1. #26241
    Since it is confirmed that all races will get all classes, Void elves Paladin will become a thing. We will see Alleria and the Ren'dorei discover the secret of mixing Light and Void. No longer will they be hurt just by touching the Light.

    As Void elves will also get Demon Hunter, we can expect them to finally receive green eyes option. I suspect that the Sin'dorei scholars introduced in Legion will play a role in this.

    Now watch as Void elves become even more awesome and amazing in their Cosmic powers, I can hardly wait!

    Soon, we will be able to create a being who is thoroughly infused with 3 different Cosmic powers in one body: a Ren'dorei Darkfallen Paladin! We might be looking at the most unique creature in the entire Warcraft Cosmos.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-17 at 11:13 AM.

  2. #26242
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    As Void elves will also get Demon Hunter, we can expect them to finally receive green eyes option. I suspect that the Sin'dorei scholars introduced in Legion will play a role in this.
    When this happen, I expect only that void elf DHs will get access to unique eye customizations DH class have.¨

    Night elves did not get fel eyes as a whole race either.

  3. #26243
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    When this happen, I expect only that void elf DHs will get access to unique eye customizations DH class have.¨

    Night elves did not get fel eyes as a whole race either.
    The Kaldorei don't have Sin'dorei amongst their ranks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯





    Which reminds me, they should also get all the Blood elf hairstyles and jewelry options, since they have Blood elves in their ranks. But... oh well... one battle at a time.

  4. #26244
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Kaldorei don't have Sin'dorei amongst their ranks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Which reminds me, they should also get all the Blood elf hairstyles and jewelry options, since they have Blood elves in their ranks. But... oh well... one battle at a time.
    Apples and oranges.

    Demon hunter eye customizations is not based on sin'dorei eyes having fel tint. It's based on the fact that DHs are magicaly blinded. Race have nothing to do with this, it's a class thing. Night elf and blood elf DHs can't access regular eye option, and other classes can't have DH eyes, even if they are night/blood elves.

  5. #26245
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Apples and oranges.

    Demon hunter eye customizations is not based on sin'dorei eyes having fel tint. It's based on the fact that DHs are magicaly blinded. Race have nothing to do with this, it's a class thing. Night elf and blood elf DHs can't access regular eye option, and other classes can't have DH eyes, even if they are night/blood elves.
    So are you denying that they have Blood elves in their ranks?

  6. #26246
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So are you denying that they have Blood elves in their ranks?
    No, I'm not. Blood elves in Telogrus rift does not mean that void elves will get green eyes because of DH class. New class combo is irrelevant for race customizations.

  7. #26247
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    No, I'm not. Blood elves in Telogrus rift does not mean that void elves will get green eyes because of DH class. New class combo is irrelevant for race customizations.
    You're the one who decided to read my post as cause-effect.

    I was just saying that, while/simultaneously with Demon hunters becoming playable, we can also expect the Void elves to receive green eyes thanks to those scholars.

  8. #26248
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You're the one who decided to read my post as cause-effect.

    I was just saying that, while/simultaneously with Demon hunters becoming playable, we can also expect the Void elves to receive green eyes thanks to those scholars.
    As I said, new class combination does not mean a that race will get new customizations. These scholars are part of Telogrus since it's introduction, there were already plenty of ocasions to implement green eyes already. While it may happen in the future for sure, I'd welcome more unique customizations for void elves then mere copy pasting of blood elf stuff.

  9. #26249
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

    Which reminds me, they should also get all the Blood elf hairstyles and jewelry options, since they have Blood elves in their ranks. But... oh well... one battle at a time.
    Necklaces should be models for neckpiece items. They should turn the necklace customizations into transmogable item appearances for everyone.

  10. #26250
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Necklaces should be models for neckpiece items. They should turn the necklace customizations into transmogable item appearances for everyone.
    I disagree with this.

    I think there is an argument to be made that, for instance, a Night elf (not a Highborne) would not wear the jewelry of a Blood elf. While Blood elves remained loyal to their elegant and regal ancestry, Night elves became more savage and warlike, and I think exclusive jewelry would be one way to represent this schism. Night elf jewelry definitely seems more silvery and associated with moon imagery as well as the wilderness, while Blood elf jewelry is more golden and associated with the sun. The same goes for other races. A dwarf would not wear the necklace that a Mag'har can wear, and so on.

    This is different with Void elves though. Void elves should 100% get the jewelry option of Blood elves, because they are literally the same culture. The only difference is that Void elves have embraced the Void at a biological level, it has mutated them, but culturally they are not that different from Blood elves. They still retain the ambition and curiosity that characterized the TBC Blood elves, for example, and so I don't see why a Void elf couldn't keep the necklace or bracelets they had as a Blood elf.

    The inverse is not true, however. Blood elves should not get the jewelry exclusive to Void elves, because Void elf jewelry accentuates their connection to the shadows, which Blood elves do not share.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-26 at 01:15 PM.

  11. #26251
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I disagree with this.

    I think there is an argument to be made that, for instance, a Night elf (not a Highborne) would not wear the jewelry of a Blood elf. While Blood elves remained loyal to their elegant and regal ancestry, Night elves became more savage and warlike, and I think exclusive jewelry would be one way to represent this schism. Night elf jewelry definitely seems more silvery and associated with moon imagery as well as the wilderness, while Blood elf jewelry is more golden and associated with the sun. The same goes for other races. A dwarf would not wear the necklace that a Mag'har can wear, and so on.
    I agree with you on that. Sure, jewelery could be put in the game as transmog options, but as you say, I find it more fitting as a character customization to give players more racial flavors. Also, it would require immense work to put so many models for all these necklaces and rings to the game.


    This is different with Void elves though. Void elves should 100% get the jewelry option of Blood elves, because they are literally the same culture. The only difference is that Void elves have embraced the Void at a biological level, it has mutated them, but culturally they are not that different from Blood elves. They still retain the ambition and curiosity that characterized the TBC Blood elves, for example, and so I don't see why a Void elf couldn't keep the necklace or bracelets they had as a Blood elf.

    The inverse is not true, however. Blood elves should not get the jewelry exclusive to Void elves, because Void elf jewelry accentuates their connection to the shadows, which Blood elves do not share.
    Well, by becoming void elves and defecting to the Alliance, void elves made changes to their culture as well. First of all, void elves seem to distance themselves from the Sun oriented culture blood elves have. Void elf NPCs does no have any references to the sun in their voice lines. They even abandoned Sunwell as a crucial part of their culture, see their emotes - "Remember the Sunwell? I'm so over it." In all their voice lines, Void and shadows replaced the Sun and Sunwell, so they definitely altered their culture a bit. That means any solar themed jewelery does not make much sense for them. They do not share it with blood elves anymore.

    What do they share is common Highborne ancestry and thalassian legacy. I'd say phoenix symbolism is also fitting for void elves, since they also survived Scourge invasion of Quel'thalas. Even high elves of Silver Covenant use phoenix iconography on their banners, so it seems phoenix is a symbol of all thalassians who survived genocide of their people.

  12. #26252
    Mechagnome Hawkknight97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Stormwind to other places.
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    No, I'm not. Blood elves in Telogrus rift does not mean that void elves will get green eyes because of DH class. New class combo is irrelevant for race customizations.
    Unless if they get Half Elf Features like normal human eyes like Green and Brown. But from Blood Elves not really so much.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

  13. #26253
    I like see more high elves horde


  14. #26254
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,247
    These are blue-eyed blood elves. This thread is about Alliance High elves.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  15. #26255
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    These are blue-eyed blood elves. This thread is about Alliance High elves.
    It will always be weird how people pretend to not understand the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves, even after all these years.

  16. #26256
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Since it is confirmed that all races will get all classes, Void elves Paladin will become a thing.
    This is long overdue, but glad to see its confirmation nonetheless. I think the funnier thing is those who said it wouldn't ever be possible. I wonder if they'll get a holy hawkstrider of some sort or maybe a unicorn?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It will always be weird how people pretend to not understand the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves, even after all these years.
    Happy to let people cope however they want. So glad there aren't anymore inane arguments these days over how 'High Elves on Alliance won't happen'. Don't really see an issue if people want to call their Blood Elves, High Elves, since hey they kept telling Alliance players to do the same thing before yeah?

    I'm just happy for the options to actually exist that allows both sides to have High Elves customization.

  17. #26257
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    This is long overdue, but glad to see its confirmation nonetheless. I think the funnier thing is those who said it wouldn't ever be possible. I wonder if they'll get a holy hawkstrider of some sort or maybe a unicorn?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Happy to let people cope however they want. So glad there aren't anymore inane arguments these days over how 'High Elves on Alliance won't happen'. Don't really see an issue if people want to call their Blood Elves, High Elves, since hey they kept telling Alliance players to do the same thing before yeah?

    I'm just happy for the options to actually exist that allows both sides to have High Elves customization.
    The Void elves as a race are all about defying odds and expectations. Alleria Windrunner defied all odds when she became the first mortal in the Cosmos to defy the Shadows' whispers and survive. Magister Umbric and his scholars followed.

    Before her, every user who extensively infused themselves with Void, whether it be Ner'zhul or the Mac'aree Broken, always succumbed and devolved into total insanity. Alleria and the Void elves are the first who retained their mental stability.

    As such, as their theme is defying all odds, it makes sense that they would also discover the secret to combining Light and Void into one warrior.

    The mount option will definitely be something interesting to see. I suppose it will be a charger, like the Blood elves'.

  18. #26258
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Void elves as a race are all about defying odds and expectations.
    Suuuuuuuuure. They didn't even do anything against N'zoth. And Alleria couldn't even stop Sylvanas.

  19. #26259
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Suuuuuuuuure. They didn't even do anything against N'zoth.
    This is an irrelevant point to bring up

    And Alleria couldn't even stop Sylvanas.
    Also an irrelevant point that doesn't change the fact that Alleria and her kin defied all odds and expectations. Besides, Sylvanas is the lead writer's waifu so no one was allowed to stop her.

  20. #26260
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    This is long overdue, but glad to see its confirmation nonetheless. I think the funnier thing is those who said it wouldn't ever be possible. I wonder if they'll get a holy hawkstrider of some sort or maybe a unicorn?
    While I don't think it will happen during Dragonflight, I do hope that when it does, it has some context added rather than just adding the class. Cause while I liked that new skin and hair colors were added, it was kinda, well, lame that we weren't given any new context on the justification behind -IMO, guess it's just a retcon then and VE's were always able to have unvoided skin and hair)


    Happy to let people cope however they want. So glad there aren't anymore inane arguments these days over how 'High Elves on Alliance won't happen'. Don't really see an issue if people want to call their Blood Elves, High Elves, since hey they kept telling Alliance players to do the same thing before yeah?

    I'm just happy for the options to actually exist that allows both sides to have High Elves customization.
    Yeah, I guess it's just weird this being obviously an alliance centered thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •