1. #4861
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    I mean the guys that go by High Elves as their identification. Not the ones listed as Blood Elves or Void Elves, or Dark Rangers, and Undead Elves. The High Elves they keep pushing out when there are suppose to be too few to be playable...yet more keep showing up.

    As I said its the "Here Look, a High Elf. Neat, huh. No you can't play as that." Its quite annoying.
    And different contingents too. The Circle Spellweavers in the Warfronts have nothing to do with Silver Covenant, so there's this entirely new group of HEs part of the Alliance when people keep saying their "numbers are dwindling"

  2. #4862
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    And different contingents too. The Circle Spellweavers in the Warfronts have nothing to do with Silver Covenant, so there's this entirely new group of HEs part of the Alliance when people keep saying their "numbers are dwindling"
    Well it’s not “people” it’s Blizzard themselves, lol. I didn’t know about the Warfront guys though (I’m not touching BFA til live). That is unexpected.

    Regardless, the main point they’re sticking to is not wanting an identical race on the other side.

  3. #4863
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Who though? The only recent “new” high elves I can think of were the guys hanging around the void elf camp looking to convert.

    And to me that speaks more of how small the remaining high elf population is that the remaining ones are looking to merge with other groups to be part of something relevant, instead of doomed wanderers.
    They've added more in BfA on top of those in the Void elf starting area. A group in the Warfronts. Plus some dude that works as part of the Island Expeditions. It seems like the group that was in Outlands is coming home to go back to work at bashing orc and troll skulls like they did back in their last major war (the Second War).

  4. #4864
    High Overlord Gerron's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Well it’s not “people” it’s Blizzard themselves, lol. I didn’t know about the Warfront guys though (I’m not touching BFA til live). That is unexpected.

    Regardless, the main point they’re sticking to is not wanting an identical race on the other side.
    Which makes sense. That doesn't mean that they won't develop Alliance aligned High Elves into something that isn't identical. Time will tell though. I don't see anything like that happening for a long time.

  5. #4865
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    They've added more in BfA on top of those in the Void elf starting area. A group in the Warfronts. Plus some dude that works as part of the Island Expeditions. It seems like the group that was in Outlands is coming home to go back to work at bashing orc and troll skulls like they did back in their last major war (the Second War).
    It's not more and more. Their presence is diminished with each expansion. Where do you see the Silver Covenant in Legion? Just a few dudes here and there. It's a big reduction from their Wrath days when they were guarding Dalaran. Now it's just Vereesa and some friends.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

  6. #4866
    Officers Academy Prof. Byleth's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fódlan
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    First off, there is no excuse for accusing me of being "HE Types" ... I don't care if they are ever playable honestly (Outside of the fact it would make people like you lose their mind) ... playable, not playable ... doesn't matter to me. What I don't like is people like you twisting words to mean what they don't and then treating others that they are wrong for doing the same thing you are just in the other way.

    Secondly, there are ways to be "nice" about it and be definitive ... if my father was dying, I don't want the doctor to tell me he could pull through when he won't, that's not being nice but cruel. You clearly don't know how to let someone down, so I hope you aren't in a field where you have to deal with giving any bad news to people. So essentially, you are left with you must believe Ion incompetent at his job, wants to be cruel to his player base, or you just don't know what you are talking about.

    And why should I do something I have already done in this topic?
    Again, absolute deflection of my point. Only seeing what you want to see.

    I define HE types as people who just can't, won't and will not see the truth of this situation. You meet that definition.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Ignoring the overwhelming amount of reasons he gave why it won't happen in the foreseeable future. We can be pretty sure it won't happen in BfA, but the stupidest thing anyone can say is never. He never said that would never happen(pun). Wich is the only hope the High Elf fans got left. So let them have that hope(or don't I guess)
    I am willing to say Never. At least not as their basic, vanilla High Elf as they currently exist. And unless you guys get that this will never end.
    Here is something to believe in!

  7. #4867
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Ion really didn't. He slammed the door shut on the idea and nailed planks with the word 'NO!' scrawled on it to bar it.

    You've mistaken him letting you down gently for hope.

    The Silver Covenant were added for cool factor. Not for people to create head cannon about the amount of high elves out there.
    Like I said, I don't care about them one way or another. I do hope they'll develop void elves and have the Silver Covenant suffer a major defeat somewhere, one that ultimately forces many of them to choose between going home, dispersing back into the greater Alliance, or turning to Alleria to master the void.

    The Silver Covenant were a totally unnecessary addition to the story, and their presence always comes at the expense of what could be development and presence for other, actually playable races. So long as they keep showing up, people are going to want to keep playing as high elves on the Alliance. There was never any good reason to introduce them, and they've been an anchor on discussions about future Alliance races ever since they were.

    It's going to be pretty funny if void elves end up joining the Silver Covenant and exist within it as a minority. They had many chances to kill the thing off already, and I suspect they still might, but until they do it shouldn't be any surprise people want playable Alliance high elves.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 2018-05-05 at 02:53 AM.

  8. #4868
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    rangers are part of the blood elves army in Talador, ranger orestes is in Thas'dorah quest, part of Unseen Path. lorthemar the racial leader is a ranger
    So something in BC, the guest star of Vereesa/Alleria's quest, and the faction leader since BC.

    If anything they got an appearance in MoP (finally) along with the long forgotten spellbreakers.... foiled by the High Elves...again...

    Regardless, the BE wouldn't lose rangers. They'll just continue not being in the spotlight as they have always been. Blood Elves have been pushed into the "Light in the Horde" position, with the Sunwell/Blood Knights/Liadrin taking a disproportionate amount of screentime for the Blood Elves. They're also still big on the Fel thing between their approach to magic and Demon Hunters.

    And that's fine. Better they focus on a couple of things well rather than underdevelop everything just for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Lebanese Dude; 2018-05-05 at 02:55 AM.

  9. #4869
    High Overlord Gerron's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I am willing to say Never. At least not as their basic, vanilla High Elf as they currently exist. And unless you guys get that this will never end.
    Unfortunately some will never be happy with even though developing them into some unique is much more interesting.

  10. #4870
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerron View Post
    Which makes sense. That doesn't mean that they won't develop Alliance aligned High Elves into something that isn't identical. Time will tell though. I don't see anything like that happening for a long time.
    Well that’s what void elves are

    The only real effort I’ve seen are high elves with tattoos and different hairstyles, and lorewise blood elves are already sporting tattoos, so

  11. #4871
    High Overlord Gerron's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Well that’s what void elves are

    The only real effort I’ve seen are high elves with tattoos and different hairstyles, and lorewise blood elves are already sporting tattoos, so
    We'll see what they do with the story. If the Void Elves fully assimilate those High Elves so be it. If they don't I think something like Half Elves might happen.

  12. #4872
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dude View Post
    So something in BC, the guest star of Vereesa/Alleria's quest, and the faction leader since BC.

    If anything they got an appearance in MoP (finally) along with the long forgotten spellbreakers.... foiled by the High Elves...again...

    Regardless, the BE wouldn't lose rangers. They'll just continue not being in the spotlight as they have always been. Blood Elves have been pushed into the "Light in the Horde" position, with the Sunwell/Blood Knights/Liadrin taking a disproportionate amount of screentime for the Blood Elves. They're also still big on the Fel thing between their approach to magic and Demon Hunters.

    And that's fine. Better they focus on a couple of things well rather than underdevelop everything just for the sake of it.
    That's just your own interpretation and part wishful thinking, since you keep hoping the ranger theme becomes something exclusive to the Helves. Nope, as long as Lor'themar remains faction leader, the Blood Elves will remain what they have always been, a multi-talented race.
    Also judging the overall theme by a leader's screen time is just stupid. So if Lor'themar gets more screen time in BfA, then your argument falls apart completely.

    Also how are the Blood Elves still big on the fel? Demon Hunters technically are their faction, they follow the Alliance and the Horde based on their own self interests, or are you implying the Night Elves have accepted demonic magic as well, solely based on DHs being available to them?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

  13. #4873
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I am willing to say Never. At least not as their basic, vanilla High Elf as they currently exist. And unless you guys get that this will never end.
    Yeah, I don't care about playable High Elves(we already got 2 versions in game). But I am more for than against, the more options the better. Luckily I play both factions, so I already play 7 different High Elves.

    But, you should never say never

  14. #4874
    Elemental Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    8,045
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Again, absolute deflection of my point. Only seeing what you want to see.

    I define HE types as people who just can't, won't and will not see the truth of this situation. You meet that definition.
    You are actually the one that fits that definition it is just you have deluded yourself into thinking your view is the only correct view.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, I don't care about playable High Elves(we already got 2 versions in game). But I am more for than against, the more options the better. Luckily I play both factions, so I already play 7 different High Elves.

    But, you should never say never
    He will say never because he thinks you let people down gently by speaking in a way that permits false hope.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  15. #4875
    Officers Academy Prof. Byleth's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fódlan
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, I don't care about playable High Elves(we already got 2 versions in game). But I am more for than against, the more options the better. Luckily I play both factions, so I already play 7 different High Elves.

    But, you should never say never
    My issue with high elves has always been faction bluring. To hear Ion say the same thing reinforced my belief in this. You can actually find quotes from me saying this in my post history long before Ion said it.

    NEVER!

    Though I won't be upset if it happens, I'll probably play one. I just don't think it should happen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    He will say never because he thinks you let people down gently by speaking in a way that permits false hope.
    So you do get it. Good for you!

    Excuse me for having my own opinion and also believing that yours is wrong
    Here is something to believe in!

  16. #4876
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "that kind of elf"

    and what high elves are? that kind of elf, if you want another, you have void elf



    ironic



    who is crying about HE? not me 4Head
    If i want another? i don't want another, i'm already playing what i want, BE, i'm here for having alliance players playing my counterpart, which i prefer over VE a thousand times, and most of them don't want to play a void elf over a high elf, but K.

    And what's ironic is you saying that i'm the one not making sense.

    And it is you who is crying for HE not being a thing, just look at how you communicate in this forum,`making fun of others and blaming them for wanting this while you skip their explanations and facts because you don't want to hear them.

  17. #4877
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    i'm here for having alliance players playing my counterpart
    omegaLUL
    And what's ironic is you saying that i'm the one not making sense.
    you are the one going against the lead dev, saying a lot of headcanon not me
    And it is you who is crying for HE not being a thing,
    i don't need to, they already are not a thing, but you win points trying to turn out things "blame the other for what i do"

    this while you skip their explanations and facts because you don't want to hear them.
    and here again, ironic, HE supporters by elimination skip explanations (including the ones giving by blizzard) and the facts that they want to hear, is always "nanana i want high elves nanana ion didn't said no nanana it will happen nanana"

  18. #4878
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.
    There aren't a ton of High Elves out there in WoW.
    If you are Alliance any want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you."

    I dunno, seems pretty definitive.
    There aren't a ton of High Elves out there in WoW. Yeah right, so add Lightforged and Void Elves, and forgot the fact that half the playable races were near extintion.

    "Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions. If you are Alliance any want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you." The later statement embraces the first one, so you are not pointing anything extra by bringing it.

    And just the point of blur the faction line is not factual, there's more to do than just adding HE to do that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So its the case of "If he says yes its yes, but if he says no its still yes" ?
    wtf dude if he says no is no, stop rolling the roll with that crap.

    His comment is something like: 'do you remember vanilla servers?/alliance shamans?/dark iron dwarves?/demon hunters?'

    Don't try to twist that because you look like a clueless guy by doing that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    omegaLUL


    you are the one going against the lead dev, saying a lot of headcanon not me


    i don't need to, they already are not a thing, but you win points trying to turn out things "blame the other for what i do"



    and here again, ironic, HE supporters by elimination skip explanations (including the ones giving by blizzard) and the facts that they want to hear, is always "nanana i want high elves nanana ion didn't said no nanana it will happen nanana"
    headcanon because i don't agree with developers?

    try better, i'm not inventing anything, everything i say is checkable and i'm not kissing dev's arguments blindly like it is the holy truth.

    and trying to shield yourself in 'they already are not a thing' is just poor, you are trying to make others leave the discussion, you are here because you don't want us to keep discussing this because you don't like the idea, that looks like crying and whining.

    and i'm not answering to your 'skipping explanations'... you should feel ashamed to write such dumb things.

  19. #4879
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post

    headcanon because i don't agree with developers?
    of course pal, what a dev say is canon lore, if you don't agree then you don't agree with canon lore thus using your own fanfic trying to dismiss what they said

    try better, i'm not inventing anything, everything i say is checkable and i'm not kissing dev's arguments blindly like it is the holy truth.
    is checkable that they are wrong

    Blood eles are high elves, they are the same race, end

    and trying to shield yourself in 'they already are not a thing' is just poor, you are trying to make others leave the discussion, you are here because you don't want us to keep discussing this because you don't like the idea, that looks like crying and whining.
    what, are you high? am i trying to make others leave? am i wit a gun on your head or something? so you are wrong

    you are here crying and whining because dad ion said no, you are the one who don't like what he said, and keep trying to turn the things out, "im crying and whining for HE but i will saying people are crying and whining to not have then, i am a genius"

    and i'm not answering to your 'skipping explanations'... you should feel ashamed to write such dumb things.
    dumb things? like wanting HE?

  20. #4880
    I don't see how it would be dumb. The Horde's been relying on them for their numbers for over a decade now if you all are being accurate about your Horde Elves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •