1. #26941
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    There may be different factions of those who call themselves high elves.
    Remember that there are nightborne that are still using the title highborne
    Yeah absolutely.

    Where are they ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  2. #26942
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,493
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Actually I never denied the fact they weren't from the same race.

    High elves and blood elves are part of the same race.

    But saying that the High elves (or Queldorei) are on both sides is factually wrong. That's an Alliance group of elves. Otherwise we can also consider that blood elves are part of the Alliance too (that was already the case on Telogrus Rift but anyways).
    No, The high elves or Quel'dorei is nothing more, but the name of the race. You have high elves who didn't rename themselves, yes so they kept calling themselves high elves. The rest that name changed simply didn't do that. The political difference is simply a difference within their race. You are speaking of factions only.

    The high elves excists as a playable RP option on both sides. Outside their difference, there is no physicall difference that blocks it from playing them anymore. Blue eyes make sense on the horde as well as explained multiple times.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    There may be different factions of those who call themselves high elves.
    Remember that there are nightborne that are still using the title highborne
    Exactly, factions.

    You mean the bfa ones in Zuldazar? Ye they are just nightborne models, using highborne title I never understood that.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-18 at 04:54 PM.

  3. #26943
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No, The high elves or Quel'dorei is nothing more, but the name of the race. You have high elves who didn't rename themselves, yes so they kept calling themselves high elves. The rest that name changed simply didn't do that. The political difference is simply a difference within their race. You are speaking of factions only.

    The high elves excists as a playable RP option on both sides. Outside their difference, there is no physicall difference that blocks it from playing. Blue eyes make sense as well on the horde as well as explained multiple times.
    It's not If it was the name of the race you would have Queldorei named Npcs in the Horde but you don't have any of them. The Alliance does

    Night elves, blood elves, High elves, void elves, shaldorei are all part of the same race. A race divided in different groups of elves.

    High elf is the name of the group.

    Blood elves corrupted themselves then welcomed redemption. High elves as a group stayed with the Alliance and or went neutral but never tasted any form of corruption. That's why a blue-eyed blood elf will remain a blood elf because a sin'dorei is not a queldorei.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  4. #26944
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No, The high elves or Quel'dorei is nothing more, but the name of the race. You have high elves who didn't rename themselves, yes so they kept calling themselves high elves. The rest that name changed simply didn't do that. The political difference is simply a difference within their race. You are speaking of factions only.

    The high elves excists as a playable RP option on both sides. Outside their difference, there is no physicall difference that blocks it from playing them anymore. Blue eyes make sense on the horde as well as explained multiple times.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly, factions.

    You mean the bfa ones in Zuldazar? Ye they are just nightborne models, using highborne title I never understood that.
    they might have been highborne before nightwell changed them and they decided to keep the name.

  5. #26945
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No, The high elves or Quel'dorei is nothing more, but the name of the race. You have high elves who didn't rename themselves, yes so they kept calling themselves high elves. The rest that name changed simply didn't do that. The political difference is simply a difference within their race. You are speaking of factions only.

    The high elves excists as a playable RP option on both sides. Outside their difference, there is no physicall difference that blocks it from playing them anymore. Blue eyes make sense on the horde as well as explained multiple times.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly, factions.

    You mean the bfa ones in Zuldazar? Ye they are just nightborne models, using highborne title I never understood that.
    To be fair the novels make it clear that High Elf in modern Azeroth is more of a political distinction than a racial one. Lor'themar kicked them out back in the day, and I guess he's changed his mind about it post Sunwell? I'm not sure about that part. But there really isn't a racial distinction between high and blood elves since the fel sucking is a thing of the past.

    That being said, I think RPing a high elf as living in Silvermoon currently is a little eh but you can RP whatever you like.

  6. #26946
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Yeah absolutely.

    Where are they ?
    Like captain thalothas and his thalodan privateers that are friends with the horde and enemies of the alliance.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2024-04-18 at 05:11 PM.

  7. #26947
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Like captain thalothas and his thalodan privateers that without friends with the horde and enemies of the alliance.
    I feel like it's been over 10 years since you kept mentionning this little guy as your last resort argument

    There are goblins in the Alliance so it's an Alliance race ?

    There are friendly blood elves to the Alliance in Telogrus Rift. So you're telling me blood elves is an Alliance race ? Awesome !

    Be serious and try bringing serious arguments on the table.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cap...thas_Brightsun

    And btw, he's friendly to the Alliance and was never Horde from the beginning.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  8. #26948
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I feel like it's been over 10 years since you kept mentionning this little guy as your last resort argument

    There are goblins in the Alliance so it's an Alliance race ?

    There are friendly blood elves to the Alliance in Telogrus Rift. So you're telling me blood elves is an Alliance race ? Awesome !

    Be serious and try bringing serious arguments on the table.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cap...thas_Brightsun

    And btw, he's friendly to the Alliance and was never Horde from the beginning.
    I completely agree with green eyes as void elf customization, I said it many times.

    and yes they are a high elf faction that gives quest to kill alliance and gives rep with the horde
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/A_C...%27s_Vengeance

  9. #26949
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I completely agree with green eyes as void elf customization, I said it many times.

    and yes they are a high elf faction that gives quest to kill alliance and gives rep with the horde
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/A_C...%27s_Vengeance
    That's not a High elf faction. And this guy remain friendly to the Alliance.

    And there will always be trators in every factions.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  10. #26950
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    That's not a High elf faction. And this guy remain friendly to the Alliance.

    And there will always be trators in every factions.
    he gives horde rep.
    He asks us to kill alliances and rescue one of his sailors, a high elf in classic

  11. #26951
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    he gives horde rep.
    He asks us to kill alliances and rescue one of his sailors, a high elf in classic
    Yeah and some Taurens in Cataclysm ask the Alliance to kill Horde npcs and give Alliance some rep too.

    Your point ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  12. #26952
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,493
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    It's not If it was the name of the race you would have Queldorei named Npcs in the Horde but you don't have any of them. The Alliance does

    Night elves, blood elves, High elves, void elves, shaldorei are all part of the same race. A race divided in different groups of elves.

    High elf is the name of the group.

    Blood elves corrupted themselves then welcomed redemption. High elves as a group stayed with the Alliance and or went neutral but never tasted any form of corruption. That's why a blue-eyed blood elf will remain a blood elf because a sin'dorei is not a queldorei.
    High elf is the name of the race.

    You have high elf who renamed themselves called blood elves and you have high elves who didnt and kept the name.

    No, again, you try to make the word 'elf' the name of all elven races, thats just not how it works. The race is high elf, or
    thalassian elf, who excists out of different groups/factions.
    The high elves of the silver covenant is a example of a group that kept calling themselves high elves. Blood elves is an example who didnt kept the name, but they kept being the same race.
    Void elves have had some more drastical change with the void and are considered their own, altho they still look almost identical.

    The other two are simply two seperate races of elves, just as how high elf is not the same race as nightborne or kaldorei.

    * Nightborne is the name of the race, they are their own thing, they are physically and culturally different from the night elves..
    * Kaldorei or night elf is the name of the race.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-18 at 06:08 PM.

  13. #26953
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Yeah and some Taurens in Cataclysm ask the Alliance to kill Horde npcs and give Alliance some rep too.

    Your point ?
    They are a high elf faction not affiliated with the alliance.

  14. #26954
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    They are a high elf faction not affiliated with the alliance.
    Of course there are. And that's the case for every Horde and Alliance race too.

    There are a lot of blood elves not affiliated with the Horde too. It has been working this way since WII.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  15. #26955
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,493
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLion View Post
    To be fair the novels make it clear that High Elf in modern Azeroth is more of a political distinction than a racial one. Lor'themar kicked them out back in the day, and I guess he's changed his mind about it post Sunwell? I'm not sure about that part. But there really isn't a racial distinction between high and blood elves since the fel sucking is a thing of the past.

    That being said, I think RPing a high elf as living in Silvermoon currently is a little eh but you can RP whatever you like.
    Well, this is what I have been saying before, yes this is true.

    Blood elves are high elves and like you said that fel bit has been solved in the exact expansion when it was introduced. The fel radiation is slowly vanishing for blood elves as well basically returning some to their pre green eye era. It has always been just a political difference only. Therefor the name change (blood elf) doesnt mean the race itself left Silvermoon. Simply rebranded.

    Its perfectly fine to rp as a high elf, the blue eyes are there and with what we know, you can simply call yourself a high elf and that counts as of how its the RP option works now for both factions. Its just what it is really.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-18 at 06:05 PM.

  16. #26956
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Well, this is what I have been saying before, yes this is true.

    Blood elves are high elves and like you said that fel bit has been solved in the exact expansion when it was introduced. The fel radiation is slowly vanishing for blood elves as well basically returning some to their pre green eye era. It has always been just a political difference only. Therefor the name change (blood elf) doesnt mean the race itself left Silvermoon. Simply rebranded.

    Its perfectly fine to rp as a high elf, the blue eyes are there and with what we know, you can simply call yourself a high elf and that counts as of how its the RP option works now for both factions. Its just what it is really.
    It's not that the option isn't there, it's more that I'm not sure Lor'themar allowed the High Elves back in. He kicked them out for a reason. I could be missing some lore though but as far as I know, being a High Elf in Silvermoon would be asking to get arrested by the guards.

    Of course this only matters if your RP is lore-abiding, which plenty of people arent/don't care. Hence why it's more my personal opinion about it being kinda eh.

  17. #26957
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    * Nightborne is the name of the race, they are their own thing, they are physically and culturally different from the night elves..
    * Kaldorei or night elf is the name of the race.
    So Kul'Tirans are a separate race from Stormwind humans because in game you see a different model ?

    High elves and Night elves for example are the same race but not the same group.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  18. #26958
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,493
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Of course there are. And that's the case for every Horde and Alliance race too.

    There are a lot of blood elves not affiliated with the Horde too. It has been working this way since WII.
    So the conclusion is and always has been here, is that they are on both sides. Which has been the point you are also trying to ignore.

  19. #26959
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLion View Post
    It's not that the option isn't there, it's more that I'm not sure Lor'themar allowed the High Elves back in. He kicked them out for a reason. I could be missing some lore though but as far as I know, being a High Elf in Silvermoon would be asking to get arrested by the guards.

    Of course this only matters if your RP is lore-abiding, which plenty of people arent/don't care. Hence why it's more my personal opinion about it being kinda eh.
    I agree 100%.

    In the end, you can rp whatever you like anyways.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    So the conclusion is and always has been here, is that they are on both sides. Which has been the point you are also trying to ignore.
    Yes and the Alliance also have blood elves, goblins, and GrimTotem taurens since we established an Alliance with them in the barrens.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  20. #26960
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,493
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

    High elves and Night elves for example are the same race but not the same group.
    No,wrong.

    These two are two seprate elven races. They are not the same race.
    High elves used to be night elves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Actually I never denied the fact they weren't from the same race.

    High elves and blood elves are part of the same race.
    This only counts for blood elves and high elves to be correct.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-18 at 06:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •