Wait, they are deleting high elf threads on the Blizzard forums? Well that's annoying. I can see it being an issue if there were too many threads but some kind of warning would've been good.

Even if I don't want High Elves as a playable thing, they shouldn't delete pro-high elves' opinions just like that. ;_:

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Wait, they are deleting high elf threads on the Blizzard forums? Well that's annoying. I can see it being an issue if there were too many threads but some kind of warning would've been good.

Even if I don't want High Elves as a playable thing, they shouldn't delete pro-high elves' opinions just like that. ;_:
    Yes, that is very sad if it is true. I'm also a pro high elf person.
    Forced deleted high elf threads won't help blizzard at all, if it is true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I think Ion stopped making Q&A because of all the controversy created by his comments on the high elf subject.
    Blizzard wanted to avoid another internet war after what happened in the last Q&A, and so i doubt he will do another Q&A soon.
    Nothing surprising.

If I was a game director, I would for sure not came out for the audience and said for the third time "we actually have no god idea what to do with them" but instead, said to coworkers "I'm waiting for expectation analysis on my desk till Monday, and let it better be the last time, I had to answer to that wild peoples demands".

they shouldn't
    Never ever expect any kind of human decency from company. Profit and PR are the only things that matter.
    Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-06-01 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    Nothing surprising.

If I was a game director, I would for sure not came out for the audience and said for the third time "we actually have no god idea what to do with them" but instead, said to coworkers "I'm waiting for expectation analysis on my desk till Monday, and let it better be the last time, I had to answer to that wild peoples demands".

Never ever expect any kind of human decency from company. Profit and PR are the only things that matter.
    it wouldnt be for the 3rd time it would be for the 5th time apparently.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

they shouldn't delete pro-high elves' opinions just like that. ;_:
    They're not. All the other ones are still up. Sometimes they can just get pretty toxic due to anti-helf and pro-helf back and forth, just like this thread. That's why they get 404'd sometimes. This isn't the first time it's happened.

It'll be back or a new one will take its place, I wouldn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    They're not. All the other ones are still up. Sometimes they can just get pretty toxic due to anti-helf and pro-helf back and forth, just like this thread.

It'll be back or a new one will take its place, I wouldn't worry.
    And when it does, I'm pretty sure you'll see it as a sign that helves are coming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    How about Vrykul Elves? Kval'dorei got a nice ring to it.
    Why are Void Elves not called Voi'dorei? Blizz fucked up when they named them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deno View Post
    And when it does, I'm pretty sure you'll see it as a sign that helves are coming
    As Ornyx once said, people should be allowed to discuss game related matters, which are what High Elves being playable are all about.

Toxicity isn't needed nor should be encouraged. Therefore I don't see it as wrong when they 404 the threads due to too many toxic posts.

If people can't stay on topic or get jebaited then that's their fault as well and not just any one side.

EDIT: Anyways, got into Beta so now I can experience some BfA High Elf-ness on my own accord

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why aren't Nightborne called "Ni'dorei" and instead Shal'dorei?

The prefixes mean something different, not necessarily pertaining exactly to the prefix describing the Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's like a meme. Ren as in Kylo Ren is kinda edgy, and so are the void elves.
    https://www.youtube.com/@DoffenWatch
    Overwatch 2 stuff. And some WoW stuff. Soon™

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    As Ornyx once said, people should be allowed to discuss game related matters, which are what High Elves being playable are all about.

Toxicity isn't needed nor should be encouraged. Therefore I don't see it as wrong when they 404 the threads due to too many toxic posts.

If people can't stay on topic or get jebaited then that's their fault as well and not just any one side.

EDIT: Anyways, got into Beta so now I can experience some BfA High Elf-ness on my own accord

- - - Updated - - -

Why aren't Nightborne called "Ni'dorei" and instead Shal'dorei?

The prefixes mean something different, not necessarily pertaining exactly to the prefix describing the Elves.
    Well, it wasn't really toxicity or anything, nor it was intended to be. It was a banter at your state when some mods expanded the helf threads, which honestly was ridiculous. Especially with the way you go against people, I think you should be able to take some banter when someone does it to you .
    Last edited by Deno; 2018-06-01 at 07:22 PM.

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Free View Post
    Looks like Blizz has decided to resort to all out censorship of the High Elf topic on their forums. They are simply deleting threads or posts that support the idea at all now. At least MMOC still lets us have freedom of speech.
    Spamming the forums with irrelevant tripe isn’t freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Deno View Post
    Well, it wasn't really toxicity or anything, nor it was intended to be. It was a banter at your state when some mods expanded the helf threads, which honestly was ridiculous. Especially with the way you go against people, I think you should be able to take some banter when someone does it to you .
    I wasn't calling you nor your post toxic, I was talking about the US High Elf threads.

I find it funny when people get so defensive when I'm not calling them out at all or even mentioning them in particular

If I have something to say about you in particular or someone else I will plainly state that, just as I have with others

The main thing I think on is if they graphically update the silver covenant to have that "old high elf" feel, she'd look way too much like her sister Alleria.

It'd probably be doable, but it would be something to keep in mind. Main characters need to look distinct. Maybe keep the light blue tint to her clothes and the lack of hood. Maybe tweak Alleria slightly in her normal form to feel more like the leader of the void elves, with her tattoos and eyes going purple or something. Just so players can look at a glance and go "that one's the void elf leader" and "that one's the high elf leader."
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-06-02 at 12:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The main thing I think on is if they graphically update the silver covenant to have that "old high elf" feel, she'd look way too much like her sister Alleria.
    Well... Honestly, as for long term, I actually proposed that Vereesa should rather die in the possible future elven civil war, and I had a reason for that - I was thinking about High Elves withdrawing from the war at some point, cause that would for sure be huge help in further differentiating them from Void Elves, and Vereesa is someone who would never agreed for such thing.

But there is also no reason to give tattoos and ranger look to Silver Covenant. They are military organization from Dalaran, specific faction. They don't have to be main source of playable HIgh Elven population as allied race, and even shouldn't be - as allied races require recruiting scenario. Situation could be here similar than with Dark Irons, where part of them was recruited earlier, and part of them is brought now. Old Ranger look fits more for Highvale elves, and so - them, or other similar rediscovered groups of exiles would be recruited population, while Silver Covenant getting some role in that scenario.

I was recently looking on updated minimaps of Eastern Kingdoms, on all that empty mountains south of Quel'Thalas... There could be in fact plenty added things, much more that it would be needed here.

Even if we wouldn't consider here elven civil war, and death of Vereesa, she is still first of all commander of city dwelling militia group, and so - her appearance should stay coherent with function, if she ever got new model. Just as Alleria's look stayed old styled during Legion, even if there are no elves presented in that way anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    with her tattoos and eyes going purple or something
    I absolutely fully support this.

However, I would suggest myself a black eyes. Believe me - there is nothing giving better dark-elf vibe, than chalky white skin with whole eyes going black.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You would call Alliance asking for content they actually want irrelevant tripe, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    You would call Alliance asking for content they actually want irrelevant tripe, wouldn't you?
    That guy is just affraid that his pretty blonde female elf paladin is not going to be unique anymore or some dumb thing like that.
    Default dancing over the Obelisk of the Kairos's ruins.

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    I would call the Alliance asking for a clone of a Horde race and some of them going so far as to start threatening people with mass shootings, cancer and suicide (Three things I have seen threatened by High Elf fans) when they don't get what they want irrelevant tripe, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    That guy is just affraid that his pretty blonde female elf paladin is not going to be unique anymore or some dumb thing like that.
    Please, contain your salt, I do not want to dehydrate.

Please, contain your salt, I do not want to dehydrate.
    Apply that to yourself, look what you made with your Location and Signature.
    Default dancing over the Obelisk of the Kairos's ruins.

Yet it is perfectly acceptable for hordies to endlessly spam the official forums with irrelevant tripe like begging for San'layn?

Oh, I see. For horde, it is fine to ask for Void Elves with different colored eyes. But High Elves? They don't even get to have a megathread anymore!

I bet the censorship and bias is A-OK with you though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Fascist View Post
    Yet it is perfectly acceptable for hordies to endlessly spam the official forums with irrelevant tripe like begging for San'layn?
    no its not, but they didn't reach the lv of obnoxious the high elf threads did, and they are not shut down by the devs a lot of times, thats why the mods, wrongly, let then pass

do a favor like anyone else and report then