1. #4741
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Legitimately curious, since the Silver Covenant is often the hinge of why High Elves remain relevant, why hasn't anyone given consideration to the fact that something might happen to Vereesa in the near future (BFA) that may render the Silver Covenant obsolete?

    We are shown a picture of a cloaked "Ranger" style elf laying lifeless next to Sylvanas as Teldrassil burns, and I think it's widely assumed to be Vereesa. As their current leader, how do you guys think that would affect the SC? Is there another full-blooded High Elf to take her place? It's highly doubtful that's Alleria laying on the ground.

    Could that be a viable reason they aren't adding them "at this time"? It would seem plausible.
    The elf on the ground next to Sylvanas at the burning of Teldrassil looks like a Night Elf and is suggested to be the Nigh Elf character in the Night Elf focused short story that comes with BfA's collector's edition. (I forget the character's name at present, she's the one questioning the Forsaken rogue who's been going around killing Sentinel patrols).

  2. #4742
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Legitimately curious, since the Silver Covenant is often the hinge of why High Elves remain relevant, why hasn't anyone given consideration to the fact that something might happen to Vereesa in the near future (BFA) that may render the Silver Covenant obsolete?

    We are shown a picture of a cloaked "Ranger" style elf laying lifeless next to Sylvanas as Teldrassil burns, and I think it's widely assumed to be Vereesa. As their current leader, how do you guys think that would affect the SC? Is there another full-blooded High Elf to take her place? It's highly doubtful that's Alleria laying on the ground.

    Could that be a viable reason they aren't adding them "at this time"? It would seem plausible.
    That theory gained currency with the release of the artwork after Blizzcon, but it is clear that the artwork is part of the Collector's edition short story. The elf in the images is almost certainly the Night Elf female protagonist of the Alliance short story, and seems to depict the end of the story as she dies while Teldrassil burns before her.

    This of course does not mean what you described will not happen. Something may very well happen over the course of BFA. Not for the sake of the high elves of course, whom are a small group used as a story telling prop like SI:7 is.

    No, it will because of the ongoing story with the Windrunner Sisters and the Void Elves.

  3. #4743
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    The one who has trouble hearing others are people like you who do not understand that play a HE in the horde is not what people want.

    Is not fair to someone just come and step on it just because they hate it, have a bit of respect and if you don't like it behave like an educated person and give constructive feedback about why you don't like them, do not flame when others point out flaws in your arguments, it is enought, people will insist in this untill they have a definitive response about the matter, not a: 'The future is open'.

    You are the one making it a war, just look at you and the others like you after the Q&A, you all were throwing shit and acting like total cunts because you believed you have won, is that a mature behavior?

    This is ridiculous, those who come here to flame should feel ashamed of themselves, it's a cancerous behavior, and is just taking the easy way.
    I bolded four parts of your post. I will address each one in order.

    #1. Blizzard, and World of Warcraft, remains a business with creative elements and design. They have the ultimate and final "say-so". Just because Alliance players want something does not automatically mean that it should be given to you. That's not how the real world works in just about any aspect. When you were raised, did you get everything you always wanted? Doubtful. Why should this be any different? They obviously have their reasons for not caving into your personal desires. You don't always get what you want, accept it.

    #2. It's not fair? You want to talk about fairness while denying the model you so desperately want belongs to the Horde? You want to take that model, or slightly modify it, to make it your own? How is that fair to the Horde? I challenge you to explain to me, in detail, how that's fair to OUR faction. No one has done that yet. This just shows you're only thinking of yourself, and the Alliance players, and no one else. You call us immature and cunts, but you're being a selfish, spoiled child when you say things like this.

    #3. Ultimately, there are two sides to this debate. The side against having High Elves on the Alliance did win. Even though you continue to pretend that isn't the case doesn't make us "cunts". Don't pretend for one second you wouldn't have the same elation if High Elves had been given to you. You'd still be in this thread calling us names, acting immaturely, and boasting your victory. Don't play the victim role when you do it so poorly. We can see your true colors by reading between the lines of your many posts. In case you missed it, we did win. There's no illusion or uncertainty there, quit acting like there is.

    #4. No. It's "cancerous" and immature behavior to perpetuate this problem when you've been told no by the Lead Developer, three times. Did you see the freakin' pro-High Elf Discord? That's literally some of most disgusting, bottom-feeding people I have ever seen comment about the game. What has been said in this thread is a FAR CRY from what your peers were saying in their safe space. I guarantee you those people on "my side" of this argument would fade away if you guys didn't keep whining and pretending one man, Ion Hazzikostas, is the super-villain behind your woes. As a collective, their team decided that it's not happening, or it's not the right time. And we're the cancerous immature ones? Do you know what it means to be mature and accept when you have lost a debate? Starting to think you don't.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-05-02 at 04:06 PM.

  4. #4744
    The Lightbringer ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    3,949
    Concept of a high elf "runemancer" (NPC class).


  5. #4745
    Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    AAAAAActually....there were none who kept the high elf name. Maybe if you go by in game events, but per the official lore...which is in Chronicle...as a whole, the high elves changed their name to blood elves. There is NO MENTION at all of "only part of them" or "some"...no, it was all of them. You can't make up your own lore based on opinion or non canon nonsense.
    The writers of Chronicles have said that things not mentioned in Chronicles are still canon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Concept of a high elf "runemancer" (NPC class).

    THAT looks amazing! Yes please. 1000x this.

  6. #4746

  7. #4747
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I bolded four parts of your post. I will address each one in order.

    #1. Blizzard, and World of Warcraft, remains a business with creative elements and design. They have the ultimate and final "say-so". Just because Alliance players want something does not automatically mean that it should be given to you. That's not how the real world works in just about any aspect. When you were raised, did you get everything you always wanted? Doubtful. Why should this be any different? They obviously have their reasons for not caving into your personal desires. You don't always get what you want, accept it.

    #2. It's not fair? You want to talk about fairness while denying the model you so desperately want belongs to the Horde? You want to take that model, or slightly modify it, to make it your own? How is that fair to the Horde? I challenge you to explain to me, in detail, how that's fair to OUR faction. No one has done that yet. This just shows you're only thinking of yourself, and the Alliance players, and no one else. You call us immature and cunts, but you're being a selfish, spoiled child when you say things like this.

    #3. Ultimately, there are two sides to this debate. The side against having High Elves on the Alliance did win. Even though you continue to pretend that isn't the case doesn't make us "cunts". Don't pretend for one second you wouldn't have the same elation if High Elves had been given to you. You'd still be in this thread calling us names, acting immaturely, and boasting your victory. Don't play the victim role when you do it so poorly. We can see your true colors by reading between the lines of your many posts. In case you missed it, we did win. There's no illusion or uncertainty there, quit acting like there is.

    #4. No. It's "cancerous" and immature behavior to perpetuate this problem when you've been told no by the Lead Developer, three times. Did you see the freakin' pro-High Elf Discord? That's literally some of most disgusting, bottom-feeding people I have ever seen comment about the game. What has been said in this thread is a FAR CRY from what your peers were saying in their safe space. I guarantee you those people on "my side" of this argument would fade away if you guys didn't keep whining and pretending one man, Ion Hazzikostas, is the super-villain behind your woes. As a collective, their team decided that it's not happening, or it's not the right time. And we're the cancerous immature ones? Do you know what it means to be mature and accept when you have lost a debate? Starting to think you don't.
    #1.- You are just ignoring that i'm not saying we have to get HE because we want them, i say that they makes sense by many reasons and if Blizzard don't want to do them, they should say that right away or something, no saying that: 'The future is open' and clearly not telling people that the horde is waiting for you and giving weightless reasons such as their populations or little organizations.

    #2.- I talk about fairness in the context of some dudes like you coming to this threads to flame it because is easier to go against this that way, do not turn my words you little prick in the ass

    Is about players wanting HE to be playable, is people against it and stupid blinded people wanting it who transforms this into a faction thing, we are putting the lore on the table, is not that bad to have similar races or same races in two factions, we are not wanting to fucking replicate the entire racelist into the other faction or wtf you are thinking about, the faction wall is not that thin you know?, there's more than simply the aspect of the races, is not my problem that you don't want to understand that.

    #3.- I'm not even going to answer this fondly. Just simple, you don't won nor we didn't win a shit, stuck that in your head and stop trying to transform your own reality into the reality of everyone.

    #4.- What was that 3º time you scream off? is that another bunch of contradicted crap? nvm dude.

    And don't try to pull on that people in me, i'm not in that discord, and you know i disagree with stupid reasoning.

    This is you too who is being cancerous here, just look at your post, you are saying they are in a 'safe space', and don't try to think i'm a fool, i know from where you bring that shit, and that's fall very low in naming others, PC are total fucking trash and you know it, be fair.

    And yes, you are the cancerous and immature ones, who can't accept a fact when it goes against their desires and hold a developer's words as if it were any kind of messiah giving you the final salvation without questioning it while others are just waiting for a developer to say what are they gonna do, even not adding them, but clarify the fucking situation, and the last thing we got was a fucking 'the future is open' and weightless reasoning. Just. Understand. That.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It doesn’t justify High Elves and it doesn’t change the fact that Blizzard doesn’t want them to become playable.
    You don't even want to discuss if you give such a crappy answers, get lost dude.
    Default dancing over the Obelisk of the Kairos's ruins.

  8. #4748
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    You don't even want to discuss if you give such a crappy answers, get lost dude.
    This is a dead topic. It's not worth discussing in detail anymore.

  9. #4749
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    We know that is what some people want. But High Elves on the Horde is the option that is available. You seem to believe that because you have this desire to play an Alliance High Elf it must be accommodated despite the immense negative impact it has on the faction wall.

    A lot of pro High Elf posters dismiss and denigrate the faction wall, but given that the realization of their goal relies upon dismissing and denigrating it, the pro High Elf community cannot be trusted to view the importance of the faction divide objectively.



    Yet the developers have been explicitly clear that they do NOT want to add High Elves. As evidence, the videos from the past six month were the Game Director has addressed the topic and said no. What you really mean by 'last move' is complaining incessantly until they say 'yes'.

    The developers responses are valid.

    Blood Elves are High Elves and the fantasy of playing a High Elf is available in the Horde.

    If you want to play a thalassian elf at odds with Silvermoon and loyal to the Alliance, you can be a Void Elf which has it's own distinct unique flavour.



    Those artworks are unsolicited by Blizzard and are the work of fans who think they can reinvent the wheel. Just because others have done mockups they THINK accomplish that does not mean they are successful.




    And yet the population issue is mentioned every single time with alliance high elves. Maybe they aren't making a mistake and you are the one who is wrong.




    I have given constructive feedback on why this shouldn't happen. What is ridiculous here is that you think this should continue until you receive 'a definitive response'. As we both know, the only definitive response you will accept is 'How stupid of us, the faction wall we built our entire game on isn't worth it. Here, take your Alliance High Elves'. Because what I heard last week was pretty definitive, they ruled out Alliance High Elves, gave the rationale as faction diversity, and said the pale skinned majestic elf is playable on the Horde.

    I have regarded many of the attempts at reimagining High Elves to be different from Blood Elves as nothing more than a fruitless attempt at reinventing the wheel. Ion's comments last week regarding the pale skinned majestic elf being a Horde thing enormously complicate matters for the pro High Elf community. Now you have to reinvent the wheel by trying to make sure it isn't round.




    Well, if the lead developer of the game fully supports your point of view, then that's a victory. The problem isn't my belief I have won, because my point of view did win, but your refusal to accept you have lost.

    Also the irony of complaining about immature behaviour whilst using a personal attack is too delicious an irony to ignore.



    By flaming I assume you mean raining on the pro High Elf parade by pointing out the myriad lore, gameplay and design reasons they are an absolutely terrible idea for a playable race and a gargantuan waste of everyone's time?

    The reasons Blizzard agrees with?
    Yeah so you just assume i have a desire yo play in the alliance, did i have to bring my character list? i did not played alliance ever and i'm not going to do it just for something like HE.

    And that's just you who think i expect just one thing to happen, you should consider how do you see others, that tells a lot about yourself.

    The developers didn't said no, they said we have the horde for such character and that they have no plans for something like this, what seems to fail here is your understanding about what is an allied race and how they see them being implemented, they even said that there could be a time where they add an AR to a faction and just for that faction, a 0%-100%. And yet there are people who still thinks the developers treat this game as a 50-50 thing while complaining about bias...

    May the artworks be unsolicited, but they point out a reality about the fact of HE and BE looking the same: That can be modified and is not a mistery that playable characters get modifications everytime they get added.

    And pse, don't try to make as something repeated a thousand times gets real just by it, the population issue is not an issue, you can't even try to point out why while we have other examples of lower populated races besides VE.

    You are just still trying to make as if HE gets added the concept of faction wall will get like a -5.000 hp or something? are cities going to become more blurred themed? quest hubs confusing? storylines worsened? anything becoming less clear or more complicated to distinguish? You know, while i agree there's a faction wall in the form of concept and playable races, having something similar in the other faction is not going to damage the baseline.

    And by flaming i mean literal flaming, i'm not making mental gymnastics as you want others that disagree with you do to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This is a dead topic. It's not worth discussing in detail anymore.
    You are sure that this topic is dead.

    You are still here complaining nonsense.

    So you are here just to make fun of other people while you ensure your desires the easy way.

    Again, get lost.
    Default dancing over the Obelisk of the Kairos's ruins.

  10. #4750
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,425
    I doubt you reply to me, but I am going to point out bad logic here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    #1. Blizzard, and World of Warcraft, remains a business with creative elements and design. They have the ultimate and final "say-so". Just because Alliance players want something does not automatically mean that it should be given to you. That's not how the real world works in just about any aspect. When you were raised, did you get everything you always wanted? Doubtful. Why should this be any different? They obviously have their reasons for not caving into your personal desires. You don't always get what you want, accept it.
    You are comparing Blizzard to a parent ... not an accurate comparison. A parent's job isn't to give their child something they want. A company needs to appease its consumers or else fail to have any. If enough fans want something, Blizzard will possibly change their stance to suit what their customers need. Definitely change? No, but the argument of "you don't always get what you want" fails when you are paying for something. If all the Alliance players wanted to have playable High Elves, I doubt Blizzard would tell them to "play Horde."

    You should have just stated that "It isn't just as simple as wanting it." That's a stronger argument. Again, you don't seem to understand logic as well as you claim.

    #2. It's not fair? You want to talk about fairness while denying the model you so desperately want belongs to the Horde? You want to take that model, or slightly modify it, to make it your own? How is that fair to the Horde? I challenge you to explain to me, in detail, how that's fair to OUR faction. No one has done that yet. This just shows you're only thinking of yourself, and the Alliance players, and no one else. You call us immature and cunts, but you're being a selfish, spoiled child when you say things like this.
    How was it fair to the Alliance in the first place to give the Horde Blood Elves? We can sit here all day arguing over what is considered fair, but that not going to solve anything. There are times where the Horde is denied something and the Alliance gets and vice versa. Allied races are clearly not about "fairness." Hell, the Horde had one more Race/Class Combo from Cata to WoD than Alliance, did you find that "unfair" to the Alliance? The Draenei were the ONLY race not to get a new Class in Cata ... did you find that "unfair" to the Alliance?

    There are times where one side gets the short end of the stick ... that's going to happen. Being fair to one side doesn't make it fair to both. And I don't see it as unfair to the Horde to give Alliance High Elves, I am a Horde player who plays mainly Blood Elves. So why should the developers meet your definition of "fair" and not someone else's?

    #3. Ultimately, there are two sides to this debate. The side against having High Elves on the Alliance did win. Even though you continue to pretend that isn't the case doesn't make us "cunts". Don't pretend for one second you wouldn't have the same elation if High Elves had been given to you. You'd still be in this thread calling us names, acting immaturely, and boasting your victory. Don't play the victim role when you do it so poorly. We can see your true colors by reading between the lines of your many posts. In case you missed it, we did win. There's no illusion or uncertainty there, quit acting like there is.
    No side won this debate, if you think you "win" a purely subjective debate you are delusional. Even Blizzard hasn't ruled out High Elves in the future, they merely stated "No current plans for the forseeable future." It's not a hard no, but a soft one. They didn't even rule the out for BfA technically speaking ... they are just in the highly improbable not impossible category for BfA and improbable for future Allied Races beyond BfA.

    #4. No. It's "cancerous" and immature behavior to perpetuate this problem when you've been told no by the Lead Developer, three times. Did you see the freakin' pro-High Elf Discord? That's literally some of most disgusting, bottom-feeding people I have ever seen comment about the game. What has been said in this thread is a FAR CRY from what your peers were saying in their safe space. I guarantee you those people on "my side" of this argument would fade away if you guys didn't keep whining and pretending one man, Ion Hazzikostas, is the super-villain behind your woes. As a collective, their team decided that it's not happening, or it's not the right time. And we're the cancerous immature ones? Do you know what it means to be mature and accept when you have lost a debate? Starting to think you don't.
    And you this entire topic have put down everyone who has argued against you ... so what's your point? The people you argue against are worse? That actually makes YOUR behavior completely unacceptable. To use your own logic against you, when you were a kid did you not get punished just because someone else did it too?
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-02 at 09:32 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  11. #4751
    The wheel has turned denial has gone to anger with the high elf fans
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

  12. #4752
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Concept of a high elf "runemancer" (NPC class).

    Love the flowing look of your Runemancer. The draping outfit is amazing, and the highlights look awesome! This has a semi-Greek look that I'm digging. Very different from Blood Elves.

    I was also mulling the idea of a Runemaster NPC class as being covered in Rune stones. This would be great for High Elf NPC guards and heritage armor. As far as lore goes, you could say that High Elf mages are Runemasters, and the signature class for High Elves could become the Monk (as Runemasters).


  13. #4753
    You're not going to point out anything except your glaring inability to use logic either in your favor, or in the proper context. But I'll bite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I doubt you reply to me, but I am going to point out bad logic here.

    You are comparing Blizzard to a parent ... not an accurate comparison. A parent's job isn't to give their child something they want. A company needs to appease its consumers or else fail to have any. If enough fans want something, Blizzard will possibly change their stance to suit what their customers need. Definitely change? No, but the argument of "you don't always get what you want" fails when you are paying for something. If all the Alliance players wanted to have playable High Elves, I doubt Blizzard would tell them to "play Horde."

    You should have just stated that "It isn't just as simple as wanting it." That's a stronger argument. Again, you don't seem to understand logic as well as you claim.
    Perhaps not an apt comparison, but that doesn't change the fact that you don't always get what you want. It's also not a company's job to give in to each whim of its consumer-base, especially when they feel as though the game already contains what people want; i.e. Blood Elves being available to play on the Horde. That's my argument. You keep using this word logic like it's your weapon, and I don't think you know what it means. You fail to accurately use it to your advantage over and over and over. It's really quite amusing.

    Let me repeat myself: You don't always get what you want, even when you're paying for it. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    How was it fair to the Alliance in the first place to give the Horde Blood Elves? We can sit here all day arguing over what is considered fair, but that not going to solve anything. There are times where the Horde is denied something and the Alliance gets and vice versa. Allied races are clearly not about "fairness." Hell, the Horde had one more Race/Class Combo from Cata to WoD than Alliance, did you find that "unfair" to the Alliance? The Draenei were the ONLY race not to get a new Class in Cata ... did you find that "unfair" to the Alliance?

    There are times where one side gets the short end of the stick ... that's going to happen. Being fair to one side doesn't make it fair to both. And I don't see it as unfair to the Horde to give Alliance High Elves, I am a Horde player who plays mainly Blood Elves. So why should the developers meet your definition of "fair" and not someone else's?
    How was it fair? Because that's how the story was written. That's how the game was designed. The lore dictated that 99% of High Elves converted to being Blood Elves, and through various injustices, they joined the Horde. Is that automatically unfair in your mind? I don't have the victim mentality, but don't get me wrong, taking a race the Horde has had for 10+ years and giving it to the Alliance players purely because they want isn't exactly an upstanding thing to do. But you wouldn't know much about that, you don't think faction identity is real. We're settled on that matter, and I don't expect you to understand. All things shouldn't be fair, the same way you don't always get what you want. That's life. But when someone proposes it isn't fair that they don't get them without consideration to who it would affect if they did get them, I'll happily throw that word back at them. Besides, they can always play Horde. It's not Blizzard's fault they're too proud of their Alliance faction identity to play the opposite faction, now is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No side won this debate, if you think you "win" a purely subjective debate you are delusional. Even Blizzard hasn't ruled out High Elves in the future, they merely stated "No current plans for the forseeable future." It's not a hard no, but a soft one. They didn't even rule the out for BfA technically speaking ... they are just in the highly improbable not impossible category for BfA and improbable for future Allied Races beyond BfA.
    Except... we did win. I don't see the High Elves being given to the Alliance any time soon. Chalk that one up to a victory, ladies and gentlemen. I myself didn't win, but Blizzard ruled in my favor. For me, that's a W. Sorry you disagree. It's almost like you disagree with everything I say because of a personal vendetta you have against me. Hmm... curious, indeed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And you this entire topic have put down everyone who has argued against you ... so what's your point? The people you argue against are worse? That actually makes YOUR behavior completely unacceptable. To use your own logic against you, when you were a kid did you not get punished just because someone else did it too?
    You're in no place to judge my behavior. Apply to be a moderator if you want to deem my words acceptable or not. Until then, feel free to speak your opinion about me or ignore me. But you passing judgement on my statements in this thread is about as inconsequential as a breadcrumb under my boot.

    How does punishing me for an eye-for-eye style behavior line up with your "logic" about my comparison to not getting everything you want in life? You realize there's no logic in telling me I have put down everyone I've argued against while you continue to put me down and make lame arguments against everyone you disagree with, right? Your vendetta against me is really growing stale. You need new material, or just stop. I recommend the latter.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-05-02 at 10:41 PM.

  14. #4754
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    The wheel has turned denial has gone to anger with the high elf fans
    they never pass the stages of anger and denial, thats sad

  15. #4755
    Pandaren Monk Melsiren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they never pass the stages of anger and denial, thats sad
    I would not fully say that some people have accepted it... for now.

    At this point there seems to be 3 types of HE fans.

    Type 1 which wants them but accepts the blizzards current answer.

    Type 2 that feels the answer is wrong and nothing will convince them other wise.

    And type 3 who think that in the end the cash cow will win out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

  16. #4756
    Titan Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Posts
    13,708
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Also possible he just gave a tone-deaf reply. Since neither way can be proven sort of means both possibilities are valid? Feel free to disagree
    Considered how Ion addressed the main, painfully obvious point, I say he indeed focused on the substance rather than the noise around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

  17. #4757
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    I would not fully say that some people have accepted it... for now.

    At this point there seems to be 3 types of HE fans.

    Type 1 which wants them but accepts the blizzards current answer.

    Type 2 that feels the answer is wrong and nothing will convince them other wise.

    And type 3 who think that in the end the cash cow will win out.
    You forgot number 4, the HE fan that accepted Belf = Helf and is fine with it but also wants to keep the discussion going because the tears are too entertaining to give up.

  18. #4758
    Pandaren Monk Melsiren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    You forgot number 4, the HE fan that accepted Belf = Helf and is fine with it but also wants to keep the discussion going because the tears are too entertaining to give up.
    Oh right, how could I forget the people who were drawn to this never ending salt mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

  19. #4759
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    You're not going to point out anything except your glaring inability to use logic either in your favor, or in the proper context. But I'll bite.
    Because your assumption of what I am arguing, you can't follow the clear logic. Actually read and respond to what is said not what you expect is said.

    Perhaps not an apt comparison, but that doesn't change the fact that you don't always get what you want. It's also not a company's job to give in to each whim of its consumer-base, especially when they feel as though the game already contains what people want; i.e. Blood Elves being available to play on the Horde. That's my argument. You keep using this word logic like it's your weapon, and I don't think you know what it means. You fail to accurately use it to your advantage over and over and over. It's really quite amusing.

    Let me repeat myself: You don't always get what you want, even when you're paying for it. Period.
    I am better than you at it and that's really all that matters. Except a game that depends on a player base doesn't do well by alienating part of that base and belittling their feelings. It is pointing out that you are oversimplifying the situation.


    How was it fair? Because that's how the story was written. That's how the game was designed. The lore dictated that 99% of High Elves converted to being Blood Elves, and through various injustices, they joined the Horde. Is that automatically unfair in your mind? I don't have the victim mentality, but don't get me wrong, taking a race the Horde has had for 10+ years and giving it to the Alliance players purely because they want isn't exactly an upstanding thing to do. But you wouldn't know much about that, you don't think faction identity is real. We're settled on that matter, and I don't expect you to understand. All things shouldn't be fair, the same way you don't always get what you want. That's life. But when someone proposes it isn't fair that they don't get them without consideration to who it would affect if they did get them, I'll happily throw that word back at them. Besides, they can always play Horde. It's not Blizzard's fault they're too proud of their Alliance faction identity to play the opposite faction, now is it?
    That doesn't make it "fair." You are confusing fact with fair. Facts don't need to be fair. Just because something is "Factual" doesn't make it fair. You seem not to actually address any argument pose to you but rather just put down those that argue against you asserting YOUR superiority in your stance. So again, how is it "fair" to the Alliance to have given Blood Elves to the Horde? Saying "that's how it was written" doesn't answer the question asked. It is like you asking "How is it fair I don't have a toy?" and I answer "Because I gave it to someone else." It doesn't actually answer the question. I could ask you "How is it unfair to the Horde to give Alliance High Elves?" and you answer because "Horde had Blood elves first" (essentially that's the answer or Horde had them first) ... that doesn't make it unfair.

    The reason I stated faction identity doesn't exist is the only "evidence" of the existence is Blizzard's claim it does. When I play the game, I don't feel different playing Alliance or Horde. Just because they "look" different doesn't make them actually different. That's faction "appearance" not faction "identity" ... it is like saying my identity is red because I have a red shirt on.

    Except... we did win. I don't see the High Elves being given to the Alliance any time soon. Chalk that one up to a victory, ladies and gentlemen. I myself didn't win, but Blizzard ruled in my favor. For me, that's a W. Sorry you disagree. It's almost like you disagree with everything I say because of a personal vendetta you have against me. Hmm... curious, indeed.
    I honestly don't. I just don't like people I call "peacocks" ... all flash, no substance in their arguments.

    You're in no place to judge my behavior. Apply to be a moderator if you want to deem my words acceptable or not. Until then, feel free to speak your opinion about me or ignore me. But you passing judgement on my statements in this thread is about as inconsequential as a breadcrumb under my boot.

    How does punishing me for an eye-for-eye style behavior line up with your "logic" about my comparison to not getting everything you want in life? You realize there's no logic in telling me I have put down everyone I've argued against while you continue to put me down and make lame arguments against everyone you disagree with, right? Your vendetta against me is really growing stale. You need new material, or just stop. I recommend the latter.
    So you get to do it and I have to accept it and not comment, but you feel you are in a position to comment on mine? I didn't start putting you down until you shown no desire but to put me down. You started it, I treating you as you have treated me. I have no vendetta against you, but I will be damned if I let your ignorance go unchallenged.

    Notice how I reply to you, I actually address what you stated ... you don't care to because in your mind you "won" and don't actually care for "debate." You don't care to actually have the argument because no argument will convince you. Even in this topic, I admitted on the Void Elf Tentacles I see how people call them that, I just don't seem them as tentacles ... I admit that I understand the opposing side, you haven't done that.

    I am sorry, the only "vendetta" here is you against people who want Helves and I am not letting you have free range against them. Also, given that I have had people tell me your behavior is similar in other topics ... I don't think the problem is with me.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-02 at 11:48 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  20. #4760
    You High Elfers aren't looking at this from a marketing stand point. If alliance gets High Elves then the Horde must get a counter part. The alliance would essentially get a copy paste of a Horde race while the Horde gets a new skin of an existing race??? Not to mention the fact that you already got Thalasian elves with Velves.

    Don't tell me some BS reason that Helves would be different than belves because they're more wild, don't have access to the sunwell or w/e. Tattoos also don't count as they're not a physiological difference. Kul'Tirans being humans is also not en excuse as Kul'Tirans are physically different from regular humans due to their environment and life style.

    So I ask you again, how could you possible justify snubbing the alliance with nothing original while the horde at least gets a new skin for an Allied race.

    If Kael'thas never named changed his race then this whole debate would have no traction.
    Last edited by Varx; 2018-05-02 at 11:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •