5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    HAHA omg wow. And wtf does your kind do??? "lets add tattoos, High elves have more athletic builds, being away from the sunwell has changed them drastically, different Hair styles".

That shit isn't headcannon? Fuck you and the rest of the "High Elfers" in this thread. Literally nothing pleases you guys. Wouldn't be surprised if you bitched about actual AR High Elves because their Tattoos weren't cool enough.

Freaking toxic cancer trash.

Infracted [MoanaLisa]
    Omg... i just saw this and i'm flipping really hard.

First.

Tattoos, athletic builds, hairstyles and being away from the sunwell are all valid asumptions because:

A) Tattoos and Hairstyles does not break any lore, in fact, those are pretty probable, the first the less probable and the later the most.

B) Athletic builds: This is a way to say we would accept another type of body if that helps, we are not sugesting elves big like orcs, not even like humans, but even more or even less than BE, or by defect, another idle like Blizzard did with Nightborne.

D) The Sunwell: Elves are pretty sensible to magic, you can even see that the HE does not even have glow in their eyes, just color, the new HE could have a different and even restricted palette of colors such as black hair, white hair, lightly blonde or grey, and pale and not-so-pale skin colors, idk, is not in my hand to decide and the last word in this is Blizzad's, but what is truth is that this is warcraft elves we are talking about, and magic plays an important role in how their bodies and looks work.

What is headcannon is inventing a situation in where High Elves are neutral and they decide their allegiance, when the lore never was like that, BE didn't joined the horde right away, and even saying that HE are a neutral race, when they not compare to Pandaren in anything of the sort.

You pro High Elves are so arrogant. Don't you realize that playable High Elves would damage Void Elves a lot??? If High Elves become playable, many Void Elves will change their characters to a High Elf since the average Alliance player can't stand a unique and creative race and has to fulfill their Lotr fantasies. In addition, High Elves would deprive Void Elves of the spotlight they rightfully deserve.

This is the problem. You want playable High Elves yet you don't care at all that Void Elves would suffer because of that. You will NOT have your way.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    You pro High Elves are so arrogant. Don't you realize that playable High Elves would damage Void Elves a lot??? If High Elves become playable, many Void Elves will change their characters to a High Elf since the average Alliance player can't stand a unique and creative race and has to fulfill their Lotr fantasies. In addition, High Elves would deprive Void Elves of the spotlight they rightfully deserve.

This is the problem. You want playable High Elves yet you don't care at all that Void Elves would suffer because of that. You will NOT have your way.

That would make sense, there is like 20 researchers who got turned into void. Also who cares who plays which race? Do you care, that inclusion of void elves hurts population of other races? Also how void elves deserve spotlight?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    His interpretation isn't factually wrong, it's an opinion about the speaker's intentions, and a well-founded one too. You seem to be claiming that the only valid meaning we can draw from his response was a literal interpretation of his words, regardless of context. That's just not how human communication works.
    I am not ignoring context, I am merely not asserting one. That's what you aren't getting. You are putting YOUR view on his words rather than listening to the words. In context, he very clearly avoided definitive words. He said Not now, not never ... he avoid in all state using definitive terms when talking about playable High Elves. He ONLY used definitive words when talking about what High Elves are.

Context doesn't support never ... sorry, no amount of assertion is going to make that true.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-05 at 11:33 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    That's a reasonable explanation. I fully support the addition of HEs to the game if they have enough different features to distinguish them from BEs.
    Except most High Elfers will literally say that it wouldn't be the "WC2 High Elf" they remember and start to complain. Again.

I can't also help but to find hilarious how the "story" of High Elves is considered so incredibly compelling, enough to justify their playable addition, even though their grand story have been about nothing but antagonizing Blood Elves and taking care of Vereesa's issues, a symptom of their existence becoming more and more meaningless after the events of TBC.

In other words, the story is not the actual reason and whoever is telling you that is fooling you and probably even himself. It's not about the present; it's all about that lost WC2 past that these people can't let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Tattoos, athletic builds, hairstyles and being away from the sunwell are all valid asumptions because
    Because nothing. Assumptions you consider "valid" are still headcanon, so don't go around and accuse others of headcanon if you ignore the meaning of the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Oh I get it, your continuing with your circular repetitive arguments because you're a "have to have the last word kind of guy".

Go ahead then, you know my stance. It's not changing.
    I am sorry, am I supposed to be better behaved than you are willing to be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post

I don't find Void Elves creative in anyway. But I am also not an alliance player. So far none of the Allied Races scream "creative" to me ... they all scream Copy paste get something out quick.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    Hear, hear! Selama ashal'anore!

Actually, lots of high elves are neutral. Pretty much any high elf you see in Dalaran who isn't a member of the Silver Covenant is neutral in the faction conflict. Then, you have the likes of Gilveradin Sunchaser who does business with orcs in Orgrimmar and Captain Thalo'thas Brightsun, who seems to actually prefer the Horde to the Alliance.

A blood elf is typically a Thalassian patriot who returned to Quel'Thalas after the news of the Scourge attack came (like Kael'thas) or was simply in Quel'Thalas at the time of the invasion and decided to stay afterwards, the Silver Covenant and other Alliance-aligned high elves are Thalassians who, for whatever reason, feel more of a connection or loyalty to the Alliance over their homeland and all the other neutral ones just either didn't care enough about Quel'Thalas to go back and help after the Third War or perhaps had a reason for leaving and staying away (such as Captain Brightsun and his piracy).
    Well, this is right, i even forgot that there is even blood elves (alongside high elves) living in dalaran who dosn't live in silvermoon or are horde, i knew this from the dalaran purge scenario when i had to save blood elves who were being slain and exiled, and they say things like: 'They want to exile us from Dalaran, where i'm gonna go now?', they don't even consider Silvermoon in the first place. Edit: Maybe i don't know if what i said here is correct, must see in internet.

But something like the Pandaren has but with High Elves is just not posibble because their lore does not allow for such thing.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2018-05-05 at 11:54 PM. Reason: not sure at all

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am not ignoring context, I am merely not asserting one. That's what you aren't getting. You are putting YOUR view on his words rather than listening to the words. In context, he very clearly avoided definitive words. He said Not now, not never ... he avoid in all state using definitive terms when talking about playable High Elves. He ONLY used definitive words when talking about what High Elves are.

Context doesn't support never ... sorry, no amount of assertion is going to make that true.
    I fully understand what you're saying, but TotalSyn explained context using evidence, and you have rejected it no evidence. That's what ignoring context looks like.

Your entire point of view hinges on a platitude at the end of an explanation made in no uncertain terms. All of the reasons Ion gave were expressed directly, for example: "Giving that race directly to the Alliance would have blurred a lot of the lines between the two factions." No qualifiers necessary there. "There's a desire to have things be even more distinct especially between the two factions with the faction conflict being so prominent." No qualifiers. "If you're an Alliance player, and want to be a fair-skinned, light-haired, blue-eyed elf. Sorry? The Horde is there and waiting for you." Also no qualifiers, and yet you imagine that accounting for the uncertain nature of life amounts to some kind of evasion of the issue. His answer was clear, you just aren't willing to hear it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Because nothing. Assumptions you consider "valid" are still headcanon, so don't go around and accuse others of headcanon if you ignore the meaning of the word.
    Because:

A) Tattoos and Hairstyles does not break any lore, in fact, those are pretty probable, the first the less probable and the later the most.

B) Athletic builds: This is a way to say we would accept another type of body if that helps, we are not sugesting elves big like orcs, not even like humans, but even more or even less than BE, or by defect, another idle like Blizzard did with Nightborne.

D) The Sunwell: Elves are pretty sensible to magic, you can even see that the HE does not even have glow in their eyes, just color, the new HE could have a different and even restricted palette of colors such as black hair, white hair, lightly blonde or grey, and pale and not-so-pale skin colors, idk, is not in my hand to decide and the last word in this is Blizzad's, but what is truth is that this is warcraft elves we are talking about, and magic plays an important role in how their bodies and looks work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Headcanon' 'You ignore the meaning of the word'

Right sir...

You even cut my explanations from the quote, if that's not going around facts for others to just look at your answer without my reasoning is totally denigrant, for you and for anyone who want to discuss, not to flame as you are doing.

And you calling me an ignorant for using a word that you don't believe i know while i'm using the word right is poor argumentation.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2018-05-05 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo

7+ Year Old Account
    I fully understand what you're saying, but TotalSyn explained context using evidence, and you have rejected it no evidence. That's what ignoring context looks like.

Your entire point of view hinges on a platitude at the end of an explanation made in no uncertain terms. All of the reasons Ion gave were expressed directly, for example: "Giving that race directly to the Alliance would have blurred a lot of the lines between the two factions." No qualifiers necessary there. "There's a desire to have things be even more distinct especially between the two factions with the faction conflict being so prominent." No qualifiers. "If you're an Alliance player, and want to be a fair-skinned, light-haired, blue-eyed elf. Sorry? The Horde is there and waiting for you." Also no qualifiers, and yet you imagine that accounting for the uncertain nature of life amounts to some kind of evasion of the issue. His answer was clear, you just aren't willing to hear it.
    Thanks for proving my point for me and proving you clearly don't understand what I am saying because I have even posted once removed the platitude and his meaning remains. Not now rather than not ever.

The person not willing to hear isn't me, it's your side. Ion has stated it is No for now ... not indefinite. There is no context supporting "Slamming the door and nailing it shut."
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-05 at 11:58 PM.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I need someone to explain to me the exact difference between High elf and Blood elf curing their addiction. Because AFAIK the Blood Elves just absorbed arcane from the local wildlife and the High Elves just cold turkeyed it. So all of these people saying the Belves turned to fel is wrong. And they don't say how Helves curbed it without turning into withered.
    Anyone got an answer?

And to add Blood Elves having green eyes, they don't. It was a mistake by blizzard. The only mention of Blood Elves having green eyes, other than burning crusade, is the rpg books. They are supposed to have white eyes.
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2018-05-06 at 12:05 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You even cut my explanations from the quote, if that's not going around facts for others to just look at your answer without my reasoning is totally denigrant, for you and for anyone who want to discuss, not to flame as you are doing.

And you calling me an ignorant for using a word that you don't believe i know while i'm using the word right is poor argumentation.
    I think the point they were making is that you came up with a concept for the HEs and so did the other guy and neither are technically more or less valid, bc both of you were coming up with ideas for the HEs. One of you may feel your idea is better, but they are both still ideas and not decisions made by Blizzard.

Even so, I think the argument was oddly misdirected to you, bc the original source of contention was that the guy came up with an idea and someone dismissed it as improbable/non canon in comparison to a list of ideas that are no less improbable or canon than his own. No one is more or less right/wrong in how HEs can be implemented, bc it depends on how Blizzard does it. As a matter of fact, this thread exists because of how Blizzard implented HEs...as VEs..and that sent people into a 90 degree tilt and here we are

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got an answer?

And to add Blood Elves having green eyes, they don't. It was a mistake by blizzard. The only mention of Blood Elves having green eyes, other than burning crusade, is the rpg books. They are supposed to have white eyes.
    Things like Hawkspear bringing a magical artifact back to Quel'Lithien Lodge, which unfortunately for its denizens was highly corrupting, would imply that some of the high elves may have sought out non-fel arcane sources of power to siphon magical energy from to help them manage the symptoms of withdrawal. This was probably fairly easy for the high elves in Dalaran (once they finished dealing with the aftermath of Archimonde's assault).
    Others may have been able to just deal with their withdrawal without assistance or through more holistic methods like meditation. I always imagined that the Farstriders, including those still loyal to Quel'Thalas, probably had a much easier time dealing with the destruction of the Sunwell than the likes of the Magisters would and the rangers residing in Silvermoon after Kael'thas brought back the Fel crystals to support the recently shaken blood elves probably only got that trademark fel eye glow through prolonged passive exposure rather than from directly siphoning power from them.
    Those stationed at Quel'Danil in the Hinterlands were probably not too affected by the Sunwell's destruction considering their distance from Quel'Thalas, their lifestyles and the likely amount of time they had been away from the Sunwell's power.

5+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got an answer?

Best answer I can give off the top of my head -- they had help. HEs received help from the humans in the Alliance to lessen the pains of their addiction as they were waned off. In a sense, they got to claim they were stronger and didn't fall to depravity like their kin, when they had resources the BEs didn't to make the process easier. Arguably, they were only able to do this THANKS to their small population, so it wasn't as difficult to support them in comparison to all of the BEs. Of course this isn't the case for all HEs, only some. And if I remember correctly, plenty still died from the addiction and are able to revert into wretched if their addiction is essentially 'triggered'. Look up Quel'Lithien Lodge. It wasn't easy, but it isn't as pretty and glorified as people make it out to be. HEs and BEs both suffered, only each had their reasons to do what they did.

Things like Hawkspear bringing a magical artifact back to Quel'Lithien Lodge, which unfortunately for its denizens was highly corrupting, would imply that some of the high elves may have sought out non-fel arcane sources of power to siphon magical energy from to help them manage the symptoms of withdrawal. This was probably fairly easy for the high elves in Dalaran (once they finished dealing with the aftermath of Archimonde's assault).
    Others may have been able to just deal with their withdrawal without assistance or through more holistic methods like meditation. I always imagined that the Farstriders, including those still loyal to Quel'Thalas, probably had a much easier time dealing with the destruction of the Sunwell than the likes of the Magisters would and the rangers residing in Silvermoon after Kael'thas brought back the Fel crystals to support the recently shaken blood elves probably only got that trademark fel eye glow through prolonged passive exposure rather than from directly siphoning power from them.
    Those stationed at Quel'Danil in the Hinterlands were probably not too affected by the Sunwell's destruction considering their distance from Quel'Thalas, their lifestyles and the likely amount of time they had been away from the Sunwell's power.
    There are no fel crystals in Quel'thalas. They had arcane crystals. They share a model in game, but they aren't the same thing in lore. But all this talk of different color eyes and different physiology is all non-cannon lore from the RPG books.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Best answer I can give off the top of my head -- they had help. HEs received help from the humans in the Alliance to lessen the pains of their addiction as they were waned off. In a sense, they got to claim they were stronger and didn't fall to depravity like their kin, when they had resources the BEs didn't to make the process easier. Arguably, they were only able to do this THANKS to their small population, so it wasn't as difficult to support them in comparison to all of the BEs. Of course this isn't the case for all HEs, only some. And if I remember correctly, plenty still died from the addiction and are able to revert into wretched if their addiction is essentially 'triggered'. Look up Quel'Lithien Lodge. It wasn't easy, but it isn't as pretty and glorified as people make it out to be. HEs and BEs both suffered, only each had their reasons to do what they did.
    So, they used similar methods of drawing from other magical things. With the exception of Quel'Lithien lodge members.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no fel crystals in Quel'thalas. They had arcane crystals. They share a model in game, but they aren't the same thing in lore. But all this talk of different color eyes and different physiology is all non-cannon lore from the RPG books.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:What...e_Box%3F#Notes

Rommath states that "the Korune device is similar to the fel crystals we once used to enslave demonic energies". Presumably this "we" refers to the blood elves collectively and he is talking about the crystals that used to litter Quel'Thalas before the re-ignition of the Sunwell.
    I always thought it was obvious they contained demonic magic, especially if you look at the giant one above Sunfury Spire with the ominous eyes that peer at you from within it.
    There's no shame in the idea. The blood elves were on the verge of annihilation and had to fight for survival and to reclaim their lands. There was no time to be picky about the sources of magical energy they drew from when every day was a fight for survival.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:What...e_Box%3F#Notes

Rommath states that "the Korune device is similar to the fel crystals we once used to enslave demonic energies". Presumably this "we" refers to the blood elves collectively and he is talking about the crystals that used to litter Quel'Thalas before the re-ignition of the Sunwell.
    I always thought it was obvious they contained demonic magic, especially if you look at the giant one above Sunfury Spire with the ominous eyes that peer at you from within it.
    There's no shame in the idea. The blood elves were on the verge of annihilation and had to fight for survival and to reclaim their lands. There was no time to be picky about the sources of magical energy they drew from when every day was a fight for survival.
    Not quite convinced. Especially as this is the only evidence this happens in all of WoW

5+ Year Old Account
    Essentially yes. The only true difference--since a previous post mentioned that not all HEs and BEs are truly faction biased--is how they handled their addiction.
    Eye wise, any BE as well as HE can have blue, green, white, or gold eyes if they draw from a specific energy source. HEs chose to use Arcane(the original source), which is why they almost all have blue eyes. Although one could easily claim an arcane BE mage could have blue eyes as well, bc eyes are a hint to energy source, not allegiance.
    Physically they all have the same characteristics, hair styles, and fashion sense. The BEs just abandoned blue for red for their fallen kin.

This is why Ion said: BEs are HEs, bc they are. They are the same race, the HEs are a race divided into different sub groups, with the BEs being the majority. HEs are currently known as: BEs, HEs, and VEs. Ion said the main reason why they didn't want to make HEs an allied race was bc of this--it is hard to distinguish them with the lore they currently have--without changing the base identity the elves sheltered and are dying for. Their culture, design, clothing, etc--all of it is seen with the blood elves bc it is the same, only adapted to reflect the events of the scourge invasion.

The question becomes, how to let the prideful HEs retain their identity while still keeping them true to who they are. Unfortunately that's a hard question to answer, without trying to reimagine or rework who the HEs are or what players are willing to settle for to get their blue eyed elves.

And tbh if Ion was more direct about this, I feel people would've taken the news easier. Instead he sent HE fans into a frenzy, bc they feel insulted and belittled. Tbh, there is no way in fel we're getting HEs right now bc I doubt they'd risk adding another elf race. It'd really piss off/alienate other players if another slot for the Alliance went to elves. I'd say wait for the next chance, bc this ship has sailed. Perhaps Blizzard may implement something to let VEs 'revert' in noncombat like Alleria. But for now at least, HEs aren't sitting at the table.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2018-05-06 at 02:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You were the one starting to say that others come here to cry, you're still a low level forum troll.
    so saying someone is crying, when they are indeed crying, is being a troll, alright

You don't even take the argument that falstad could be dead today if Red Shirt Guy didn't pointed that out in that Blizzcon just because it goes against what you want, that's being an asshole an you know it xddddd
    sorry what i read is just mimimimi, can you be more specific

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The person not willing to hear isn't me, it's your side. Ion has stated it is No for now ... not indefinite. There is no context supporting "Slamming the door and nailing it shut."
    Mate, you are a lost cause.

The context is literally in the post you are responding to. You're just not willing to acknowledge it. It's like you have blinkers on, and the words and meanings just don't exist for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I fully understand what you're saying, but TotalSyn explained context using evidence
    Thanks for taking another stab at it mate, but Darth is just not going to get it. It's like he lives in an alternate reality.
    Here is something to believe in!