1. #5201
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    All he knows to do is acting like a total butthurted arse with all that aggresive way of comunicating his ideas against this thread so people feel less and less encouraged to answer him because it ends feeling useless trying to argue with someone so hardheaded to understand anything against what he believes or wants.
    He's like that meme where people are huddled over a tv enjoying something and then he's standing there next to them telling them reasons they shouldn't be enjoying something.

    Yet the others huddled over just continue enjoying what they want and pay no attention to the dude.

  2. #5202
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    So you state that pro arguments are extremely weak when you can't proove it, and then call others delusional and being 'out of their minds', right, it seems fair.
    It's actually extremely easy to prove.

    The developers agreed with my arguments and not your own. In fact, Ion used arguments I've been using for years. When the ultimate arbiter of this debate agrees with one side over the side, then that de facto means the arguments of the losing side were weak.



    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Again with that forest high elf thing... do you realize that it is a concept art based on the most recent high elf lore addition to wow, Alleria?, just look how many of the draws depict blue warpaint, like the alleria ones, and no one is trying to force that concept on Blizzard... and the idea of them being physically stronger is just an idea based on an idea, is totally fanmade and just blind people takes this as canon...
    It's a silly concept you expect people to treat seriously as a potential jumping off point for playable High Elves. The problem being, you are trying to argue that a segment of the cultural tapestry that makes up the Blood Elves can be isolated from all the others and then expanded into something covering and justifying an entirely new race. Here's the problem, the Farstriders are a part of the Blood Elves and hence a part of the Horde. This particular 'theme' is already a part of the Blood Elven theme, is not unique and cannot stand alone unless you are hoping for a High Elf Allied race that can only be Marksmanship Hunters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    And you just saying that Night elves are wood elves is not honest, that would be fair if you were a new player and didn't knew about wow's lore, but your account has been made in 2012 and you don't trick anyone, nice try lil fella
    https://www.lby3.com/2005/10/29/bliz...e-of-warcraft/

    “We’re going to Outland to reopen these gateways and take the fight to the Burning Legion,” Metzen said. “Of course, Illidan is not going to be happy about this.”

    Blood Elves were chosen as the Horde expansion race in the Burning Crusade because designers were thrilled with how well Samwise had redesigned the classic wood elves with the night elves. And they knew that, “one day, high elves are going to have to get a facelift, too.

    “I don’t think anyone has abused high elves to this degree,” Metzen said.


    Once again, I provide a sourced interview backing up my point. Night Elves are Blizzard's take on Wood Elves. That this has to be spelled out by using an interview with the creator of the universe, Chris Metzen, rather than being apparent from the fact the Night Elves live in woods and are obsessed with Druidism, just goes to show you are so desperate to claim any theme for the High Elves that you're quite willing to deny it's currently in use by an existing race.

    Oh and for bonus points Metzen refers to High Elves and Blood Elves fairly interchangeably.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Sure, they were separated from their homeland more than a decade ago and they do not have their culture or the culture of the people with who are living with, but they are the same as BE, yeah, your arguments hold by themselves i see... and just the part of them 'losing the former to the later throught natural processes'... idk what are you even talking about, but if it is about their culture you don't have anything to back it up and if it is about their bloodline you don't have either because there aren't much known half-elves and we weren't told about them a from long time ago, and just much of them are from the RPG book and just a pair are considered canon as much. So again, I don't even know where your point is.

    Try to hold your own points first and then go point other's, all that passive-agressive crap for disuade others from answering just does not work anymore.
    The point is you are trying to pretend they are coming up with a unique theme and culture, when that isn't what is happening. They are slowly shedding the thalassian culture for a human one, not sitting around trying to come up with something unique for themselves.



    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    And if you just don't respect people wanting high elves i don't even know what are you doing here in the first place, you don't even care to look at the whole picture or take information when needed, you just want to make your point because that's the point you want to prevail but do not give anything more than denial of other's facts and behaving like a total arse.
    You conflate people and arguments. I do not respect the argumentsand I was very clear making that distinction. I mean it took me a quick google search to bring up the interview above proving Night Elves are Blizzard's take on Wood Elves, and hence your weak argument was dismantled using actual sources.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    All he knows to do is acting like a total butthurted arse with all that aggresive way of comunicating his ideas against this thread so people feel less and less encouraged to answer him because it ends feeling useless trying to argue with someone so hardheaded to understand anything against what he believes or wants.
    I assure you I am not 'butthurted'. After all, my position won. But if people want to rake over the ashes of this dead debate and pretend this can still happen I can keep contributing too.

  3. #5203
    Oh ravenmoon is back did you get tired of not having a blonde elf to rp in goldshire with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

  4. #5204
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It's actually extremely easy to prove.

    The developers agreed with my arguments and not your own. In fact, Ion used arguments I've been using for years. When the ultimate arbiter of this debate agrees with one side over the side, then that de facto means the arguments of the losing side were weak.
    So do you think that arbitrary choices makes something more or less true? you are a hyprocrite

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It's a silly concept you expect people to treat seriously as a potential jumping off point for playable High Elves. The problem being, you are trying to argue that a segment of the cultural tapestry that makes up the Blood Elves can be isolated from all the others and then expanded into something covering and justifying an entirely new race. Here's the problem, the Farstriders are a part of the Blood Elves and hence a part of the Horde. This particular 'theme' is already a part of the Blood Elven theme, is not unique and cannot stand alone unless you are hoping for a High Elf Allied race that can only be Marksmanship Hunters.
    And then again you are not even trying, can you read again what i wrote to you in the last post? in this thread were suggested even HE pirates goddamn, and no one is trying to force any of that, it is fan concept art, it is that hard to you to understand?

    And you aren't aware of the situation are you? Void Elves have rangers in their numbers too, just go to the Lordaeron scenario and look at them, did they stole it or they simply have it too and that's it?

    You have a very biased standard and willingness about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    https://www.lby3.com/2005/10/29/bliz...e-of-warcraft/

    “We’re going to Outland to reopen these gateways and take the fight to the Burning Legion,” Metzen said. “Of course, Illidan is not going to be happy about this.”

    Blood Elves were chosen as the Horde expansion race in the Burning Crusade because designers were thrilled with how well Samwise had redesigned the classic wood elves with the night elves. And they knew that, “one day, high elves are going to have to get a facelift, too.

    “I don’t think anyone has abused high elves to this degree,” Metzen said.


    Once again, I provide a sourced interview backing up my point. Night Elves are Blizzard's take on Wood Elves. That this has to be spelled out by using an interview with the creator of the universe, Chris Metzen, rather than being apparent from the fact the Night Elves live in woods and are obsessed with Druidism, just goes to show you are so desperate to claim any theme for the High Elves that you're quite willing to deny it's currently in use by an existing race.
    Night Elves are an adaptation of wood elves in the warcraft universe, but saying they are wood elves is being interested on use the part of the story that you want, Darnassians are more than wood elves and you know it, you are not tricking anyone dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Oh and for bonus points Metzen refers to High Elves and Blood Elves fairly interchangeably.
    It's fkn late 2005 we are talking here, the pair of times he uses the word HE is for refer to them as before being BE, he doesn't said anything about alliance HE after the renaming of those who remained in quel'thalas, he speaked specifically about the history of HE renaming themselves into BE, just, nothing, more. You are just being a passive-agressive donkey as always.


    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The point is you are trying to pretend they are coming up with a unique theme and culture, when that isn't what is happening. They are slowly shedding the thalassian culture for a human one, not sitting around trying to come up with something unique for themselves.
    I know what my point is, and my point is that a thalassian is a thalassian here and in any place, and you just saying that they are switching totally from one thing to another just for changing the place they live is not prooven in anywhere.

    HE does not need to have a great change to be acceptable as an alliance playable option (apart from looks, that is something that happens 100% of the time with added races and they would not be any near to Pandaren standards of looks), just being with their allies and being represented as something that is contrary to the other faction is enought, and I invite you to proove this wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    You conflate people and arguments. I do not respect the argumentsand I was very clear making that distinction. I mean it took me a quick google search to bring up the interview above proving Night Elves are Blizzard's take on Wood Elves, and hence your weak argument was dismantled using actual sources.
    I know what i'm talking about perfectly, you would not be treating people like a total arse if you respected them.

    And I want to believe that you just got wrong the idea of not respecting other people's ideas, because when someone points to you a fact and you don't respect it because it comes from a concept that you don't like is not something good you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I assure you I am not 'butthurted'. After all, my position won. But if people want to rake over the ashes of this dead debate and pretend this can still happen I can keep contributing too.
    You act like one with those manners and all that 'my position won, blablabla', if your position was that HE would not be added already, sure, you won, but what your position is about is of them not being added ever, and ohh b0i, if you believe that they aren't going to be added ever you are just being equally delusional as someone who thinks they are going to be added by a personal misinterpretation based on desire.

    If you want to continue this discussion I really suggest you to get rid of your bias or to get lost, is enought hardheaded arguing against for me.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2018-05-09 at 08:45 PM.

  5. #5205
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Again with that forest high elf thing... do you realize that it is a concept art based on the most recent high elf lore addition to wow, Alleria?, just look how many of the draws depict blue warpaint, like the alleria ones, and no one is trying to force that concept on Blizzard... and the idea of them being physically stronger is just an idea based on an idea, is totally fanmade and just blind people takes this as canon...

    And you just saying that Night elves are wood elves is not honest, that would be fair if you were a new player and didn't knew about wow's lore, but your account has been made in 2012 and you don't trick anyone, nice try lil fella

    .
    I thought night elves were an entirely new thing in wow, that were dark elves (Chris Metzen said so) but with a range of elements. They have the sorcery of the classical dark elf, but a deep forest love akin to wood elves, however they also have a powerful female priesthood with a female deity - also a dark elf thing. They are also lawfully good and the advanced wisdom/intelligence usually attributed to high elves. They are high elves, wood elves and dark elves rolled into 1. And counted as the original elf.

    They have a unique history that has elements of all these things together. #Our introduction to the night elves starts off at a stage in their history when they are very wood based state, but it's clear from the outset they are not to remain there, nor was that their origin, but it was an integral part alongside the arcane which is what made them (their essence) the divine, Elune the goddess, who they discerned after their elevation and this goes through several stages, leading to where we start with them, and then carry on and them develop to come to terms with their past and arcane legacy incorporating the progress and knowledge they have learnt from their more recently developed nature mastery.

    Even their druidsm and nature love is so unique, how it weaves in with their arcane heritage and theme. I haven't seen it in Elders scrolls or DnD, nor have I seen how blizzard did their arcane thing, the basis of it, being a well, the very visually powerful night themes that aren't locked in a cave underground but embrace the lights of the night - the moon and stars. And this touches every facet of them - magic, nature, worship.

    You never get the feeling they are anything like classical wood elves, they are something entirely unique, with this star/moon, night theme, it's so different, you can only say they are their own thing.

    Night elves aren't incapable of using the arcane nor hate it by some religious right, they haven't lost their arcane aptitude or essence. Their story has their large group abstain for 10,000 years, for specific reasons which end on their introduction, and it reveals to other groups (highborne and nightborne) who never do. Their moon priestesses wield arcane spells as do their druids, and their highborne and nightborne mages have moon and str themes in their arcane magic - quite unique

    How Obelisk Kai can think they are wood elves is beyond me, they are an adaptation of wood elves, but also of dark elves and of high elves. Chris Metzen literally said they are the dark elves of wow when they were first introduced, but something entirely of their own.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2018-05-09 at 09:09 PM.

  6. #5206
    Elemental Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Perfect balance is inherently impossible in a game with different classes and specs. If you don't share the kits of those classes and specs between factions, you add another variable that is impossible to balance perfectly. It's not possible to create two specs that have different strengths and weaknesses without causing some fights to be easier for one faction or the other. If the fight that one class makes easier is the hardest boss in a tier, it gives the entire faction a significant advantage. There is no way to correct for that. It's not difficult, it's a logical impossibility.

    The best they could do would be to keep that imbalance within a certain range, but given how much some players already complain about racials, the impact of having entirely different classes would be huge. Just consider how much people complained about the Will of the Forsaken and Every Man for Himself back in the day. Now, things like Berserking and Rocket Jump get a lot of attention. Having an entire class worth of inconsistencies like that would be a nightmare.
    Not saying it is easy, I am saying that it is possible. There is a different between possible and easily done.

    It is a retcon. Why would Void Elves use the same model as Blood Elves and not High Elves? Void Elves have changed far more. The in game models are representative of all members of a race, it's not like Overwatch where you have specific characters with different traits. Again, changing that would require someone to convince Blizzard to make an exception to a longstanding policy. The burden of execution is yours once again.
    High Elves, Void Elves and Blood Elves all use the same model ... I am just confused on what you are asking here.

    As for tattoos, it would require a retcon to make them something that separates High Elves and Blood Elves, because in the lore they share that history and nothing happened to cause one group to move on and the other not.
    That's not really a retcon though unless they explain it a manner that goes significantly back in time. They could explain the appearance of Tattoos in what's happened since the last time a large group was seen together canonly. If they explained "High Elves have always had tattoos" then yes a retcon. If they explain by X event happened and high elves chose to tattoo themselves because of said event ... it isn't a retcon, it's new lore. A retcon isn't needed to explain tattoos.

    High Elves = Blood Elves = Void Elves is just an oversimplification of the issue for the sake of weakening a perfectly reasonable argument. They may all be the same race, but Void Elves underwent significant changes and Blood Elves did not.
    Depends on your definition of reasonable and significant.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  7. #5207
    May 9th, 2018

    Still no High Elves in sight. Civilians report laughs coming from Blizzard offices in California. Mmo-champion solidifies itself as the world's number one provider of salt with no signs of stopping.

  8. #5208
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I thought night elves were an entirely new thing in wow, that were dark elves (Chris Metzen said so) but with a range of elements. They have the sorcery of the classical dark elf, but a deep forest love akin to wood elves, however they also have a powerful female priesthood with a female deity - also a dark elf thing. They are also lawfully good and the advanced wisdom/intelligence usually attributed to high elves. They are high elves, wood elves and dark elves rolled into 1. And counted as the original elf.

    They have a unique history that has elements of all these things together. #Our introduction to the night elves starts off at a stage in their history when they are very wood based state, but it's clear from the outset they are not to remain there, nor was that their origin, but it was an integral part alongside the arcane which is what made them (their essence) the divine, Elune the goddess, who they discerned after their elevation and this goes through several stages, leading to where we start with them, and then carry on and them develop to come to terms with their past and arcane legacy incorporating the progress and knowledge they have learnt from their more recently developed nature mastery.

    Even their druidsm and nature love is so unique, how it weaves in with their arcane heritage and theme. I haven't seen it in Elders scrolls or DnD, nor have I seen how blizzard did their arcane thing, the basis of it, being a well, the very visually powerful night themes that aren't locked in a cave underground but embrace the lights of the night - the moon and stars. And this touches every facet of them - magic, nature, worship.

    You never get the feeling they are anything like classical wood elves, they are something entirely unique, with this star/moon, night theme, it's so different, you can only say they are their own thing.

    Night elves aren't incapable of using the arcane nor hate it by some religious right, they haven't lost their arcane aptitude or essence. Their story has their large group abstain for 10,000 years, for specific reasons which end on their introduction, and it reveals to other groups (highborne and nightborne) who never do. Their moon priestesses wield arcane spells as do their druids, and their highborne and nightborne mages have moon and str themes in their arcane magic - quite unique

    How Obelisk Kai can think they are wood elves is beyond me, they are an adaptation of wood elves, but also of dark elves and of high elves. Chris Metzen literally said they are the dark elves of wow when they were first introduced, but something entirely of their own.
    Well since Aldo is currently unable to respond I'll respond to you instead.

    I get that Night Elves can be seen as a combination of certain Elf tropes. I can see the Dark Elf side of their inspiration very clearly although a lot of the tropes of that particular grouping have been removed from Night Elves. I would in fact be genuinely interested in seeing Chris Metzen's comments regarding them being the Dark Elves of WoW.

    For a long time I thought part of the genius of the Night Elves was that they were a combination of the idea of a Dark Elf and the idea of a Wood Elf. However I would argue that it is the wood elven part of their DNA that is the strongest. The reliance on Druidism, the veneration of nature, the fact that they live in trees...all of these are traditional wood elf tropes.

    I wouldn't class advanced wisdom and intelligence as specifically High Elven tropes though, I think that is more of a general 'elfy' thing. The Night Elves rejected everything the Highborne stood for following the War of the Ancients, and the Highborne are the progenitors of both Blood/High Elves and Nightborne. That is the true schism between the Elven races, between Druidism as practised by the Night Elves and the arcane powers of the Nightborne and the Blood/High Elves.

    So my own take is that the Night Elves's are WoW's take on Wood Elves. But the twist is that they've been mixed with dark elf tropes. So I agree with you for the most part. The reason I focused on the fact that the Night Elves are the Wood Elves of WoW (which they are although that is only half the story) is that there has been an effort by some in the pro High Elf community to invent a culture and theme for the Alliance High Elves that is distinct from the Blood Elves. This is an impossibility of course, Blood Elves and High Elves are a group divided by a political opinion. But because they believe the Alliance High Elves are primarily rangers, this idea has developed that High Elves can be the Wood Elves of WoW.

    Which is again ridiculous as WoW has perfectly good wood elves in the Night Elves. They can't claim WoW doesn't have wood elves when yes, WoW does have wood elves. Who are also Dark Elves, but that just makes them cooler.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    In think that is b/s b/c Warcraft can accommodate complexities between races that aren't pure black and white. Warcraft does not lose its integrity if some of the people in a race in opposing factions actually like each other though most of their kin don't.

    Making provision for this enriches the game and appeals to a lot of people without losing some of the core conflict basis.

    It's world of Warcraft, horde and alliance are just a stage of the vast stories of conflicts and peace too. And all the peace is not just gathered to one section, nor does it have to be. To say a situation like this is antithetical to Warcraft stupifies me, because blizzard itself in it's story has been antithetical because we have not always had was or fighting between the factions and dynamics constantly change.
    But I think it is antithetical to Warcraft. The entire premise of the game is built on Orcs versus Humans, and by extension Horde versus Alliance. The very first image anyone twenty years ago had encountering Warcraft was the box art of a human facing an orc in adversarial combat. No matter how far the franchise goes, it always returns to it again and again and again.It is far more fundamental to the game than the Titans, or our struggle with the Legion or the coming war between the Light and the Void, all that is secondary to our struggle with the other side.

    Even the periods where the Alliance and Horde weren't fighting, we always had our eyes on the next conflict. Even after this war concludes (hopefully with a Horde victory) it will just be a matter of time until we clash again.

    Remember what Jaina said

    “My father once told me that peace was like a dream: beautiful, ephemeral, unattainable. I didn’t listen. No one listened."

    There can never really be peace between the Alliance and the Horde because the game demands it. And we can't indulge those who wish to be friendly with the other side, who wish to opt out of the faction war, because that weakens the core of the game.

    You pick your flag when you join this game. You have pledged yourself to the Alliance, and I to the Horde. Some people play both factions, but most identify with the faction their main is on. There are no two factions in video gaming as iconic as the Alliance and the Horde. Nothing that arouses such intense emotions, or passion, or pride. And a massive part of their appeal is built on their mutual antagonism to each other, that we as players have other players we can define within the game as the enemy. The Alliance and the Horde are iconic because of each other, never underestimate that truth.

    That cannot be messed with, or trifled with. You can't tone it done or weaken it no matter how justified you think the goal or how minor you think the effect. The Alliance and the Horde must never truly come together. Against a common foe? Yes, sometimes, but always with one eye on the other and never, ever trusting them.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-05-09 at 09:29 PM.

  9. #5209
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    May 9th, 2018

    Still no High Elves in sight. Civilians report laughs coming from Blizzard offices in California. Mmo-champion solidifies itself as the world's number one provider of salt with no signs of stopping.
    It's not just MMO Champion, it's on the WoW forums. But it's the same few people constantly bumping a thread. It's become pathetic at this point, it's like they are actually trying to FORCE blizzard to take pity on them and fuck all else. Ion is evil cause he used common sense, people who disagree are trolls and so on. It's definitely salty.

  10. #5210
    No one is messing with the existing factions since their are and have been High Elves in the Alliance since World of Warcraft started. The players just want to be able to play as them, because they are there. "The Horde is there for you" doesn't fulfill that role, because that forces the player to cross the faction line. Void Elves don't fill that role, because they crossed the faction line to join the Alliance. The High Elves have been there and are still there, since the start of the game. That is a fact that cannot be denied.

  11. #5211
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    No one is messing with the existing factions since their are and have been High Elves in the Alliance since World of Warcraft started. The players just want to be able to play as them, because they are there. "The Horde is there for you" doesn't fulfill that role, because that forces the player to cross the faction line. Void Elves don't fill that role, because they crossed the faction line to join the Alliance. The High Elves have been there and are still there, since the start of the game. That is a fact that cannot be denied.
    Continually bringing up the fact that a few High Elves have been with the Alliance since WoW started is irrelevant. It deliberately ignores that the vast majority of the race, including the state of Quel'thalas, the army, the Magisters, the Farstriders and the Sunwell joined the Horde.

    Given that the vast majority of thalassian elves have opted to join the Horde, the few traitors (and yes, they are traitors. They have sided with foreign powers against their own government. That is the definition of a traitor) who remained with the Alliance do not have the right to represent the race. Void Elves crossed the faction boundary, but they had to abandon everything that defined them as High Elves to do so. They now have their own theme, their own flavour and are capable of having their own story.

    High Elves are identical to Blood Elves in every way except political affiliation, this is not enough to justify an Allied race. And the developers understand this, which is why they created the Void Elves as a variant for those who wished the model on the Alliance side.

    The Horde is there for anyone who wishes to play a traditional High Elf within the Warcraft universe.
    The Void Elves are there for anyone who wishes to play a variant of a High Elf within the Alliance with a unique flavour and story.

    In gameplay terms, one distinct thalassian elf per faction feels appropriate in this modern age of allied races.

  12. #5212
    That is your opinion and you can keep it.

    Mine is if its there within the faction with lore supporting their existence, than the ability to play it should be a plausible option. High Elves have that already. More so now that the need for a starting zone is no longer a thing and the population issue really isn't one anymore for Allied Races.
    Last edited by Ithekro; 2018-05-09 at 10:07 PM.

  13. #5213
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    That is your opinion and you can keep it.

    Mine is if its there within the faction with lore supporting their existence, than the ability to play it should be a plausible option. High Elves have that already. More so now that the need for a starting zone is no longer a thing and the population issue really isn't one anymore for Allied Races.
    The problem is that our opinions don't matter. The developers have sided with the anti High Elf position. The same ones who repeatedly bring up the population issue for High Elves (Caydiem quote, Warcraft Encyclopedia entry, Ion interview 1, Ion interview 2) which means there is definitely something to it.

    I am of course content with this because the developer stance matches my own opinion.

  14. #5214
    Your contentment is irrelevant to the thread. It serves only to troll at this point. I do hope you know that by now.

  15. #5215
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Your contentment is irrelevant to the thread. It serves only to troll at this point. I do hope you know that by now.
    Pointing out what should be obvious is not trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  16. #5216
    Elemental Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Your contentment is irrelevant to the thread. It serves only to troll at this point. I do hope you know that by now.
    Well, they do spend their time believing that the devs "sided" with them that his side has asserted context on the quotes not there.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  17. #5217
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Pointing out what should be obvious is not trolling.
    Repeatedly in a manner that is more or less gloating could be considered that though.

  18. #5218
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    I think it's pretty silly to say that Void Elves had to abandon everything that defined them as Blood Elves to cross the faction boundary (again trying to imply that High Elves on Alliance would need to cross faction boundary when this isn't the case since these High Elves being asked for already have been on the side of Alliance from the get-go).

    The Void Elves continue to have an air of superiority about themselves, they continue to like fancy things just as Blood Elves do, their only main difference is the focus on Void instead of having a culture focused on the Light/Sunwell.

    If you are someone that believes that one theme is enough to distinguish the two secs of thalassian elves to be playable then other select themes can be done as well. This is the basis for the continual ask for High Elves on Alliance.

    Everyone realizes it's all arbitrary and ultimately up to Blizzard's whim. They can spin around anything they wish to make it fit their game because it's their game. Just look at the Draenor AU news that just came out and a complete 180 of Yrel's character with no explanation. -Snap fingers- that's how fast Blizzard can change things on the fly and then work around the details to make them fit later on.

    This has always been their M.O. and High Elves will be no different. If Blizzard doesn't want to add them now, ok, but players are still going to ask because the ones who want them are not satisfied by the choices offered currently.

    And that's always what's kept these requests going and will continue to keep going. Because while a certain choice isn't in now, doesn't mean it won't ever be. And Blizzard has a track record for adding long requested things in. Even after they say "no" (again, spoiler, he didn't say no for High Elves forever).

    And of course the typical "we will gloat until it's actually added" crowd will continue like usual. Nothing new to see here but I do like dismantling Obelisk's opinionated yet unsubstantiated claims.

    It's clear the way he is speaking is to believe that Blood Elf is synonymous with High Elf, yet if that were truly the case then the game and developers who keep putting the things in the game wouldn't be differentiating them all the time. This last sentence will probably trigger some.

  19. #5219
    Pandaren Monk Melsiren's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,830
    If you don't want him "trolling" go back to the HE discord safe space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Pointing out what should be obvious is not trolling.
    It really shows the arrogance of their position when those that disagree must be trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

  20. #5220
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Repeatedly in a manner that is more or less gloating could be considered that though.
    Oh yeah it's very much gloating. Just like that Frog guy who would come in with "daily reminder that High Elves will never happen" except he doesn't seem to do that anymore because what a waste of time that would be yeah?

    Most just HE supporters to stop talking about High Elves, because then to them they will consider "the requests died out, people stopped talking about them finally" not realizing that just because people don't constantly post about it then it doesn't mean people all of sudden stopped wishing for it.

    What's kind of funnier too is that these threads probably wouldn't have as much activity if it weren't the the anti-crowd coming in and trying to gloat/argue But it must be too tempting to do so and complain about seeing the topic instead of actually "letting it die"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •