1. #4841
    High Overlord Gerron's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So its the case of "If he says yes its yes, but if he says no its still yes" ?
    No, I don't expect that they'll ever give the Alliance a copy paste of Blood Elves. That'd be lame. Ion left the door open for other things to be done down the road though which gives them ways they could develop the Alliance aligned High Elves into something different from Blood Elves like they did with Void Elves.

  2. #4842
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    He said go play horde if you want to play that kind of elf, nothing more than that.
    "that kind of elf"

    and what high elves are? that kind of elf, if you want another, you have void elf

    you don't even care to make sense
    ironic

    What a pity xd cry me a river
    who is crying about HE? not me 4Head

  3. #4843
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    23,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerron View Post
    No, I don't expect that they'll ever give the Alliance a copy paste of Blood Elves. That'd be lame. Ion left the door open for other things to be done down the road though which gives them ways they could develop the Alliance aligned High Elves into something different from Blood Elves like they did with Void Elves.
    And by "left the door open" you mean when he said "Go play horde" ?

  4. #4844
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,859
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Ion really didn't. He slammed the door shut on the idea and nailed planks with the word 'NO!' scrawled on it to bar it.

    You've mistaken him letting you down gently for hope.

    The Silver Covenant were added for cool factor. Not for people to create head cannon about the amount of high elves out there.
    He did no such thing as slammed the door and nail it ... he avoided any definitive language.

    He could have said "I can understand why people want High Elves, however it isn't going to happen." That's letting people down "gently"

    Going they way he did he purposefully didn't rule them out in definitely. We know they planning stages of the next expansion after BfA and for all we know they are going to introduce a "traitor" style expansion where some races betray their current faction and join the other as well.

    Seriously, people saying "He slammed the door shut" seem not to understand what Ion actually said. He said not now and not in what they are currently planning ... he didn't say absolutely never.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And by "left the door open" you mean when he said "Go play horde" ?
    He said more than that.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  5. #4845
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    23,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

    He said more than that.
    "Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.
    There aren't a ton of High Elves out there in WoW.
    If you are Alliance any want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you."

    I dunno, seems pretty definitive.

  6. #4846
    Officers Academy Prof. Byleth's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fódlan
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerron View Post
    Ion left the door open for other things to be done down the road though which gives them ways they could develop the Alliance aligned High Elves into something different from Blood Elves like they did with Void Elves.
    See my previous post, Ion really did not do this, he was just letting you down gently.

    Again, being let down gently has been mistaken for hope.
    Here is something to believe in!

  7. #4847
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    You still seem to think that my enjoyment of WoW relies solely on having playable High Elves. It doesn't. I've said it many times, I'll continue enjoying the game as long as it's fun to me. I've also said people shouldn't be playing the game waiting for a certain future feature to release and instead play if they enjoy the game as it is now, currently.

    But yeah, keep misunderstanding me it's really funny to see, everytime.
    That has nothing to do with what I said. Your enjoyment of the game is of little consequence, and it's also not an opinion every HE fan shares.

    You're being led on.

  8. #4848
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.
    There aren't a ton of High Elves out there in WoW.
    If you are Alliance any want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you."

    I dunno, seems pretty definitive.
    Yeah it sounds definitive if you leave out his ending:
    Anything is possible in the future, but no plans in the near-term to add High Elves as an Allied Race.
    I mean the main point from all that was to show High Elves aren't happening anytime soon, they just came out with an interview explaining they already have the near ARs planned
    We have it all planned out. It's certainly possible come year-end that we might make some changes based on what we've learned and what we've seen, but we definitely have a plan.
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-azeroth-races

    They're not immediately waiting for "oh let's see which races the players pick next for us to make!" They know their plans for BFA and which races for probably the entire expansion.

    No way another type of elf was going to come out after just giving both factions additional elves.

    But truly it's beyond logic to say his statement was a definitive "no forever."

  9. #4849
    High Overlord Gerron's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.
    There aren't a ton of High Elves out there in WoW.
    If you are Alliance any want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you."

    I dunno, seems pretty definitive.
    Indeed, the point being that any race they'd add would have to be different from Blood Elves. They aren't just going to give Alliance Blood Elves with blue eyes. All I'm saying is that based on that criteria they left themselves room to develop Alliance aligned High Elves into something different from Blood Elves. That doesn't mean that they will. For all we know they'll put all the remaining Alliance High Elves on a boat and burn it in a patch or two.

  10. #4850
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.
    There aren't a ton of High Elves out there in WoW.
    If you are Alliance any want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you."

    I dunno, seems pretty definitive.
    If you ignore the full quote and other statements sure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    See my previous post, Ion really did not do this, he was just letting you down gently.

    Again, being let down gently has been mistaken for hope.
    I don't think you know how you let someone down gently ... Hint: It's giving a definite no without room for interpretation. Ion didn't do that.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  11. #4851
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    That has nothing to do with what I said. Your enjoyment of the game is of little consequence, and it's also not an opinion every HE fan shares.

    You're being led on.
    Led on for what? As I said their inclusion of HEs or not doesn't determine my status as their customer. You mentioned dangling a carrot so I don't give up? Give up what? My want for HEs? How is that impactful in any sense to my status as their customer?

    If not my status as a customer then what exactly were you trying to refer to by your post? Because then it becomes meaningless. Giving up a want for High Elves changing nothing, neither does continuing the wish for them.

    And I only speak for myself so including other HE fans not sharing my opinion again means little lol

    Like I said I have no idea what your point is anymore, please elaborate more?

  12. #4852
    If nothing else I would like Blizzard to do something with the High Elves story. Its one of those dangling threads that is annoying to see, but want to know where it goes. My biggest problem with High Elves not being playable is that dangling thread...they are in the Alliance. The keep getting brought out. They keep being noticed...sometimes more so that the other playable races. Thus the invite to play them exists because they are there.

    They could have ended this in their introduction of the Void Elves, but they specifically avoided that thread in that storyline. So the thread still dangles....waiting.

  13. #4853
    Officers Academy Prof. Byleth's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fódlan
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I don't think you know how you let someone down gently ... Hint: It's giving a definite no without room for interpretation. Ion didn't do that.
    Because he was trying to be nice about it.

    You HE types are only reading into the bits of what he said that give you a sliver of hope, and you're totally ignoring the overwhelming amount of reasons he gave why it won't happen.

    Seriously. If you are being serious in your argument, go though Ion's comments and make a list of statements Ion made for and against HE's. But you won't because you know what it'll look like.
    Here is something to believe in!

  14. #4854
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    If nothing else I would like Blizzard to do something with the High Elves story. Its one of those dangling threads that is annoying to see, but want to know where it goes.

    They could have ended this in their introduction of the Void Elves, but they specifically avoided that thread in that storyline. So the thread still dangles....waiting.
    “The few high elves that didn’t go blood or void now rome the world in small isolated groups with no significant aim or purpose. They will simply live out their lonely lives until they go extinct (the name, not the race, cause we all know they’re really just blood elves). The end.”
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-05-05 at 02:14 AM.

  15. #4855
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    If nothing else I would like Blizzard to do something with the High Elves story. Its one of those dangling threads that is annoying to see, but want to know where it goes. My biggest problem with High Elves not being playable is that dangling thread...they are in the Alliance. The keep getting brought out. They keep being noticed...sometimes more so that the other playable races. Thus the invite to play them exists because they are there.

    They could have ended this in their introduction of the Void Elves, but they specifically avoided that thread in that storyline. So the thread still dangles....waiting.
    Maybe they have plans to introduce "Half-elves" later on so they kept the High Elves separate form the Void Elves. This is common story development strategy, look at how they handled Sargeras, Illidan, heck even Turalyon and Alleria all this time, there's probably dozens of threads they leave open until they know for sure what they want to do with the story.

    The bulk of High Elves still having a presence all these years, and even in BFA means they'll have some use later on. Whether that use ends up being a complete nullification of all their story progress since WoW or an exploration/further progress in the future is what remains to be seen.

  16. #4856
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,859
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Because he was trying to be nice about it.

    You HE types are only reading into the bits of what he said that give you a sliver of hope, and you're totally ignoring the overwhelming amount of reasons he gave why it won't happen.

    Seriously. If you are being serious in your argument, go though Ion's comments and make a list of statements Ion made for and against HE's. But you won't because you know what it'll look like.
    First off, there is no excuse for accusing me of being "HE Types" ... I don't care if they are ever playable honestly (Outside of the fact it would make people like you lose their mind) ... playable, not playable ... doesn't matter to me. What I don't like is people like you twisting words to mean what they don't and then treating others that they are wrong for doing the same thing you are just in the other way.

    Secondly, there are ways to be "nice" about it and be definitive ... if my father was dying, I don't want the doctor to tell me he could pull through when he won't, that's not being nice but cruel. You clearly don't know how to let someone down, so I hope you aren't in a field where you have to deal with giving any bad news to people. So essentially, you are left with you must believe Ion incompetent at his job, wants to be cruel to his player base, or you just don't know what you are talking about.

    And why should I do something I have already done in this topic?
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-05 at 02:14 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  17. #4857
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    “The few high elves that didn’t go blood or void now rome the world in small isolated groups with no significant aim or purpose. They will simply live out their lonely lives until they go extinct (the name, not the race, cause we all know they’re really just blood elves). The end.”
    If they did, fine. The trouble is they don't. Its "Look! More High Elves! Neat huh? You can't play that."

  18. #4858
    The only way Ion could be more definitive is if he straight up said “we’re never making high elves playable”

    He didn’t because Blizzard doesn’t like saying never these days for obvious reasons, but at this point you’re just picking at the bones

  19. #4859
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Because he was trying to be nice about it.

    You HE types are only reading into the bits of what he said that give you a sliver of hope, and you're totally ignoring the overwhelming amount of reasons he gave why it won't happen.

    Seriously. If you are being serious in your argument, go though Ion's comments and make a list of statements Ion made for and against HE's. But you won't because you know what it'll look like.
    Ignoring the overwhelming amount of reasons he gave why it won't happen in the foreseeable future. We can be pretty sure it won't happen in BfA, but the stupidest thing anyone can say is never. He never said that would never happen(pun). Wich is the only hope the High Elf fans got left. So let them have that hope(or don't I guess)

  20. #4860
    I mean the guys that go by High Elves as their identification. Not the ones listed as Blood Elves or Void Elves, or Dark Rangers, and Undead Elves. The High Elves they keep pushing out when there are suppose to be too few to be playable...yet more keep showing up.

    As I said its the "Here Look, a High Elf. Neat, huh. No you can't play as that." Its quite annoying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •