1. #5681
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    False.

    Shadowsworn Enforcer says hello. The High Elf one uses the Nelf Skeleton.
    Likely an oversight, but still makes your statement false.

    Also, Silvermoon City Guardian uses a modified Nelf Skeleton (at least, they did last time I was in Silvermoon) ... they be alive.
    Oversights are pretty much besides the point. And I'm well aware that Silvermoon City Guardians have a unique model. They're also skinnier than the current Blood Elf, because they all used to be thinner. They got roided up a bit to fit the Horde, though people weren't so much saying they were too scrawny before as they were saying that their faces looked gay.

  2. #5682
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Things I don't consider as facts: Random internet guy #1,036 saying, "Blizzard is wrong. I'm right. They should totally be playable, believe me."
    Ad-hominem (how ironic) and totally dishonest strawman, two birds in one shot huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    You know what's been said three times? "No."
    So saying they aren't going to add them because they have no plans is the same as saying they are never going to be a thing, stop rolling the roll again and again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    That's something I can prove. I can find the Blue posts that say that. You can't find a single Blue post that says anything to the contrary, and I know it. You ask why they can't be playable? Because 99% of them are dead or have evolved into Blood Elves. Blizzard has said so, and frankly, that's all that matters. There's your proof. Now where is yours? Oh, that's right... out there in the ether, where it can't be ascertained or demonstrated.
    Oke, give me those blue posts that totally gets rid HE from the table from the entirety of the future, but i'm going to tell you something, maybe HE population were decimated and a majority of them are now BE and horde, but sadly for you the fact is that HE are present in game in some alliance storylines and playable character with similar or even less population are on the selection screen.

    My proofs are in-game and lore proofs, dev decisions and plain common sense, i can't even give for example proof of Mag'har or Dark Iron Dwarves being decided to be playable on the past, maybe considered and devs acknowledging the community desire on them, but there you have it, they are now playable and until this point the future were open for them, and it came with the allied race system, what can you give?

    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/5086-high-elves/ what's this?

    Yes, he was just a community manager, but it's Blizzard's voice no? anyway i'm not going to take it as a fact but instead show it to say that Blizzard acknowledges this, and they didn't said no to HE so anything can happen in the future, them being or not being added, but we already did not got an answer or have something verifiable against the idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    You can keep pretending I'm mad all you want. Truth is, the reason you're even posting in this thread is because you are mad. I'm posting in this thread to watch all of you squirm like ingrates.
    Pretending? who is pretending? i just saw in how manner you answer and what words do you use and deduced that, so try to calm down when writing here or you are going to seem like a very mad person.

    And truth is that i'm posting here for defend my posture, the truth is that you don't like that others oppose your (by your standards) magnificient posture is not the same as people answering you by getting mad, and that's sad because at this point is very clear that some of you (yourself included) is trying to get people upset here by giving dishonest and senseless responses.

    But well, gimme those delicious blue posts you are talking about.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2018-05-16 at 02:08 AM. Reason: lel forgot to delete the main quote

  3. #5683
    Mechagnome serendipity11's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If it's true that horde is getting the vampires, that leave alliance open to possibly get another elf race.

    As interesting as that is. It's clearly a fake image. I doubt any allied races are gonna start at level 80, or have hero classes because blizzard is on a kick about this "Start from 20, level to cap, get neato gear!" Seriously both Zandalari and Dark Iron should be able to be death knights lore wise. That's a fact. I wouldn't even care if they were ineligible for the cosmetic armour. Just let allied races be hero classes!!!!

    San'layn are a cool idea but even if they happen they're not getting death knights, and not starting above 20. Not unless they come in the expansion after BFA and they change the protocol with allied races. Assuming they even going to introduce more allied races after BFA.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

  4. #5684
    It's 300 pages of a once fun fan project ruined by a handful of Horde players, that aren't satisfied that one dev moved the scale in their favor. They have to crush any enthusiasm no matter how unlikely, out of spite. (Of course, many of the same haters, are happy to entertain the San'layn)

    Flipping through 10 pages, and they keep bringing up one dev that called Pandaren neutrality a mistake. A dev that no longer works for Blizz or has any decision power.

    They should have kept the threads separate instead of letting this one turn into shitposting about "lul Alliance Blood Elves".

  5. #5685
    Pit Lord Sigxy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Your heart!
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    They should have kept the threads separate instead of letting this one turn into shitposting about "lul Alliance Blood Elves".
    You say that, but the fact that they merged all of these threads together sort of proved that people are a bit tired of seeing 10 different High Elf threads each week.

    People just got to remember that when you come and post here, not everyone will agree with you. Everyone have different opinions and we're all allowed to share them here, no matter if it's in order to agree or disagree.

  6. #5686
    Pandaren Monk Melsiren's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,830
    The only good San'layn is a dead San'layn.

    Proud member of the "No more fucking elves." Camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

  7. #5687
    I think the first post already has enough to set the Blood Elves apart from High Elves. Regardless, I think that Blizzard should just own up to not making High Elves playable just because they dont want to, not because they're too similar to Blood Elves.

  8. #5688
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    No, i agree that if dev says they won't be implementing something into game, they won't be doing it. No matter how hard some "fans" are screaming.
    Ahem

    Paladin/shaman factions

    Classic servers

    Demom hunters

    And THESE are just without thinking.

  9. #5689
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    (Of course, many of the same haters, are happy to entertain the San'layn)
    I assume that's because San'layn are more vampire than elf. Elf and vampire themes overlap. They're high class, fancy, magical, immortal, beautiful, proud, often have pointy ears, and so on. But vampires do it all in a distinctly vampire way, so it kind of erases the elf identity. Their twist places them in an extremely different niche where they won't step on any toes.

    Of course, it'd be annoying to have yet another Horde elf, but they could focus on the monstrous side more than the elf. That's the selling point of the San'layn.

    With High Elves, I'm not seeing a strong core identity built in that would be able to survive lazy writers. A vampire can't just be written as a generic elf without personality or identity, you can't just write them without thought to the backstory that separates them from any random D&D inspired basic elf.

    High Elves are different. I feel that if High Elves are not marked by their history, Blizzard's lazier writers will forget it. Thus will begin an erosion of any identity constructed for them, and they'll eventually wind up essentially indistinguishable from Blood Elves or the already watered-down Night Elves.

    So I'm mostly looking around this thread for an idea that's idiot-proof. That distinctly reflects and builds upon Blizzard's High Elves and what separates them from the other Elves in the setting.

  10. #5690
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    It's 300 pages of a once fun fan project ruined by a handful of Horde players
    Woah there. You mean to say Horde players might react a little negatively to a campaign to take the Horde's most popular race, give it tattoos, and put it on the Alliance? You know, a second time, because you guys cried your eyes out that the first pass wasn't pretty enough?

    Who'd have thought!

  11. #5691
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    23,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ahem

    Paladin/shaman factions
    Classic servers
    Demom hunters
    And THESE are just without thinking.
    Yeah, and those are things that devs were adamant about NOT implementing despite having "great" occasion to do so

  12. #5692
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    The only good San'layn is a dead San'layn.

    Proud member of the "No more fucking elves." Camp.
    Honestly, I just want more elves to mess with you guys.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Ad-hominem (how ironic) and totally dishonest strawman, two birds in one shot huh?
    Why are you still bothering with him?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Paladins/Shaman: Game balance. Can't have equal and competitive game play when factions have access to classes the other does not.
    Eh ... not entirely true. You can, so long as one class doesn't have tools that outshine the other class. It is just easier to balance and things are NEVER equal in a game.

    Classic servers: A movement to make more money and protect their IP or risk losing it. Hardly comparable to that of an in game race.
    Conjecture based off little. We still know too little to make any statements of the sort.

    Demon Hunter: Were never said to not be happening, when in actuality they were pushed back as Devs thought they didn't fit for either gameplay/mechanic/lore reasons or simply didn't meet the expectation they had for the class at the time.
    Yeah, pretty much true ... they were considering Demon Hunter in Vanilla and BC as a class.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  13. #5693
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Paladins/Shaman: Game balance. Can't have equal and competitive game play when factions have access to classes the other does not.

    Classic servers: A movement to make more money and protect their IP or risk losing it. Hardly comparable to that of an in game race.

    Demon Hunter: Were never said to not be happening, when in actuality they were pushed back as Devs thought they didn't fit for either gameplay/mechanic/lore reasons or simply didn't meet the expectation they had for the class at the time.
    Pretty sure they said no to demon hunters at least once

    Annd despite what you say it DOES prove they WILL change things.

  14. #5694
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    (...)
    But they just exactly tried to implement - at the first point of introducing allied races, in so called "compromise". The point is, they failed to solve the case. Not because they didn't want to go far enough, but rather that they chose way to go on wrong assumptions - that model and eye color are the key, and new void theme can be just "cool" upgrade here.

    Anyway, I hope that introducing elven vampires will once and for all, eliminate all fears about imbalance in potential player numbers. If so, then we will see, how much unwilling they really are.
    Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-05-16 at 12:44 AM.

  15. #5695
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

    Eh ... not entirely true. You can, so long as one class doesn't have tools that outshine the other class. It is just easier to balance and things are NEVER equal in a game.
    This is all years in the past now of course, but I always thought it would've been better to just give shamans an earth-based tanking spec so we weren't missing an extra tanking class on the Horde at the time.

  16. #5696
    Pandaren Monk Melsiren's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, I just want more elves to mess with you guys.
    So for no other reason than wanting to troll.

    Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

  17. #5697
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    23,003
    Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    But they just exactly tried to implement - at the first point of introducing allied races, in so called "compromise". The point is, they failed to solve the case. Not because they didn't want to go far enough, but rather that they chose way to go on wrong assumptions - that model and eye color are the key, and new void theme can be just "cool" upgrade here.

    Anyway, I hope that introducing elven vampires will once and for all, eliminate all fears about imbalance in potential player numbers. If so, then we will see, how much unwilling they really are.
    Yup, and compromise is about two sides meeting halfway. Now its time for you guys to accept deviantART elves as your pity reward and accept that high elves will never be playable like good children.

  18. #5698
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    If both were designed to be equal then in all aspects of the game, yes I'd be in full aggreeance, but they weren't and they're not in this case.
    That was more due to Blizzard's poor planning than anything else. There were a lot of weird spells/abilities in the game throughout the years.

    Meaning if they allowed people to utilize their IP with no discretion then when someone else comes along and tries charging for their version of the product, they'd have no legal ground to stop them as they were allowing others to utilize their IP.

    But seeing as they've been shutting down private/pirate servers; which takes money due to lawyers and court fees, propping up your own version of Vanilla servers to make a buck and also help mitigate said court/lawyer fees whilst also protecting their IP is a damn smart move.

    That's hardly conjecture when you simply look back on all the Private/Pirate servers that have come and gone in WoW's history.
    So your evidence is they want to protect their things, therefor giving Classic servers is a way to make money? We don't know if Classic will require a subscription or be included with current sub or have a separate sub ... that's conjecture on your part assuming it will make money for Blizzard.

    The number of people who played on private servers fall into three groups: Those that play retail as well, those that no longer can play retail and those who don't wish to pay to play retail. Two of the groups yield effectively no money to Blizzard, potentially all three.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    So for no other reason than wanting to troll.

    Gotcha.
    Well, it is more you are so adamantly against more elves (despite there being a huge number to pick from). It is like in WoD where everyone was sick of Orcs.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  19. #5699
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    halfway
    We will be waiting for Blizzard devs in that halfway, for when they finish to wander some strange sideways.

  20. #5700
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    23,003
    Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    We will be waiting for Blizzard devs in that halfway, for when they finish to wander some strange sideways.
    Aka "When they finally cave to our demands".

    Isn't this what those children who lie on the floor of toystore, screaming and hyperventilating are thinking ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •