
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

    eh the only thing I saw him in BFA other than the last raid is his bio-weapons in Zul'dazar
    Then you didn't play the Alliance war-campaign.

    He appears in Vol'dun and is recruited as a companion in the BfA Garrison system. He asks to be redeployed in Zuldazar, where he teams up with Shandris Feathermoon to disrupt negotiations between Horde and Zandalari and to also disrupt Bilgewater operations in the area. Then he personally leads an attack to Gallywix pleasure palace to hunt down Gallywix, and while he fails to kill the real Gallywix, he still deals a decisive blow to the Bilgewaters. Then he helps Jaina open a portal to the Zandalari royal treasury. And then he appears in the Alliance Faction Assaults on Zuldazar.

    While all of this is going on, Alleria being the leader is in Boralus organizing things and planning things with Wyrmbane, aka she's afk on a boat.

  18. #26238
    Banned KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,041
    The new customizations for Darkfallen elves, as well as tying the lore of the San'layn to that of being apart of this "race" of undead elves, has reinvigorated my interest in elves. Specifically... Darkfallen elves.


    Dark Ranger armor appearances for hunters only is the first step. Hopefully we can get San'layn armor appearances for... mages? Maybe warlocks? How about both?

  19. #26239
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The new customizations for Darkfallen elves, as well as tying the lore of the San'layn to that of being apart of this "race" of undead elves, has reinvigorated my interest in elves. Specifically... Darkfallen elves.


    Dark Ranger armor appearances for hunters only is the first step. Hopefully we can get San'layn armor appearances for... mages? Maybe warlocks? How about both?
    TBH I think the Venthyr mogs do so much for the San'layn aesthetic. Not only the 4 armor tupe ones, but the two cosmetic ones.

  20. #26240
    Elves look incredible in the minds of their creators. But in fact it looks rather implausible and crooked. And honestly, I couldn't have done any better, so I don't even know if I have the right to say that. But that's really my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •