Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    You need to let this go with dignity and not scrabble around the forums grasping at a single word and thinking that's the key.
    Interesting response Obelisk. I don't go around pleading with people to like my ideas, or desperately asking them for affirmation. I've not gone around flaming or complaining after yesterday's Q&A. Immediately, I asked the High Elf people not to flame folks like you, more than once.

You don't like me posting about this, which you've made clear. I even congratulated you yesterday. Please don't accuse me of being undignified in a personal attack. It's a made up game about made up races. I'm just continuing to have fun making stuff up. Games are for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    These people need a psychiatrist so bad it's depressing.
    They've pretty much dumped all pretenses of civility on their Discord. They're cheerily discussing things like wishing suicide on Ion, getting him fired, and gangrape.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Again, Void Elves can be made. Which would mean HE + BE pops in theory can = VE population. Ignoring that point does not make you right.
    i got more the feeling that this transformation ritual was a one of thing. be cause the HERO and Alleria stopped it mid process so the renegade belves didn't become mindless Thralls to the void. so not something that should be repeated. I.E. finite about of velves so the numbers counter argument still holds. as for them being to similar. then make them different or go with the Half elf angle. you can even throw in the Mok'Nathal for the horde so they can all be rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlepenguin View Post
    They've pretty much dumped all pretenses of civility on their Discord. They're cheerily discussing things like wishing suicide on Ion, getting him fired, and gangrape.

They’re so rabid over not getting white people elves on their side. Sad!

Void Elves are around for the duration, and you need to get used to it. If you want to play a High Elf, you can come to the Horde as Blizzard has suggested.
    Since November, I'm not even asking for anything but void elf improvements. About high elves, I'm mostly showing what could have been instead, not what I expect them to do. My participation in high elf threads has been mostly for support and lore tidbits.

I've been one of the most active voices in void elf threads in the official forums, and not in a derisive way. But void elf threads are very few and short-lived, as almost no one cares about them.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-04-27 at 06:12 PM.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough.

I've read the last few pages and all I see is the same pattern repeating itself.

Now that grief has subsided, we return to denial, where we have been for seven months.

Traycor fixating on the word 'majestic' as if he can solve that and prove to Blizzard it can be done.

DeicideUH still unable to accept the failure of his 'movement' and that his snowball has melted, still trying to justify that it could happen.

And others trotting out the usual old rubbish already about Ion, or how he is biased, or how 'they said no to classic servers'!

This is exactly what happened after Blizzcon when Void Elves were revealed.

You lost.

It can't be put more bluntly than that.

You. Lost.

Alliance High Elves are not going to be a thing. They are never going to be a thing. They told us flat out to our faces why they are never going to be a thing.

You may dispute their reasoning. You may shout about how it's wrong. But this debate is over. It ended the moment they revealed Void Elves.

And after seven months of arguing, and posting and spamming you got them to restate that.

No amount of rhetoric or word play or debates over the lore is going to change that fact. You aren't going to school Blizzard on the story of Warcraft. You aren't going to convince them they've missed something, or that something you've seen in game proves that High Elves can be a thing, or that your special esoteric understanding of High Elves shows it can be done.

It's not going to be done because Blizzard doesn't want to do it. They've told us that multiple times now.

You don't get to continue on as you have for the past seven months and think nothing has changed. Everything changed last night on this topic. We know where they stand now. Turns out it is where they stood the last time. It's where they've stood on this issue for over a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough.

I've read the last few pages and all I see is the same pattern repeating itself.

Now that grief has subsided, we return to denial, where we have been for seven months.

Traycor fixating on the word 'majestic' as if he can solve that and prove to Blizzard it can be done.

DeicideUH still unable to accept the failure of his 'movement' and that his snowball has melted, still trying to justify that it could happen.

And others trotting out the usual old rubbish already about Ion, or how he is biased, or how 'they said no to classic servers'!

This is exactly what happened after Blizzcon when Void Elves were revealed.

You lost.

It can't be put more bluntly than that.

You. Lost.

Alliance High Elves are not going to be a thing. They are never going to be a thing. They told us flat out to our faces why they are never going to be a thing.

You may dispute their reasoning. You may shout about how it's wrong. But this debate is over. It ended the moment they revealed Void Elves.

And after seven months of arguing, and posting and spamming you got them to restate that.

No amount of rhetoric or word play or debates over the lore is going to change that fact. You aren't going to school Blizzard on the story of Warcraft. You aren't going to convince them they've missed something, or that something you've seen in game proves that High Elves can be a thing, or that your special esoteric understanding of High Elves shows it can be done.

It's not going to be done because Blizzard doesn't want to do it. They've told us that multiple times now.

You don't get to continue on as you have for the past seven months and think nothing has changed. Everything changed last night on this topic. We know where they stand now. Turns out it is where they stood the last time. It's where they've stood on this issue for over a decade.
    Why are you still lurking in this thread dude? It's like you get off on telling people 'no' lol. It'll fizzle on its own or people will pour their energy into something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Enough.
    No need to be salty Obelisk. You've already had your victory. People continuing to debate the subject is not a personal attack on you.

Enough.
    You are free to not come here, you know that, right?

This won't end, Kai. It's not within your power (nor mine) to stop this.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    No need to be salty Obelisk. You've already had your victory. People continuing to debate the subject is not a personal attack on you.
    I never said it was.

But already the pattern repeats itself, the pro High Elf community is trying to turn a very, very clear no into a maybe.

Ask yourself this, at what point do you accept that it's never going to happen?

Because the game director saying it's not going to happen and still laughing a little about the topic seems pretty definitive to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    You are free to not come here, you know that, right?

This won't end, Kai. It's not within your power (nor mine) to stop this.
    No, it was within Ion's. And he did.

Enough.
    and they'll continue to post about this till blizzard buckles. and fun fact they always do. normally right after they subs go down the crapper.

No, it was within Ion's. And he did.
    He can't, neither.

You are deluding yourself. This didn't end when Blizzard gave elves to the Horde. This didn't end with void elves. This won't end with Ion saying the very arguments people refused more than a decade ago. People will keep asking. You can live with that and be happier or keep bothering yourself with it.

There's only two ways for this to end: high elf fans leave WoW and Blizzard for good, and Blizzard does not want that, or Blizzard caves in. Nothing else will make this request end.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Again, Void Elves can be made. Which would mean HE + BE pops in theory can = VE population. Ignoring that point does not make you right.
    Again, how can you make void elves? Do they willingly bath in void juice and become void elves? Now tell me the whole process how the new elves become void elves and i will look for sources if you are headcanoning or speaking truth.

Anyway pack it up boys, we lost, because ion repeated the same irrelevant uneducated thing from the blizzcon, we lost that much, that obelisk is still here, wasting his time with us
    Last edited by mmoc09bcb5d61f; 2018-04-27 at 06:29 PM.

He can't, neither.

You are deluding yourself. This didn't end when Blizzard gave elves to the Horde. This didn't end with void elves. This won't end with Ion saying the very arguments people refused more than a decade ago. People will keep asking. You can live with that and be happier or keep bothering yourself with it.

There's only two ways for this to end: high elf fans leave WoW and Blizzard for good, and Blizzard does not want that, or Blizzard caves in. Nothing else will make this request end.
    Dont assume anyone else is deluding themselves when you think there are enough HE zealots who would leave the game over this for it to matter.

It’s inconsequential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Interesting response Obelisk. I don't go around pleading with people to like my ideas, or desperately asking them for affirmation. I've not gone around flaming or complaining after yesterday's Q&A. Immediately, I asked the High Elf people not to flame folks like you, more than once.

You don't like me posting about this, which you've made clear. I even congratulated you yesterday. Please don't accuse me of being undignified in a personal attack. It's a made up game about made up races. I'm just continuing to have fun making stuff up. Games are for fun.
    Look at it from my point of view Traycor. I've argued for quite some time that playable High Elves would damage both the Horde and Blood Elves. Last night, the game director agreed with my point of view and definitively brought the topic to an end.

And yet still it persists. And it's not the story of plucky underdogs picking themselves back up after a disaster, looking deep with themselves and finding the strength or inspiration to push ahead and scoring the inevitable win. This is bordering on mania.

Nor I am a personally attacking you. I am describing to you what I see. That you've listened intently to Ion's words, picked up on 'majestic' and are thinking that if you can conceptualize a High Elf that lacks majesty you might be able to prove there's a chance

Traycor they just don't want to do it. That's the honest to god truth. And they aren't going to be persuaded to do it.

The Anti High Elf position didn't win because of Anti High Elfers. It won because that was always the position Blizzard themselves had adopted.

People get very invested in this topic, but the debate IS over. To what extent are you now going to feed a false hope that this could happen is entirely up to you in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Dont assume anyone else is deluding themselves when you think there are enough HE zealots who would leave the game over this for it to matter.
    I'm not saying people will leave. I've said this will only end if people leave. There's a difference.
    Whatever...

Ask yourself this, at what point do you accept that it's never going to happen?
    Here's the problem...

You're fighting an archetype. That's a very powerful thing that transcends people and generations. Blizzard could have just made a game without dwarves, orcs, elves, trolls, and all the rest. Instead they created a world filled with archetypes because people understand and gravitate to those ideas.

Blood Elves fill the classical archetype of the elf, which was a cold, uncaring being with little understood powers that hid in the forest and was dangerous to encounter. These beings could sometimes be majestic or sometimes be very cruel. They were allies of goblins and trolls. They were always aloof.

Even if people don't like Legolas or The Lord of the Rings, Legolas represents another elf archetype. And statistically it's probably the most popular nonhuman archetype in all of popular fantasy. It's become a core concept of the entire genre. There's always going to be a desire to play a character of that sort alongside humans and dwarfs. Night Elves don't fill that archetype, even if the name "elf" is in their race. That's because they have an archetype that is also similar to the classical elves from folk tales, like the Blood Elves.

So, regardless of what Blizzard says, people will always pop up saying, "Why can't I play this?" Because it's a logical, natural request. Personally, I had no idea that 7 months of debate was going on here. It's just a natural thing that is glaringly missing from WoW, and I showed up to talk about it. No amount of Q&A's are going to make the archetype disappear, or cause people to stop wanting it.

(To clarify: Ion runs the game and what he says matters. I've never argued against that. But fighting against culturally shared archetypes is like fighting the wind.)

He can't, neither.

Pretty much, Void Elves being the current close cave-in. But even then it's not desired.

I admire Blizzard really, they've held out for over a decade in High Elves at least.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-04-27 at 06:39 PM.

People get very invested in this topic, but the debate IS over. To what extent are you now going to feed a false hope that this could happen is entirely up to you in the end.
    this debate will be over when we break Godwin's rule. then it will be over.

He can't, neither.

People who are mature enough to take no as an answer will stop. Soon, the only people who will still go on forums, try to find a sliver of hope out of something, thinking of contacting jonny depp etc will be the fanatics. Only a small vocal minority remaining won't make blizzard cave in. They outright said no yesterday to a larger group of people than the group of fanatics who will still take no as an answer.