1. #26281
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,372


    Alliance boss in an alternate reality (patch 10.1.5) Wonderful
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  2. #26282
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    So now that high elves are in Alliance, and Void Elves took all the "old school" Blood Elf tropes back to the Alliance, I'm curious what you all think about Blood Elves as a race right now. With the new customization options they're literally just Horde High Elves now, but I sort of wish they had more going on than that...
    They just need to dip hard into their totalitarian mindset, and go heavy on aesthetics with the Sunwell - Holy / Arcane / Phoenixes / Fire / Sun - ect ect.
    They can still stand on their own and have the potential to still be vicious. The overall lack of story focus on Thalassian elves gimped them a bit, which likely stems partially from the scrapped Silvermoon warfront.

    There's potential there, but it's a matter of how long do we have to wait for a customization update and any sort of story that focuses on things we already have in the game, rather than new NPC races constantly.

  3. #26283
    Well, my Blood Elves are Blood Elves with green eyes and luscious hair and my Void Elves are Void or High Elf got blue/purple eyes AND luscious hair :-)

    Moar was the goal, moar we got.

  4. #26284
    Dreadlord Hawkknight97's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Stormwind to other places.
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post


    Alliance boss in an alternate reality (patch 10.1.5) Wonderful
    Man I want the Blood Elf's High Elf Style Hairstyles. Is it too hard to ask for normal hairstyles now in days?
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

  5. #26285
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    Man I want the Blood Elf's High Elf Style Hairstyles. Is it too hard to ask for normal hairstyles now in days?
    If Void elves got even a small fraction of the love that other allied races like Nightborne got in recent years, they would already have all the Blood elf customization options.

    Since there's literally no reason why a Void elf can't fashion her hair in that style.

    Maybe Void elves will finally get a bone thrown at them in the customization department if/when Blizzard remembers that Alleria Windrunner and Magister Umbric exist in the Story.

  6. #26286
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    Man I want the Blood Elf's High Elf Style Hairstyles. Is it too hard to ask for normal hairstyles now in days?
    The VE model desperately needs more Hairstyles. Make new ones! Swap with BE, swap with NE! Anything!! It's just such a bummer that most AR's are so limited when it comes to Hairstyle choices -which IMO is what most alters a silhouette-

    I do wish that the ones that can just would share hairstyles with their core race. I am more of a proponent of swapping VE with NE for factional aesthetic reasons, but at the end of the day it IS just simpler to swap VE/BE and NB/NE hair.







    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2023-05-28 at 12:56 AM.

  7. #26287
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If Void elves got even a small fraction of the love that other allied races like Nightborne got in recent years, they would already have all the Blood elf customization options.

    Since there's literally no reason why a Void elf can't fashion her hair in that style.

    Maybe Void elves will finally get a bone thrown at them in the customization department if/when Blizzard remembers that Alleria Windrunner and Magister Umbric exist in the Story.
    Remember when "Who?" was a meme for Lor'themar?

    About to just start doing that with Umbric until he flips a bench and gets a custom model that doesn't look like he shoved his tentacles in an electrical socket.

  8. #26288
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    The VE model desperately needs more Hairstyles. Make new ones! Swap with BE, swap with NE! Anything!! It's just such a bummer that most AR's are so limited when it comes to Hairstyle choices -which IMO is what most alters a silhouette-

    I do wish that the ones that can just would share hairstyles with their core race. I am more of a proponent of swapping VE with NE for factional aesthetic reasons, but at the end of the day it IS just simpler to swap VE/BE and NB/NE hair.







    Oh, these looks awesome, especially male hairstyles. It fits so well...
    I also think human/kul tiran hairstyles would look good too.

  9. #26289
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Remember when "Who?" was a meme for Lor'themar?

    About to just start doing that with Umbric until he flips a bench and gets a custom model that doesn't look like he shoved his tentacles in an electrical socket.
    Lor'themar first appeared in TBC, when the Story was still world-driven instead of character-driven. That's why the first two expansion cinematics focused on the adventurers instead of lore characters, that's why villains were generic, one-dimensional, and existed only for the loot, that's why the faction leaders rarely took to the field. As such, the fact that Lor'themar during his introduction was some random meme filler character is only natural. The other faction leaders (Anduin, Tyrande, Thrall, Magni, Cairne, Vol'jin, Velen, etc.) also did barely anything in the actual stories of Classic/TBC. Once WoW moved towards a more Character-driven story, in Cataclysm and MoP, Lor'themar was given a significant role to play in the Horde civil war.

    Meanwhile, Magister Umbric was introduced at the end of Legion, when Blizzard had already decided to place the characters, the faction leaders, at the centre-stage of the story. So, the fact that Magister Umbric hasn't done anything since BfA Launch (aside from a brief cameo during the Faction assaults of 8.1 and the Corrupted visions of 8.3) is unexpected, undeserved, and proof of Blizzard's bias against the Ren'dorei.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-05-28 at 02:30 PM.

  10. #26290
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Oh, these looks awesome, especially male hairstyles. It fits so well...
    I also think human/kul tiran hairstyles would look good too.
    Fun thing, I tried to make Human Hairstyles work, and a lot of them didn't: for some reason a lot of them are very low quality, and a lot of them have bald spots. Kul Tiran do look great, have a couple done somewhere!

    But yeah, I mostly went for NE hairstyles under the context of a Core Race/Allied Race hair swap; like Human/Kul Tiran, Zandalari/Troll, Draenei/LFD, Orc/Mah'gar, etc. Chose to pair NB/BE and VE/NE to keep some of the idea of faction aesthetics, and how races would be influenced by members of their faction.

  11. #26291
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    The VE model desperately needs more Hairstyles. Make new ones! Swap with BE, swap with NE! Anything!! It's just such a bummer that most AR's are so limited when it comes to Hairstyle choices -which IMO is what most alters a silhouette-

    I do wish that the ones that can just would share hairstyles with their core race. I am more of a proponent of swapping VE with NE for factional aesthetic reasons, but at the end of the day it IS just simpler to swap VE/BE and NB/NE hair.







    These look amazing, Void Elves really need more customization, even more than Blood Elves now because they are supposed to support two different fantasies in the same race.

    But I honestly would not mind if instead of more character customization we were be able to customize the actual race, like it's own racials and voicelines and race tag and all that, it's the last bit that I think they need.

    Wildhammer Dwarves should also get such treatment, because they are in the same situation as High Elves as some sort of costume through character personalization.

  12. #26292
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,545
    I have to agree those Night Elves hairstyles on Void Elves looks really cool. One on my biggest issues with Void Elves (besides their terrible quality racial) is that they lack a lot of normal-ish/traditional hairstyles, with many focused on trying to look edgy/stylish. I think those Night Elven examples and Blood Elven hairstyles are more traditional/standard.

    Whilst I want to see more for Void Elves I would also say it shouldn't neglect Blood Elves, so more hairstyles coming for Void should mean options for Blood (even if it's the same - they are the same race after all). I'll still repeatedly request for tribalistic tattoo's/war paints as I feel for Void/High Elves these seem really appropriate. I'm also wondering if the hand glow effect for Nightborne would be nice to see on Elves (Purple/Blue for Void and Red/Green for Blood).

    Not been back to this thread for a while, amused to see it still going. Obviously more options is better and I can imagine Void/Blood Elves will get more down the line. Also going to hope they add a more traditional heritage armor for Void Elves that is more High Elven is nature (ranger-eske?)
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

    Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

  13. #26293
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    These look amazing, Void Elves really need more customization, even more than Blood Elves now because they are supposed to support two different fantasies in the same race.
    To be honest I think many races should be able to support more than one limited fantasy. In the same way Void Elves can support the High Elf fantasy with specific options, I think Blood Elves should be able to support the Darkfallen customization. Funnily enough, I think Void Elf hair colors could work very well for that.



    But I honestly would not mind if instead of more character customization we were be able to customize the actual race, like it's own racials and voicelines and race tag and all that, it's the last bit that I think they need.

    Wildhammer Dwarves should also get such treatment, because they are in the same situation as High Elves as some sort of costume through character personalization.
    To me that's the dream TBH. If I had it my wait I'd made most AR's customization options for their core races, with a customization option being "Origin/Clan/Subgroup" where you can choose a background that gives you a set of racials, voicelines and race tag.

    That way AR's keep all their unique stuff in this revamped system, but you can also add "subgroup" sets for those that never became AR's, such as Wildhammer and High Elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I have to agree those Night Elves hairstyles on Void Elves looks really cool. One on my biggest issues with Void Elves (besides their terrible quality racial) is that they lack a lot of normal-ish/traditional hairstyles, with many focused on trying to look edgy/stylish. I think those Night Elven examples and Blood Elven hairstyles are more traditional/standard.
    I think the fun thing about NE hairstyles is that they manage to both look more traditional and also offer that more wild/edgy style that VE's prefer. I really feel NE hairstyles serve both the VE and HE fantasy. Now just add a secondary tendril option (like facial hair) and you have so much options to fulfill both fantasies.

    Whilst I want to see more for Void Elves I would also say it shouldn't neglect Blood Elves, so more hairstyles coming for Void should mean options for Blood (even if it's the same - they are the same race after all). I'll still repeatedly request for tribalistic tattoo's/war paints as I feel for Void/High Elves these seem really appropriate. I'm also wondering if the hand glow effect for Nightborne would be nice to see on Elves (Purple/Blue for Void and Red/Green for Blood).
    Indeed. The idea with this Core/Allied Race hair swap is to offer more options for everyone. Human/Kul Tiran, Orc/Maghar, Draenei/LFD, Zandalari/Troll, etc. I paired VE with NE to mirror the more obvious NB/BE swap, given they have grown so close culturally. Going to share those as links as well for comparison's sake.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrXLWXdW...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrXLYC_X...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrXLaY8W...jpg&name=large

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrSdND2X...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrSdN2fX...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrSdOzgW...jpg&name=large

    So while there's less cultural connection between NE/VE, aesthetically they are a very good match. (VE hair styles also do look very good on NE)

    But yes, by pairing these races, I feel we can keep a bit of that cultural influence within the factions that should be important. At the end of the day the main difference between BE and HE is cultural and political, so it's the other races on their faction what influences them the most. I think that different hairstyles allows to showcase that aesthetic difference in a neat manner.

    Of course, if VE and BE have to share something, it would be farstrider tattoos, as it's part of both their heritages. Just make some colors and designs exclusive to each other, but they both get to enjoy the iconic ranger look.

    Not been back to this thread for a while, amused to see it still going. Obviously more options is better and I can imagine Void/Blood Elves will get more down the line. Also going to hope they add a more traditional heritage armor for Void Elves that is more High Elven is nature (ranger-eske?)
    To a degree it feels unlikely that VE would ever get a more "traditionally" high elf inspired armor. But I think this would be a *perfect* opportunity to add a "Farstrider" cosmetic set. Now whether it's open to all races, or limited to VE and BE, doesn't matter much to me. But It would be nice if it came in a basic green color, with 2 faction exclusive ones -Purple/Gold and Blue/Silver for VE, and Red/Gold and Black/Silver for BE- So Void Elves, High Elves, Blood Elves and Forsaken Dark Rangers are represented.

  14. #26294
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,372
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you ...

    Alternate Vereesa Windrunner : the Banshee Queen :

    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  15. #26295
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you ...

    Alternate Vereesa Windrunner: the Banshee Queen
    The fact that her eyes are still red means Shadowlands and the Jailer didn't happen in this alternate universe, so Vereesa didn't commit genocide which makes her better than Sylvanas, even as a banshee queen.

  16. #26296
    The Lightbringer Ardenaso's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,074
    didn't she commit a pogrom in Dalaran though

    - - - Updated - - -



    WIP of Mr Ogre Man for Re-Reforged; probably Belo'vir Salonar
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

  17. #26297
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    didn't she commit a pogrom in Dalaran though
    She did. I guess it's a family thing, since all Windrunner sisters were happy to kill on sight some group. The worst thing about Vereesa is that she basicaly chose to kill her kin.

  18. #26298
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    So now that high elves are in Alliance, and Void Elves took all the "old school" Blood Elf tropes back to the Alliance, I'm curious what you all think about Blood Elves as a race right now. With the new customization options they're literally just Horde High Elves now, but I sort of wish they had more going on than that...
    They’ve always been just horde high elves. This is what TBC did to them.

    Blizzard wanted players to play high elves but on the horde so they would switch.

    So they mostly killed off the fel elf vibes, bad boy vibes, leaving just a remnant and made most of them high elf like.

    But. It was never the same. It never really felt like you were playing high elves when the horde. The vibe never meshed with trolls and orcs nor undead. Not after the WC2 and WC3 stories. Not to mention most elf lovers want to replicate the LOTR human, elf, dwarf trinity

  19. #26299
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    To be honest I think many races should be able to support more than one limited fantasy. In the same way Void Elves can support the High Elf fantasy with specific options, I think Blood Elves should be able to support the Darkfallen customization. Funnily enough, I think Void Elf hair colors could work very well for that.
    Yeh that would be good

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

    To me that's the dream TBH. If I had it my wait I'd made most AR's customization options for their core races, with a customization option being "Origin/Clan/Subgroup" where you can choose a background that gives you a set of racials, voicelines and race tag.

    That way AR's keep all their unique stuff in this revamped system, but you can also add "subgroup" sets for those that never became AR's, such as Wildhammer and High Elves.
    I’ve wanted something like this since they announced the high elf, wildhammer and Farakki customisations. It would enhance and promote the fantasy so much better with a minimal character creation organisation. Very little work for a much bigger gain.

    I’m a little hopeful it might happen, but sometimes I doubt their ability to see the desire or value in this, or to even see the need.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post


    I think the fun thing about NE hairstyles is that they manage to both look more traditional and also offer that more wild/edgy style that VE's prefer. I really feel NE hairstyles serve both the VE and HE fantasy. Now just add a secondary tendril option (like facial hair) and you have so much options to fulfill both fantasies.
    Now I see the images, I am in agreement here. They look very cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

    Indeed. The idea with this Core/Allied Race hair swap is to offer more options for everyone. Human/Kul Tiran, Orc/Maghar, Draenei/LFD, Zandalari/Troll, etc. I paired VE with NE to mirror the more obvious NB/BE swap, given they have grown so close culturally. Going to share those as links as well for comparison's sake.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrXLWXdW...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrXLYC_X...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrXLaY8W...jpg&name=large

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrSdND2X...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrSdN2fX...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrSdOzgW...jpg&name=large

    So while there's less cultural connection between NE/VE, aesthetically they are a very good match. (VE hair styles also do look very good on NE)

    But yes, by pairing these races, I feel we can keep a bit of that cultural influence within the factions that should be important. At the end of the day the main difference between BE and HE is cultural and political, so it's the other races on their faction what influences them the most. I think that different hairstyles allows to showcase that aesthetic difference in a neat manner.
    Agreed here too, it’s an important balance and an achievable one. But I would say void elves can and should share things with blood elves too, lest not forget some are high elves and former blood elves too much closer to their roots. The fantasy is there. The night elf and void elf connection is begging to explode into something really interesting because of how void elves can connect with highborne, moon priestesses post night warrior void power and with Druids who need help with the nightmare - this is to me a potentially far more interesting and stronger connection between the two and would be a perfect opportunity to introduce with the hairstyle share.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

    Of course, if VE and BE have to share something, it would be farstrider tattoos, as it's part of both their heritages. Just make some colors and designs exclusive to each other, but they both get to enjoy the iconic ranger look.



    To a degree it feels unlikely that VE would ever get a more "traditionally" high elf inspired armor. But I think this would be a *perfect* opportunity to add a "Farstrider" cosmetic set. Now whether it's open to all races, or limited to VE and BE, doesn't matter much to me. But It would be nice if it came in a basic green color, with 2 faction exclusive ones -Purple/Gold and Blue/Silver for VE, and Red/Gold and Black/Silver for BE- So Void Elves, High Elves, Blood Elves and Forsaken Dark Rangers are represented.
    Yeh. I do feel void elves should share clearly identifiable things with blood elves. They have the magic scholars and Farstriders in common. Afterall the void elf core are former blood elf mages and their leader is a Farstrider. With whom came a bunch of high elves too. Not to mention her sister is also.

    But let’s not forget the same should be for night elf and Nightborne. While Nightborne should share things with blood elves for sure sure, they should also with night elves whom they come from, the Highborne and priest connection can lend certain Nightborne things to night elves. Whereas Nightborne when they become Druids thanks to the Arcan’dor , Farodin and the Val’sharah refigees that moved in, can share some of the wilder options too under that fantasy.

    But if they had that clan/sub group definition thing in character creation it could help present defined fantasies for players each with their own look. Highborne, Wildling etc.

    Such a devise can be an enormous help and it helps players get into a fantasy and understand while a race has many options, it’s because there are many groups and/or nations within them that have clear defineable appearances you can play as that fantasy.

    It feels far less important when it’s just thrown In there as a jumble or a tag on the options
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-06-09 at 12:51 PM.

  20. #26300
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Agreed here too, it’s an important balance and an achievable one. But I would say void elves can and should share things with blood elves too, lest not forget some are high elves and former blood elves too much closer to their roots.
    Yes, but the point of this hair swap is to keep it within the faction not only for balance, but to show how even Thalassians who ostensibly look the same are affected by the culture and aesthetics of their own faction. I think it would suceed in giving races such as VE more options all around, while keeping a -culturally based- aesthetic difference.

    It really would just be far easier to swap BE/VE and NB/NE hairstyles otherwise.


    The fantasy is there. The night elf and void elf connection is begging to explode into something really interesting because of how void elves can connect with highborne, moon priestesses post night warrior void power and with Druids who need help with the nightmare - this is to me a potentially far more interesting and stronger connection between the two and would be a perfect opportunity to introduce with the hairstyle share.
    It is a shame we haven't seen much of a connection between VE and NE contrasted to NB and BE. There's just such an obvious overlap in their use of shadows and darkness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •