1. #3821
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i already have some informants there, but you know, we can always use the private messages wink wink



    the cult was going on for about... 5 months i guess? i think it was a bit after they started the organized spam in the GD



    i already tough about this as well, but the cry will just change, now we would listen for more years of horde bais and favoritism cause alliance get a copy paste and a horde get a new race, so they will demand another race, staying with one more, so it will be fair
    Well they gotta deal with it they are asking for a copy and paste race. They can have wild hammer dwarves or something for their second one. In the end that's the price for having a second blood elf model on the alliance.

    Oh wait or perhaps Eredar? Eredar would be cool.

  2. #3822
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Oh another one who tells me they can grow in number.. tell me the whole process and i decide based on sources, if you are just headcanoning or not

    Also void elves were blood elves yesterday, there is no distinct culture, even high elves had more time

    Why would people ask for humans in the horde?
    Because some humans helped the Old Horde.

    Void elves on day one of their creation had more culture than high elves, who had none other than clinging to human legs. The fact that they have recruits in the rift shows they are already growing in number.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  3. #3823
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because some humans helped the Old Horde.

    Void elves on day one of their creation had more culture than high elves, who had none other than clinging to human legs. The fact that they have recruits in the rift shows they are already growing in number.
    If this image is not enough for them to take the hint nothing will. I can see a lot of high elves drinking the void kool-aid. Blizzard did not place them there for no reason but you know people like to ignore it.



    - - - Updated - - -




  4. #3824
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    If this image is not enough for them to take the hint nothing will. I can see a lot of high elves drinking the void kool-aid. Blizzard did not place them there for no reason but you know people like to ignore it.
    headcanon, next

    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because some humans helped the Old Horde.
    they dont exist in modern horde, as opposed to high elves, who indeed exist in the alliance, duh

  5. #3825
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    headcanon, next



    they dont exist in modern horde, as opposed to high elves, who indeed exist in the alliance, duh
    LOL headcanon. Elves now have a haven where they can study the void without persecution and Anduin endorses this.



    I am sure she is there for the cool view.

  6. #3826
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    they dont exist in modern horde, as opposed to high elves, who indeed exist in the alliance, duh

    Who exist as a fraction of the main race.

    Again, you do not deserve high elves, nor is Blizzard expected to cater to you being unable to move on with the story.


    You talk of headcanon and yet pretend as if high elves are something you are owed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  7. #3827
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    LOL headcanon. Elves now have a haven where they can study the void without persecution and Anduin endorses this.



    I am sure she is there for the cool view.
    Hey i study fel, now i am fel soaked demon, because reasons and something about kool aid

    You and others cant simply see the difference between
    getting transformed by ethereal - void elves
    and
    absorbing void energy - alleria (who maintained her high elven appearance)

  8. #3828
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Hey i study fel, now i am fel soaked demon, because reasons and something about kool aid
    Right so a group of elves learning at the feet of Locus walker in the very den of the void elves. Hmmm I wonder what's going on there from a narrative standpoint? I wonder how on EARTH the void elves are going to increase their numbers?

  9. #3829
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Right so a group of elves learning at the feet of Locus walker in the very den of the void elves. Hmmm I wonder what's going on there from a narrative standpoint? I wonder how on EARTH the void elves are going to increase their numbers?
    yes, because locus walker can replicate that transformation ritual and alleria cam interrupt it at the exact same time as she did for the first time, so these new recruits will become void elves and not void blobs

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Who exist as a fraction of the main race.

    Again, you do not deserve high elves, nor is Blizzard expected to cater to you being unable to move on with the story.


    You talk of headcanon and yet pretend as if high elves are something you are owed.
    You are the only one who is talking about owing.. But i guess you are not here for discussion, carry on, find another victim, i am done, you cant even answer questions and mixing apples and potatoes.

  10. #3830
    Ahhh, if only Ion, blessed he be, how I wish he had given his negative answer while he at least acknowledged the points raised by the pro-Helf side. Instead, he literally just repeated what he said back in November -which on itself sparked the discussion- disregarding the last 6 months of discussions about the issue. Fastest way to piss off a fraction of the audience that we can all agree is very vocal.

    You can either double down on your original argumentation -the one that sparked these few last months of yelling in the first place lets remember- or at least take into account what the feedback said on the last 6 months even if your answer is still no. And I still believe the later would have been by far the better option.

    NOTE: This is all based on the premise that High Elves are just not gonna happen for the alliance, that's said and done. But this show us how dispensable feedback from their audience is for WoW. And before you go "High Elves are a stupid issue" that's the point, it goes beyond how pointless you perceive the request to be, Blizzard is a company that SHOULD WANT to be respectful of their audience, not a single person giving/agreeing with an opinion. This is wholly a PR issue at this point, and no matter how vindicated some of you feel by Ion's answer, some of you seem not to understand that a company should be appeasing of its audience instead of simply alienating it.

    But Alas. Ion said nothing new, offered no new insights of their reasons or what the future holds for Alliance High Elves. Just no. For me, that's enough, but even for me, I can't help to say his answer was mishandled, regardless of the decision, but how he approached the request. He just doesn't seem to understand that is more than just about a "fair skinned, blonde, blue eyed elf" and that "the horde is waiting for you."

    And that honestly, just pisses on the reason why people want to play High Elves, regardless that Ion and some of you misunderstand.

    So what can we do? Just expect that BfA is so good that it just pushes the High Elf issue on the wayside? Or so bad that HE are the least of issues to worry? Certainly I wish for this whole thing blows up someday.

    And personally, that they DO something about the Silver Covenant cause I just want a pay off for that. Void them? (Ohh "Void Covenant") Kill them? reveal next expansion that they are actually mostly Half Elves and make them playable? Honestly I'd love the third one, but at this point I settle for ANY resolution, instead of them remaining the unplayable elephant in the room.

  11. #3831
    should just split the silver covenant into 2 groups and make them disappear. ones that will turn into void elves and the ones that decide its better to rejoin their home with the blood elves.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

  12. #3832
    Pit Lord Sigxy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Your heart!
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    should just split the silver covenant into 2 groups and make them disappear. ones that will turn into void elves and the ones that decide its better to rejoin their home with the blood elves.
    Totally agree with this.

  13. #3833
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    should just split the silver covenant into 2 groups and make them disappear. ones that will turn into void elves and the ones that decide its better to rejoin their home with the blood elves.
    It would not surprise me if Blizzard does this. Because right now they are making blood elves the "light" elves. Or they might decide to kill them all.

  14. #3834
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Ahhh, if only Ion, blessed he be, how I wish he had given his negative answer while he at least acknowledged the points raised by the pro-Helf side.
    are we implying now that he didn't acknowledged?

    Instead, he literally just repeated what he said back in November -which on itself sparked the discussion- disregarding the last 6 months of discussions about the issue.
    maybe because what he said was true no matter how the high elf movement tried to change with headcanon and fanfics, so there was no need to change his statement?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-04-29 at 11:41 PM.

  15. #3835
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    NOTE: This is all based on the premise that High Elves are just not gonna happen for the alliance, that's said and done. But this show us how dispensable feedback from their audience is for WoW. And before you go "High Elves are a stupid issue" that's the point, it goes beyond how pointless you perceive the request to be, Blizzard is a company that SHOULD WANT to be respectful of their audience, not a single person giving/agreeing with an opinion. This is wholly a PR issue at this point, and no matter how vindicated some of you feel by Ion's answer, some of you seem not to understand that a company should be appeasing of its audience instead of simply alienating it.

    But Alas. Ion said nothing new, offered no new insights of their reasons or what the future holds for Alliance High Elves. Just no. For me, that's enough, but even for me, I can't help to say his answer was mishandled, regardless of the decision, but how he approached the request. He just doesn't seem to understand that is more than just about a "fair skinned, blonde, blue eyed elf" and that "the horde is waiting for you."

    And that honestly, just pisses on the reason why people want to play High Elves, regardless that Ion and some of you misunderstand.

    So what can we do? Just expect that BfA is so good that it just pushes the High Elf issue on the wayside? Or so bad that HE are the least of issues to worry? Certainly I wish for this whole thing blows up someday.
    What it showed was, regardless of how much feedback they get, with supporting evidence from in-game. Or even suggestions/compromises that the community themselves could come up with to hope for their race choice to be implemented.

    None of it matters. Even for a topic where they said let us know what you'd like to see. Didn't matter. They have set plans for what they want to do. It makes the whole "tell us" look like complete hogwash. Especially when multiple interviews they laid out the criteria for what factors in when selecting an AR as a candidate, and one of the biggest was community interest.

    They even noticed it was a popular request, regardless of them saying no.

    So really it's a case of "don't even try to be passionate since we already have our own plans"

    Even the newest Sethrak continuation thread on the forums, made after the Q&A. The first few posts give their condolences to the HE group and some talk as if "maybe it's good we're not noticed by the Blues - look what happened to the Helf community" That's a pretty crazy turn around for what people should be saying on the forums.

  16. #3836
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    are we implying now that he didn't acknowledged?



    maybe because what he said was true no matter how the high movement tried to change with headcanon and fanfics, so there was no need to change hi statement?
    It was so true that he somehow forgot, that same thing applies to void elves

  17. #3837
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    should just split the silver covenant into 2 groups and make them disappear. ones that will turn into void elves and the ones that decide its better to rejoin their home with the blood elves.
    Agree with the conceit, yet not the means. At this time in history, any High Elves with a desire to have rejoined Silvermoon would already chosen to. I would find hard to believe that any thalassian population remains in the alliance with any desire to join the horde. That's not to say that this would have already happened if it did, probably since the end of BC, to the point I could envision blue eyed Blood Elves from those that rejoined Silvermoon since the end of BC.

    But of the current alliance high elves? Highly unlikely, since those HE are basically defined by how hardcore alliance they are.

    Agree with the "assimilation" theory tho. But instead of forcing them rejoin Silvermoon, just have them assimilated into human culture. Who knows, maybe 5 years from now that would mean the Silver Covenant being a half elf organization. But the best way to "get rid" of most of the High Elves IN GAME as the lore SHOULD, would be by replicating the Void Elf process, thus also solving the issues of Void Elf population.

  18. #3838
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    It was so true that he somehow forgot, that same thing applies to void elves
    not rly, void elves are not fair skinned and all other things

  19. #3839
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not rly, void elves are not fair skinned and all other things
    That certainly wasnt thing which he repeated from blizzcon, i had in mind that population argument

    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    And where's your proof that he can't replicate it, seeing as you keep making that claim.

    I'll even help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7pWL9xB8Zc

    The whole chain from beginning to end, and no where is it stated that this is a one off, that it can't be replicated. What were your words? Quit headcannoning.
    No, you are headcanoning, because nobody has proof, how or if the new void elves are created
    You all are just asuming, that new recruits will do poof, and here we have new void elf,
    Last edited by mmoc09bcb5d61f; 2018-04-29 at 11:46 PM.

  20. #3840
    High Overlord Gerron's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Ahhh, if only Ion, blessed he be, how I wish he had given his negative answer while he at least acknowledged the points raised by the pro-Helf side. Instead, he literally just repeated what he said back in November -which on itself sparked the discussion- disregarding the last 6 months of discussions about the issue. Fastest way to piss off a fraction of the audience that we can all agree is very vocal.

    You can either double down on your original argumentation -the one that sparked these few last months of yelling in the first place lets remember- or at least take into account what the feedback said on the last 6 months even if your answer is still no. And I still believe the later would have been by far the better option.

    NOTE: This is all based on the premise that High Elves are just not gonna happen for the alliance, that's said and done. But this show us how dispensable feedback from their audience is for WoW. And before you go "High Elves are a stupid issue" that's the point, it goes beyond how pointless you perceive the request to be, Blizzard is a company that SHOULD WANT to be respectful of their audience, not a single person giving/agreeing with an opinion. This is wholly a PR issue at this point, and no matter how vindicated some of you feel by Ion's answer, some of you seem not to understand that a company should be appeasing of its audience instead of simply alienating it.

    But Alas. Ion said nothing new, offered no new insights of their reasons or what the future holds for Alliance High Elves. Just no. For me, that's enough, but even for me, I can't help to say his answer was mishandled, regardless of the decision, but how he approached the request. He just doesn't seem to understand that is more than just about a "fair skinned, blonde, blue eyed elf" and that "the horde is waiting for you."

    And that honestly, just pisses on the reason why people want to play High Elves, regardless that Ion and some of you misunderstand.

    So what can we do? Just expect that BfA is so good that it just pushes the High Elf issue on the wayside? Or so bad that HE are the least of issues to worry? Certainly I wish for this whole thing blows up someday.

    And personally, that they DO something about the Silver Covenant cause I just want a pay off for that. Void them? (Ohh "Void Covenant") Kill them? reveal next expansion that they are actually mostly Half Elves and make them playable? Honestly I'd love the third one, but at this point I settle for ANY resolution, instead of them remaining the unplayable elephant in the room.
    I think there is a larger issue underlying all of this. Alliance players haven't really gotten the Allied races they have asked for. Dark Iron when people have been requesting Wildhammer. Lightforged Draenei instead of Broken. Void Elves instead of High Elves. There are good reasons why they didn't go with what players asked for but it does give off the sense that Blizzard isn't really listening to Alliance player requests. The issue now is that we won't be getting Broken or Wildhammer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •