Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm a bit lost on the lore here. How does this name change point towards High Elves being more likely to be added?
    It doesn't but it is an interesting change.

Auric Sunchaser is/was the leader of the Alliance Expedition High Elves in Allerian Stronghold on Outland. The last time we saw him was during the Quel'dellar quest-line as representative of the Alliance High-Elves.

Of course it could be a reference to another Auric.

Give him something to do if Jaina's off becoming Lord Admiral or whatever. Plus if I recall, Auric wasn't part of the Silver Covent, but was Alleria's second in command on Draenor, and thus in charge of her remaining forces in Outland. Those troops should have come home by now. In fact, Outlands, to be honest, should be evacuated if at all possible of all friendly species and the portal closed. Yes we lose Nagrand.....but its a dead world. An we have access to a living Draenor anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit lost on the lore here. How does this name change point towards High Elves being more likely to be added?
    Auric is a HE npc. Annd alliance affiliated

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Seems like the mods on the US forums have had enough and have deleted all extraneous High Elf threads, consolidating all discussion into one topic.

Now I mention this because it's very important people don't get the wrong impression from a community manager managing the community and seeing in this act proof that High Elves are being planned even as we speak.

Because that would just be silly.

In a way it feels like the entire thing has been brought full-circle, since I think they were trying that originally before they started leaking and maurading into other threads. At least I don't think they'll be able to get away with that now after this move.

I wonder how many times they'll talk about the races racial abilities. Its kinda creepy to imagine that just going into perpetuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Got a couple more female hairstyles done.

Those are nice!

What i honestly liked most were the tattoos.
    They are awesome!

You should try and do more face and body ranger painting for male and female elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    To add a bit of fuel to the flame, Jaina's Angels have been renamed to Auric's Angels, so hopefully we'll see him around in BfA.
    he look exactly like a deathknight rofl

btw, this is jutto show that the team working on npcs/quests are not the same who actually take decisions

is like the stonetalon mountains all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Seems like the mods on the US forums have had enough and have deleted all extraneous High Elf threads, consolidating all discussion into one topic.

Now I mention this because it's very important people don't get the wrong impression from a community manager managing the community and seeing in this act proof that High Elves are being planned even as we speak.

Because that would just be silly.
    It's simply easier to ignore one topic than it is to ignore a forum full of them.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

5+ Year Old Account
    To add a bit of fuel to the flame, Jaina's Angels have been renamed to Auric's Angels, so hopefully we'll see him around in BfA.

Even this NPC is not that important, but it just shows that Blizzard is aware of the HE being part of the alliance.

It had it's eyes green back then, but got changed, i remember some dudes mocking at that...

I mean, even having that color we knew that NPC was alliance, but K.

I'll have fun in B4A killing this dude, and i hope i can kill HE players someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he look exactly like a deathknight rofl

btw, this is jutto show that the team working on npcs/quests are not the same who actually take decisions

is like the stonetalon mountains all over again
    He looks like a death knight because they are trying to workaround the high elf/dark ranger bug with their eyes still having a green glow. But the name is the more important part than fixing his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Not the first thing they did.

1) They stole troll lands
    2) they stole troll enchants
    3) they stole magic hammer from Amani blacksmiths because he made better weapons

So it's a natural step lol.
    I wouldn't get too defensive of a race built on black stereotypes. Where's the beads, buckskins, shrunken heads, loincloths, and bones?

10+ Year Old Account
    He looks like a death knight because they are trying to workaround the high elf/dark ranger bug with their eyes still having a green glow. But the name is the more important part than fixing his eyes.
    In light of last week's emphatic ruling out of a playable High Elf race...other than the one that already exists...this means nothing beyond being a small fan pleasing reference.

Or have we already reached that traditional pro High Elf stage of denial; 'he said that ages ago so it doesn't count anymore'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Even this NPC is not that important, but it just shows that Blizzard is aware of the HE being part of the alliance.

It had it's eyes green back then, but got changed, i remember some dudes mocking at that...

I mean, even having that color we knew that NPC was alliance, but K.

I'll have fun in B4A killing this dude, and i hope i can kill HE players someday.
    Seems like Blizzard is trolling us again and again.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Are the other two "angels" still humans?
    I mean, it made sense when they were Jaina's Angels, as she's a human with a strong relation with the Silver Covenant.
    But now it's named after a high elf. So...
    Whatever...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I mean, it made sense when they were Jaina's Angels, as she's a human with a strong relation with the Silver Covenant.
    And why does Auric have three shirtless men calling themselves his angels?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Maybe he's into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because:

Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    Maybe he's into it.
    But seriously, I liked "Jaina's Angels" more.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I wonder what is the purpose of the name change? And they fixed his green eyes to blue to show it's a High Elf. Maybe it's just a call-back and nothing more? Auric hasn't been used since Wrath so it would be very interesting to see what happens here, since his contingent of High Elves are separate from the Silver Covenant themselves.

EDIT: Anyways, this is the High Elf stuff I meant before of looking forward to in BfA. It's nice to see their references, even if not playable.

Removing the blood elf eye glow is a matter of selecting the right set of earrings, the first being player accessible and having the green glow, and the second being identical but without any glow. It seems they chose to just give Seraphi the DK eyes.

Plate armor design. Might have overdesigned it a bit.

Little late to the show, but this is my favorite High Elf artwork I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It's always been a human, a high elf, and a night elf. The change is likely due to Jaina taking on a more Kul Tiran role by the end of the War Campaign, so they gave them a more appropriate idol.