Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    The simplest solution, all round, is to accept that High Elfs are unlikely to get the Blood Elf skeleton and to accept the likelihood that they will need a new rig. We can see an example of a High Elf with a Night Elf skeleton with Nozdormu so we know that works. And if that route is chosen, there is no need for warpaints. New hairstyles would be the norm anyway, and eye colour would be hidden by the eye glow....which would interfere with the concept of warpaint anyway.
    Oh man, I would LOVE if playable Quel'dorei were based on the Nozdormu model. It's worth noting that there are already five different Quel'Thalas elf models in game that aren't based on Belves. While I'm a fan of Warcraft High Elves conceptually, I much prefer Nozdormu and the Silvermoon Guard over standard Belves and their douchey slouch.

Ideally, I would see Helfs with slimmer males, more filled-out females, symmetrical postures, and faces that weren't stuck in sneers. I'm still a big fan of the warpaints, though.

I don't know how feasible something like that would be in terms of animation, but the game already supports many options for High Elves that look nothing like Blood Elves (if that is, indeed, the reason they haven't implemented them yet).

Alliance players have been forever rubbishing Horde claims that you just wanted the pretty model. Yet...here you are. Insisting that High Elfs should keep the Blood Elf model.
    Been playing since Alpha, but never really been on the forums except on the very rare occasion. Too toxic. So I have no idea what other people have or haven't been asking for. I want the model and the lore. Do I want it because it's "pretty"? Nope, I want it because it looks like a High Elf. If we just wanted a pretty model, we'd be demanding new human variations that look pretty, which Blizz most certainly could do.

The Night Elves look great for their race (a halfway monstrous creature that haunts the forest) but it doesn't fit High Elves at all. They look halfway like Trolls, which makes sense because of lore. And the humans are WAY too bulky for High Elves. Those skeletons just don't fit High Elves. I remember back in Vanilla, seeing those "High Elves" that were built off the Night Elf skeleton... and they looked hideous. It was like they got beat every morning for breakfast. No thank you.

But if this issue is as important to Blizzard as some suggest, then you will not get High Elfs with the Blood Elf skeleton.
    I don't think the skeleton is the issue at all, or we wouldn't have Void Elves. All Allied Races are duplicated skeletons anyway. If that was the issue, Blizzard wouldn't be making Allied Races. The issue is theme, and up to now, the High Elves haven't had one.
    Last edited by Traycor; 2018-03-14 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    UPDATE: Wonderful heritage armor design by @Jokubas! This is what a Quel'dorei should look like!

UPDATE: These are "Bird Style" hairdos that fit the one Blood Elf hairstyle of this type we have in game. These are less "out there" than the 80's hair and might fit better with the style of the game.

Post YOUR design ideas! So far, the biggest roadblock to adding High Elves as an allied race seems to be their lack of distinction from Blood elves. This is a thread for brainstorming design options that could set them apart. I looked back at the Warcraft II concepts and in game characters, and here is what I came up with.

The last thing I was thinking of adding was the option for some faces to have Battle Scars! High Elves have been constantly on the move with no city of their own, fighting for every scrap of ground and constantly struggling to survive. These are subtle enough to not be distracting and give a slight variation from the oh-so-pretty Blood Elves.

High Elves are, by their nature, fundamentalists/traditionalists. These older designs highlight the survivalist, nomadic lifestyle the Silver Covenant has been forced to adopt. Blood Elves are pampered, high society types that rely heavily on magic. By contrast, the High Elves would seem more "primitive" or back to basics. Plus, all these design changes fit right in with established lore, as seen in the examples.

Heritage Armor: They could have something with a Ranger feel, as all elves back in the WC2 era were designed to look like rangers no matter what their class was (all franchises were this way). Play up their paramilitary feel. Use a head piece that does not obstruct the hair/war paint such as a headband, tiara, or thrown-back hood.

Should Quel'Dorei use the pale blue hypogryphs, or should they use dragonhawks like those they raise at Quel'danil Lodge? Or something entirely different? Ground mount idea:

What are your ideas? What unique design elements could be added to Silver Covenant High Elves to make them stand out?

Thread Suggestions So Far:
    New standing animation
    Different facial expression
    New eye colors (purple, gold, yellow, white)
    Wild, unkempt or messy hair
    Jungle/forest hair
    Tabard with Unicorn Design
    Ear Variation (maybe with scars?)

Racial Ability Ideas:
    Perfect Shot: Increase attack range by 3-5 yards.
    On The Move: Increases flight path speed by 10%.
    Perception: Increases your stealth detection.
    Nimble Feet: Increases your Agility by X (scales with level).
    Troll Bane: Experience gains from killing trolls increased by 20%.
    You're A Natural: Herbalisim skill increased by 15.
    - An ability similar to Hunter Disengage?
    Runestone: Create a field that lowers aggro within. (Based on the elven runestones that dampened the trace their magic left so they were harder for dark forces to detect.)
    Battle Magic: Attacks have a chance to do bonus Arcane damage. (Inspired by the war mage artwork.)
    Covenant Beacon: Party members can use the beacon to return to their Hearthstone location. (Just based on the Kirin Tor Beacon from the Isle of Thunder.)
    Arcane Guidance: Increases resource regeneration for the party. (Inspired by the high elves having taught the humans magic.)
    Territorial: Gain increased experience from Alliance-exclusive quests. (Inspired by the Troll Wars).
    Exile's Meditation: Channel this ability to quickly regenerate hp, mana/energy/rage, and remove debuffs (can only be used if out of combat for X seconds). In their years cut off from the Sunwell, Quel'dorei learned to quell their magical needs with rigid mental discipline. They can still employ such meditation.
    Self-Preservation: Escape to hearthstone-bound location when under 10% health (channeled cast). As the remnants of an endangered race, every High Elf learns when to retreat to battle another day. (This is probably sorta useless, but I like the idea of Helfs making tactical retreats)
    Arcane Exploits: Chance for extra materials from milling and disenchanting. The Quel'dorei have always been gifted in the arcane. This knowledge gives them a natural, practical advantage when pursuing mystic disciplines. (As a sort of counterpart to Belf Enchanting bonus)
    Vengeful: Chance to do extra damage against trolls, orcs, undead, and blood elves. A High Elf never forgets a grudge. They see these races as responsible for the betrayal/loss of their kingdom, which can stoke them to a rage.

UPDATE: Wild new armor set

Druid forms:
    Bear - Polar Bear
    Cat - Siberian/Amur Tiger
    Balance - Botani
    Tree - Crystalline Keeper
    Travel - GyrFalcon or Snowy Owl; Snow leopard
    To be honest I wouldn't even mind! I'd play the heck out of this race

Much respect for the work.

The concept alone looks quite a bit more different than what they did with Nightborne and Night Elves. Much better thought out than the Void Elves in my opinion.

The game is seriously missing that fantasy High Elf Ranger feel that fights next to humans against orcs.

You are not giving those peasants druids without giving the Blood Elves first!
    That s some good work tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Larodar View Post
    Nice work, they look like a candidate for ally side druids.
    I think so too. It fits them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindothyx View Post
    Much respect for the work.

The concept alone looks quite a bit more different than what they did with Nightborne and Night Elves. Much better thought out than the Void Elves in my opinion.

The game is seriously missing that fantasy High Elf Ranger feel that fights next to humans against orcs.
    Appreciate the vote of confidence. There's been a lot of positive feedback in the thread and a lot of good constructive criticism.

I was thinking about @KyrtF 's suggestions for classes and thought of a wild idea that might make players mad, but it's worth thinking about. Only give the High Elves 3 classes: Hunter, Rogue, & Druid. Hunter and Rogue would be Rangers, and the Druid would be a Ranger Druid. Let them do some opening quest line to earn the title so it could be Ranger Name as they ran around, or Ranger Druid Name. Include a racial or two that gives them an extra ranger-feel or ranger ability and you're good to go. I've always wanted to main a High Elf Mage, so I know some people would not be on board with that idea, but it is a way to give them a focus and a scope. Just throwing it out there.

Here's a more subtle design to go along with it.
    NAILED it. I know this style is going to have a lot of detractors, but I'm blown away by the creativity. This is the sort of armor set that, by itself, can define a race's ability to roll certain classes. I can believe an elf can be a Shaman. I couldn't really do that before.

Granted, I don't know if i would want this as the Heritage armor, but I think something like this definitely has a place as a Warfront set or something to that effect.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Great post OP, some great ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Sindothyx View Post

Definitely. I've talked about this in other threads before. The down-to-eath ranger Elves from WC2 disapeared and were replaced by the more pompous and regal Elves in game. Granted from a game perspective, NE now filled that niche somewhat, but it does mean the old WC2 Elves disapered and could make a comeback. All the post here seems based on WC2 art.

(Speaking of WC2, I wish Troll hunters could equip axes instead of a bow and throw them at the enemey instead of shooting/firing)

Also, I feel Silver Covenant has too many ties to the game already with a specific look. I'd call the playable faction "Rangers of Northeron" or something, and they can start in that unused Northern Lordaeron zone.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-03-15 at 04:29 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

So, there's been a lot of discussion about the visual palette, but I'm curious - how would y'all see Quel'dorei actually introduced as an allied race?

In my mind, the story would cover the unification of the separate High Elf organizations into a unified front. You've got Highvale, you've got the Silver Covenant, you've got the Allerians, you've got Jaina's Angels (Theramore survivors?), and all the other elves living independently - and really only the Silver Covenant participates regularly in Alliance maneuvers. I could see Vereesa setting out to bring all these other groups back into the fold, possibly facing resistance from those who value independence or are disgusted at the presence of Ren'dorei in the Alliance.

An interesting catalyst could be, given the Horde's 'total war' approach to the conflict (at least, that seems implied in datamined text), if Silvermoon cuts off the disloyal from the Sunwell. Rommath takes a more overtly villainous role (maybe he tries to use some Nightborne WMD against Quel'Danil), and the collective Quel'dorei rally in response, vowing to retake Silvermoon and liberate its citizens from its corrupt, Sunstrider-installed rulers.

..that's maybe a bit boring. I'm sure y'all have much better ideas than this dumb thing.

Been playing since Alpha, but never really been on the forums except on the very rare occasion. Too toxic. So I have no idea what other people have or haven't been asking for. I want the model and the lore. Do I want it because it's "pretty"? Nope, I want it because it looks like a High Elf.
    And if High Elfs use the Night Elf model, then they will look like High Elfs. Because that is what High Elfs would look like.

Just as Zandalari are still Trolls.
    Just as straightback Orcs are Orcs
    Just as KulTirans are still human

The model is disposable. The question is....suppose I am right. Forget about whether you agree or disagree that Blizzard has a problem with effectively recreating Blood Elfs on the Alliance side.

Whether or not you think such a position is reasonable or fair, just suppose that is the case.

Are you prepared to surrender the Blood Elf skeleton, prepared to see High Elfs use a modified Night Elf rig in order to see High Elfs on the Alliance side?

I believe plenty of Alliance players are willing to make that sacrifice.

But are you?

If we just wanted a pretty model, we'd be demanding new human variations that look pretty, which Blizz most certainly could do.
    It's what you are doing now, by insisting on the Blood Elf model. Nozdormu is very recognisable as a High Elf..he has the skin tone of a High Elf, he has the ear structure of a High Elf, he has the eye glow of a High Elf. The skeleton itself will come with different animations, different customizations (which may include tattoos and face paint) and may even receive small tweaks.

Nozdormu looks like a High Elf just like a Mogu looks like a Mogu despite using the Draenei rig, just like a Zandalari looks like a Zandalari despite using the Night Elf rig and so on.

Are you prepared to lose the Blood Elf skeleton to bring High Elfs to the Alliance?

Because I can see the excuse that Blizzard doesn't want to recreate the Blood Elfs on the Alliance side, doesn't want to turn the Blood Elfs into a neutral race a la Pandarens as the only possible excuse left for denying High Elfs.

Because even Void Elfs look different, especially in combat with their proposed Void Form.

I remember back in Vanilla, seeing those "High Elves" that were built off the Night Elf skeleton... and they looked hideous. It was like they got beat every morning for breakfast. No thank you.
    You also seem to be confusing skeleton and rig with skin, and you think that because Blizzard made a low res High Elf skin for an NPC race in Vanilla that a player race would receive the same lack of care today.

How can I put it?

If Blizzard gave us the High Elfs as you suggest, then Blood Elfs will effectively become a Neutral Race a la the Pandaren. There'll be differences just like those that exist between the Tushui and Houjin but they'll also be minor.

I don't see Blizzard turning Blood Elfs into a de facto neutral race, especially since Void Elfs are supposedly going to gain differences. Their story and existing set up already create a different factional identity and that will only increase.

High Elfs need the same consideration...not only because of Blood Elf sensibilities but also because they too need their own in game identity. They cannot be seen as Blue Eyed Blood Elfs just as Blood Elfs cannot be seen as Green Eyed High Elfs.

Pandaren were created as a neutral race...Blood Elfs were not.

So it comes down to the question...would you sacrifice the Blood Elf model to gain Alliance High Elfs?

Because whether or not you or I think such an objection is reasonable or fair is irrelevant. Only whether Blizzard does. Changing the model in a very visible manner changes that. Is one step of changing that.

A model need only be recognisable as a High Elf to be acceptable. With skin tones, ear placement, a blue eye glow, suitable tweaks to the skeleton including the possibility of resizing it...recognisable as a High Elf it would be.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/3343...87465581988782

Think of this on a High Elf, with a Gladius and suitable leggings and boots.

I don't think the skeleton is the issue at all, or we wouldn't have Void Elves.
    By itself? No. As you said yourself....its the entire package. Blizzard aren't even going to let Void Elfs remain untweaked. I can't see High Elfs being any different.

Let's try yet another tack.

If Blizzard really don't care, they aren't likely to change the model.
    I they do care, the model is one of the easiest aspects they can change, and one that would provide an immediate difference and one that would provide an big difference for minimal cost.

If this issue is important, then the model will need to change.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2018-03-15 at 09:10 AM.

Wouldnt mind this if they did this isntead of void elves...
    Really dont like void elves on principle, they are just edgier high elves, and they infringe far too much on shadow priest territory.

All that aside, I suppose horde could swap these for darkfallen? which i imagine would be wildly popular due to the sylvanas lust, and im certain that the #neverelfs crowd would put these on their ignore list while the #onlyelves crowd would have to split from one of the other elf races...

Surprised at the effort put in for this, digging up that warcraft II nostalgia was a cheap shot, well done though. Honestly didnt understand why the silver covenant was such a popular thread, mistook it for silver hand -_-

Personally i just want high elves in the alliance, partially because i think thats where they always belonged, partially to siphon out some of the horde elf pop, and partially because i want there to be an alliance foil to the hordes blood elves. void elves do a shit job at this since they just come off as edgier blood elves (ugh really? edgier than a race called 'blood elf'?) but high elves or silver covenant would do a great job at being the alliance version of blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    ...that's maybe a bit boring. I'm sure y'all have much better ideas than this dumb thing.
    I suggested starting off with a time travel quest that resulted in targetted individuals being saved or killed to enact a ripple effect that would see High Elf numbers increase with minimal additional dusruption.

The various groupings would remain separate and antagonistic to each other.

The Highvale High Elfs would be the player body. It would be the main grouping, isolationst, militaristic and defensive. Its made up of most of the surving High Elfs....those who accompanied Alleria but didn't get to Outland. Soldiers and scouts and guards and mercs, merchants and diplomats, travellers and adventurers. Those who argued against Kael'thas and were exiled. Those who were lucky enough to escape by land, air or sea. People who were young, tough and skilled and more outgoing and accepting of other races, less arrogant, than the typical High Elf. Since the Scourge, they've pulled back to various lodges and are focussed on survival. They have a real grudge against the Blood Elfs snd Forsaken and don't overly care for the Alliance. Key defining point....they've pulled back from.Magic and the Light, believe their ancestors were wrong to ignore the Night Elf warnings and embraced Druidism and Shamanism.

Available classes....Warrior, Rogue, Druid, Shaman, Hunter (Eagle). Monk and Demon Hunters are possible.

Second grouping...Silver Covenant. Formed from those who advocate direct action and support of the Alliance, this group has not abandoned magic or embraced nature, but strives to continue the traditions of Silvermoon. The other High Elfs see them as erratic, unstable and somewhat of a bunch of fanatics.

Not available to players at the start. Once/If available to players, will open up the Paladin and Priest classes. Defining characteristic:Yellow eye glow

Third group: The Darkfallen. Those High Elfs who accompanied Kael'thas to Northrend and fell there. Freed from the Geas of Loyalty, they are returning home, choosing to settle with the High Elfs. They guard the High Elf settlements and enforce peace between the Silver Covenant and Highvale groupings

Possibly available to players at the start. Available classes...Death Knights and possibly Warlocks. Defining characteristic....red eye glow

Fourth grouping....Allerian High Elfs. That army that decided to accompany Alleria to Outland. Most advocate for the Alliance and have a grudge against Silvermoon for embracing the same Horde which they have been fighting for years. Like the Silver Covenant, they embrace the traditional mores of Silvermoon. Like Highvale, they see the Silver Covenant as a bunch of fanatics bent upon mindless vengeance but see Highvales retreat from magic and the Light as an understandable overreaction.

Not playable, but members may "join" another grouping.

High Elfs are based at Quel'Lithien, Quel'Danil and the Farstriders Lodge, with additional populations in Outland, Stormwind, Aerie Peak and Boralus. Attempts to set up a home near Darnassus failed.

These groups would not be unified, would even be antagonistic towards each other, but also see the need to cooperate to ensure mutual survival. They would be led by Viceroy Hawkspear, and a Council/Senate with leaders from each group, possibly including Jalinde Summerdrake, one of the San'layn Princes or Koltira, Auric Sunchaser and Arator Windrunner, angry over the possible death of his aunt.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2018-03-15 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Why would they join the void elves? They have been allied to the alliance and dalaran for ages now and made a point of not falling to corruption. Them becoming void elves makes no sense.
    Dalaran has just completely recused itself from faction politics while the Silver Covenant most assuredly has not. Seeing their Ranger-General fall, while Alleria and the Void Elves stand tall and even prosper they turn to them and adopted the powers of the Void themselves and end the idea of a meaningful population of Void Elves with a lot more grace than they have used to kill off other established options this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    So, there's been a lot of discussion about the visual palette, but I'm curious - how would y'all see Quel'dorei actually introduced as an allied race?

In my mind, the story would cover the unification of the separate High Elf organizations into a unified front. You've got Highvale, you've got the Silver Covenant, you've got the Allerians, you've got Jaina's Angels (Theramore survivors?), and all the other elves living independently - and really only the Silver Covenant participates regularly in Alliance maneuvers. I could see Vereesa setting out to bring all these other groups back into the fold, possibly facing resistance from those who value independence or are disgusted at the presence of Ren'dorei in the Alliance.

An interesting catalyst could be, given the Horde's 'total war' approach to the conflict (at least, that seems implied in datamined text), if Silvermoon cuts off the disloyal from the Sunwell. Rommath takes a more overtly villainous role (maybe he tries to use some Nightborne WMD against Quel'Danil), and the collective Quel'dorei rally in response, vowing to retake Silvermoon and liberate its citizens from its corrupt, Sunstrider-installed rulers.

..that's maybe a bit boring. I'm sure y'all have much better ideas than this dumb thing.
    It's a great start. I like the idea that the High Elves (or maybe some specific character) have been working on a way to restore the undead ghouls to life. They've been quietly pouring resources into this behind the scenes. Now you, as the character, go into the scar or the plague lands and you quest around turning ghouls back into High Elves, bolstering their numbers.

To your idea: The cleansing of the undead and the reunifying of the various High Elf factions would go hand in hand as part of the mission to restore the High Elves.

Or they could have Farodin come back from Suramar, get together with the Highborne from Eldre'thalas and grow an entire orchard of Arcandors, and transform all the Wretched in west Silvermoon into a new army overnight. IF the writing called for higher numbers, which as we've seen with Void Elves and Lightforged (and, let's be honest here, Highmountain "too few to keep a kobold out" Tauren), is not necessarily the case.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Or they could have Farodin come back from Suramar, get together with the Highborne from Eldre'thalas and grow an entire orchard of Arcandors, and transform all the Wretched in west Silvermoon into a new army overnight. IF the writing called for higher numbers, which as we've seen with Void Elves and Lightforged (and, let's be honest here, Highmountain "too few to keep a kobold out" Tauren), is not necessarily the case.
    That works too! OR we could do some timewalking and Play in the scar, saving High Elves before Arthas can wipe them out. That would be a fun scenario running from the lich king and saving who you can, sending them to the present time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I'd call the playable faction "Rangers of Northeron" or something, and they can start in that unused Northern Lordaeron zone.
    Using Northeron would be great! Maybe they could say that some High Elves have been hidden there using the same runestone shielding that kept everyone out of Silvermoon. That has the potential for both Alliance and Horde content. The Blood Elves want to know what's happening on their doorstep and go to investigate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    NAILED it. I know this style is going to have a lot of detractors, but I'm blown away by the creativity. This is the sort of armor set that, by itself, can define a race's ability to roll certain classes. I can believe an elf can be a Shaman. I couldn't really do that before.

Here is a New Theme Idea:

High Elves could make a pact with the Blue Dragon Flight to heal them of their magic addiction. The dragon flights always favor High Elves, so it makes sense. Druids for High Elves could then be a sort of arcane druid with shape change forms that look like dragon kind.

Bear Form: 4 legged dragon-beast (like a blue dragon). Think core hound with a dragon head.
    Cat Form: A sleeker, more serpentine dragon creature.
    Other Forms: etc... who wouldn't love playing a class that can transform into dragons?

Shaman: Based around lightning. Their totems would look like blue mana crystals.

10+ Year Old Account
    That works too! OR we could do some timewalking and Play in the scar, saving High Elves before Arthas can wipe them out. That would be a fun scenario running from the lich king and saving who you can, sending them to the present time.

- - - Updated - - -

Using Northeron would be great! Maybe they could say that some High Elves have been hidden there using the same runestone shielding that kept everyone out of Silvermoon. That has the potential for both Alliance and Horde content. The Blood Elves want to know what's happening on their doorstep and go to investigate.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a New Theme Idea:

High Elves could make a pact with the Blue Dragon Flight to heal them of their magic addiction. The dragon flights always favor High Elves, so it makes sense. Druids for High Elves could then be a sort of arcane druid with shape change forms that look like dragon kind.

Bear Form: 4 legged dragon-beast (like a blue dragon). Think core hound with a dragon head.
    Cat Form: A sleeker, more serpentine dragon creature.
    Other Forms: etc... who wouldn't love playing a class that can transform into dragons?

Shaman: Based around lightning. Their totems would look like blue mana crystals.
    You've completely lost the run of yourself when it comes to this fanfiction haven't you?

I thought Northem was the only one who played this particular games.

So just to clarify, High Elves are going to be the result of Alliance players travelling back in time to save High Elves who would have otherwise died and bringing them to the present time..where they will be told they are members of the Alliance now and no they can't go back home and see their families because they have to help the Alliance kill them and they owe the Alliance for saving their lives. Despite the Alliance of the time not actually being there.

Then, once Farodin shows up he is going to be like, I know I couldn't bring back the Withered of Suramar as nobody can, but I can totally grow a brand new Arcandor that can convert Wretched back into proper Elves. And the Alliance Elves are going to sneak into Western Silvermoon, past the defenses of the Blood Elves and the Horde in a time of war, set up a base and leisurely begin turning Wretched back into Elves....where they will be told they are members of the Alliance now and no they can't go back home and see their families because they have to help the Alliance kill them and they owe the Alliance for saving their lives.

Then they are all going to swing over to Northeron and discover even more High Elves who, for some reason unknown to anyone, have been quite content to dwell on the north coast of the continent using a runestone they happened to find. And they've been dwelling there happily, hundreds...no we can make up any number we want...thousands? Nah too limiting. I know...

And they've been dwelling there happily since they founded the city eight thousand years ago. It turns out Silvermoon and the High Elves from there WEREN'T the real High Elves at all. They were a scouting party that got lost and founded their own city.

The TRUE High Elves have dwelt in Northeron, or as they call it, GREENWOOD, for all this time and there are now millions of them. And they are all eager to pledge themselves to the Alliance once they hear the story the poor exiles from Silvermoon have to tell.

And the Elves sally forth from Greenwood on their majestic Unicorn mounts where they throw themselves before Anduin and beg leave to join the Alliance, all of them. One by one. It takes weeks for all of them to pledge allegiance to Anduin as there are seventy billion High Elves and there are now totally enough of them to be an allied race using time travel, crazy magics and hidden cities so any Blizzard dev who says they are nearly extinct can STFU up or eleven trillion High Elves are going to open a can of whoop ass on them.

And the hundred quadrillion High Elves then beseech the Dragonflights themselves to give them magical Druidic powers. And their Druid forms are part Dragon, because they are the High Elves and Dragons are awesome. Except the travel form as that has to be a Unicorn. And then shamanism too because why the f**k not.

And together the Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, Draenei, Worgen, Gnomes, Pandaren, Kul Tirans, Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei will be supported by an army of High Elves, infinite in number, all riding their very own personal Titan mounts (not mounts FROM the Titans. Actual Titans of course) whilst wielding their awesome and unparalleled powers.

I think that just about sums up the gist of where you are going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    You've completely lost the run of yourself when it comes to this fanfiction haven't you?

I thought Northem was the only one who played this particular games.

So just to clarify, High Elves are going to be the result of Alliance players travelling back in time to save High Elves who would have otherwise died and bringing them to the present time..where they will be told they are members of the Alliance now and no they can't go back home and see their families because they have to help the Alliance kill them and they owe the Alliance for saving their lives. Despite the Alliance of the time not actually being there.

Then, once Farodin shows up he is going to be like, I know I couldn't bring back the Withered of Suramar as nobody can, but I can totally grow a brand new Arcandor that can convert Wretched back into proper Elves. And the Alliance Elves are going to sneak into Western Silvermoon, past the defenses of the Blood Elves and the Horde in a time of war, set up a base and leisurely begin turning Wretched back into Elves....where they will be told they are members of the Alliance now and no they can't go back home and see their families because they have to help the Alliance kill them and they owe the Alliance for saving their lives.

Then they are all going to swing over to Northeron and discover even more High Elves who, for some reason unknown to anyone, have been quite content to dwell on the north coast of the continent using a runestone they happened to find. And they've been dwelling there happily, hundreds...no we can make up any number we want...thousands? Nah too limiting. I know...

And they've been dwelling there happily since they founded the city eight thousand years ago. It turns out Silvermoon and the High Elves from there WEREN'T the real High Elves at all. They were a scouting party that got lost and founded their own city.

The TRUE High Elves have dwelt in Northeron, or as they call it, GREENWOOD, for all this time and there are now millions of them. And they are all eager to pledge themselves to the Alliance once they hear the story the poor exiles from Silvermoon have to tell.

And the Elves sally forth from Greenwood on their majestic Unicorn mounts where they throw themselves before Anduin and beg leave to join the Alliance, all of them. One by one. It takes weeks for all of them to pledge allegiance to Anduin as there are seventy billion High Elves and there are now totally enough of them to be an allied race using time travel, crazy magics and hidden cities so any Blizzard dev who says they are nearly extinct can STFU up or eleven trillion High Elves are going to open a can of whoop ass on them.

And the hundred quadrillion High Elves then beseech the Dragonflights themselves to give them magical Druidic powers. And their Druid forms are part Dragon, because they are the High Elves and Dragons are awesome. Except the travel form as that has to be a Unicorn. And then shamanism too because why the f**k not.

And together the Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, Draenei, Worgen, Gnomes, Pandaren, Kul Tirans, Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei will be supported by an army of High Elves, infinite in number, all riding their very own personal Titan mounts (not mounts FROM the Titans. Actual Titans of course) whilst wielding their awesome and unparalleled powers.

I think that just about sums up the gist of where you are going with this.
    You forgot about High Elves forsaking the way of arcane. Interesting choice for Kirin Tor guardians.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Not excited nor enthused about what essentially would be a 3rd Blood elf. I must admit though, the armor set looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Dalaran has just completely recused itself from faction politics while the Silver Covenant most assuredly has not. Seeing their Ranger-General fall, while Alleria and the Void Elves stand tall and even prosper they turn to them and adopted the powers of the Void themselves and end the idea of a meaningful population of Void Elves with a lot more grace than they have used to kill off other established options this expansion.
    You don't just casually adopt the powers of the void. Void Elves are like Demon Hunters, it's only a matter of time until they succumb to it. Heck even people that just use regular shadow magic in lore like shadow priests regularily go insane because they come too close the void. Again, this goes against the very core of them staying pure, otherwise they could have just joined Silvermoon, their ritual site is at least fuled by the light these days.