1. #5101
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Essentially, people being petty and not wanting to play Horde, because something about feelings or some other sensibility BS.
    The real pettiness comes from trying to shut down a discussion that isn't harming anyone.

    Do people feel offended there are those still talking about Alliance High Elves?

  2. #5102
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Essentially, people being petty and not wanting to play Horde, because something about feelings or some other sensibility BS.
    Or you know they are talking about something they would like to have happened despite being told no. If someone tells you no to get something you want, do you just stop thinking about it?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  3. #5103
    Wasn't there talk about Blood Elves with blue eyes due to Sunwell exposure? As barbershop option or sth?

  4. #5104
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Yeah, I do. Especially when it comes from someone that has control over whether or not you get it or not.
    Then you never cared to actually have it in the first place.

    Oh no, they said no ... guess I don't want it anymore. That literally makes no sense for anyone to think. You can accept you won't get it, but doesn't mean you stop wanting it. Those aren't the same thing.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  5. #5105
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Didnt Hazzikostas say that blood elves are high elves?

    I wonder why this discussion is still going on.
    They wanna be blonde and pretty but they don’t wanna play on the evil!!! side
    change can't wait.

  6. #5106
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    The real pettiness comes from trying to shut down a discussion that isn't harming anyone.

    Do people feel offended there are those still talking about Alliance High Elves?
    I’m offended that he’s told you no more than once but you cover your ears and say that what the game director says isn’t true or good enough for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Wasn't there talk about Blood Elves with blue eyes due to Sunwell exposure? As barbershop option or sth?
    I 100% support this. End this Helf discussion once and for all. Would be great for sin’dorei lore too
    change can't wait.

  7. #5107
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Except the difference is that they are available, you just don't want to play the faction they're on, but sure, lets assume that there's nothing that's been made for you.
    First off, I play Horde not Alliance. I don't want to play High Elf ... I am arguing against the bad logic of the Anti-Helfer side (I don't need to argue against the bad logic of the Pro-Helfers because well, the Anti-Helfers do a good enough job for the most part).

    I have mentioned that I personally don't care if they are ever made playable (though I am leaning to I hope one day they are, just to piss you anti-helfers off) ... I play Horde and I do see playable High Elves taking anything away from the Horde, I can see why people do but I personally find their reasons to be bullshit and in most cases to be actual bullshit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I’m offended that he’s told you no more than once but you cover your ears and say that what the game director says isn’t true or good enough for you.
    If that offends you, your definition of offensive needs work.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  8. #5108
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Didnt Hazzikostas say that blood elves are high elves?

    I wonder why this discussion is still going on.
    Mainly because while the blood elves being high elves is true, high elves aren't all blood elves. And this can be clearly seen in game, right now.

    Thus discussion remains, until Blizzard does something with their damned hanging threads of a plotline, there will always be someone who wants to play an Alliance High Elf. Because they are there, in plain sight.
    Last edited by Ithekro; 2018-05-08 at 12:11 AM.

  9. #5109
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post


    Well, you need to do better then. /shrug
    I put in as much effort as they do.



    Ah, maturity.
    Are you new to the internet?


    And thankfully you don't get to decide what does or does not affect people. If someone says it does then it does, regardless how you feel about it. I feel they shouldn't be playable for lore reasons and maintaining the faction wall.
    A wall that has a ton of holes? Yeah, sure "maintain" that illusion all you like. And no, that isn't how it works ... this topic is proof of that.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  10. #5110
    A faction wall that is meaningless when it comes to the topic of High Elves and Blood Elves being playable. Because both groups exist. One is on the Alliance and one is on the Horde. That is how it is right now in the game. There is no faction wall that needs crossing or breaking because these things already exist in game.

    What people want is to be able to play something that already exists within their faction. High Elves are already there, in the Alliance. That is the entire point and why the faction wall argument is pointless.

    If this was about as a race crossing over the line so someone could play it on the opposite faction, yeah it would be a valid argument and could be very heated. But the fact is, High Elves are already in the Alliance, and have been since the game started in 2004. They never left, and they didn't die. The Blood Elves, who are the admittedly larger population, joined the Horde when TBC launched after having left the Alliance following the events of the Third War (while some would say they left in the aftermath of the Second War, we'll give some agency to the Elves that fought at Lordaeron's side against the Scourge and later had a falling out at Dalaran centered around Kael and his Blood Elves growing magic addition issues (and Naga, and an asshole High Marshal)). Yet the Alliance still has High Elves to this day. They never crossed the faction wall, nor do they have to, because they are part of the Alliance since day one World of Warcraft.

  11. #5111
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Oh let me guess is this the part where you point out VE's, Nightborne, and Pandaren and declare you've proven something?

    Void Elves are seemingly different enough with their skin tones, tentacles, and void transformation during combat. Nightborne different enough with hair colors (I believe) that NE don't have access to, skin tones, and tattoos. And the failed Pandaren experiment that to this date; 6 years later, have not been replicated in that there have been no other neutral races.

    You know what isn't different from High Elves? High Elves. You know what Blood Elves are? High Elves. And what are High Elves? High Elves. And that there is the problem.

    But sure, maintain that delusion of you believing you have a point.
    You think that those races are the only things that break the "faction wall"? My sweet summer child, you are wrong.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  12. #5112
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post

    Hey btw, the sky is purple. Trust me.

    That depends on what zone you are in. Some places the sky is green, and others its orange.

  13. #5113
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Oh, damn you got a point there! Shit! Why didn't I see that?!?

    Oh yeah, because you didn't post anything.

    Hey btw, the sky is purple. Trust me.
    I get tired of posting the same stuff in this topic because people like you are incapable of seeing what is plainly in front of you
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  14. #5114
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I’m offended that he’s told you no more than once but you cover your ears and say that what the game director says isn’t true or good enough for you.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I 100% support this. End this Helf discussion once and for all. Would be great for sin’dorei lore too
    Sorry I misremembered, the new customisation option is golden eyes for Blood Elves due to sunwell crack

    http://de.wowhead.com/news=282946/bl...hree-new-faces

    But maybe they can find a middleground. The junkies living around the well go full gold, while the people in the outskirts of Silvermoon are just cured from the fel.

  15. #5115
    Pandaren Monk Melsiren's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,830
    So woke, I am happy we have this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

  16. #5116
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    So you have no other evidence. Cool, glad we got that covered. You can stop replying to me then.
    Sure as you tell me about the Vanilla Horde Paladins and the Vanilla Alliance Shamans and how Blood Elves were originally given to the Horde and Worgen to the Alliance despite fitting the "themes" of the opposing faction ... See? There is more, it's obvious and I get tired of mentioning it.

    And a Void Elf is just a purple Blood Elf and a Nightborne is a Nelf with silver/white hair and tattoos.
    Do I need to go on? The Faction Wall has been blurred every expansion including BfA .. the idea it's a rigid wall that cannot be eroded or blurred is pure nonsense.

    It's not I don't have more evidence, I get tired of repeating myself to you Anti-Helfers who don't have the decency to pay attention to the topic. And your only counters boil down to "don't count" and "was a failure"
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-08 at 01:04 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  17. #5117
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    What about them? What does this have to do with races and the faction wall.
    Did you really ask what about Vanilla Horde Paladins and Vanilla Alliance Shamans? You do know they didn't exist right (at least as playable)?

    I know some people in this thread seemingly like to pretend that WC3 never happened seeing as they want "the Elves of Wc2". But Blood Elves chose to side with the Horde considering the Alliance (at the time) was hell bent on killing them off as canon fodder on the front lines. Why should they stick around for it?
    And this really doesn't counter my point. It doesn't change the fact thematically Blood Elves fit Alliance, not Horde.

    Because Genn thought the Horde should be put down instead of being put in internment camps. Why in the seven hells would he join with what he hates?
    Same reason Blood Elves joined the Horde after fighting the Amani and Horde as High Elves. Why would the Blood Elves join one enemy because one race in the Alliance treated them poorly? Again, you are thinking literal and my question is about THEMES and actual faction identity ... it seems you think identity is who you are only rather than what you are as well.

    Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren all have the noble savage theme ... Worgen can be viewed the same way. Blood Elves and Worgen were made playable to encourage the opposing faction to try the other side.

    Stuff covered in years of lore since WC2, WC3, and WoW. You've presented nothing that hasn't been refuted so far.
    Claiming something has been "refuted" doesn't make it refuted.

    There it is, it's like I'm psychic! And that's been covered and addressed already.
    Doesn't really change the fact that is really all they are now does it?
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-08 at 01:22 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  18. #5118
    The simplest point to be made is that the Alliance still has High Elves, and has had High Elves since the first day that World of Warcraft launched. They haven't gone away. They are still there. And that is why people want to play as them. That is not hard to understand, nor does it have anything to do with the Horde or Blood Elves. People want to play what they can see in their faction, and High Elves are one of those things and have been one of those things since the game started.

  19. #5119
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Still has nothing to do with the Race and Faction wall. So I'll ask again, what's your point?
    It shows you don't understand the concept of a "Faction Wall." It's not just about race.

    Does not matter what they look like and what is perceived as where they should be. What matters is the story. You don't get to disregard that, even though you're going to.
    I haven't, but that doesn't change when concerning the ideal of faction identity.

    This is speaking to themes and perception, not what is. And what IS, is that the Blood Elves have; according to the lore, joined the Horde. And they joined the faction that; again at the time, wasn't trying to get them killed.

    Again, perceptions. Just because you perceive them; thematically (or some other way), for one side does not mean they should be on that side. Worgen being the perfect example. Genn hated the Horde and thought they should be killed off and not put in internment camps. Why would he all of a sudden decide to join the Horde?
    Do you even understand the concept of faction identity? If it is just about what is ... it's a meaningless tautology. So essentially, the conclusion you are arguing for is that "Faction Wall" is a meaningless distinction which means why would you care if it is blurred at all? You are already arguing to make it meaningless, but can't see it.

    And repeating yourself and choosing to ignore facts doesn't make them go away either, but hey, here you are.
    You haven't in fact refuted anything ... but keep trying. Unlike you, I haven't ignored facts ... you have chosen to dance around questions because you don't understand the concept.

    Different enough in Blizzards eye. You know what's not different enough in Blizzard eye?
    And despite what you people think Blizzard can in fact be wrong about their creation.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-08 at 01:55 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  20. #5120
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Then hopefully Blizzard does something to take that away. Whether it's being consumed by Void Elves, putting out Half-Elves, or simply rejoining Silvermoon for whatever reason. In terms of playability the faction wall should be adhered to, imo anyways.
    Lol! High Elves whole M.O. is that they don't delve into/rely on magics as dependently as their blood elf/void elf brethren. So I don't see that ever happening. And a few HE being in the rift doesn't equal the full force of HEs turning to the Void just in case someone wants to point that out, again.

    They definitely wouldn't rejoin Silvermoon ever as they've been continually shown to hate the Blood Elves. So that's another option that wouldn't ever happen. Heck we even see data-mined chatter that NEs are talking about the 'potential of humans' and High Elves were recognized as "diluting their bloodlines" in that regard.

    So honestly, those 2 above reasons, for so many people that like to bring in lore and say "High Elves are Blood Elves now" really seem to for some illogical reason think High Elves would go back to Silvermoon. That's not supported in any major way, neither is intentionally turning to a corruptive magic source like the BE and VE.

    Looks like some anti-helfers need to brush up on their own lore, if they even care to do.

    Now the point about Half-Elves, that's a maybe. Except there's been no huge push or showing for Half-elves in the universe and game, so that's pretty unlikely but possible scenario as well.

    I think the simplest implementation would be to add High Elves but first they have to meet 1 of 2 criteria they aren't meeting yet:

    1) More developing of their story to where they do become more visually different than Blood Elves to be playable.

    2) Be shown as a more active proponent in the current storyline that happens to take place during their introduction (even though technically they've had more development than some playable races already).

    I think once either of those criteria are met then they'll be playable.

    The whole "hope HEs just die out" is also illogical to say too since continually people were speculating that they'd die at Teldrassil, then that didn't happen. Then it moved to hope there's no presence of them in BfA. Then that didn't happen with additional High Elves being added. Now the goal-post has been recently moved to, "OK AFTER BFA NO MORE HIGH ELVES!"

    That in itself is hilarious to see.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •