1. #5781
    there is no issue.
    you were told no.
    you just refuse to listen
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

  2. #5782
    Issue: High Elf NPCs in numbers. In the Alliance. They are there. They aren't playable for, frankly, inane reasons. They serve only to tease players now. That's the issue. The constant tease.

  3. #5783
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Issue: High Elf NPCs in numbers. In the Alliance. They are there. They aren't playable for, frankly, inane reasons. They serve only to tease players now. That's the issue. The constant tease.
    they are slowly being killed off
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

  4. #5784
    Bloodsail Admiral Nexsa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Issue: High Elf NPCs in numbers. In the Alliance. They are there. They aren't playable for, frankly, inane reasons. They serve only to tease players now. That's the issue. The constant tease.
    It appears thanks to the pro-HE they have noticed. Looks like they are starting to remember and remove them from things they did have them in for BfA.

    Thank you for reminding Blizzard they are a remnant of a remnant.

    Blood Elves are the big remaining story for High Elves. They deserve more story, customization and more. Just like all other races that aren't allied races.

    #BloodElvesAreTheHighElves

  5. #5785
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    It appears thanks to the pro-HE they have noticed. Looks like they are starting to remember and remove them from things they did have them in for BfA.

    Thank you for reminding Blizzard they are a remnant of a remnant.

    Blood Elves are the big remaining story for High Elves. They deserve more story, customization and more. Just like all other races that aren't allied races.

    #BloodElvesAreTheHighElves
    There is a measure of truth in this I would wager.

    Arcanist Ilira is now a Blood Elf and was replaced Alliance side by High Sorceress Marala in the warfronts.

    I would say Blizzard might have grown a bit lax about adding High Elves, and this endless debate reminded them.

  6. #5786
    Pandaren Monk Melsiren's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    It appears thanks to the pro-HE they have noticed. Looks like they are starting to remember and remove them from things they did have them in for BfA.

    Thank you for reminding Blizzard they are a remnant of a remnant.

    Blood Elves are the big remaining story for High Elves. They deserve more story, customization and more. Just like all other races that aren't allied races.

    #BloodElvesAreTheHighElves
    Well its like what I, and others have said time and time again. What the we know as HE are a reactionary group, they are pretty much the shadow of the BE.

    Every single time we have BE doing any thing. (Other than the reliquary their mirror is the explores league, and in WOD we had the Draenei.)

    There is HE group (mostly the Silver Covenent) who opposes them for one reason or another. Every single HE story development is just part of the BE story.

    I asked some one in this thread to name times we see the Silver Covenent with out there being the Sunrevers or Farstriders nearby. I NEVER got an answer.

    The Void elves could easily become the new faction mirror.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2018-05-16 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

  7. #5787
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Issue: High Elf NPCs in numbers. In the Alliance. They are there. They aren't playable for, frankly, inane reasons. They serve only to tease players now. That's the issue. The constant tease.
    They aren't playable on the Alliance because they are playable on the Horde.

    And isn't this a sort of hypocrisy? Earlier you were going on about how simplistic the narrative is in game because it is based on race and this is one of the reasons why. You see a small group of NPCs whom Blizzard clearly likes to use a storytelling tool and you push that it has to be playable.

    Maybe they don't mind that you are teased by it? Maybe if they feel this group has as role to tell in the story then they will do that? Maybe the feelings of the pro High Elf community aren't some kind of veto on Blizzard's decision making process? Maybe we could have those more complex stories if it didn't lead to unreasonable demands as a result?

  8. #5788
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    THESE ARE SPOILERS BTW!!

    Something funny from the Before the Storm snippet: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen.../snippet_3.png

    Sylvanas mulling over the fact that she believed the "first" few races of Horde (Orcs, Tauren, Trolls) never trully accepted the later additions, the Forsaken, Goblins, and Blood Elves.

    Then she feels proud of herself for "changing all that" so Blood Elves truly weren't seen as iconic to the Horde story for more than a decade but now under Undead Elf leader, the Horde may see more of the "later races" in the spotlight.

  9. #5789
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    they are slowly being killed off
    And that would be fine. It would end the issue. One way or the other.

  10. #5790
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Well its like what I, and others have said time and time again. What the we know as HE are a reactionary group, they are pretty much the shadow of the BE.

    Every single time we have BE doing any thing. (Other than the reliquary their mirror is the explores league, and in WOD we had the Draenei.)

    There is HE group (mostly the Silver Covenent) who opposes them for one reason or another. Every single HE story development is just part of the BE story.

    I asked some one in this thread to name times we see the Silver Covenent with out there being the Sunrevers or Farstriders nearby. I NEVER got an answer.

    The Void elves could easily become the new faction mirror.
    The Void Elves are the new mirror. They are the answer to the decade of begging and pleading these people have been doing, but since they turn their noses up at them, they feel Blizzard owes them more.

    I have never seen a more humiliating case of a group of people not being able to take no for an answer. Constant reading between the lines and fictional scenarios meant to justify an end that is, in all likelihood, never going to happen. Ion made it evident that as long as the Blood Elves are a Horde faction, Blizzard has no intention of giving the Alliance a version of it outside of Void Elves. He made that quite clear.

    Blizzard does not owe them anything. And it's sad that they are too ingrateful to graciously accept what compromise was given to them, or play Horde to play the race they are so adamantly in pursuit of. To me this just screams the behavior of a small, spoiled child. They have two options before them, yet they continue to demand a third.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-05-16 at 05:36 PM.

  11. #5791
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    And that would be fine. It would end the issue. One way or the other.
    they really only have 2 options.
    Kill them off or split the high elves up(some join VE and some Join BE)
    the taunting is getting annoying.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

  12. #5792
    Pandaren Monk Melsiren's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    they really only have 2 options.
    Kill them off or split the high elves up(some join VE and some Join BE)
    the taunting is getting annoying.
    The "HE" story is really at a point where it needs closure. The VE story is future for Thalassian elves on the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

  13. #5793
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I made that comment over two weeks ago...does necromancy count within a thread?

    Still, the point stands.

    The Silver Covenant are a story prop, nothing more. And SI:7 is a story prop, nothing more. You are correct that the idea of SI:7 becoming a new race is ridiculous.

    That is of course the point. A story prop is a story prop and is fated to remain a story prop.

    Just as the Silver Covenant will never be used as the basis for a High Elf Allied race. That the SC is pretty much all the Alliance High Elves that are left is meaningless in terms of the ultimate fact that they are a prop.
    Hadn't been around for a while and didn't check the date, but since you have replied I guess you don't mind.

    No, the point does not stand. Your SI:7 comparison is not accurate to the context.

    There's no other faction allied to either horde or alliance, comprised of a non playable race, who has the same level of exposure than the Silver Covenant High Elves.

    And if you make a once intended story prop keep showing up, you are giving it more importance than a prop should have, and that has been Blizzard's fault, not the audience. If you continue to use an element as part of world building, you are obviously weaving that element into the narrative, to the point you draw attention to it and people will ask about that. It's pretty evident High Elves haven't been used as a "one off", you can't blame a part of the audience for noticing they are a recurring presence and providing engagement, that's how storytelling works, that's how we become invested on plot elements/characters as an audience. It might be a plot element you personally dislike, but others have evidently have felt differently.

    I cannot think of any other group that has been given the same level of exposure across multiple expansions. That is Blizzard's fault.

  14. #5794
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    The "HE" story is really at a point where it needs closure. The VE story is future for Thalassian elves on the Alliance.
    So let's have that then, why aren't we having any resolution? Anyone really knows? Regardless of anyone's personal wishes for High Elves on the alliance, they are definitely a group that exists -unless you don't "believe" in high elves at which point no one can do anything about- a group that people either want playable or gone, and regardless of the outcome, the better path is just simply to give them resolution, any resolution.

    You can't just ignore them but keep arguing against people that don't, neither you can keep saying how much sense they make and they should be added when the devs have no intention of that. But we ALL should be on board with the High Elves on the alliance finding a resolution, a conclusion, regardless of what "side" it favors.

  15. #5795
    There's a lot of non-playable groups though.

    The Silverpine Furbolg?
    The Revantusk?
    The Aerie Peak Wildhammers?
    The Taunka?
    The Jinyu?
    The Hozen?

    The only difference between High elves and those is that there is a big demand for playable High elves that has been there since 2007 and in some cases earlier.

    Recently I've been playing Everquest 2 and I really lament some of those features not being in Wow.
    It's so much more RP friendly when you can choose your alignment, and if you're an evil race, you can personally become good and betray your faction.

    Learning other languages is also a neat thing. The technology has been there since Vanilla but it's literally never been used, the closest is the Mage spell allowing you to understand allied faction languages but still not the same.

    If betrayal was in, I'd make a Blood elf, betray the Horde, get exiled, prove myself to the Alliance, and voila, I'd take up the name High elf.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2018-05-16 at 08:58 PM.

  16. #5796
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    The Void Elves are the new mirror. They are the answer to the decade of begging and pleading these people have been doing, but since they turn their noses up at them, they feel Blizzard owes them more.

    I have never seen a more humiliating case of a group of people not being able to take no for an answer. Constant reading between the lines and fictional scenarios meant to justify an end that is, in all likelihood, never going to happen. Ion made it evident that as long as the Blood Elves are a Horde faction, Blizzard has no intention of giving the Alliance a version of it outside of Void Elves. He made that quite clear.

    Blizzard does not owe them anything. And it's sad that they are too ingrateful to graciously accept what compromise was given to them, or play Horde to play the race they are so adamantly in pursuit of. To me this just screams the behavior of a small, spoiled child. They have two options before them, yet they continue to demand a third.
    This is so dramatic. Look, people that wanted High Elves just aren't gonna be happy with Velves by the simple reason they aren't the outcome they were expecting, nor even an outcome that satisfies the reasons why people wanted High Elves. Void Elves aren't an answer for people that wanted High Elves on the alliance, they are an answer for people that wanted to be a thalassian elf on the alliance.

    Yes, high elves aren't going to be a thing, and I too wish that people accepted that, but that's not up to me, nor is it up to you, but the fact that people like you keep saying that people that wanted high elves should be "grateful" for Void Elves as a compromise seem that will never understand why people wanted High Elves on the first place, and would rather paint them as "spoiled children" because that's a far cleaner narrative, to not accept any validity on any argument that people made for High Elves.

    And that certainly is a very childish thing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    There's a lot of non-playable groups though.

    The Silverpine Furbolg?
    The Revantusk?
    The Aerie Peak Wildhammers?
    The Taunka?
    The Jinyu?
    The Hozen?

    The only difference between High elves and those is that there is a big demand for playable High elves that has been there since 2007 and in some cases earlier.

    Recently I've been playing Everquest 2 and I really lament some of those features not being in Wow.
    It's so much more RP friendly when you can choose your alignment, and if you're an evil race, you can personally become good and betray your faction.

    Learning other languages is also a neat thing. The technology has been there since Vanilla but it's literally never been used, the closest is the Mage spell allowing you to understand allied faction languages but still not the same.

    If betrayal was in, I'd make a Blood elf, betray the Horde, get exiled, prove myself to the Alliance, and voila, I'd take up the name High elf.
    There's also the difference that all of those groups have been relevant for 1 appareance, 2 in the case of the Cata Revamp at most.

    Silver Covenant High Elves have been a presence for 4 expansions, across multiple conflicts, from 2008 to 2017, almost a decade. And a lot of anti High Elf people try to diminish this fact. It's not about "HE should be playable," but people have to understand this is on Blizzard first and foremost, you don't just crap on Blizzard when you personally agree on the reason.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2018-05-16 at 11:49 PM.

  17. #5797
    I agree that blizzard has been stringing you along, for many years now.

    Although they do it with many races like Hozen/Jinyu it seems especially malicious and drawn-out with HE.

    This is why I encourage you not to put stock in hope and optimism in getting your way, only when they decide to do it will it happen.

    Until then they are milking your subscription monies while you pray for rain.

  18. #5798
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Arcanist Ilira is now a Blood Elf and was replaced Alliance side by High Sorceress Marala in the warfronts.
    Wait, so they took an Alliance High Elf NPC and literally made her a Horde Blood Elf instead? Nice change if so.

  19. #5799
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    I agree that blizzard has been stringing you along, for many years now.

    Although they do it with many races like Hozen/Jinyu it seems especially malicious and drawn-out with HE.

    This is why I encourage you not to put stock in hope and optimism in getting your way, only when they decide to do it will it happen.

    Until then they are milking your subscription monies while you pray for rain.
    What continuation of story have the Jinyu/Hozen received since Mists? People are talking about "Silver Covenant are a prop" well a prop doesn't continue having story progress right? A prop would be something like "oh they placed some hozen here" but nothing exactly comes from it.

    I agree with @MyWholeLifeIsThunder in that it isn't the player's but Blizzard's fault for continuing to progress the Silver Covenant story if they were meant to be a one-off thing or a prop. And I agree that any kind of resolution for them should happen so that they aren't this anamoly that they currently are, it's actually very strange and I'm not sure anyone but Blizzard would be able to answer why, after all this time, have the Silver Covenant and majority of Alliance High Elves not had a resolution to their fate, but instead continue to get some moments of story progression.

    Although I can't see some of the proposals people have thought up:

    1) All joining the VE - High Elves separated from BE due to using chaotic fel magics, they aren't going to join another group of their brethren doing essentially the same thing.

    2) They end up joining back up with BE - The narrative has continually spinned High Elves and Blood Elves as hating each other. Doesn't matter that there's one or 2 characters on each side who want them to be back together again, the majority of each group despises the other.

    The "cleanest" albeit boring solution would be killing them off, that for sure gives resolution and falls in line much better than the other 2 proposals because those are completely out of character to happen to High Elves if it did.

    If Blizzard are trying to play the long con though then we'll probably have some form of Alliance High Elves, either through Half-Elves (who would carry the legacy of all High Elves that were part of the Alliance from the HE/BE split) or they'll be transformed to become something else with a more unique visual aesthetic, just like how Void Elves are transformed Blood Elves.

    But before people jump on me, here's the in-game description for when you create a Void Elf:
    Seeking to harness the corruptive magic of the Void, these outcast elves endured an unexpected transformation. They are determined to master their newfound powers and resist the whispers eager to lure them into madness.
    Emphasis on 'unexpected transformation' means currently until Blizzard clarifies it, there aren't any incoming Void Elves to bolster their number and the speculation that High Elves are turning into them, is just that for now: speculation. Since the character description wouldn't make sense if they willingly go through the transformation.

    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_elf_(playable)

  20. #5800
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    What continuation of story have the Jinyu/Hozen received since Mists? People are talking about "Silver Covenant are a prop" well a prop doesn't continue having story progress right? A prop would be something like "oh they placed some hozen here" but nothing exactly comes from it.

    I agree with @MyWholeLifeIsThunder in that it isn't the player's but Blizzard's fault for continuing to progress the Silver Covenant story if they were meant to be a one-off thing or a prop. And I agree that any kind of resolution for them should happen so that they aren't this anamoly that they currently are, it's actually very strange and I'm not sure anyone but Blizzard would be able to answer why, after all this time, have the Silver Covenant and majority of Alliance High Elves not had a resolution to their fate, but instead continue to get some moments of story progression.

    Although I can't see some of the proposals people have thought up:

    1) All joining the VE - High Elves separated from BE due to using chaotic fel magics, they aren't going to join another group of their brethren doing essentially the same thing.

    2) They end up joining back up with BE - The narrative has continually spinned High Elves and Blood Elves as hating each other. Doesn't matter that there's one or 2 characters on each side who want them to be back together again, the majority of each group despises the other.

    The "cleanest" albeit boring solution would be killing them off, that for sure gives resolution and falls in line much better than the other 2 proposals because those are completely out of character to happen to High Elves if it did.

    If Blizzard are trying to play the long con though then we'll probably have some form of Alliance High Elves, either through Half-Elves (who would carry the legacy of all High Elves that were part of the Alliance from the HE/BE split) or they'll be transformed to become something else with a more unique visual aesthetic, just like how Void Elves are transformed Blood Elves.

    But before people jump on me, here's the in-game description for when you create a Void Elf:

    Emphasis on 'unexpected transformation' means currently until Blizzard clarifies it, there aren't any incoming Void Elves to bolster their number and the speculation that High Elves are turning into them, is just that for now: speculation. Since the character description wouldn't make sense if they willingly go through the transformation.

    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_elf_(playable)
    How is HE head canon superior to Hozen head canon?

    If I create a 300 page Hozen allied race thread with photoshop mockups, endless debate, and a private discord would that be sufficient?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •