Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It's simply impossible to get to conclusions at this point. We have no further info on any of this Tanaria. It all falls under speculation.
    We got to have to wait for TWW and any changes going behind the scenes going to into Midnight. We will have more context to discuss.
    I mean, If it's the case eventually we all will and accept/ face the truth, but so far we have one line of info, which doesn't cover this specific topic.

Personally I rather not jump to anything yet, unless it's confirmed.
    I get that, but we can't simply disregard the fact that BOTH Bel'ameth and Gilneas are Horde friendly.
    For me, it would be foolish to think that some Horde places are not going to get the same as them...especially Bel'ameth, being an Elf location.

The only one where I don't think the status quo will change is Suramar. I still think Horde can boast having a magical elf city with Suramar (by lore standards), whilst Alliance shares Silvermoon...unless Eldre'Thalas is restored in Midnight and the Shen'dralar Highborne are counted as "scattered tribes" considering all Thalassians come from the Highborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I think we have to face facts and accept that it's highly likely that Silvermoon will be going neutral in Midnight. I don't really like it, but at the same of it being neutral...it also means that it won't ever just be for the Alliance.

We also have to factor in a lot of Blood Elf stuff and what will happen on their side. I think people like Elbleuet secretly hope the Blood Elves are forgotten in Midnight and it's just a Void Elf/High Elf focus; but that won't happen. Scattered Elven Tribes doesn't just means those of the Alliance and anyone who thinks that is an idiot. We have the Scryers, Illidari, Dalaran Sunreavers, the Darkfallen (The Horde Darkfallen are more important and integral to the Undead narrative)...and the Illidari is something that the Alliance Thalassians don't have.
    So, enough with the "It won't be shared." It's highly like that it will.
    Also, enough with the mere thoughts that Blood Elves will be ignored. That will not happen...Midnight is going to be a centre stage for the Sin'dorei.
    What facts? I don't see a single fact.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get that, but we can't simply disregard the fact that BOTH Bel'ameth and Gilneas are Horde friendly.
    For me, it would be foolish to think that some Horde places are not going to get the same as them...especially Bel'ameth, being an Elf location.

The only one where I don't think the status quo will change is Suramar. I still think Horde can boast having a magical elf city with Suramar (by lore standards), whilst Alliance shares Silvermoon...unless Eldre'Thalas is restored in Midnight and the Shen'dralar Highborne are counted as "scattered tribes" considering all Thalassians come from the Highborne.
    That could be so, but as of those examples it still follows the pattern of past horde/alliance together moments, which is simply pack up and leave when the story is over. Both cities don't offer anything for horde to be there, you can visit there, but it's better if you just leave kind of thing. Right now we are in this friendly kind of phase in wow, this could also change in the future as well.

Unless Suramar becomes relevant again, we have no idea what they would do to that.
    Suramar was a huge project and fixing it to it's todays standards lorewise, fixing npcs, adding npcs etc etc will simply be not worth the time unless it's relevant for a new expansion I think.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-05 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    What facts? I don't see a single fact.
    The fact that Bel'ameth is Horde friendly.

Forget Gilneas for a second, Bel'ameth being neutral puts Silvermoon in a position where the Midnight signs can lead to that also being neutral.

Forget Gilneas for a second, Bel'ameth being neutral puts Silvermoon in a position where the Midnight signs can lead to that also being neutral.
    How is Bel'ameth neutral exactly? Can we talk to vendors? Can we put or Hearthstone there? Can we use the portals or ship to enter Stormwind? Do the night elf leaders talk to us? No? Night elves don't leave the alliance either just because Tyrande allows TEMPORARILY the Horde PC th use it for some time til the expansion is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    If they didn't make them change sides in MoP they won't do it now. No need to feed the delusions on here. I swear this comes up every year at least once.
    Not in any way what I suggested.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

That nelf settlement is not a faction city. It never was. It might be in the future. Taking a Horde city and turning it neutral is farfetched. Especially considering the Horde are owed at least a version of that nelf town, if not an equivalent for Gilneas. So you are telling me that based on that they are gonna take a Horde faction city and just make it neutral? Come on. Why would they do this?

Midnight says the Sunwell is being attacked. Not Silvermoon. The Sunwell island is and always was neutral. How people jumped from that to Silvermoon becoming neutral, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Not in any way what I suggested.
    Even neutrality wouldn't make sense. Every time void end high elves met with blood elves and their allies in the open they got killed by Vereesa and Umbric. And if Lor'themar would finally stop having dementia there should be a frkn response to all the massacres they participated in to impress Stormwind and Jaina.

That nelf settlement is not a faction city. It never was. It might be in the future. Taking a Horde city and turning it neutral is farfetched. Especially considering the Horde are owed at least a version of that nelf town, if not an equivalent for Gilneas. So you are telling me that based on that they are gonna take a Horde faction city and just make it neutral? Come on. Why would they do this?

Midnight says the Sunwell is being attacked. Not Silvermoon. The Sunwell island is and always was neutral. How people jumped from that to Silvermoon becoming neutral, I don't know.
    We have explained multiple times how we came to the conclusion that Silvermoon will likely be available to both factions, be it as a hub or as a questing zone like Suramar. It's not set in stone, but likelihood of the possibility is well-assessed.

As for the Void only being active in Quel'Danas, why the hell would it be limited there? Void is the major enemy of the Worldsoul Saga and Midnight is the part where it actively starts to invade Azeroth. Why wouldn't it invade the rest of the expansion area too? Or what, are we to just dick around with kobolds in Eversong, Ghostlands and Zul'Aman? Certainly the zones will feature multiple story themes, but to think Void would leave Silvermoon alone is just childish. Legion was all around Broken isles, Primalists were all around Dragon Isles, Iron Horde was all around Draenor etc.

Even neutrality wouldn't make sense. Every time void end high elves met with blood elves and their allies in the open they got killed by Vereesa and Umbric. And if Lor'themar would finally stop having dementia there should be a frkn response to all the massacres they participated in to impress Stormwind and Jaina.
    Things have calmed down considerably since BFA and now the most fearsome cosmic force is invading Quel'Thalas. Temporary coalition between all elves totally makes sense.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account

We absolutely don't care if Bel'Ameth is a faction city or not.

You and the Horde comitted GENOCIDE (if only it was the first from your part) on the Night elves.

So you shouldn't even be allowed here from the first place. After Gilneas, Theramore and Southshore destroyed by the Horde in various expansion, it's a terrible choice from a storytelling point of view to see Horde always hanging out in Alliance cities.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

I don't think the Alliance playerbase sees it that way.

Believe me, I'd love for Silvermoon to remain in the hands of the Sin'dorei; they are my favourite race in the game, but I can't feign ignorance to what is going on, outside of Midnight's hints and it's confirmation of uniting the Elven tribes.

We have explained multiple times how we came to the conclusion that Silvermoon will likely be available to both factions, be it as a hub or as a questing zone like Suramar. It's not set in stone, but likelihood of the possibility is well-assessed.

As for the Void only being active in Quel'Danas, why the hell would it be limited there? Void is the major enemy of the Worldsoul Saga and Midnight is the part where it actively starts to invade Azeroth. Why wouldn't it invade the rest of the expansion area too? Or what, are we to just dick around with kobolds in Eversong, Ghostlands and Zul'Aman? Certainly the zones will feature multiple story themes, but to think Void would leave Silvermoon alone is just childish. Legion was all around Broken isles, Primalists were all around Dragon Isles, Iron Horde was all around Draenor etc.

Things have calmed down considerably since BFA and now the most fearsome cosmic force is invading Quel'Thalas. Temporary coalition between all elves totally makes sense.
    And your explenations fall short outside the realm of wishful thinking. And I'll prove it to you. See this is not the first time some cosmic power invades Azeroth. But because belfs are involved this time, it's time to change the rules. Let's take a Horde city and turn it neutral. That makes sense in your fantasies only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    We absolutely don't care if Bel'Ameth is a faction city or not.

You and the Horde comitted GENOCIDE (if only it was the first from your part) on the Night elves.

So you shouldn't even be allowed here from the first place. After Gilneas, Theramore and Southshore destroyed by the Horde in various expansion, it's a terrible choice from a storytelling point of view to see Horde always hanging out in Alliance cities.
    Who is we? You honestly think you are speaking for others? No, you aren't. But I agree, Horde had no business being in that settlement, just like you have no business being in Silvermoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe me, I'd love for Silvermoon to remain in the hands of the Sin'dorei; they are my favourite race in the game, but I can't feign ignorance to what is going on, outside of Midnight's hints and it's confirmation of uniting the Elven tribes.
    Someone might wanna ask the Horde players how they see it once in a while. And calling dumb fantasies what they are isn't being ignorant. These people are letting some fantasy they have create a series of events that have no basis in reality.

Lorthemar, Liadrin, Halduron, Aethas never killed alliance elves in the same margin as Umbric and the silver covenant. It's not their move to make amendends here.

- - - Updated - - -

Entitlement should not drive the plot. Blizzard should not give in to a vocal minority.

Someone might wanna ask the Horde players how they see it once in a while. And calling dumb fantasies what they are isn't being ignorant. These people are letting some fantasy they have create a series of events that have no basis in reality.
    So where do you sit on the whole "uniting the Elven Tribes" front? That is confirmed.

And your explenations fall short outside the realm of wishful thinking. And I'll prove it to you. See this is not the first time some cosmic power invades Azeroth. But because belfs are involved this time, it's time to change the rules. Let's take a Horde city and turn it neutral. That makes sense in your fantasies only.
    How is that a counterargument? What rules? There's a first time for everything, for example, this is the first time a new expansion area consists of zones that already exist in the game. Silvermoon is the only considerable urban setting in those zones. Then major cities have been taken out of the equation before, like Darnassus and Undercity. There is absolutely no obstacle to turning Silvermoon into a neutral hub or a Suramar-like questing area.

And again, like Darnassus and Undercity, the TBC zones will remain in the game, accessible by Zidormi. Therefore Midnight's take on Silvermoon is an additional city added to the game. Making it neutral only annoys hardliners like you from a lore perspective. General blood elf fans like me are happy to have a blood elf centric story experience, even if Alliance gets in on it too.

Lorthemar, Liadrin, Halduron, Aethas never killed alliance elves in the same margin as Umbric and the silver covenant. It's not their move to make amendends here.

Entitlement should not drive the plot. Blizzard should not give in to a vocal minority.
    Whatever bad blood is left is likely to be sidelined before an existential threat. Rommath may oppose an elven coalition, but Bob is likely to be in favor of it, being a diplomat and responsible for the survival of his people. Seriously, the Void is a big deal.

But was where Dalaran?

That we have the Nightborne and Forsaken for who are basically in our backyard. And the rest of the Horde if we get enough time to gather.

10+ Year Old Account

And again, like Darnassus and Undercity, the TBC zones will remain in the game, accessible by Zidormi. Therefore Midnight's take on Silvermoon is an additional city added to the game. Making it neutral only annoys hardliners like you from a lore perspective. General blood elf fans like me are happy to have a blood elf centric story experience, even if Alliance gets in on it too.

Thank you. Of course if Silvermoon is updated it will be a blood elf centric experience. Of course the blood elves will always be the main race of QT. Nobody denies it and nobody want them removed from the storyline. Quel'Thalas without the blood elves would feel empty and out of place.

They're just mad about experiencing for the first time what the Alliance is doing from the beginning : sharing capital cities and storylines.

High and void elves will return to Quel'Thalas as they have every right to do so and that's a really good thing for the storyline.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    High and void elves will return to Quel'Thalas as they have every right to do so
    You almost said something correct, until you put that part in.
    Also High elves are aleady in Quel'thalas, so that just leave you with void elves.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-05 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Not in Midnight anymore. The expansion is set entirely in Quel'Thalas and features elven reunification. Alliance needs capital for it, so it is only natural that the Alliance High elves rebuild the ruined half of Silvermoon.

Horde will still he their eastern half of the city.
    Because putting a horde & alliance base right next to each other worked so well for Theramore?

This *might* be the route they take. But Void Elves are still banned from the Sunwell due to the danger they pose, but that may be recinded to just the island instead of all of Silvermoon. So I think it's just as likely the Alliance hub for Midnight could just as easily be a Night Elf ruin that comprise the nearby region. That's why I don't think the zones are going to be enlarged, instead the expansion will be focusing on the island region that exists between Silvermoon & Suramar.
    So where do you sit on the whole "uniting the Elven Tribes" front? That is confirmed.
    Well, we know the faction shiz isn't just going way. That means the elves will be working toward a common goal, as in, temporarily united for that expansion, like most expansions. Night elves don't want anything to do with Quel'thalas either.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2024-04-05 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Well, we know the faction shiz isn't just going way. That means the elves will be working toward a common goal, as in, temporarily united for that expansion, like most expansions. Night elves don't want anything to do with Quel'thalas either.
    I'm not sure the Alliance fanbase will just accept the Void Elves and High Elves coming to save Quel'Thalas and then just saying "TTFN Lor'themar, enjoy Quel'Thalas. We're off back to Stormwind/Dalaran."