1. #26281
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But it is weird that what once a thread about alliance alligned thalassian elves has become this.
    It hasn't been an Alliance specific thread for about two years , because a handful of high elf posters literally spammed threads everywhere, until the whole thing had to be contained into a single thread.

    So in essence high elf posters couldn't behave themselves and had to be put into a corner, so now everything relating to high elves gets to be posted here and I can assure I personally will make sure we don't return to the damn dark ages of active high elf threads everywhere made by the same 7 people.

  2. #26282
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,883
    does anyone know who are supposed to be these people?



    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  3. #26283
    40000000000000000

  4. #26284
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The mod already said this thread now is about high elves in general
    You know what I mean. TBH this really feel like "Blood Elves are High Elves" rehashed at this point lmao.

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It hasn't been an Alliance specific thread for about two years , because a handful of high elf posters literally spammed threads everywhere, until the whole thing had to be contained into a single thread.

    So in essence high elf posters couldn't behave themselves and had to be put into a corner, so now everything relating to high elves gets to be posted here and I can assure I personally will make sure we don't return to the damn dark ages of active high elf threads everywhere made by the same 7 people.
    I mean there's already a Blood Elf thread. Like you can talk about "Horde High Elves" there I guess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, lol.




    So a void elf using a BE hairstyle. Current theory is that it's just the BE model with VE textures. Portent of more options for VE, or a dev just having fun?

    IMO they should just merge the models and lock customization options depending on whether you choose VE or BE lmao.

  5. #26285
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    You know what I mean. TBH this really feel like "Blood Elves are High Elves" rehashed at this point lmao.



    I mean there's already a Blood Elf thread. Like you can talk about "Horde High Elves" there I guess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, lol.




    So a void elf using a BE hairstyle. Current theory is that it's just the BE model with VE textures. Portent of more options for VE, or a dev just having fun?

    IMO they should just merge the models and lock customization options depending on whether you choose VE or BE lmao.
    the mod says to use this thread for high elves of the horde.

    can be a new hairstyle for void elves

  6. #26286
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    does anyone know who are supposed to be these people?

    [IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636361856931594240/1015734692290494525/Warcraft_III_04_09_2022_5_24_55_am.png[IMG]
    [IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636361856931594240/1015734692944822333/Warcraft_III_04_09_2022_5_25_06_am.png[IMG]
    [IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636361856931594240/1015734693641068615/Warcraft_III_04_09_2022_5_25_31_am.png[IMG]
    Just some named high elf mobs defending Quel'thalas during Arthas' invasion. No other backstory.

  7. #26287
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the mod says to use this thread for high elves of the horde.
    But what's the difference between a blood elf and a horde high elf? For real this is not a big deal, I just legitimately find it weird people want to talk about horde High Elves in here. In a "I don't get it" kinda way.



    can be a new hairstyle for void elves
    AFAIK it really is just them using the BE model with VE textures, yet it's still very interesting they are using the different models to represent the other race. There's also an apparently San'layn NPC that is using the VE model right now.

    I do hope that this does lead to the BE and VE model sharing more hairstyles, even if I can't quite see it as a legit hint and moreso just a curiosity for now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Just some named high elf mobs defending Quel'thalas during Arthas' invasion. No other backstory.
    Kinda wish they added NPC's from lore instead of randos

  8. #26288
    Can we just stop being deliberately obtuse regarding this topic.

    We all know this is primarily aimed at High Elves being a playable Alliance race. This is even more emphasised by the fact that we as Blood Elf fans, have a perfectly usable thread where we can talk all things, Blood Elf (Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon, the future of the Sin'dorei, the core branch of Magisters, Farstriders and the Blood Elf only-unit of Blood Knights.)

    I reckon we need a mod here, just to highlight the point that this is about the High Elves, the Quel'dorei - not Blood Elves, the Sin'dorei.

  9. #26289
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Can we just stop being deliberately obtuse regarding this topic.

    We all know this is primarily aimed at High Elves being a playable Alliance race. This is even more emphasised by the fact that we as Blood Elf fans, have a perfectly usable thread where we can talk all things, Blood Elf (Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon, the future of the Sin'dorei, the core branch of Magisters, Farstriders and the Blood Elf only-unit of Blood Knights.)

    I reckon we need a mod here, just to highlight the point that this is about the High Elves, the Quel'dorei - not Blood Elves, the Sin'dorei.
    The problem is there is no discernible difference between the two. They are the exact same people.

    It would be as if the USA decided to change the country's name to Freedomland. There would be no difference between Americans and Freedomlandiands.

    They are physically the same people and inhabit the same places.

  10. #26290
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The problem is there is no discernible difference between the two. They are the exact same people.

    It would be as if the USA decided to change the country's name to Freedomland. There would be no difference between Americans and Freedomlandiands.

    They are physically the same people and inhabit the same places.
    It would be more like Americans deciding they are not a British colony anymore and declaring independence, and as we can see in real life today, Americans and the British are pretty different.

    If in Lore High Elves and Blood Elves consider themselves different groups, tell you that they prefer to be addressed as X group, have cultural divergences and their allegiances lie with different factions, then they are different. You don't see Humans from other kingdoms refusing to be called humans. You don't see Orcs from X clan refusing to be called Orcs. Yet you have NPCs refusing to be called Blood Elves, or Blood Elves refusing to be called High Elves.
    Last edited by RenTheCat; 2022-09-13 at 08:04 PM.

  11. #26291
    Personally, until they give void elf an option to turn off the "purple proc" and some more natural hairstyles, I will consider blood elves with blue eyes as a more close to original "warcraft 2 high elves".

  12. #26292
    Quote Originally Posted by RenTheCat View Post
    It would be more like Americans deciding they are not a British colony anymore and declaring independence, and as we can see in real life today, Americans and the British are pretty different.

    If in Lore High Elves and Blood Elves consider themselves different groups, tell you that they prefer to be addressed as X group, have cultural divergences and their allegiances lie with different factions, then they are different. You don't see Humans from other kingdoms refusing to be called humans. You don't see Orcs from X clan refusing to be called Orcs. Yet you have NPCs refusing to be called Blood Elves, or Blood Elves refusing to be called High Elves.
    Is it just me, or the High elf NPCs, like this Taela Everstride, are way paler than Blood elves?

    It seems like High elf NPCs from, like, the Silver Covenant have exclusive pale skin colour options. Is it just my impression? It's something I've always noticed.

  13. #26293
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But what's the difference between a blood elf and a horde high elf? For real this is not a big deal, I just legitimately find it weird people want to talk about horde High Elves in here. In a "I don't get it" kinda way.





    AFAIK it really is just them using the BE model with VE textures, yet it's still very interesting they are using the different models to represent the other race. There's also an apparently San'layn NPC that is using the VE model right now.

    I do hope that this does lead to the BE and VE model sharing more hairstyles, even if I can't quite see it as a legit hint and moreso just a curiosity for now.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Kinda wish they added NPC's from lore instead of randos
    ely cannon art director of world of warcraft said that the high elves are a race and that they are playable as customization for the horde and the alliance. therefore if we see elves with blue eyes they are part of the high elves race.
    I proposed to create a different thread and a mod told me to use this thread

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Can we just stop being deliberately obtuse regarding this topic.

    We all know this is primarily aimed at High Elves being a playable Alliance race. This is even more emphasised by the fact that we as Blood Elf fans, have a perfectly usable thread where we can talk all things, Blood Elf (Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon, the future of the Sin'dorei, the core branch of Magisters, Farstriders and the Blood Elf only-unit of Blood Knights.)

    I reckon we need a mod here, just to highlight the point that this is about the High Elves, the Quel'dorei - not Blood Elves, the Sin'dorei.
    I use this thread for high elves who were said to be a playable race for horde and alliance as customization

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RenTheCat View Post
    It would be more like Americans deciding they are not a British colony anymore and declaring independence, and as we can see in real life today, Americans and the British are pretty different.

    If in Lore High Elves and Blood Elves consider themselves different groups, tell you that they prefer to be addressed as X group, have cultural divergences and their allegiances lie with different factions, then they are different. You don't see Humans from other kingdoms refusing to be called humans. You don't see Orcs from X clan refusing to be called Orcs. Yet you have NPCs refusing to be called Blood Elves, or Blood Elves refusing to be called High Elves.
    ely cannon art director clearly stated that high elves are a race and that they are playable as customizations for horde and alliance.

    there is nothing to discuss unless someone here is a developer

  14. #26294
    Quote Originally Posted by RenTheCat View Post
    It would be more like Americans deciding they are not a British colony anymore and declaring independence, and as we can see in real life today, Americans and the British are pretty different.

    If in Lore High Elves and Blood Elves consider themselves different groups, tell you that they prefer to be addressed as X group, have cultural divergences and their allegiances lie with different factions, then they are different. You don't see Humans from other kingdoms refusing to be called humans. You don't see Orcs from X clan refusing to be called Orcs. Yet you have NPCs refusing to be called Blood Elves, or Blood Elves refusing to be called High Elves.
    This is not entirely correct. You can't call a SW human a Kul Tiran, any more than you can’t call an orc from Durotar a Maghar orc. There are minor differences in appearance, culture and language.

  15. #26295
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    This is not entirely correct. You can't call a SW human a Kul Tiran, any more than you can’t call an orc from Durotar a Maghar orc. There are minor differences in appearance, culture and language.
    There are no minor differences in appearance and language between Stormwind Humans and Kul Tirans, what is the difference between Jaina and Anduin? And their culture is extremely similar to Gilneans due to Kul Tiras being a Gilnean colony. All of those groups are still different despite next to no differences, they just established their nationality, were pretty loud about how they wished to be addressed and that was the end of the story.

    High Elves and Blood Elves are pretty loud about how they wish to be addressed to. There are NPCs, there are quests, there are novels, etc.

    If them telling you how they prefer to be addressed is not enough and the requirement for being a different group is "different appearance, language and culture", well, remember High Elves had blue eyes, Green elves had green eyes (and plenty of them still do), High Elves still speak Thalassian while due to Horde influence Blood Elves had to learn other languages, it would be impossible for them to interact with the Horde otherwise. And i'm pretty sure being part of the savage Horde vs civilized Alliance leads to big cultural differences, Blood Elves have been obsessed with the color red since Frozen Throne, had a history of interactions with fel + killing of magical creatures to survive, tortured and drained a Naaru to be able to become Paladins, participated in events like the Bombing of Theramore, tried to betray their faction during Mist of Pandaria, stood by the Horde as their warchief tried to enslave the Valkyr, stood by the Horde while their warchief genocided the Night Elves, etc. while High Elves stayed in the alliance or were in other parts of the world like in Outland, refused to use fel, participated in the Purge of Dalaran, etc.

    There are differences in appearance, culture and language, and funny enough after all those events, their differences are bigger than Night Elves and Nightborne, specially when you can make Night Elves that look more Nightborne than their actual current model allows them to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    ely cannon art director clearly stated that high elves are a race and that they are playable as customizations for horde and alliance.

    there is nothing to discuss unless someone here is a developer
    What Blizzard employees have to say on their twitter accounts is not part of the lore. Specially considering their history of saying stupid stuff like "If you want pale blonde elves the Horde is waiting for you" and then since they kept losing players they just gave Void Elves options to look identical to the High Elves Ion was so adamant against letting people play in the Alliance.

    There is a discussion to be had, the discussion just doesn't have to include any fallacy of appealing to someone's authority. Instead our discussion should include scenarios in game in which a High Elf and Blood Elf outright tell the player "yup we're the same there's no difference between us" which is not a thing that ever happened in the game and even members of other races, like Varian, Jaina, Rhonin, etc referred to them as different groups.

    Legion even had this entire cutscene in which Elisande considers High Elves and Blood Elves different groups.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4M1q-a38E

  16. #26296
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by RenTheCat View Post
    It would be more like Americans deciding they are not a British colony anymore and declaring independence, and as we can see in real life today, Americans and the British are pretty different.

    or people in Taiwan veering towards Taiwan independence and not wanting to have anything to do with the Republic of China nor People's Republic of China, nor even the Chinese label; just Taiwanese
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  17. #26297
    Quote Originally Posted by RenTheCat View Post
    There are no minor differences in appearance and language between Stormwind Humans and Kul Tirans, what is the difference between Jaina and Anduin? And their culture is extremely similar to Gilneans due to Kul Tiras being a Gilnean colony. All of those groups are still different despite next to no differences, they just established their nationality, were pretty loud about how they wished to be addressed and that was the end of the story.

    High Elves and Blood Elves are pretty loud about how they wish to be addressed to. There are NPCs, there are quests, there are novels, etc.

    If them telling you how they prefer to be addressed is not enough and the requirement for being a different group is "different appearance, language and culture", well, remember High Elves had blue eyes, Green elves had green eyes (and plenty of them still do), High Elves still speak Thalassian while due to Horde influence Blood Elves had to learn other languages, it would be impossible for them to interact with the Horde otherwise. And i'm pretty sure being part of the savage Horde vs civilized Alliance leads to big cultural differences, Blood Elves have been obsessed with the color red since Frozen Throne, had a history of interactions with fel + killing of magical creatures to survive, tortured and drained a Naaru to be able to become Paladins, participated in events like the Bombing of Theramore, tried to betray their faction during Mist of Pandaria, stood by the Horde as their warchief tried to enslave the Valkyr, stood by the Horde while their warchief genocided the Night Elves, etc. while High Elves stayed in the alliance or were in other parts of the world like in Outland, refused to use fel, participated in the Purge of Dalaran, etc.

    There are differences in appearance, culture and language, and funny enough after all those events, their differences are bigger than Night Elves and Nightborne, specially when you can make Night Elves that look more Nightborne than their actual current model allows them to.



    What Blizzard employees have to say on their twitter accounts is not part of the lore. Specially considering their history of saying stupid stuff like "If you want pale blonde elves the Horde is waiting for you" and then since they kept losing players they just gave Void Elves options to look identical to the High Elves Ion was so adamant against letting people play in the Alliance.

    There is a discussion to be had, the discussion just doesn't have to include any fallacy of appealing to someone's authority. Instead our discussion should include scenarios in game in which a High Elf and Blood Elf outright tell the player "yup we're the same there's no difference between us" which is not a thing that ever happened in the game and even members of other races, like Varian, Jaina, Rhonin, etc referred to them as different groups.

    Legion even had this entire cutscene in which Elisande considers High Elves and Blood Elves different groups.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4M1q-a38E
    high elves and blood elves are different races.

    high elves in horda and alliance


  18. #26298
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    ely cannon art director of world of warcraft said that the high elves are a race and that they are playable as customization for the horde and the alliance. therefore if we see elves with blue eyes they are part of the high elves race.
    I proposed to create a different thread and a mod told me to use this thread


    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    high elves and blood elves are different races.

    high elves in horda and alliance
    https://i.imgur.com/PDuf73z.jpg
    https://www.wow-freakz.com/img/scree...ead_459018.jpg
    Honestly it's kinda wild that we went from the "High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race" as a way to deny the possibility of HE's on the alliance to yo saying "They are different races" now

    Biologically they are the same, and I thought that by now we all agreed to that. I thought it was clear that while biologically we call them "High Elves", when we make the distinction between BE and HE it's about their politics, not biology. I can't believe that we have to say this in 2022 but not because an elf has blue eyes is a high elf.

    If a blue eyed thalassian elf is on the Horde, it's a Blood Elf when it comes to making the distinction IN UNIVERSE, because we use the terms BE and HE to differentiate the two groups based on ideology and affiliation.

    I simply cannot understand why you can't talk about your blue eyed Blood Elf on the Blood Elf thread, when this thread is obviously catered to the alliance affiliated idea of a High Elf.

  19. #26299
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly it's kinda wild that we went from the "High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race" as a way to deny the possibility of HE's on the alliance to yo saying "They are different races" now

    Biologically they are the same, and I thought that by now we all agreed to that. I thought it was clear that while biologically we call them "High Elves", when we make the distinction between BE and HE it's about their politics, not biology. I can't believe that we have to say this in 2022 but not because an elf has blue eyes is a high elf.

    If a blue eyed thalassian elf is on the Horde, it's a Blood Elf when it comes to making the distinction IN UNIVERSE, because we use the terms BE and HE to differentiate the two groups based on ideology and affiliation.

    I simply cannot understand why you can't talk about your blue eyed Blood Elf on the Blood Elf thread, when this thread is obviously catered to the alliance affiliated idea of a High Elf.
    because a major developer like the world of warcraft art director said in an interview on wowhead that high elves are a race and that race is different from blood elves and void elves but now they are playable as blood elves and void elves customization .
    if you see a thalassian elf with blue eyes that's a high elf.
    I post in this thread because a mod told me to.

  20. #26300
    Meanwhile, you try to say Void Elves are High Elves anywhere else and you have Blood Elf players flocking to screech that they're not real high elves.

    Alliance Thalassian players apparently cannot have public or semi-public spaces dedicated to themselves and discussion catered to them unless it is exclusively void, and even then, it usually results in Blood Elves showing up to throw a temper-tantrum that they exist in the first place and stole from them, leading to a lack of discussion at all or people getting grated and fed up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •