1. #3501
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Have you ONLY played wow by chance? Do you only know of wows highelves?

    Because they do have a history before.

    And we want what the high elves represebt the lore the story and more not "blue eyed be" we want he. Their is a difference culturally and historically in the warcraft series.
    highvale elves comic Legends Volume 2



    they are normal thalassian elves

  2. #3502
    Mechagnome Kemsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    686
    Blizzard doesnt love Horde and doesnt hate alliance, and one of the biggest evidence of that is the beautifull title of

    "conqueror of Orgrimmar" like yeah..... alliance have the pride to show how beautifull was sack the main city.... at least i can have my conqueror of stormw....oh wait no...

    So dont pull that people, Blizzard its not going to give alliance a horde race, High Elves are just Blood Elves its just an adjective. Its the same race but with diferent idealogy and therefore its not like Tauren with HM tauren, wich the second one have a intrincated Lore related to the War of the Ancients and diferent customizations from tatoos, horns and special forms for druids, nightborne are not the Suramar people this are supposed to be the ones that eat from the Arcandor, they supposed to be Whittered.

    Void elves are yet to be developed, because they are from BfA not from Legion, right now you can play one because its a pre-ordered bonus and you can experience every featured of Legion with that race. Do NOT expect much from them because they are nonexistan "on the lore" yes you can see them now, because Blizzard is giving you the option.

    Warcraft was always depicted as the "ANTI TOLKIEN" style of game, and for that it gain hundreds of followers and after WC2 the introduction of a more intricated story related to the Horde as a group of warriors wanting to survive, made the Warcraft Universe the most related fantasy story that people could found. Just look at some of the Horde races depict people from diferent cultures united for one goal, survive. And for that Helves joined the Horde, all of that happened between WC3 the Frozen Throne and the events of the Burning Crusade.

  3. #3503
    This entire shitshow makes me feel bad for all the people who actually play and enjoy the Void Elves. Their aesthetic is one that, at least I, sought transmog out for that wouldn't have worked on any other race.

    I also feel bad for Nightborne fans. Despite having the largest presence, story, and showtime in Legion among all Allied Races, their player equivilant was clearly either very rushed, or worked on first and paused to work on other things.
    "High Elves....honestly? Spoilers, guys, Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves."
    -Ion, Blizzcon 11/4/17

    "So...basically? Blood Elves kind of are High Elves."
    - Ion, Blizzard Q&A 4/26/18

  4. #3504
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "the fact that the beautiful model thallassian model was originally given to the horde, frustrate me

    that type of style belongs to the alliance"


    oh boy, why they didn't a discord before, this is top lvl kek, nice to see they showing their true colors, and how the "lore" is just a bullshit explanation.
    at least someone like this screens

  5. #3505
    Quote Originally Posted by LowestFormOfWit View Post
    This entire shitshow makes me feel bad for all the people who actually play and enjoy the Void Elves. Their aesthetic is one that, at least I, sought transmog out for that wouldn't have worked on any other race.

    I also feel bad for Nightborne fans. Despite having the largest presence, story, and showtime in Legion among all Allied Races, their player equivilant was clearly either very rushed, or worked on first and paused to work on other things.
    Im enjoying my Void Elf; they got the best hair styles by FAR of any race. Im disappointed that they didnt use the opportunity to expand their barebones presence by including "normal" skin tones as an option, to reflect the Blood and High elf wayfarers that are joining the fraction. Now they're implying that the player Void Elf is one of Umbric's followers, meaning the Void Elves are literally 2 dozen strong.

    Im not a High Elf fan, but damn, Id rather have the Silver Covenant, a long time and active allied fraction, than the Dark Irons, who havnt don't shit except squat in Ironforge for a decade.

  6. #3506
    Gonna give an official warning at this point that, while dissenting opinions are obviously welcome, y'all need to chill it with the overbearing condescension and rudeness to each other. Insulting people on either side is not okay. Coming into the thread just to mock it is not okay.

    If you see this type of behavior, please report it, and it will be handled. Thank you!

    When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift


    Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

  7. #3507
    I think I've figured out why Horde players are more invested in the Faction Wall, while Alliance players (especially human players) aren't. The Horde quests from what I remember, have you fighting the other things or races early on. Sure you sometimes fight one of your own species here and then in the first few zones, but for the most part its animals, non-playable races, or Alliance races you are killing. Even the Forsaken kill some Scourge and than go on to killing Scarlet Crusaders, Human mages, and later Worgen. "For the Horde" as a faction is more drummed into the players early on.

    For the Alliance, especially human characters, we are mostly killing other humans. I've killing a metric ton and more humans in this game than probably anything else. From the Defias, to the Syndicate, to the Southshore Pirates, to the Cult of the Damned, to the Scarlet Crusade, to the Twilights Hammer Cultist, to various servants of the Old God, Legion allied Warlocks, to traitorous Houses on Kul'Tiras. I've killed a lot of humans. The Dwarves kill a lot of dwarves (Dark Iron ones at that). Gnomes fight Leper Gnomes as well as troggs, but Gnomes have little presence in the world. Only the Night Elves, Draenei, and Worgen actually fight the Horde races a bit early on. After Northshire and the Dark Horde, the Human players don't see them again until Redridge, and even after that, its mostly humans you are killing. The Alliance doesn't do much for its own identity until much later in leveling.

    So to me, having someone of my species on the other faction as playable is no big deal. I'd just try to kill them too like the rest in game.
    Last edited by Ithekro; 2018-04-29 at 05:02 AM.

  8. #3508
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    12,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    I think I've figured out why Horde players are more invested in the Faction Wall, while Alliance players (especially human players) aren't. The Horde quests from what I remember, have you fighting the other things or races early on. Sure you sometimes fight one of your own species here and then in the first few zones, but for the most part its animals, non-playable races, or Alliance races you are killing. Even the Forsaken kill some Scourge and than go on to killing Scarlet Crusaders, Human mages, and later Worgen. "For the Horde" as a faction is more drummed into the players early on.

    For the Alliance, especially human characters, we are mostly killing other humans. I've killing a metric ton and more humans in this game than probably anything else. From the Defias, to the Syndicate, to the Southshore Pirates, to the Cult of the Damned, to the Scarlet Crusade, to the Twilights Hammer Cultist, to various servants of the Old God, Legion allied Warlocks, to traitorous Houses on Kul'Tiras. I've killed a lot of humans. The Dwarves kill a lot of dwarves (Dark Iron ones at that). Gnomes fight Leper Gnomes as well as troggs, but Gnomes have little presence in the world. Only the Night Elves, Draenei, and Worgen actually fight the Horde races a bit early on. After Northshire and the Dark Horde, the Human players don't see them again until Redridge, and even after that, its mostly humans you are killing. The Alliance doesn't do much for its own identity until much later in leveling.

    So to me, having someone of my species on the other faction as playable is no big deal. I'd just try to kill them too like the rest in game.
    your argument is flawless when we, and with WE i talk both factions, spend most of wow lifetime killing orcs, trolls undeads and elves

    the most recent expansion was about killing orcs, and shitting on orc story

    TBC we prob kill more elves and orcs than actually "demon" i guess

    undeads are the main kill loot in WtlK, with one dungeon now and then

    and of course trolls, the most loot pinata of all races, one troll raid per expansion was not just a meme afterall.

    So, your argument is invalid. For alliance they don't have problem with the "faction wall" because they have no eminent danger of one of their races going to horde, this problem is only for the horde and then alone, screw then

    And of course they( only the ones who want HE prob) don't care about the faction wall if this mean getting what they desire, selfish? maybe, i bet alliance players would not want lose dwarfs and humans to the horde in the trade.

  9. #3509
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    your argument is flawless when we, and with WE i talk both factions, spend most of wow lifetime killing orcs, trolls undeads and elves

    the most recent expansion was about killing orcs, and shitting on orc story

    TBC we prob kill more elves and orcs than actually "demon" i guess

    undeads are the main kill loot in WtlK, with one dungeon now and then

    and of course trolls, the most loot pinata of all races, one troll raid per expansion was not just a meme afterall.

    So, your argument is invalid. For alliance they don't have problem with the "faction wall" because they have no eminent danger of one of their races going to horde, this problem is only for the horde and then alone, screw then

    And of course they( only the ones who want HE prob) don't care about the faction wall if this mean getting what they desire, selfish? maybe, i bet alliance players would not want lose dwarfs and humans to the horde in the trade.
    Why would humans or dwarves on horde be bad? Hell why not put dark iron on horde? Given how much we fight them as alliance makes sense to me.

  10. #3510
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    12,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Why would humans or dwarves on horde be bad? Hell why not put dark iron on horde? Given how much we fight them as alliance makes sense to me.
    like i said any trade is worth if people get the elf

    obviously would be bad because blur the faction and damage faction identity

  11. #3511
    Just let this thread die and come back when you people can actually think straight without being emotional
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  12. #3512
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    like i said any trade is worth if people get the elf

    obviously would be bad because blur the faction and damage faction identity
    Seriously, they try to play it cool then show their hand by saying. "You can have ANYTHING you want if you give us elves! We care about lore btw"

    Yeah, I'd trade a nickel for a dollar too. I am much more transparent on that front. I only want high elves on Alliance because the rest of their races are ugly.

  13. #3513
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    I think I've figured out why Horde players are more invested in the Faction Wall, while Alliance players (especially human players) aren't.
    -SNIP-
    Speak for yourself. I play Alliance and I'm very invested in keeping the faction identity. I don't want Horde races in the Alliance just like I don't want Alliance races in the Horde.

    It seems the High Elf camp needs a daily reminder that no one elected them to speak for or represent the Alliance.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

  14. #3514
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Why would humans or dwarves on horde be bad? Hell why not put dark iron on horde? Given how much we fight them as alliance makes sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Speak for yourself. I play Alliance and I'm very invested in keeping the faction identity. I don't want Horde races in the Alliance just like I don't want Alliance races in the Horde.

    It seems the High Elf camp needs a daily reminder that no one elected them to speak for or represent the Alliance.
    I am a bit surprised at the lengths the pro High Elf camp are willing to go to get High Elves.

    Humans for the Horde?

    Dwarves for the Horde?

    How can Alliance players be so blasé about their own faction? Where is the self-respect? Where is the joy in their own side?

    No wonder the Alliance doesn't get nice things if some are willing to barter away what is so fundamentally important.

  15. #3515
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I am a bit surprised at the lengths the pro High Elf camp are willing to go to get High Elves.

    Humans for the Horde?

    Dwarves for the Horde?

    How can Alliance players be so blasé about their own faction? Where is the self-respect? Where is the joy in their own side?

    No wonder the Alliance doesn't get nice things if some are willing to barter away what is so fundamentally important.
    Yeah, still cherrypicking dumb commentaries and showing them like all pro highelfers think that crap.

    While i think DI Dwarves could (i literally mean COULD) fit in the horde, i really think that Humans on Horde are out context.

    Just trying to deviate the thread to a flaming war shows that you are not trying to be comprehensive, you just don't want this to happen because you don't want it, not because you have a weightened reason to it.

    And i know that you will come with the faction wall, and i ask you: If the faction wall is so weak, why is so?
    Default dancing over the Obelisk of the Kairos's ruins.

  16. #3516
    Blizzard is not biased towards the Horde. The Alliance is getting a ton of interesting Allied Races in the next expansion, including fan-favourite Dark Iron Dwarves (who look very hot), and Kul Tiran Humans, who have received praise by the community for their unique and original aesthetics (no, they are not just 'fat humans', just like Elves are not just 'pointy-heared humans). And Kul Tiras is often revered as one of the best continents in World of Warcraft, many say that it is ever better than Zandalar. And let us not forget that in this expansion Alliance's characters -- such as Turalyon, Alleria, Velen, Anduin, Greymane, Tyrande and Malfurion -- received a lot of character development, as did Night Elves, Worgen and Draenei as a whole. Blizzard hasn't been blatantly biased towards the Horde for years.

    If Horde players wanted the Alliance Human model, for example, do you know what Ion would say?

    "If you want a fair-skinned, living and bulky Human... sorry, the Alliance is there waiting for you."

    It seems the High Elf camp needs a daily reminder that no one elected them to speak for or represent the Alliance.
    Indeed. I am a Void Elf fan but I don't care about High Elves and in fact I don't want them playable. Also because they would inevitably stomp Void Elves from a population perspective (because the average Alliance player can't handle more elaborate and complex races like Void Elf and just has to play the usual boring lawful good races like Humans), and also from a lore standpoint, since effort that the writers would spend developing the High Elves could be better spent for the Alliance Thalassian group that is already in the game, and that is in desperate need of more lore development.
    Some will tell you that the Light is the only path. The only weapon that can stop the enemies of Azeroth. But we see alternatives. Many roads, many possibilities, that are open to us. There will be those who doubt you. Who question your resolve, your ability to harness powers that have caused the downfall of weaker wills. Together, we will prove them wrong.

  17. #3517
    Blizzard's only got themselves to blame for this mess. Adding the concept of "allied races" to the game at the same time as giving High Elf NPCs an increasingly prominent role in the story... what did they think was going to happen? You really can't expect people to accept "Blood Elves are High Elves" when you keep sticking more and more Alliance High Elf NPCs in the game.

    My thanks to the OP and others for the work they've done. Some of the hairstyles are a bit off the wall, but the overall idea of a "back to the wild" style of High Elf sounds great.

    As a side note, I gotta wonder how many people who are insisting Ion's words on High Elves are carved-in-stone gospel are willing to do the same with his statement on the GCD, forced personal loot or class changes.

  18. #3518
    High Overlord Gerron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    like i said any trade is worth if people get the elf

    obviously would be bad because blur the faction and damage faction identity
    I always see these things as a matter of perspective. For the Horde losing a race hurts their faction identity because of how strong that identity is. The Alliance isn't the same and many Alliance players don't have a strong collection with the faction because it's rarely central to Alliance stories. There's a reason "For the Horde" resonates with people while "For the Alliance" is mocked.

  19. #3519
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Yeah, still cherrypicking dumb commentaries and showing them like all pro highelfers think that crap.
    Over the years I have seen the following suggested.

    Alterac Humans
    The Defias Humans
    The Dark Iron Dwarves
    Highborne Night Elves
    Leper Gnomes.
    Eredar.


    All from different people at different times, all with the same motive of handing over the fantasy of a core Alliance race (well not the Eredar) so that High Elves can be a thing.

    Please do not pretend this is a minority opinion in this debate, nor an illogical one. If High Elves were to be a thing, the Horde would have to get some equivalent as well, something equally core to the Alliance.

    The problem is that these Alliance players have been so determined to get High Elves that they didn't care what they sacrificed on behalf of the rest of their faction in order to get them. That they do not value their own side as much as I value mine has always puzzled me, yet it is what it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    While i think DI Dwarves could (i literally mean COULD) fit in the horde, i really think that Humans on Horde are out context.
    I have never thought that. The Dark Irons are, culturally and themtically, Bronzebeard Dwarves. They live underground, they like beer etc. There is no real difference between them and the Bronzebeards than their unique skin tones and their history. Ironically it is the Wildhammer Dwarves, who share the same physical appearance with the Bronzebeards, who are culturally and thematically more distinct from the Bronzebeards than the Dark Irons are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Just trying to deviate the thread to a flaming war shows that you are not trying to be comprehensive, you just don't want this to happen because you don't want it, not because you have a weightened reason to it.
    You do not have the right to choose whom I respond to. If you feel Sorrior is embarrassing your side, maybe send them a quick PM?

    As for reducing the manifold reasons I am against playable Alliance High Elves to 'I don't want it', I attribute that to the pro High Elf habit of trying to marginalise all objections to their goal down to something as petty as they can present it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    And i know that you will come with the faction wall, and i ask you: If the faction wall is so weak, why is so?
    Actually the faction wall is fairly robust. But just because it's robust does not mean it's under continuous assault by the pro High Elf side. Yet, it's going to stand quite a while longer, now that we have confirmation playable high elves on the Alliance aren't going to be a thing.

    Although, if someone can figure out how to make a High Elf that isn't fair skinned, blue-eyed and majestic you might have hope for the future.

  20. #3520
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    like i said any trade is worth if people get the elf

    obviously would be bad because blur the faction and damage faction identity
    No i just don't care about the faction shit..hell i feel like they need to just get rid of them already. We have come together to foght big universe ending threats too ofyen to just be all "oh look alliance"

    We have fought alongiside each other(welll nocs hage) hell i bet slot of horde and alliance npcs have favorite buddies on the opposing faction they hangout with during big threats

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •