7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Because this topic is drifting back onto 'how can we make High Elves playable' I think it's very important to remind people of the following.

Skip to 46:20 for the relevant point.

You just can't pretend it's business as normal and he didn't say what he said.
    Ah, but he only says "Blood Elves kinda are". KINDA. It's that tiny little thing they cherrypick!

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Sliders were around LONG before WoW came out. Even at the time of release, it had just about the most bare-bones customization possible. This was a deliberate design choice.
    This is correct. Blizzard stated that they wanted people to actually play the game and not spend about 10 hours just customizing the character to look perfect. And I'm SO thankful for it because whenever there's a slider, things never work out for me. :<

But the Blood Elves don't do it. It's not there. It's a silly arguement to say, "High Elves can't have this unused look because I could imagine my Blood Elf having that look."

Blood Elves could sprout tentacles and turn purple as well... that doesn't mean Void Elves can't have their own look.
    it's not there because only in AR (BfA content) we started to see Tattoes as options for players! surprise eh? No race (okay - night elf only) had any way to use tattoo or warpaint on them. NO RACE. remember how people were hyped when they datamined SHIRTS wich looked like tattos? it was because WE LACK of this options. for EVERY race.

But the Blood Elves don't do it. It's not there. It's a silly arguement to say, "High Elves can't have this unused look because I could imagine my Blood Elf having that look."
    High elves don't use it either, not a single high elf has this theme, by your arguing style it should now go to the void elves, because their leader actually has these farstrider tattoos.

Fact remains these markings aren't a definite trait for high elves due to it being shared with the blood elves and the void elves. All three groups have historical ties to it.

So selling something as distinction, which really isn't one is rather weird.

I just don't get why they didn't go with "all current alliance elves (aka High Elves) decided to follow Alleria and turn to the Void, disbanding silver convenant, and removing helves from dalaran/7th legion, making it cannon that no "pure" high elves are left. (oh, and turn Alleria into a proper Gothy elf, idk why she has to be pretty?).

The only reason why they didn't go that route I can think of is because they don't want to say definite no to high elves as allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is part of the farstrider dynamic
    Yeah well, most if not all of the Farstriders that were abroad (which, given the name of their organization, would have been the vast majority of them) are now with the Alliance, as shown by their holdings in Loch Modan, Aerie Peak, and formerly Eastern Plaguelands, the latter of which was actually populated by a corps of rangers kicked out of Quel'thalas by Lor'themar, further reducing this "dynamic" amongst the greater blood elf population.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I just don't get why they didn't go with "all current alliance elves (aka High Elves) decided to follow Alleria and turn to the Void, disbanding silver convenant, and removing helves from dalaran/7th legion, making it cannon that no "pure" high elves are left. (oh, and turn Alleria into a proper Gothy elf, idk why she has to be pretty?).

The only reason why they didn't go that route I can think of is because they don't want to say definite no to high elves as allied race.
    Probably so that there won't be a "blue shirt" guy telling them about Vereesa. >_> Can't have her turn Void Elf for... reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

Because it goes against the entire mindset of the modern high elf, these people were unwilling to drain mana from a living organism and embracing the void is even worse than fully embracing fel magic.

High elves don't use it either, not a single high elf has this theme, by your arguing style it should now go to the void elves, because their leader actually has these farstrider tattoos.

Fact remains these markings aren't a definite trait for high elves due to it being shared with the blood elves and the void elves. All three groups have historical ties to it.

So selling something as distinction, which really isn't one is rather weird.
    i would say not blood elves/"High elves"/void elves, but rather elf as whole race. Because "tattoo" thing was first seen on illidan and NE during war of the ancient. And some times they bear not decorative fuction, but rather practical like enchantments for body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Ah, but he only says "Blood Elves kinda are". KINDA. It's that tiny little thing they cherrypick!
    It amazes me just how people will go through mental gymnastics just to open the door, at least somewhat.

It's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    I wouldn't mind Vrykul myself. But they would probably find some contrived reason why they couldn't roll Paladin. Despite being the original Tyrsguard and basically inventing Paladins.
    Off topic, I'm aware, but you're going to have to cite that statement. I'm pretty certain the Vrykul had, like, nothing to do with the Paladin concept. Feel free to enlighten me. I believe Humans/Draenei were on the forefront of that fighting/magic style.

not a single high elf has this theme
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    So if you want to find something different between the two it had to happen within last 10 years or so.
    As was stated earlier, creating a new look is easy. No previous Dark Iron looked like the new playable models with their flaming hair. They just added it because why not?

Worgen in game did not look like the playable ones we have now. When they became playable, they just changed all of them with no lore reason. And why not?

When Blood Elves got a new model like 20 times in this game, there was no lore reason. They just did it.

If they want to give High Elves their own representative look, they can just do it. No lore reason is needed. This would confuse no one.

like really @Traycor i see how you want to make them different, but "tattoo" as thing for them being different decline any logic behind it. Like really. They used them in WC2, okay. Those who survived then return to QT. Okay. WC3 happened. and what? everyone who used warpaints or enchanted tattoo gone Aliance? man please. consider some logic there. Please. Don't kill my faith in you at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Off topic, I'm aware, but you're going to have to cite that statement. I'm pretty certain the Vrykul had, like, nothing to do with the Paladin concept. Feel free to enlighten me. I believe Humans/Draenei were on the forefront of that fighting/magic style.
    I suggest simply rolling a trial character and looking it up in-game. Go to the order hall and read up on the history of Truthguard and the Silver Hand.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

Yeah well, most if not all of the Farstriders that were abroad (which, given the name of their organization, would have been the vast majority of them) are now with the Alliance, as shown by their holdings in Loch Modan, Aerie Peak, and formerly Eastern Plaguelands, the latter of which was actually populated by a corps of rangers kicked out of Quel'thalas by Lor'themar, further reducing this "dynamic" amongst the greater blood elf population.
    And I'd like a source for that there is absolutely nothing that would indicate it, even as halduron called on Vereesa during cata, due to most of his rangers being unavailable due to mission they vastly outnumbered the silvercovenant in front of Zul'aman.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria
    Is a void elf.

Alleria
    i repeat - she got unique model because she needed it for plot. Why humans don't have Varian, Turaion or Anduin face? why goblins can't be like Gallywix? Why i can't paint my face as saurfang? Why ne can't be like tyrande or malfurion? Why general BE/"HE" don't look like sylvanas/alleria? Why draenei don't look like Velen or yrel? Why i can't have armor like Thrall? Why forsaken/DK don't look like Nathanos?
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-30 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    you got it man people think that every elf after renaming himself to Blood elf suddnely go to through lazer removal it's really funny.
    Not sure why people keep calling it "tattoos." It's woad -- war paint, just like it is on Highmountain, and yes, on Wildhammer as well. It washes off. They quit using it because they started branding their faces with blood runes instead.

And I'd like a source for that there is absolutely nothing that would indicate it, even as halduron called on Vereesa during cata, due to most of his rangers being unavailable due to mission they vastly outnumbered the silvercovenant in front of Zul'aman.
    He said it would "take too long" to recall them, which obviously is not true because Vereesa was a desperation hail mary and came all the way from Dalaran after he had time to figure out that no one else was going to show up. You could put two and two together and figure out the response from the other lodges.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2018-04-30 at 06:00 PM.

They quit using it because they started branding their faces with blood runes instead.
    They didn't, they pretty much kept going as before.

Deleted
    Wouldn't it be kinda dumb to base a high elf subrace around Alleria's aesthetic, when she no longer identifies as a high elf, but as a void elf? If anything, void elves deserve a few more options to better resemble their faction leader. In fact they're currently the only AR lacking war paint/tattoos/markings.

Not sure why people keep calling it "tattoos." It's woad -- war paint, just like it is on Highmountain, and yes, on Wildhammer as well. It washes off. They quit using it because they started branding their faces with blood runes instead.
    source please? about that they stopped

He said it would "take too long" to recall them, which obviously is not true because Vereesa was a desperation hail mary and came all the way from Dalaran after he had time to figure out that no one else was going to show up. You could put two and two together and figure out the response from the other lodges.
    And still the blood elf farstriders outnumbered the high elven ones, despite most of the blood elves being otherwise occupied.