Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You don't just casually adopt the powers of the void. Void Elves are like Demon Hunters, it's only a matter of time until they succumb to it. Heck even people that just use regular shadow magic in lore like shadow priests regularily go insane because they come too close the void. Again, this goes against the very core of them staying pure, otherwise they could have just joined Silvermoon, their ritual site is at least fuled by the light these days.
    I agree with this. Void High Elves really only work if they're transformed against their will (like, for instance, a faction of the Sons of Lothar captured and tortured by the Shadowguard). As it stands, there are no new Void Elves, and certainly no Quel'dorei among their number - Void Elves are a specific handful of Belf exiles half-transformed into ethereals by Prince Durzaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    That works too! OR we could do some timewalking and Play in the scar, saving High Elves before Arthas can wipe them out. That would be a fun scenario running from the lich king and saving who you can, sending them to the present time.

- - - Updated - - -

Using Northeron would be great! Maybe they could say that some High Elves have been hidden there using the same runestone shielding that kept everyone out of Silvermoon. That has the potential for both Alliance and Horde content. The Blood Elves want to know what's happening on their doorstep and go to investigate.
    I'm not a fan of time travel (I think the last person to use time travel in fiction without it feeling like a cheap narrative shortcut was H.G. Wells), but I also don't think High Elves need their numbers justified - if Void Elves, Lightforged, Huojin, Tushui, and Bilgewater all make valid populations, Quel'dorei certainly match the criteria.

I do really like the idea of a new group in Northern Lordaeron/Greenwood, hiding in the shadow of their own captured Runestone. It would be a great way to reintroduce the WCII Helf visual palette, and a wilder, fiercer look would make sense, as these guys would have presumably spent the last decade and a half ranging the outskirts of a hostile territory.

I could imagine a group like this could really shine if the collective High Elves were forced to infiltrate some secure area in Quel'Thalas, or for reconnaissance. Say, Vereesa or Auric is taken prisoner on a pilgrimage to the Sunwell, to be used as a political bargaining chip, and these Greenwood Elves lead us through the backways and mountain paths on the edge of Quel'Thalas to rescue them.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    an army of High Elves, infinite in number, all riding their very own personal Titan mounts (not mounts FROM the Titans. Actual Titans of course) whilst wielding their awesome and unparalleled powers.
    You read my mind! <3
    Think they'll let our cosmetic heritage armor come with it's own special CC stunlock? If anyone ever beats me in PvP I'll QQ until I wet my diapers. And then I'll change into a unicorn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Or maybe it's because Umbric is their leader, and two purple Windrunner sisters would be the dumbest design move on the planet.
    Better than killing one of them for the stupidest of reasons.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    I'm not sure if war-paint is the solution to Silver Covenant playable elves, since it would fit some classes but not all and it would also require an option without war-paint (which would look too much like a Blood Elf).
    Perhaps if the High Elves formed a pact with the Blue Dragonflight, it could help differentiate them and explain them taking up the use of warpaint again. The Dragonmaw orc clan is defined by their use of dragons, so we already know this is a theme that can set a group apart. It could also give a story reason why the High Elves are using warpaint again, representative of their new alliance, and plays into the blue eyed theme.

I think the warpaint would work for all classes. A High Elf mage, priest, or paladin would all look great with those designs. Here are some thoughts on how druids forms could be executed if High Elves tie themselves to the Blue Dragonflight. Most of the new Zandalari forms could actually be swapped for these. Just remove the troll tusks and add dragon crests behind the head.

Add in "dragon crest" style hairdos for the elves, and you've got a good theme that would not require the mutation of the high elves. Heritage armor could have a blue dragonscale theme or something similar.
    Last edited by Traycor; 2018-03-16 at 05:43 AM.

Ugh no please, you are getting carried away.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2018-03-16 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what the fuck is this abomination

you want a blood elf with shit hair and funny tattoos? then the alliance players ask why horde always get cool and unique stuff like more druids, you guys are just asking the same boring shit with no real differences

and why the tattoo in the female elf goes until her vagina DansGame

also, NO MORE ELVES
    I main Alliance now, and I concur 100% with Syegfryed.

The high elf fanatics really need to seek professional help pronto.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

You read my mind! <3
    Think they'll let our cosmetic heritage armor come with it's own special CC stunlock? If anyone ever beats me in PvP I'll QQ until I wet my diapers. And then I'll change into a unicorn.
    You never answered the question....

Assuming that the supposition that Blizzard does have a problem with turning Blood Elfs into a de facto neutral race is true, would you be prepared to sacrifice the Blood Elf model in order to achieve Alliance High Elfs?

I'm not interested in whether or not you feel Blizzard justified in such a belief or not...just in whether you would accept High Elfs on a Night Elf skeleton?

I've presented a scenario and set up that expands upon the existing storyline but which keeps the High Elf identity, separates it from that of Blood Elfs, continues their story and makes them playable. Sacrifices were made...namely, to the model and the class selection...but options were put in to allow those to be reversed in time if desired. At the same time, I suggested some High Elf only benefits. High Elf druids which have long been requested. High Elf Shamans. The Botani Balance form. The Darkfallen joining the High Elfs. The class based eye glow. The possibility for a time travel quest (not necessarily needed but why not?)

And I will toss my agreement with others here. I think you are starting to get a little carried away here. The armour is a mess, the blue dragonflight link not needed and I think your attempt at creating the High Elfs overlooks certain basic facts...such as that it is self evident Blizzard aren't going to want to use the Blood Elf model for a race that is do thematically and culturally similar. Even the Void Elfs will be different so it isn't just a straight swap.

Would you sacrifice the Blood Elf skeleton to gain Alliance High Elfs?

Or am I wrong? I had thought faction identity was more important than the model which is why there was still a call for High Elfs. I can understand that and there are enough responses here to show some feel that way.

But you seem to be arguing that the model is what you want. Yes..you say you want the identity that goes with it, but when pushed with a solution that (I hope) tries to anticipate the objections Blizzard and other players might have with High Elfs, you resist. You push back. You want the faction identity but seem extremely reluctant to even considering the possibility of a High Elf that uses a different skeleton, even though there are a few such examples in game....Nozdormu and the San'layn.

So....which is it. The model or the identity. If you had just one.....which would you choose?
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2018-03-16 at 08:26 AM.

Perhaps if the High Elves formed a pact with the Blue Dragonflight, it could help differentiate them and explain them taking up the use of warpaint again. The Dragonmaw orc clan is defined by their use of dragons, so we already know this is a theme that can set a group apart. It could also give a story reason why the High Elves are using warpaint again, representative of their new alliance, and plays into the blue eyed theme.
    I think if you want to combine Dragonflights and druids it should be through the Green Dragonflight.

With the Dragonflights having become mortal iand unable to procreate it does open up the possibility for dragonflight inspired races but I think like worgen thet should transform from a normal humanoid body into a Drakonid/Dragonman or another more dragonic form up on entering combat (This might also be enough for differentiate "High Elf" Blue Drakonid from normal Thalasian Elves).

I think a time-themed Drakonid race would probably be the most interesting with perhaps a racial that allows them to "turn back time" for a few seconds. Having a time-based class would probably be too hard too implement but a time-based race with just a few limited abilities might work. It could also explain Nozdormu style humanoid forms.

Wrathion starting his own "Black Drakonid" race could also be interesting with a story of them trying to influence the horde or alliance from within.

Deleted

I think the warpaint would work for all classes. A High Elf mage, priest, or paladin would all look great with those designs. Here are some thoughts on how druids forms could be executed if High Elves tie themselves to the Blue Dragonflight. Most of the new Zandalari forms could actually be swapped for these. Just remove the troll tusks and add dragon crests behind the head.

Add in "dragon crest" style hairdos for the elves, and you've got a good theme that would not require the mutation of the high elves. Heritage armor could have a blue dragonscale theme or something similar.
    You had me hooked until High Elven dragon druids hah... Still, it's always good to theorycraft and I applaud you for keeping this thread going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    You had me hooked until High Elven dragon druids hah... Still, it's always good to theorycraft and I applaud you for keeping this thread going.
    Applaud him?

His vision of the Alliance High Elves is a race of Mary Sues.

Deleted
    Applaud him?

We don't see eye to eye on Alliance high elves, but I think it's great that he's dedicated and creative despite so many telling him, and probably being right that they won't/shouldn't happen, despite all that he's still churning out and spitballing ideas and concepts.

He's very creative and passionate, and I'd applaud that any time whether it's a class idea, race etc
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2018-03-16 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    We don't see eye to eye on Alliance high elves, but I think it's great that he's dedicated and creative despite so many telling him, and probably being right that they won't/shouldn't happen, despite all that he's still churning out and spitballing ideas and concepts.

He's very creative and passionate, and I'd applaud that any time whether it's a class idea, race etc
    That I can acknowledge, but that just means this topic is a waste.

It's a shame he can't invest that creativity into a race that actually stands a chance of being added, like Vulpera or Arrakoa.

Deleted
    That I can acknowledge, but that just means this topic is a waste.

It's a shame he can't invest that creativity into a race that actually stands a chance of being added, like Vulpera or Arrakoa.
    I wouldn't necessarily call it a waste, I'd say it's more of a creative outlet and a way to lament what could have been, people are free to steer clear if they have grown tired of these kinds of threads, at most it takes up a spot in the ''Recent forum post'' section of the front page, so I don't see how people are getting this frustrated about some people really wanting something

In terms of funneling his creativity into theorycrafting for another race sure, he could, but you of all people know how passionate and persistent if not downright stubborn Alliance High Elf lobbyists can be haha

I remember reading in somewhere that High Elves find tatoos and stuff like that unethical and the fact that Blood Elves started tatoo themselves was something unseen of.
    This is easily retconnable ofc. Also Alleria has tatoos if iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magister of Quelthalas View Post
    I remember reading in somewhere that High Elves find tatoos and stuff like that unethical and the fact that Blood Elves started tatoo themselves was something unseen of.
    This is easily retconnable ofc. Also Alleria has tatoos if iirc.
    They could call it warpaint, that could work

Also If you ask me I would prefer Wildhammers or even (This is my crazy dream) Man'ari (Eredar)! I beleive adding the High Elves would kinda hurt the lore at this point. Because Silvermoon is Blood Elven! (who are High Elven Race the difference is cultural mind you) So they should make them change as a race other than that they are just boring and nearly extinct. But you know how Blizzard is they can do anything they want! So who knows what the future holds.
    Last edited by Magister of Quelthalas; 2018-03-16 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Too many "Also"s

Quote Originally Posted by Magister of Quelthalas View Post
    Also If you ask me I would prefer Wildhammers or even Man'ari (Eredar)! I beleive adding the High Elves would kinda hurt the lore at this point.
    Sorry, can't take you seriously.

Applaud him?

I'm genuinely perplexed by this statement. The race wouldn't be any more "powerful" than any other race. Giving them a dragon theme is just an idea, it doesn't make them gods or anything. I mean, the Void Elves master the void even though it has corrupted supremely powerful beings, and that doesn't make them Mary Sue. The Zandalari can turn into dinosaurs, and it's not a Mary Sue. It's just a fun idea to consider.

If the problem is that they are "boring" then considering new and different ideas is the only way to go. It just needs to be something that doesn't mutate the High Elves into something else, such as what was done with Void Elves. As I said, the same was done with the Dragonmaw orcs.

Most of it was personal opinions and crazy dreams anyways. There is no serious opinion there. Also I want Fel Orcs and Felblood Elves to be playable, too. I have this weird wish to play evil races I guess. Also yes I know Felblood Elves more than likely extinct at this point.

Ok, let me this debate more interesting

Guess what a Blue just posted in the foruns:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618064288

Despite the animosity witnessed in the Azuremyst Isles, there have been many successful collaborations between Draenei and Elf in Warcraft.

The Shattered Sun Offensive in Quel'Danas for example has been one of the most successful. Another example can be seen in the Hinterlands, where the Draenei came to the defense of the local Quel'dorei.

While Void Elves were previously Blood Elves, remember most Sin'dorei alive today were also High Elves

Is that any clue for the future ... (of allied races)?

/discuss

/prepares popcorn