5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Farstriders were founded around the time of the Troll Wars and the Magisters are speculated to have been founded around the time of the founding of Silvermoon; unless I'm missing some vital info, how the hell are those the least BE things? They are foundations of High Elf culture and according to Blizzard and lore Blood Elves are High Elves.

Wtf are you on about?
    Other races in warcraft have magisters and rangers, they are not exclusively BE, the farstrider name is what make farstriders blood elven.

Goddamn even Nightborne had somekind of rangers.

Is not my problem if you can't see this, a magister is not an exclusive blood elf thing, Bloodnight are an exclusive BE thing (using the light by manipulating it instead of get it by their convictions and believfs), not paladins.

Come on dude, this is common lore knowledge...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Actually I very easily can. I have several Alliance characters and leveled one as recently as last year. During my travels on my Alliance Hunter I found that I was predominantly dealing with Humans and to a lesser extent Night Elves and Dwarves. Draenei began to heavily predominate as I moved into Draenor and Legion content for obvious reasons. Gnomes and Worgen were also healthily represented..
    So basically if you don't see something it doesn't exist.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Void Elves are closer to High Elves than Nightborne are to night elves. If you're honestly going to argue that they're the same, you should have no problem accepting Void Elves as a substitute. It's not a deflection, it's a issue of degree. If I want to play out my Malfurion fantasy on the Horde, I'm going to have a hard time, because actual night elves aren't on the Horde. Nightborne have transformed physically and culturally over the course of 10000 years. High Elves took an extended internship in Stormwind. It's just not comparable.
    You can have issues with Void Elves because they are not High Elves, they are Blood Elves. Their introduction supports this and even the new lore from the Beta supports this going forward. They are not the Alliance loyal High Elves that have stuck with Alliance since the beginning of WoW, they are not the Silver Covenant, Allerian Stronghold, Dalarani/SW, nor Highvale Elves.

So yeah I don't know what is so hard to understand. You talk about "playing out a Malfurion fantasy" well there is no "Alliance High Elf fantasy" to be found by playing either Blood Elves nor Void Elves who are exiled Blood Elves.

That fantasy is currently unplayable, it exists within the game right now, but it is just something players cannot access.

Whereas the Highborne Mage Fantasy? That was playable since Highborne Night Elves joined back with the Alliance in Cataclysm. That is the reason for getting access to Night Elf Mages.

This isn't about a "malfurion fantasy" at all. The fantasy being talked about is Highborne Night Elf, which was unique to Alliance, being blown up and given over to Horde when it already was something that existed for the Alliance.

That's what people mean when they say Horde got a version of Night Elves, and that's basically true in its own right. Nightborne are the old-school Night Elves that were the high society of the Kaldorei people, the people like Queen Azshara. So Horde did get a version of Night Elves.

Trying to say that "Blood Elves are High Elves so Alliance got Void Elves which are Blood Elves which are, in turn, High Elves" is completely and ignorantly missing the entire point of what is being asked about when it comes to Alliance High Elf request.

This is why even when Ion talks about Void Elves in his reasoning for over High Elves, he references Void Elves being a sort of Blood Elf given to Alliance. He's not understanding exactly what is wanted by when people speak about "Playable Alliance High Elves."

If the crowd that wanted "Blue Eyed Blood Elves on Alliance" actually wanted that then they would've been 100% okay with the introduction of Void Elves. Because that is literally what Void Elves are: Blue Eyed Blood Elves on Alliance.

This is also why people have taken to start referencing the groups such as the Silver Covenant, Highvale, Allerian Stronghold etc. Because some people, like Ion, can't seem to grasp what is actually being asked for.

The role of High Elves in the story is only a small issue in the question of whether or not they should be playable, and the solution to that problem with the fewest drawbacks is to simply feature them less going forward, either by leaving them as they are or by concluding their story.
    This would be the smartest thing going forward. Because you can be damn sure that if they continue to spotlight Alliance High Elf groups after Ion's response then it'll just bite them in the ass. This is probably why that one major High Elf NPC got changed to a Blood Elf NPC and the High Elf Spellweaver NPCs changed to humans after his statement.

Personally, though, I just don't think Blizzard is willing to sacrifice a part something unique to WoW for a fantasy trope. Blizzard shouldn't be forced into creating a more familiar fantasy universe; it's the things that make WoW different that make it interesting.
    Well what I can at least be happy about is that we're finally done seeing variations of blue/purple elves. I can rest easy knowing that the next time an elf is added to the Alliance, it for sure won't be blue/purple. That is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Other races in warcraft have magisters and rangers, they are not exclusively BE, the farstrider name is what make farstriders blood elven.

Goddamn even Nightborne had somekind of rangers.

Is not my problem if you can't see this, a magister is not an exclusive blood elf thing, Bloodnight are an exclusive BE thing (using the light by manipulating it instead of get it by their convictions and believfs), not paladins.

Come on dude, this is common lore knowledge...
    Blood knights haven't wielded the Light in that manner since BC.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    And yet when someone says the Magisters they tend to think of the Blood Elf Magisters, same with the Farstriders. You're the one that mentioned them, don't blame me for you falling flat on your points.
    Are you trying to make as i'm disconnected to reality by saying i'm the only one who don't immediatelly imagine a BE when someone says Magister?

Try harder dude, BE are not the only warcraft race who have magisters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DercMerc View Post
    Blood knights haven't wielded the Light in that manner since BC.
    Instead of using the powers of a Naaru they use it from the Sunwell now, the difference is that they are not stealing it anymore, and the difference between a Bloodknight and a Paladin is that Paladins doesn't use the light from the same source and by the same principles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Long story short in a crisis take a deep breath, keep calm and do whatever the fuck Grand Magister Rommath says.
    I never thought of it this way, but you know what, you're right. I'm pretty sure if you kept digging you'd find more and more examples of this.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    With Calia being set up as a replacement for Sylvanas and the very, very low chance she'd ever lead them against the Alliance, I can't help but wonder if they're just going to do away with the factions at the end of BfA.

If that were the case, it would certainly make some sense why they'd so desperately be gripping the 'No High Elf Allied Race' wheel when in less than one expansion the difference would literally be an eye colour swap in-game and no faction barrier between them.
    Been thinking this myself. That BfA will be the last Horde vs Alliance expansion. BfA ending with Old Gods then the factions finally will understand that they Need to fight together.

They are setting up the hatred Sylvanas has for the Alliance(humans spesifically) and Jainas hatred towards the Horde now before BfA comes. It might come to the part were those two either will be get rid of, or they will redeem themselves and then the Void gets full focus. And think about a full joint Silvermoon again. Glorious.

Now, this is fanfiction from me, but there are reasons to believe that the faction-barrier might be gone after BfA. The faction conflicts are getting tiresome and make less sense overall. And to think to be in 2018, where you can't get the full enjoyment of playing with friends just because you really love that one race on the other side of the barrier. Blizz is doing changes to make it more modern so to speak, this might be a thing they consider, if they are not already on it.

Warcraft was about Humans vs Orcs. But this was 20 years ago. Times change

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    With trolls and taurens being props to orcs, yet they're playable. Thank you for proving my point.
    Some notable Troll storylines include the retaking of the Echo Islands, discovering Druidism and the interactions with the Zandalari. These were carried by notable Troll NPCs for Troll purposes.

Some notable Tauren storylines include their struggles with the Centaur, Magatha's coup attempt, the Sunwalker's experiences in Pandaria and most recently bringing the Highmountain into the Horde. These were carried by notable Tauren NPCs for Tauren purposes.

Alliance High Elves have never featured in any similar content for themselves, always for someone else.

So bringing the trolls and tauren up is just a false equivalence.

You don't know the "damage" it would cause.
    Yet Blizzard, who have a holistic view of the entire game, seem to think that there would be damage which is why they are so resistant to acceding to this. Anyone who wants playable Alliance High Elves has to start from a position where they make the intellectual choice to deny that the Blood Elves ARE the High Elves of the Warcraft Universe. Once you do that, you no longer have a holistic view of the game and are willing to tolerate or minimise the damage Alliance High Elves would do to the foundational faction wall.

Either we accept what Blizzard says, that there will be damage, or we accept the viewpoints of fans with an agenda who will suffer anything to get playable Alliance High Elves. Of course, people should listen to the former.

I'm not referring to your questing experience, I'm referring to the lore in which high elves are very present in pretty much every expansion, cinematic and book.
    High Elves are not present in every cinematic. If we are talking about CGI cinematics that open every expansion, they are in precisely zero.

If we are talking about cinematics that occur in game, they are present in only one cinematic that I can recall. Alleria's transformation into a Void Elf. Which also marks the end of her being a High Elf ironically enough.

The Alliance epilogue cinematic, which has members of all Alliance races gathered to hear Anduin's victory speech, has zero High Elves. I counted three Pandaren however, there maybe more.

I cannot recall of any cinematic prior to Legion containing a High Elf.

In terms of books, yes there are a lot of High Elves in those novels. Particularly the ones dealing with the time frame prior to them becoming Blood Elves, leaving the Alliance and joining the Horde. In the books set after this time period, Alliance High Elves in the novel become extremely rare. In fact the only one I can think of is again, Veressa in the god awful Night of the Dragon by Knaak. Here a High Elf finally has their own story...except that's in the book and not in game.

So I am afraid this 'm referring to the lore in which high elves are very present in pretty much every expansion, cinematic and book' doesn't cut it. It appears to be more wishful thinking unsupported by lore or actual examples.

Also the allied races don't make an appearance during your questing experience except for a few DI dwarves and AU orcs, so by that logic the allied races are a huge mistake and shouldn't exist.
    That is a leap of logic in of itself. You are the one who asserted that High Elves should be playable because of their presence within the lore. I have proven that both in game and in the supporting medium, you are wrong about their presence. Previous presence is not a criteria for an Allied race.

I would gladly support the addition of undead elves though...that being said, I haven't seen undead elves having their own factions/settlements like high elves have so I don't think that's really comparable. The forsaken is unique in that way since they're more than one race within a race and are the only group to be lead by an unplayable race.
    The Undead Elves are fully integrated into the Forsaken. The leader of the Horde is an Undead Elf. I have seen Dark Rangers several times over the years. I don't desire them to be playable myself, I see them for what they are, a story prop, but there is a certain equivalence between the two groups. Not an exact one, and if you want to point out differences you will no doubt succeed, but the equivalence IS there.

What I'm trying to say is your assumptions of the future lore are meaningless in this discussion, like I said, stick to the present. You are not a Blizzard writer, you're not a Blizzard emissary.
    It is more than possible to extrapolate certain likely directions to be taken with the story. Are they guaranteed? No, but they are very plausible and in some cases very possible. That the Blood Elves are becoming more focused on the light as a void based variant is brought into the game and the very light-shadow conflict moves to the forefront is something that should not be ignored. Nor should it, just because the logical light-shadow struggle leaves no place really for the Alliance High Elves to participate.

Regarding this faction wall that'll supposedly be destroyed with the addition of high elves, have you completely ignored the fact that Blizzard added night elves to the horde? The alliance got a purple blood elves, while the horde got same skin colored night elves. The equivalent to the nightborne could have easily been high elves and would have made more sense then asspull void elves.
    Nightborne are more of a jet blue colour. They are also similar to Void Elves, a variant of an existing race with SOME physical differences but completely thematically different. A Nightborne is as far thematically from a Night Elf as it is possible to be. They are arcane focused and urbane. Contrast that with the Druidic focused and arboreal Night Elves.

To say Nightborne are Night Elves is simply to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

But Blood Elves ARE High Elves, biologically and culturally and thematically and so High Elves are playable.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-05-26 at 11:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do blood elves have green eyes and high elves blue eyes? Doesn't that set them apart?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Why do blood elves have green eyes and high elves blue eyes? Doesn't that set them apart?
    Courtesy of their exposure to fel magic (the practice of which spread in a similar fashion to the orcs' own exposure to the substance, tainting even those in its proximity who chose not to dabble in it), blood elf eyes produce an emerald glow. This is a natural reaction to spending time around fel magic.

10+ Year Old Account

So basically if you don't see something it doesn't exist.
    No, but if every source in game and out says 'these guys are really rare, practically extinct' and my in game experience limits my exposure to a tiny group based in Dalaran then I'm going to conclude that they are really rare and practically extinct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    With Calia being set up as a replacement for Sylvanas and the very, very low chance she'd ever lead them against the Alliance, I can't help but wonder if they're just going to do away with the factions at the end of BfA.
    How Calia has been "set up" as a replacement of Sylvanas excatly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Maybe give the Alliance High Elves touched by the void! That would be so cool.
    Dont know how to tell you that but... You allready got them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    How Calia has been "set up" as a replacement of Sylvanas excatly?
    Suddenly returns after people were actively wondering if she had been all but retconned (Legion).

Reveal of Forsaken who don't want to keep fighting the Alliance and are sick of Sylvanas.

Dies, but conveniently rather than be ressurected turns into a Forsaken and feels 'closer to her people'.

Characters like Saurfang who actively protest or ditch Sylvanas.

Sylvanas' continuation of dragging the Horde into Villain territory that will inevitably swing back.

The main thing is that Calia was turned undead though. I mean, why the hell would they bring her back AND make her undead for any reason than that?

5+ Year Old Account
    No, but if every source in game and out says 'these guys are really rare, practically extinct' and my in game experience limits my exposure to a tiny group based in Dalaran then I'm going to conclude that they are really rare and practically extinct.
    Then we come with the population problem again, who was demonstrated as not that important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then we come with the population problem again, who was demonstrated as not that important.
    Except that Blizzard has brought up the population issue themselves on nearly every occasion they've talked about High Elves in depth.

'Date: 29 September 2005 WoW Forums Post by Caydiem

There are still some High Elves in the land, but the majority of those once known as the Quel'dorei no longer fit the bill of "High Elf".

Your comparison with Gnomeregan is a logical conclusion to draw, but incorrect. The Gnomes managed to evacuate a good percentage of their people from their home as it was corrupted from within. Ironforge was close by; they were able to save a good number of their people. Naturally they were indebted to the
    Dwarves and, by extension, the Alliance, so they fight for their cause.

The High Elves had less of a chance to flee, as they were surrounded by the vast bulk of the Scourge army as they pressed in and destroyed the Sunwell. Still, some survived, certainly enough to show a presence, right?

And so they did after the destruction of Quel'thalas, fighting for the Alliance, but with the destruction of the Sunwell they found an ever-increasing need, an addiction, for magical power. The remaining Elves were placed under the command of a man named Garithos, who was grossly intolerant of other races and drove the Elves into near-suicidal situations in the hopes they would no longer be his problem.

These remnants of the High Elves -- named Blood Elves in remembrance of their people -- were not stupid, and the commands from their "Alliance" became more and more ludicrous. It was only through the help of the Naga that they were able to survive these grim tasks; time and again, they appeared to aid Prince Kael'thas and his men. The Blood Elves came to realize they could no longer trust in the Alliance. When the offer was extended to join the Naga in service of Illidan Stormrage -- and perhaps find a cure to their addiction to magic -- Kael took it, leaving the Alliance behind.

In short, High Elves are not playable because there are very few true "High Elves" left -- far less so than Gnomes. While there are Blood Elves in much larger supply, they are busy with other pursuits alongside Illidan. You'd certainly not see them fighting side by side with the Alliance anytime soon, not after such betrayal
    .'

AND

From the Warcraft Encyclopedia

'In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense.'

And confirmation in a tweet that the Warcraft Encyclopedia is still canon by Blizzard historian Loreology aka Sean Copeland

'@Loreology @Bashiok Warcraft Encyclopedia was disappeared long time, does it means the history information from encyclopedia was abolished? @GregoryMoonkin @Bashiok Not at all. While there might be some updates to it, its disappearance doesn't mean it's no longer canonical. '

A link to who Sean Copeland is...

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sean_Copeland

And the two interviews in the past seven months, one just over a month ago, where Ion pointed out that there aren't a lot of High Elves left. You've seen them enough times so I'll spare you the embedded links.

So just because the Pro High Elf community THINKS it's argued the population issue away doesn't make it so. As long as Blizzard think there are too few High Elves, then there are too few High Elves.

You don't get to say this doesn't matter because you haven't the authority or ability to disprove it. Only Blizzard can do that.

This entire issue could be resolved if they adjusted the lore and gave the Void Elves Alleria's model/skins (with a sliding scale for levels of corruption).

5+ Year Old Account
    Except that Blizzard has brought up the population issue themselves on nearly every occasion they've talked about High Elves in depth.

'Date: 29 September 2005 WoW Forums Post by Caydiem

There are still some High Elves in the land, but the majority of those once known as the Quel'dorei no longer fit the bill of "High Elf".

Your comparison with Gnomeregan is a logical conclusion to draw, but incorrect. The Gnomes managed to evacuate a good percentage of their people from their home as it was corrupted from within. Ironforge was close by; they were able to save a good number of their people. Naturally they were indebted to the
    Dwarves and, by extension, the Alliance, so they fight for their cause.

The High Elves had less of a chance to flee, as they were surrounded by the vast bulk of the Scourge army as they pressed in and destroyed the Sunwell. Still, some survived, certainly enough to show a presence, right?

And so they did after the destruction of Quel'thalas, fighting for the Alliance, but with the destruction of the Sunwell they found an ever-increasing need, an addiction, for magical power. The remaining Elves were placed under the command of a man named Garithos, who was grossly intolerant of other races and drove the Elves into near-suicidal situations in the hopes they would no longer be his problem.

These remnants of the High Elves -- named Blood Elves in remembrance of their people -- were not stupid, and the commands from their "Alliance" became more and more ludicrous. It was only through the help of the Naga that they were able to survive these grim tasks; time and again, they appeared to aid Prince Kael'thas and his men. The Blood Elves came to realize they could no longer trust in the Alliance. When the offer was extended to join the Naga in service of Illidan Stormrage -- and perhaps find a cure to their addiction to magic -- Kael took it, leaving the Alliance behind.

In short, High Elves are not playable because there are very few true "High Elves" left -- far less so than Gnomes. While there are Blood Elves in much larger supply, they are busy with other pursuits alongside Illidan. You'd certainly not see them fighting side by side with the Alliance anytime soon, not after such betrayal
    .'

AND

From the Warcraft Encyclopedia

'In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense.'

And confirmation in a tweet that the Warcraft Encyclopedia is still canon by Blizzard historian Loreology aka Sean Copeland

'@Loreology @Bashiok Warcraft Encyclopedia was disappeared long time, does it means the history information from encyclopedia was abolished? @GregoryMoonkin @Bashiok Not at all. While there might be some updates to it, its disappearance doesn't mean it's no longer canonical. '

A link to who Sean Copeland is...

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sean_Copeland

And the two interviews in the past seven months, one just over a month ago, where Ion pointed out that there aren't a lot of High Elves left. You've seen them enough times so I'll spare you the embedded links.

So just because the Pro High Elf community THINKS it's argued the population issue away doesn't make it so. As long as Blizzard think there are too few High Elves, then there are too few High Elves.

You don't get to say this doesn't matter because you haven't the authority or ability to disprove it. Only Blizzard can do that.
    And what made them to stop adding VE and Lightforged Draenei?

And Mulgore Tauren, Darkspear Trolls, Gnomes, Steamwheedle Goblins, Exodar Draenei...

Is not about authority of Blizzard (shielding behind that is pity to be honest), is about looking at what exists and compare, you can't simply say the number of population of a race is a problem, and then avoid the fact that HE may be 10 or 20 times more numerous than VE.

The population issue, is not an issue anymore, at least for allied races.

[QUOTE=Obelisk Kai;49456225]
    Some notable Troll storylines include the retaking of the Echo Islands, discovering Druidism and the interactions with the Zandalari. These were carried by notable Troll NPCs for Troll purposes.

Some notable Tauren storylines include their struggles with the Centaur, Magatha's coup attempt, the Sunwalker's experiences in Pandaria and most recently bringing the Highmountain into the Horde. These were carried by notable Tauren NPCs for Tauren purposes.

Alliance High Elves have never featured in any similar content for themselves, always for someone else.

So bringing the trolls and tauren up is just a false equivalence.
    Ok great tauren and trolls got few little stories, doesn't change the fact that high elves have gotten more attention. Also again, allied races, DI dwarves are "story props" in that case.

Yet Blizzard, who have a holistic view of the entire game, seem to think that there would be damage which is why they are so resistant to acceding to this. Anyone who wants playable Alliance High Elves has to start from a position where they make the intellectual choice to deny that the Blood Elves ARE the High Elves of the Warcraft Universe. Once you do that, you no longer have a holistic view of the game and are willing to tolerate or minimise the damage Alliance High Elves would do to the foundational faction wall.

Either we accept what Blizzard says, that there will be damage, or we accept the viewpoints of fans with an agenda who will suffer anything to get playable Alliance High Elves. Of course, people should listen to the former.
    Yet this is all speculation, even if half the blood elves were to race change to high elves (which is EXTREMELY doubtful) the horde will still maintain a strong population. Blood elves are high elves, correct. High elves are also part of the alliance though, and screaming blood elf=high elf will never change that fact.

High Elves are not present in every cinematic. If we are talking about CGI cinematics that open every expansion, they are in precisely zero.

If we are talking about cinematics that occur in game, they are present in only one cinematic that I can recall. Alleria's transformation into a Void Elf. Which also marks the end of her being a High Elf ironically enough.

The Alliance epilogue cinematic, which has members of all Alliance races gathered to hear Anduin's victory speech, has zero High Elves. I counted three Pandaren however, there maybe more.

I cannot recall of any cinematic prior to Legion containing a High Elf.
    Books too, lore. High elves are almost always around in every expansion since TBC. They're interacted with or spoken about in any current timeline book.

In terms of books, yes there are a lot of High Elves in those novels. Particularly the ones dealing with the time frame prior to them becoming Blood Elves, leaving the Alliance and joining the Horde. In the books set after this time period, Alliance High Elves in the novel become extremely rare. In fact the only one I can think of is again, Veressa in the god awful Night of the Dragon by Knaak. Here a High Elf finally has their own story...except that's in the book and not in game.

So I am afraid this 'm referring to the lore in which high elves are very present in pretty much every expansion, cinematic and book' doesn't cut it. It appears to be more wishful thinking unsupported by lore or actual examples.
    Great we can agree to disagree then, since this is your opinion and apparently you disregard the books. I don't however.

That is a leap of logic in of itself. You are the one who asserted that High Elves should be playable because of their presence within the lore. I have proven that both in game and in the supporting medium, you are wrong about their presence. Previous presence is not a criteria for an Allied race.
    Yup I do support high elves being playable, also I am not wrong about their presence...you'd have to block your eyes/ears and shout while playing this game to ignore their presence.
    So yeah, again you've proven nothing, I can see you're very passionate about your opinion on how things should be but your long paragraphs are really just your opinionated babbling as to why you don't want a certain feature...that wouldn't affect you...because you wouldn't play them anyways...
    Previous presence allied races: DI dwarves, Zandalari, Magh'ar, Kul'tirans. (I'm assuming you're not including Legion)

The Undead Elves are fully integrated into the Forsaken. The leader of the Horde is an Undead Elf. I have seen Dark Rangers several times over the years. I don't desire them to be playable myself, I see them for what they are, a story prop, but there is a certain equivalence between the two groups. Not an exact one, and if you want to point out differences you will no doubt succeed, but the equivalence IS there.
    They're story props because they're also undead just like the other undead races. The high elves are not humans, whether they're mixed with humans or not. High elves are high elves whether you consider them equivalent to humans or not. Undead elves have this equivalence because they're part of the undead, under the forsaken. I don't desire to see them playable either, nor do I desire playable high elves, but I'm not against it because they have a significant presence among the horde and the alliance, which makes them playable in my view.

Nightborne are more of a jet blue colour. They are also similar to Void Elves, a variant of an existing race with SOME physical differences but completely thematically different. A Nightborne is as far thematically from a Night Elf as it is possible to be. They are arcane focused and urbane. Contrast that with the Druidic focused and arboreal Night Elves.

To say Nightborne are Night Elves is simply to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

But Blood Elves ARE High Elves, biologically and culturally and thematically and so High Elves are playable.
    They're purple/blue elves, just like night elves.

The equivalent alliance race to the nightborne would have been white skinned blood elves...with blue eyes (void elves have blue eyes), but that would apparently "destroy the faction walls and cause dire consequences"?

Void elves didn't only get "some" physical differences, they're completely different, pulled out of nowhere whereas nightborne are night elves with tattoos and a shitty selection of hair options.

I think I finally know how to seperate with quotes, hooray...

Regarding your post about population, darkspear trolls, draenei, gnomes, void elves, LF draenei, worgen, forsaken and goblins would like a word with you. There's also something called reproduction.

- - - Updated - - -

And what made them to stop adding VE and Lightforged Draenei?

And Mulgore Tauren, Darkspear Trolls, Gnomes, Steamwheedle Goblins, Exodar Draenei...

Is not about authority of Blizzard (shielding behind that is pity to be honest), is about looking at what exists and compare, you can't simply say the number of population of a race is a problem, and then avoid the fact that HE may be 10 or 20 times more numerous than VE.

The population issue, is not an issue anymore, at least for allied races.
    Even the devs debunked that whole population argument themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    This entire issue could be resolved if they adjusted the lore and gave the Void Elves Alleria's model/skins (with a sliding scale for levels of corruption).
    Or if all the high elves became void elves. It would make people sad but at least the alliance high elves would have a real conclusion other than "BLOOD ELFS R HIGH ELFS PLAY HORDE OR GTFO LUL".........or if they all died. I don't like making speculations though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne are more of a jet blue colour.
    This is such a stupid, ignorant, "i close my eyes to the truth" comment.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/quest=49427/not-our-purple-elves

Ye know, <name>, these elves might be purple, but they're no' with the Alliance. Leastwise, they're a lot more aggressive than this ol' Dark Iron is comfortable with. On the off chance it'll piss off the Horde, ye mind killin' a few of them?

So the game, and thereby Blizzard, defines Nightborne as purple elves. Because that's exactly what they are. And this is why there's a portion of the community that Ion's reasoning is bullshit and a facade. Even if it is, ultimately, their choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if all the high elves became void elves. It would make people sad but at least the alliance high elves would have a real conclusion other than "BLOOD ELFS R HIGH ELFS PLAY HORDE OR GTFO LUL".........or if they all died. I don't like making speculations though.
    This, but for some reason Blizzard seem to be moving forward with continuing that Void Elves currently are only Blood Elves.

And there's no hints or signs of Alliance High Elves coming to a demise. Blizzard, for whatever reason, are keeping those group of Alliance elves around for some reason. Dunno what though.

Suddenly returns after people were actively wondering if she had been all but retconned (Legion).

Reveal of Forsaken who don't want to keep fighting the Alliance and are sick of Sylvanas.

Dies, but conveniently rather than be ressurected turns into a Forsaken and feels 'closer to her people'.

Characters like Saurfang who actively protest or ditch Sylvanas.

Sylvanas' continuation of dragging the Horde into Villain territory that will inevitably swing back.

The main thing is that Calia was turned undead though. I mean, why the hell would they bring her back AND make her undead for any reason than that?
    Villain territory...

The same old bullshit. Villain territory = Not approved by Alliance. Fuck that. You know, if they do decide to kill her again and repeat the Garrosh story cause the Alliance fanboys can't sleep at night because of Sylvanas, I hope she inflicts so much damage that you can whine about it for years to come and screw yourselves over just like you did with Garrosh.

How much you wanna bet if they kill her off this expansion you'll be back shouting "Horde Favoritism" the next expansion? But that would be like betting against the sun rising at dawn since you do that every expansion. You will be the death of this game.