1. #5981
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux- View Post
    Elves with tentacle hair.
    Not all hairstyles have tentacles.

  2. #5982
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux- View Post
    Still waiting on something conclusive about this. Because currently Void Elves are exclusively the result of being forcibly transformed by a now dead Ethereal. It's not something any of them actually wanted or studied for, they were being turned into void creatures against their will. I don't see them being keen to replicate it unless some new developments occur. Theres Elves being trained now yes, but it'd be more likely to me they wind up like Alleria rather than perma greyscale Elves with tentacle hair.
    The conclusion has already arrived with Magister Umbric's recent lines:

    Do you believe we have earned the trust of the Alliance?

    "So long as Silvermoon stands with the Horde, there will always be those who mistrust us.

    But the Alliance is where our people belong. I am more certain of that now than ever before.

    Stay the course, $n. Show our comrades in the Alliance that we fight for the same cause.

    One day the Horde's grip on our land will be broken, and the children of Quel'Thalas will stand united once more.

    I know it."


    He is talking directly to the player character Void Elf, answering a question the player asks about "earning the Alliance's trust" - something which Alliance High Elves would never have to do since they've already been loyal for pretty much WoW's existence to the Alliance.

    Therefore, currently (as in right this moment), every player made Void Elf is an exiled Silvermoon Blood Elf that is part of Magister Umbric's crew.

    People can make believe all they want that their Void Elves are High Elves, but it doesn't change the reality that this is what the current story for player character Void Elves are at the moment. Means these Void Elves have none of the History of the Silver Covenant, or Highvale, or groups like that who've had story progress within WoW. They pretty much have the history of Blood Elves up until the moment they changed into Void Elves.

    This also implies they haven't yet made new Void Elves either.

    The Void nearly claimed you?

    "I led us right into the ethereals' trap. If not for Alleria Windrunner's intervention, we would have been lost.

    As it was, the shadow energies transformed us... and opened our minds to the whispers of the Void. Without Alleria's guidance, we would have fallen into madness.

    She has helped us quiet our minds. Dampen the whispers. It is a constant struggle."


    http://www.wowhead.com/news=284450/b...magic-spoilers

    It isn't up to interpretation anymore. Could this change in the future? Absolutely, but that's not the case right now.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2018-05-21 at 04:25 PM.

  3. #5983
    Part of the problem with the idea that Void Elves are as a compromise solution to High Elves is that it doesn't take hardly any semblance of a proper compromise into account.

    A) One group asked for High Elves.

    B) The other side says you can't have those because they look like Blood Elves.

    A) Okay, than how about we alter the model in some way so the High Elves look different from the Blood Elves.

    B) Okay, we will give you blue Blood Elves with sometimes tentacles.

    A) Wait, I thought you didn't want to give us Blood Elves.

    B) Blood Elves are essentially High Elves.

    A) What!? Couldn't you just do the same thing to the High Elves, make them blue? I mean you already have them in game so it would just be to satisfy the lore.

    B) .... (silence and no explanation given)

    A) Hello? High Elves?

    B) You can't have High Elves because they look like Blood Elves, take your Void Elves and be happy.

    A) But those are Blue Blood Elves, not High Elves.

    B) Blood Elves are essentially High Elves.

    A) Sigh. What about a normal skin tone option or Worgen style transformation so the RP crowd can at least pretend they are High Elves?

    B) You can't have High Elves because they look like Blood Elves. You need to play Horde for that.

    A) But you already gave us Blue Blood Elves.

    B) Blood Elves are essentially High Elves....(repeat indefinitely).


    I mean Blue Blood Elves with or without tentacles looks really good and people do and will play them, but they aren't a good compromise for High Elves. It only satisfies the people that wanted the model on the Alliance side. Not the people that wanted the either the natural skin tone for RP uses, or the Lore people who wanted to continues the High Elf storyline of those High Elves we see that didn't stay with the Blood Elves, nor joined the Horde.
    Last edited by Ithekro; 2018-05-21 at 05:58 PM.

  4. #5984
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Part of the problem with the idea that Void Elves are as a compromise solution to High Elves is that it doesn't take hardly any semblance of a proper compromise into account.

    A) One group asked for High Elves.

    B) The other side says you can't have those because they look like Blood Elves.

    A) Okay, than how about we alter the model in some way so the High Elves look different from the Blood Elves.

    B) Okay, we will give you blue Blood Elves with sometimes tentacles.

    A) Wait, I thought you didn't want to give us Blood Elves.

    B) Blood Elves are essentially High Elves.

    A) What!? Couldn't you just do the same thing to the High Elves, make them blue? I mean you already have them in game so it would just be to satisfy the lore.

    B) .... (silence and no explanation given)

    A) Hello? High Elves?

    B) You can't have High Elves because they look like Blood Elves, take your Void Elves and be happy.

    A) But those are Blue Blood Elves, not High Elves.

    B) Blood Elves are essentially High Elves.

    A) Sigh. What about a normal skin tone option or Worgen style transformation so the RP crowd can at least pretend they are High Elves?

    B) You can't have High Elves because they look like Blood Elves. You need to play Horde for that.

    A) But you already gave us Blue Blood Elves.

    B) Blood Elves are essentially High Elves....(repeat indefinitely).


    I mean Blue Blood Elves with or without tentacles looks really good and people do and will play them, but they aren't a good compromise for High Elves. It only satisfies the people that wanted the model on the Alliance side. Not the people that wanted the either the natural skin tone for RP uses, or the Lore people who wanted to continues the High Elf storyline of those High Elves we see that didn't stay with the Blood Elves, nor joined the Horde.
    I think most of the rejection of void elves come from two things:
    - They are not a continuation of the high elf/Silver Covenant story, but rather a new group that wasn't properly seeded in the world;
    - Their transformation and thus new appearance comes from the use of forbidden dark magic, which the high elves rejected.

    Some other storyline that changed high elves using some other power source would probably appease high elf fans way more. For instance, I always wanted to see the 5.2 Thunder King storyline continued. There, the Silver Covenant helped Jaina empower the Storm Staff of Antonidas. The staff was never used for anything. Why not get back to that storyline and use the staff to change the high elves into some sort of "storm elves" with lightning eyes, lightning "tattoos" and glowing hair details (they could even have blue skin! And even the same racials could have worked, with you empowering yourself with lightning rather than void, or teleporting via electricity).

    It would feel natural, even rewarding, for people who followed high elf lore all this time.
    Whatever...

  5. #5985
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    Care to share link about that? especialy that they will rearrange the game AFTER BFA
    Sorry, but can't keep source to every hint about every topic a read a day, so feel free to address only second part of that statement only then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    WC1-WC2. It was f**king common fantasy with "good vs bad".
    Well, thast's called classic. And there is nothing wrong, with people wanting classic motives somewhere in the background of the game. High Elf fans are rather clear, that they want classic elf. Do You act the same way with people asking for Ogres?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    so you again want to wipe history happened during WC3
    Totally opposite - this is why I speak against equating Blood Elves with High Elves, and so them loosing core concept. In defense of them. Because what I associate with Blood Elves story as one of the most important symbols is the Dead Scar - would that could be never cured. Blood Elves were always scared people. And those, who equate them with High Elves, harm them - rob of what is most beautiful in them - their unseen scars.

    And as for High Elves - rare ones, that never participated in hard decision made to survive, but are still presented in story - none of my ideas was about turning back the past. I would be personally repulsed by Blizzard just arranged retaking Quel'Thalas and recoloring it in blue. It's time for them to to come to terms with losing homeland, losing their people, and start something new. For their independent development. I have in fact went further, in pushing them out of that past in my suggestions, that most of the High Elves fans.

    And so, even if You can call me little bit nostalgic, and little bit bind to classical motives - I'm for sure not this kind of High Elf fan You think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    You my dear are "expected loses"
    For now.

    I acknowledged it already in previous post, bringing notes about Blizzard experimenting on different kind of dark elves. Because these sugests, that they are in fact working slowly on it. This is not end of the WoW yet, isn't it? I have nothing against waiting and seeing effects.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    People just need to use a little imagination.
    Imagination won't change that, Void Elves are recognized as continuation of Blood Elf story, not High Elf story, even by the people strongly opposing to playable High Elves.
    Imagination won't change, that they are in fact Anti-High Elves, pushing further practices rejected by High Elven exiles, with whom High Elf fans feel usually most connected.
    Imagination won't change, that they are deeply rooted in dark elf aesthetics, not classic elf aesthetics

    And peoples imagination can only harm Void Elves themselves, who won't be developed on any interesting, fitting territory, as they going to stay with no properties and no character, to not discourage further High Elves fans. Such hybrid have no future - other, than staying purple toy with no character, because their design and current lore in fact pushes them to become something dangerous in time, and pleasing High Elven fans requires opposite.

    At this point I can't even stand their name. It reminds me painfully of Kylo Ren from Star Wars - emotionally unstable teen, placed in position of villian from some unknown reason, in the film that was one total waste of time.
    Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-05-21 at 06:32 PM.

  6. #5986
    Dreadlord Hawkknight97's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Stormwind to other places.
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Part of the problem with the idea that Void Elves are as a compromise solution to High Elves is that it doesn't take hardly any semblance of a proper compromise into account.

    A) One group asked for High Elves.

    B) The other side says you can't have those because they look like Blood Elves.

    A) Okay, than how about we alter the model in some way so the High Elves look different from the Blood Elves.

    B) Okay, we will give you blue Blood Elves with sometimes tentacles.

    A) Wait, I thought you didn't want to give us Blood Elves.

    B) Blood Elves are essentially High Elves.

    A) What!? Couldn't you just do the same thing to the High Elves, make them blue? I mean you already have them in game so it would just be to satisfy the lore.

    B) .... (silence and no explanation given)

    A) Hello? High Elves?

    B) You can't have High Elves because they look like Blood Elves, take your Void Elves and be happy.

    A) But those are Blue Blood Elves, not High Elves.

    B) Blood Elves are essentially High Elves.

    A) Sigh. What about a normal skin tone option or Worgen style transformation so the RP crowd can at least pretend they are High Elves?

    B) You can't have High Elves because they look like Blood Elves. You need to play Horde for that.

    A) But you already gave us Blue Blood Elves.

    B) Blood Elves are essentially High Elves....(repeat indefinitely).


    I mean Blue Blood Elves with or without tentacles looks really good and people do and will play them, but they aren't a good compromise for High Elves. It only satisfies the people that wanted the model on the Alliance side. Not the people that wanted the either the natural skin tone for RP uses, or the Lore people who wanted to continues the High Elf storyline of those High Elves we see that didn't stay with the Blood Elves, nor joined the Horde.
    This comment perfectly explains the very problem of Void Elf situation . They are Blue Blood Elves. In fact I might as well use this nice Quote to remind the ignorant entitled butthurt Thalassian Fanboys that Void Elves are not the Quel'dorei, High Elves that Players have been asking for.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

  7. #5987
    Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    Sorry, but can't keep source to every hint about every topic a read a day, so feel free to address only second part of that statement only then.
    then don't bring such statement without actuall proof. (for now i see this only something like another headcanon)

    Well, thast's called classic. And there is nothing wrong, with people wanting classic motives somewhere in the background of the game. High Elf fans are rather clear, that they want classic elf. Do You act the same way with people asking for Ogres?
    I would care about ogres when they will be introduced. AND EVEN if they somehow will end up in Aliance - i will accept it, because for NOW they are not playable by any faction. And you want classic? Wait for Vanila servers OR you know? you have enough mmo there with "classic" good elves. Blizzard want create something different - this hurt your comfort zone - you push blizzard back - blizzard don't want be pushed back.


    Totally opposite - this is why I speak against equating Blood Elves with High Elves, and so them loosing core concept. In defense of them. Because what I associate with Blood Elves story as one of the most important symbols is the Dead Scar - would that could be never cured. Blood Elves were always scared people. And those, who equate them with High Elves, harm them - rob of what is most beautiful in them - their unseen scars.
    dread scar was never healed only because it's part of BC content. Hell even orgrimmar got total rebuild in shorter time, and Stormwind got hit and rebuilded too (and even expanded with naval part).

    And as for High Elves - rare ones, that never participated in hard decision made to survive, but are still presented in story - none of my ideas was about turning back the past. I would be personally repulsed by Blizzard just arranged retaking Quel'Thalas and recoloring it in blue. It's time for them to to come to terms with losing homeland, losing their people, and start something new. For their independent development. I have in fact went further, in pushing them out of that past in my suggestions, that most of the High Elves fans.
    Most of "High elf fans" want "classic" elves in good guys faction. They want to be beautifull, pretty, elf paladin (especialy this class got biggest pain in the butt of "High elf fans"). They don't try to create something new. they pulling from the past. I am sad that Traycor wasted so much energy on pulling the past wich now innerhited by Blood elves, instead creating something new from CURRENT ones.
    And so, even if You can call me little bit nostalgic, and little bit bind to classical motives - I'm for sure not this kind of High Elf fan You think.
    For now.

    I acknowledged it already in previous post, bringing notes about Blizzard experimenting on different kind of dark elves. Because these sugests, that they are in fact working slowly on it. This is not end of the WoW yet, isn't it? I have nothing against waiting and seeing effects.
    you not and most of your "High elf fans" have problems with waiting. Every time i read discord of them there something like "ion prick" "i expect them to be 8.1-8.2", "ion will be fired if he won't create them asap" and other statements.

    And every time when you pull Alleria stronghold there (and in discord) answer me. DO YOU HONESTLY BELIVE THAT ELVES WHO LIVED THERE ONLY BECAUSE THEY GOT STUCK will stay there all that time instead some of them going home in silvermoon/dalaran/etc.? Like hell even Auric gone to Silvermoon for negotiations, and after all BC events main "dividing force" between so called "High elves" and Blood elves are old grudges of Veressa, and some of them who can't separate current horde from one that attacked them during second war.

  8. #5988
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    you have enough mmo there with "classic" good elves
    And who do You think You are, to show people the doors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    Blizzard want create something different - this hurt your comfort zone - you push blizzard back - blizzard don't want be pushed back.
    Create, then waste. Create, then destroy. As now is destroying idea of Blood Elves from TBC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    dread scar was never healed only because it's part of BC content.
    So information about it being irreversible - presented both in game, and in it's description - is also just my headcanon? Yeah. And for sure any prof, that I have some point about abandoning previous ideas for Blood Elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    They don't try to create something new. they pulling from the past. I am sad that Traycor wasted so much energy
    You are contradicting yourself in this paragraph. High Elf fans don't create anything new, so You are sad, that they wasted energy in creating new appearances, for development of their race. Traycor used old concept as a base, for new population - similar for example to Highvale Elves. There is nothing to be sad for people invest their work in what they see most worth it, wven if You dion't agree with their decision. I myself, in contrast to what You say - suggested here few ideas for news settlements - actually having no current visual precedence in WoW, but consistent with conceit of classic elf.

    You perfectly know, that this aesthetics will never be useful for Blood Elves, but You still oppose High Elf fans to reuse it, and game to serve more diverse tastes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    most of your "High elf fans" have problems with waiting.
    And You state this on the basis of observation of how they loyally wait for their race for more than actual decade, yes?

    I'm not sure, how to discuss with such prejudices. Nothing I see here, reflects behavior You describe. High Elves fans who spoke up since I joined, were creative, flexible, willing to compromises and clear in message, that they want classic elves independently derived from the High Elf story. Not Blood Elf remake, not Blood Elf story continuation, not Blood Elf model etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    old grudges of Veressa, and some of them who can't separate current horde from one that attacked them during second war.
    I dont't ask You about opinion of in game politics and sympathies, as they can only in fact blur the image, that people sympathizing with other side of that coin, have in fact equal to yours right to their own interpretation, and continuation of their side of story.
    Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-05-21 at 08:49 PM.

  9. #5989
    Personally I don't understand why they WOULDN'T be added at this point, those who don't want to play another elf character don't have to make one. Problem solved?

  10. #5990
    Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsBrenda View Post
    Personally I don't understand why they WOULDN'T be added at this point, those who don't want to play another elf character don't have to make one. Problem solved?
    In short, because it would lower the standard for playable races in terms of distinctive identity, in particular between factions.

    Blizzard has been committed to introducing new and creative races for either faction, and it's important that they maintain that pursuit, or we risk losing a wider breadth of options in favor of filling in the insignificant details in between. From Blizzard's perspective on this specific topic, the issue is that the fantasy of this particular race is embodied by Blood Elves, and they are something that is intended to make the Horde appealing. To recreate that fantasy on the other faction, especially with 2018 levels of quality, would take something unique and valuable to the Horde, strip it of its distinctiveness, and overshadow its quality. That would only serve to make the Blood Elves, the Horde, and in turn the game as a whole less appealing, all for the sake of adding redundant pieces that lack the unique identity we have come to expect for playable races in terms of visuals, fantasy, and story. That is not a direction I want to see Blizzard take the game, because I think it discourages creativity and panders to a minority at the expense of the game's overall quality. I believe that adding them would placate a small group of players in the short term, but wouldn't be worth it to any of us in the long term.

  11. #5991
    Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    And who do You think You are, to show people the doors?
    maybe the one who want Warcraft to be somewhat unique from common fantasy worlds where dakr = evil, light = good, elves, dwarves, humans = goodguys, orcs, trolls, undead, goblins = bad guys?

    Create, then waste. Create, then destroy. As now is destroying idea of Blood Elves from TBC.
    "desctruction is done". Chronicles cemented it. 0,0001% chances that blizz will retcon after releasing chronicles.
    So information about it being irreversible - presented both in game, and in it's description - is also just my headcanon? Yeah. And for sure any prof, that I have some point about abandoning previous ideas for Blood Elves.
    corrupted land can still be taken and trown out of there if needed. i don't think it's deep enough corrupted soil with no chances of actually clear it. But okay

    You are contradicting yourself in this paragraph. High Elf fans don't create anything new, so You are sad, that they wasted energy in creating new appearances, for development of their race. Traycor used old concept as a base, for new population - similar for example to Highvale Elves. There is nothing to be sad for people invest their work in what they see most worth it, wven if You dion't agree with their decision. I myself, in contrast to what You say - suggested here few ideas for news settlements - actually having no current visual precedence in WoW, but consistent with conceit of classic elf.

    You perfectly know, that this aesthetics will never be useful for Blood Elves, but You still oppose High Elf fans to reuse it, and game to serve more diverse tastes.
    so list please "aestetics" wich won't be used by Blood elves and WHY they won't be used? Hairstyles and tatto (later mostly) not there only because we lack them FROM THE START ON EVERY F**CKING RACE! Every race have some kind of warpaint/tattoo, but they started implement them with AR. So what stopping them from ACTUALLY adding them to normal races AFTER BfA (because they said that main focus in BfA are Alied Races)?

    And You state this on the basis of observation of how they loyally wait for their race for more than actual decade, yes?

    I'm not sure, how to discuss with such prejudices. Nothing I see here, reflects behavior You describe. High Elves fans who spoke up since I joined, were creative, flexible, willing to compromises and clear in message, that they want classic elves independently derived from the High Elf story. Not Blood Elf remake, not Blood Elf story continuation, not Blood Elf model etc.
    decade of demanding of return to classic fantasy world so Warcraft will end up again another "meh" mmo lorewise, where cool guys Human, dwarves, elves, and gnomes overpower everything on their path. Oh and i just can't stop imagining how many "High elves" would start scream on horde that they are "loyal, proud, clear, etc, etc. (holly hypocrites)" just because they play for the "right faction". And how much damage it will do to faction population AGAIN, and then AGAIN Aliance will scream "horde bias" when after adding "High elves" blizzard would try to AGAIN balance faction by adding something cool to horde race (dragonkin for example). But yeah - Horde bias.
    Also - tell me. Where is Ogres for Horde thread of 300 pages and ancestors knows how much posts on bnet forums? even if they were part of the horde from start. i don't see any. Where big thread of 300 pages for San'layn? i don't see it. Taunka? Wildhammer? Dragonmaw? I. DON'T. SEE. THEM. show how "biased" aliance and hore eh?

    I dont't ask You about opinion of in game politics and sympathies, as they can only in fact blur the image, that people sympathizing with other side of that coin, have in fact equal to yours right to their own interpretation, and continuation of their side of story.
    you can do whatever you want, without "High elves" being added to Aliance.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-05-21 at 10:54 PM.

  12. #5992
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    maybe the one who want Warcraft to be somewhat unique from common fantasy worlds where dakr = evil, light = good, elves, dwarves, humans = goodguys, orcs, trolls, undead, goblins = bad guys?


    "desctruction is done". Chronicles cemented it. 0,0001% chances that blizz will retcon after releasing chronicles.
    corrupted land can still be taken and trown out of there if needed. i don't think it's deep enough corrupted soil with no chances of actually clear it. But okay

    so list please "aestetics" wich won't be used by Blood elves and WHY they won't be used? Hairstyles and tatto (later mostly) not there only because we lack them FROM THE START ON EVERY F**CKING RACE! Every race have some kind of warpaint/tattoo, but they started implement them with AR. So what stopping them from ACTUALLY adding them to normal races AFTER BfA (because they said that main focus in BfA are Alied Races)?


    decade of demanding of return to classic fantasy world so Warcraft will end up again another "meh" mmo lorewise, where cool guys Human, dwarves, elves, and gnomes overpower everything on their path. Oh and i just can't stop imagining how many "High elves" would start scream on horde that they are "loyal, proud, clear, etc, etc. (holly hypocrites)" just because they play for the "right faction". And how much damage it will do to faction population AGAIN, and then AGAIN Aliance will scream "horde bias" when after adding "High elves" blizzard would try to AGAIN balance faction by adding something cool to horde race (dragonkin for example). But yeah - Horde bias.
    Also - tell me. Where is Ogres for Horde thread of 300 pages and ancestors knows how much posts on bnet forums? even if they were part of the horde from start. i don't see any. Where big thread of 300 pages for San'layn? i don't see it. Taunka? Wildhammer? Dragonmaw? I. DON'T. SEE. THEM. show how "biased" aliance and hore eh?

    you can do whatever you want, without "High elves" being added to Aliance.
    So why does this sound so personal for you? Like someone's trying to steal your dog and claim it was theirs originally? No one has asked for anything their faction does not already have...at least at the baseline. There are Blood Elves in the Horde and High Elves in the Alliance. Its been that way since the Blood Elves joined the Horde. No one is stealing from you in any way.

    If you think High Elves will steal from the Horde, than the Horde has a problem with retention, because Blood Elves wouldn't go away. This isn't a request for making the Blood Elves into High Elves, its a request to make the High Elves that are already in the Alliance playable.

    As to why do you see 300+ pages for High Elves and not the others? The other races aren't contested by people. There aren't multiple appearances of Ogres in the Alliance settlement, nor screen time given to them even in the Horde much. Their aren't San'layn in any Alliance questing hubs, and only recently in Horde questing in BfA. Wildhammer's aren't seem in Horde questing hubs, nor do they get much screen time in the Alliance story.

    But High Elves? We have them in multiple questing hubs in the Alliance. In Stormwind. We see them in Dalaran and they are given a relatively large amount of screen time relative to several playable races. And than, on top of that, there is the Blood Elves that get their own screen time for the Horde and several questing hub, plus of course Silvermoon, though you don't see all that many Blood Elves in the other Horde cities (NPCs). So both sides have these similar elves in their questing content, quest hubs, and a share of screen time in their faction questing content. Yet one version is playable and the other is not. The one that is not has been requested to be playable since before the other joined the Horde. So therefore 300+ pages of thread due to a fairly unique situation within the World of Warcraft. A species that is divided between two faction for a decade (our years, not game years), one playable, one not. Of course people are going to want to play the group that isn't playable, yet is present and given screen time.

  13. #5993
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    Warcraft to be somewhat unique from common fantasy worlds
    It is already done - orcs and undead are one of most important protagonists, drows have been shown without any corruption. Future development, especially dome by allied race system - offering only secondary race choice - will not change it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    chances that blizz will retcon
    Are always huge. However I don't think, if such acts, as for example new knowledge, would count as retcons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    so list please "aestetics" wich won't be used by Blood elves and WHY they won't be used?
    Those concepts won't probably be used, because they are abandoned since WC2. Because never since that time there was no need for specially highlight that aspect of Thalasian elf concept. Because story of Blood Elves went on the other tracks - and so we get rather new runic tattoos on the cover of the TBC, and totally new light theme today. Despite already having rangers in Quel'Thalas - we didn't get any elf looking like Alleria before in WoW, because that was never chosen as crucial in way of presenting them and leading their story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    another "meh" mmo lorewise, where cool guys Human, dwarves, elves, and gnomes overpower everything on their path.
    Do You have some complexes or something? I agree, that faction balance in numbers are important thing. And so I hope for Blizzard to succeed in recreating Blood Elves result, in favor of the Horde - I already told You this twice. I would never take myself way of implementing High Elves, that would in fact be harming for Horde - like popular lately idea of retaking Silvermoon for example - as acceptable solution.

    I have rather specific taste when it comes to sympathizing with races and characters on my own, but I would never think of prohibiting others to experience fantasy world in their own way, no matter what I would think about it. You already have Your non evil orcs and undead as protagonists, in world, that still gets more complicated, and even starts to portray classically good associated force of light, as nuanced. And no one is taking it back from You - with High Elves or without them. I fully support portraying Alliance as more morally ambiguous as well, and even giving them races that not look obviously "good" at first place.

    But during growth in complexity of the Warcraft universe, little more narratives can start to coexist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    Where is Ogres for Horde thread of 300 pages (...) Where big thread of 300 pages for San'layn?
    You know why they do not occur?

    Because despite these races being frequent demands, mentioned all the time in many threats - there are no people searching occasion to mock their fans. No people willing to discredit or disgust the object of sympathy, convince that it is unachievable, impossible, that you have to "grow up" or acknowledge something, invent various kinds of the even most absurd arguments, present aggression, envy or just troll.

    Look at the thread about Botani - it doesn't grow, because no one is willing to fight with people just because they want some work done on particular race. Same under the topic of Broken - people just take a comments about how would they like to implement particular race. This also could be another thread like that - just with people particularly interested in what High Elf is, and what it could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    you can do whatever you want, without "High elves" being added to Aliance.
    People who direct so much aggression towards High Elf fans, would't be the ones, whom I would ask for permission for anything - sorry for that. Apart from the fact that this is neither mine, nor yours decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Blizzard has been committed to introducing new and creative races for either faction, and it's important that they maintain that pursuit, or we risk losing a wider breadth of options in favor of filling in the insignificant details in between.
    However - even from that perspective High Elves are case on their own, as there is no precedence for such longstanding popularity, and so - hard to justify on the basis of the decision made for them any new general rule.
    Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-05-22 at 12:17 AM.

  14. #5994
    Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    However - even from that perspective High Elves are case on their own, as there is no precedence for such longstanding popularity, and so - hard to justify on the basis of the decision made for them any new general rule.
    It would take the place of something with an identity of its own, and would damage faction lines. Even if you view it as an exception, it still does harm.

    All of the proposed ways around that damage to faction identities have problems too. The reality of the situation is that no matter how they are introduced, there will be permanent damage to the game. Simply not adding them avoids all that entirely. The only problem with not adding them is that some people don't get quite exactly what they want. The more prudent option not only prevents that damage to the game, but is entirely reversible should the circumstances change. Once added, however, they could never be removed or changed.

    That popularity is also somewhat misleading, because people simply don't mean the same thing when they say, "We want Alliance High Elves to be playable." Even within this thread, there is disagreement about what exactly that means. Some believe it should be the Silver Covenant, with a strong arcane connection, others believe it should be the Quel'Danil High Elves, with their strict rejection of magic, and still others believe they should be taken from the Allerian Stronghold, as if they were trapped in the wild with some older version of high elf culture. There are numerous other ideas as to what high elves might be, including lightning based concepts, blue dragon based concepts, and many more. Blizzard cannot possibly satisfy all of the people who want High Elves, because their expectations are often contradictory. Considering the opposition to making them playable in the first place, High Elves would be a disappointing addition to a large number of people in a variety of ways that any new playable race would not.

    Ultimately, High Elves are a very controversial request, and not adding them risks nothing. It simply doesn't make sense to make them playable, and I don't think it's right to blame Blizzard for making the responsible decision for the game. Even if some players don't agree with their decision, I would hope that those players could at least see value in the fact that Blizzard made the choice that did the least to change the fundamental identity of the game. I would hate to see them chip that identity away just to try to give everyone what they want.

  15. #5995
    Banned MechaCThun's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"
    Posts
    3,062
    /sigh



    EDIT: Awww, boohoo I get infracted. So because I had a picture going along with my sentence of "Stop trying to make high elves happen" I get an infraction. just lol @ at this website.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2018-05-22 at 05:00 PM.

  16. #5996
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    It would take the place of something with an identity of its own, and would damage faction lines. Even if you view it as an exception, it still does harm.

    All of the proposed ways around that damage to faction identities have problems too. The reality of the situation is that no matter how they are introduced, there will be permanent damage to the game. Simply not adding them avoids all that entirely. The only problem with not adding them is that some people don't get quite exactly what they want. The more prudent option not only prevents that damage to the game, but is entirely reversible should the circumstances change. Once added, however, they could never be removed or changed.

    That popularity is also somewhat misleading, because people simply don't mean the same thing when they say, "We want Alliance High Elves to be playable." Even within this thread, there is disagreement about what exactly that means. Some believe it should be the Silver Covenant, with a strong arcane connection, others believe it should be the Quel'Danil High Elves, with their strict rejection of magic, and still others believe they should be taken from the Allerian Stronghold, as if they were trapped in the wild with some older version of high elf culture. There are numerous other ideas as to what high elves might be, including lightning based concepts, blue dragon based concepts, and many more. Blizzard cannot possibly satisfy all of the people who want High Elves, because their expectations are often contradictory. Considering the opposition to making them playable in the first place, High Elves would be a disappointing addition to a large number of people in a variety of ways that any new playable race would not.

    Ultimately, High Elves are a very controversial request, and not adding them risks nothing. It simply doesn't make sense to make them playable, and I don't think it's right to blame Blizzard for making the responsible decision for the game. Even if some players don't agree with their decision, I would hope that those players could at least see value in the fact that Blizzard made the choice that did the least to change the fundamental identity of the game. I would hate to see them chip that identity away just to try to give everyone what they want.
    Most of those variety of High Elf concepts are to give the likes of Blizzard options and a way so it can be done. All they need to do is pick one and run with it.

    As for this being a fundamental identity of the game, I would think not. Especially since they already have High Elves in the Alliance in the game. Its not like they are taking something from the Horde and giving it away to make something playable. They would be using what already exists in the Alliance to make a playable race. That's all. The Blood Elves have their own story. Nothing the Alliance, nor High Elves do, can change it or take it away from the Horde players. It is set, done, and following its own path. So leave the Alliance with their High Elves to make their own path as well, separate from their Blood Elf cousins.

    I mean you might not be able to tell a High Elf from a Blood Elf, and I can assure you, they can tell the difference.

  17. #5997
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Most of those variety of High Elf concepts are to give the likes of Blizzard options and a way so it can be done. All they need to do is pick one and run with it.

    As for this being a fundamental identity of the game, I would think not. Especially since they already have High Elves in the Alliance in the game. Its not like they are taking something from the Horde and giving it away to make something playable. They would be using what already exists in the Alliance to make a playable race. That's all. The Blood Elves have their own story. Nothing the Alliance, nor High Elves do, can change it or take it away from the Horde players. It is set, done, and following its own path. So leave the Alliance with their High Elves to make their own path as well, separate from their Blood Elf cousins.

    I mean you might not be able to tell a High Elf from a Blood Elf, and I can assure you, they can tell the difference.

    It's not just the looks, its the stepping stones so many people just try to handwave away or change.

    Once again, why even ask for high elves? People are willing to compromise on the model, doesn't matter then they wouldn't be high elves anyways. The model would be edited to differentiate them and then you'd have a dozen more sob threads that they weren't high elves when Blizzard has made it abundantly clear on why the "high elf" remains on the Horde. And no matter the hand waving, the main, the core of the race is Horde.

    instead of focusing on something obtainable, like say, half elves, people still cling to the idea of high elves when that dead horse has been beaten for over ten years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  18. #5998
    Half elf has always been an option in the thread. Its usually tied to using the human model with an elf skin, or the dragon aspects elf models which are different from the High Elf/Blood Elf model. Those have been given too. Usually the response is "there shouldn't be many hybrid anythings around the world". (many hybrid species can't breed), We know all the Windrunner sisters were into humans, and two of them produced hybrids (Sylvanas appears to not have done so with Nathanos prior to their deaths.) We do not know how common this is or if any of the hybrids can breed with either elves, humans, or other hybrids. (and Mr. 404 hybrid son a hybrid orc/draenei mixed with human is an oddity).

  19. #5999
    As of now, High Elves are one of the cards that Blizzard is gonna play only when the subs count or the talk about wow goes down again. The same, perhaps, can be said about races like Ogres and Nagas and a proper Housing System similar to that of FFXiV.

    I feel its gonna be the same thing that happened with the Classic servers. People want them, Blizzard doesnt, so people are just gonna keep asking for these things (High Elves, Ogres, Nagas, Houses, etc) until Blizzard gives up to pressure and finally deliver, just like with Classic.

  20. #6000
    Dreadlord Hawkknight97's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Stormwind to other places.
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It's not just the looks, its the stepping stones so many people just try to handwave away or change.

    Once again, why even ask for high elves? People are willing to compromise on the model, doesn't matter then they wouldn't be high elves anyways. The model would be edited to differentiate them and then you'd have a dozen more sob threads that they weren't high elves when Blizzard has made it abundantly clear on why the "high elf" remains on the Horde. And no matter the hand waving, the main, the core of the race is Horde.

    instead of focusing on something obtainable, like say, half elves, people still cling to the idea of high elves when that dead horse has been beaten for over ten years now.
    What does Half Elves have?

    Are they even truest High Elves we have seen from Warcraft 2? No.

    Do they look like Ranger Woodland Magic Base Elven Society Warcraft 2 Inspiration? No.

    Are they even Quel'dorei High Elves? No.

    So why should some of us even brother with Half Elves if they don't have no lore, No Big name Lore Characters, or anything that is even Quel'dorei theme.
    I mean Half Elves almost sounds more like a asspull than Void Elves.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •