1. #3281
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Gotta love the asinine narrative that the devs have to obey feedback like it’s law. That’s not how this works.

    “But ignoring feedback isn’t in the dev’s best interest! They’ll lose players that way and they don’t want that!”

    lol it’s funny how HE zealots are acting like this is the first time Blizzard has ignored feedback. The game is still kicking.
    I am completely fine with ignoring feedback after reading it. I am not fine with ignoring it before reading it.

  2. #3282
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    We never saw forsaken having straight back, that would be breaking the lore just because you want to look better.. pretty selfish. Just roll human dk or deal with it.
    Um, what? The lore of Forsaken is that they're undead...raised, animated corpses. When has it been in lore that undead have to be hunchbacks exactly?

  3. #3283
    Not getting them.

    Nothing to discuss.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

  4. #3284
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    We never saw forsaken having straight back, that would be breaking the lore just because you want to look better.. pretty selfish. Just roll human dk or deal with it.

    Just admit it, you want to play as pretty undead human.. You have that option, but you would have to play alliance.
    Are you trying to earn the employee of the month award for the saltmines or something? Horde should never get the Human model. Same as the Alliance getting Orcs.

    Void Elves and Nightborne are bad enough as it is.

  5. #3285
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Um, what? The lore of Forsaken is that they're undead...raised, animated corpses. When has it been in lore that undead have to be hunchbacks exactly?
    Their gameplay appearance is their canonic look. Just like high elves must look like clones of blood elves, without any posture and physical adjustments, why would forsaken get this special treatment to look different than they always looked? These forsaken are still the same people they once were, they cant just grow meat and straighten their back, they would cease to be forsaken. /s

  6. #3286
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    I am completely fine with ignoring feedback after reading it. I am not fine with ignoring it before reading it.
    And how are you certain that the devs did this?

  7. #3287
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    13,030
    I just don't know why they just couldn't add more natural skin tones to the Void Elves. Most would say that Void Elves make up the remaining High Elves now. I doubt since Alelrias return that there are many High Elves even left. Just give Void elves some High Elf skin options similar to what happened with the Outland Orcs :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

    Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

  8. #3288
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    And how are you certain that the devs did this?
    Because I listened to Ion's answer?

  9. #3289
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I just don't know why they just couldn't add more natural skin tones to the Void Elves. Most would say that Void Elves make up the remaining High Elves now. I doubt since Alelrias return that there are many High Elves even left. Just give Void elves some High Elf skin options similar to what happened with the Outland Orcs :P
    Something about massive migration from horde to alliance. One normal skin color on void elves would kill the desire to play blood elves

  10. #3290
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I just don't know why they just couldn't add more natural skin tones to the Void Elves. Most would say that Void Elves make up the remaining High Elves now. I doubt since Alelrias return that there are many High Elves even left. Just give Void elves some High Elf skin options similar to what happened with the Outland Orcs :P
    Ion specifically mentioned fair skinned elves when he rejected the request for playable High Elves. Common sense suggests this rules out normal skin tones for Void Elves too.

    They want Void Elves to maintain their own flavour and theme, normal skin tones get rid of that because everyone playing a Void Elf would probably pick those rather than the appropriate tones for the race.

  11. #3291
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Are you trying to earn the employee of the month award for the saltmines or something?.
    He is trying to invalidate an argument against HE throwing a tantrum with saltiest false equivalence

  12. #3292
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Ion specifically mentioned fair skinned elves when he rejected the request for playable High Elves. Common sense suggests this rules out normal skin tones for Void Elves too.

    They want Void Elves to maintain their own flavour and theme, normal skin tones get rid of that because everyone playing a Void Elf would probably pick those rather than the appropriate tones for the race.
    Ion should see my night elf demon hunter.. I totally exploited the fantasy he meant for us.. You wouldnt believe, I am demon hunter with normal skin color, without horns.. I dont know how i did it, maybe i chose it in customization options.. Someone should inform Ion, that we can play as normal looking demon hunters, who arent looking as fel soaked monsters with horns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    He is trying to invalidate an argument against HE throwing a tantrum with saltiest false equivalence
    its not salt if it is true.. words to live by
    Last edited by mmoc09bcb5d61f; 2018-04-28 at 06:00 PM.

  13. #3293
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    Because I listened to Ion's answer?
    So, if Ion had said High Elves are coming they would have read the feedback. If the answer was as it is now, he wouldn’t have read the feedback.

    ......you really are only proving my point here

  14. #3294
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    One switch was enough. Blizz caved in and gave the Alliance the belf model which they REALLY wanted and gave the Horde the Nelf model... which not many wanted, in fact I can't think of someone asking for it, but it had a cool background and story to it so it was well received. But that's where it needs to stop.

    We want more undead versions, well the elf model is the best choice. I know some people want to play the vampire elves and some want the dark rangers so there's that. Plus there's no need for model switching.
    Uh huh...why do you anti je folk just think it was a model people wanted? Gods if this is what blizz thinks too talk about a dusconnect.

  15. #3295
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    its not salt if it is true.. words to live by
    you may take care of yourself to not die by hypertension, your lv of salt is dangerous, delicious but dangerous
    (btw its salt but not true)

    anyway, when everything fail, the horde is waiting for you
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-04-28 at 06:07 PM.

  16. #3296
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Their gameplay appearance is their canonic look. Just like high elves must look like clones of blood elves, without any posture and physical adjustments, why would forsaken get this special treatment to look different than they always looked? These forsaken are still the same people they once were, they cant just grow meat and straighten their back, they would cease to be forsaken. /s



    From the Bloodsworn Comic.

    Also, Forsaken is a faction not a race (which would be undead, which in itself isn't a race but a state of being). Undead can range anywhere from being newly risen to literal walking skeletons.

  17. #3297
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    So, if Ion had said High Elves are coming they would have read the feedback. If the answer was as it is now, he wouldn’t have read the feedback.

    ......you really are only proving my point here
    No if he had said something like

    "We have read the feedback about high elves and various ideas. And i have to admit my earlier argument had some loopholes. But we don't plan to put high elves into the game because it doesn't fir our vision for the game. Not saying it will never happen but as of roght now and the forseeable future it is off the table"

    Something diplomstic acknowledging the suggestions and still saying no while admitting his statement have some crotical flaws..hell he never even adressed and even REPEATED the issue of population wtfh how is that ok?

    It is NOW a blatant lie given the backstory of VE. Everything he said has an in game counter. And by that i mean things they have done.

  18. #3298
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    No if he had said something like

    "We have read the feedback about high elves and various ideas. And i have to admit my earlier argument had some loopholes. But we don't plan to put high elves into the game because it doesn't fir our vision for the game. Not saying it will never happen but as of roght now and the forseeable future it is off the table"

    Something diplomstic acknowledging the suggestions and still saying no while admitting his statement have some crotical flaws..hell he never even adressed and even REPEATED the issue of population wtfh how is that ok?

    It is NOW a blatant lie given the backstory of VE. Everything he said has an in game counter. And by that i mean things they have done.
    Lol no, you're lying to yourself if you think this version makes an iota of difference. If anything, saying he was wrong would only motivate you further to deny his statements.

    And Ion was being plenty diplomatic and respectful, you just chose to be offended by his words.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

  19. #3299
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    So, if Ion had said High Elves are coming they would have read the feedback. If the answer was as it is now, he wouldn’t have read the feedback.

    ......you really are only proving my point here
    You don't have to be obtuse on purpose. It's not a matter of "yes" or "no", it's a matter of why and Ion's response clearly indicates that he has never read anything about the debate. It's pretty obvious that someone claiming that people want majestic elves with blue eyes in Alliance because they saw Alleria in Legion has never read any of the actual requests and arguments.

  20. #3300
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    snip
    Why would you even react, when you clearly see /s.. All this rant was supposed to mirror those, who cant accept artistic freedom and cant accept, that even high elven appearance could be adjusted without retcons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •