1. #6621
    Can't we just have the Silver Covenant disband? Seriously. Give Blood Elves a blue eye tint, kill Vareesa, have them welcomed back in to Quel'Thalas. Then blow up Dalaran. Problem solved.

  2. #6622
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    There's screen shots from the Discord in this very thread regarding this, unless they've been removed. It's very real and absolutely true.
    The were removed. It was Zorish I think posting them, and the High Elf discord people got upset and they pm'ed the mods here and then they pm'ed Zorish and asked he not do it anymore. He agreed and that was that.

    Besides, the examples I listed mostly happened on twitter and here.

  3. #6623
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    There's screen shots from the Discord in this very thread regarding this, unless they've been removed. It's very real and absolutely true.
    If you think that threats of violence are unique to the High Elf people, you should see the threats of violence I have received for my videos. There are always quacks on both sides. Don't act like they all come from the High Elf side.

  4. #6624
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    If you think that threats of violence are unique to the High Elf people, you should see the threats of violence I have received for my videos. There are always quacks on both sides. Don't act like they all come from the High Elf side.
    Yup, plus the anti-helf side has had people actually DO things such as removing wowpedia entries about High Elves (which got fixed but is there in the history) and also when the High Elf discord peeps made a Google Drive full of their High Elf fanart to send to Chris Robinson, some anti-helfer replaced it with bunch of pics of Trolls killing Elves and the like (which also got fixed and luckily fixed quickly before Chris Robinson saw those troll-y pics).

    So in essence it's kind of dumb to say "well this side SAID these things!" vs the side that actually DID real world stuff (inb4 'those sole actions don't rep all anti-helfers).

    Well no shit the actions of a few don't rep the actions of many, but it's funny to see that these anti-helfers who've been back and forth into this thread acting as if some from the anti-helf side did nothing similar, if not worse, than some pro-helfers.

  5. #6625
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yup, plus the anti-helf side has had people actually DO things such as removing wowpedia entries about High Elves (which got fixed but is there in the history) and also when the High Elf discord peeps made a Google Drive full of their High Elf fanart to send to Chris Robinson, some anti-helfer replaced it with bunch of pics of Trolls killing Elves and the like (which also got fixed and luckily fixed quickly before Chris Robinson saw those troll-y pics).

    So in essence it's kind of dumb to say "well this side SAID these things!" vs the side that actually DID real world stuff (inb4 'those sole actions don't rep all anti-helfers).

    Well no shit the actions of a few don't rep the actions of many, but it's funny to see that these anti-helfers who've been back and forth into this thread acting as if some from the anti-helf side did nothing similar, if not worse, than some pro-helfers.
    I'm really curious why would someone bother to threaten the "high elf" people, since high elves are not even planned in the near or distant future, from a chief dev's mouth. I mean it's not like I can't imagine getting some moron getting all emotional and making threats, but the way people act here, it's like they get showered with threats constantly.

    If it is true, it sucks, if not, it's really not helping the "cause". It just makes it more annoying.

  6. #6626
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    If high elves are not blood elves then who are the blood elves exactly?
    Blood elves are a new version of the old high elves. different beliefs...but before you go bla bla bla here a INGAME bit clearly stating that they something DIFFERENT:




    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    What the actual fuck is this clusterfuck of petulant crying and nonsense? There are horde exclusive raids now? Horde are the only faction with druid forms? cool races? win most of the battles? Losing and gaining more heroes what are you on about seriously, if horde gets so much better then go play horde and you will finally get to play your stupid barbie high elf.
    Raids: First raid is horde ( about them and their faction). Second raid is alliance just like in WoD...oohhh wait the cancelled that raid.
    Druid forms: Cool new druid forms. Horde get different forms that look like dino's. We get a bunch of sticks. That all are the same texture but stretch to meet the form. They are very light in the legs ( see through), bland in the body ( nothing their but fur), and then a very very busy skull. Very poor design the whole body should have been like legs or head. Furthermore the head is pretty much the same on most of the forms. And the cat a bear form are just a before and after for a diet commercial.
    Cool races:
    Horde: very though warrior orcs, thought warrior tauren, Strong magic elves, Cool epic trolls < all of them have great story before and options for later.
    Alliance: Cool iron dwarfs , fantatic paladins 2.0 who look just like there normal parts ( more the tauren do), Addicted ( out of city kicked) elves, fat humans ( yes they are fat and not bulky) that are supposed to be a epic navy. But look more like some fat inbred dummy's. < only dark iron have and will have great story potential. The rest has to few people in it to matter.
    battle's:Alliance loose pretty much 3 zones ( night elf ones), gets their fleet destroyed by zandalari And 1 fleet is lost, SW is burned. Horde looses lordaroan...yeah seems about even.
    hero:We loose Lady Greyman, Celia Menathil and Jaina's brother body gets taken by the forsaken to be ressed and used. against.....?
    Mounts: Horde gets all kind of new animals. Alliance gets more horses to add to the 28 we can get ( that does not include class and raid mounts btw :P then the number is in the 40).

    Why? because you are not that smart. Its not that i think we need the high elves. But after so much(or better said less) alliance stuff. 1 good thing would be nice.

  7. #6627
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I'm really curious why would someone bother to threaten the "high elf" people, since high elves are not even planned in the near or distant future, from a chief dev's mouth. I mean it's not like I can't imagine getting some moron getting all emotional and making threats, but the way people act here, it's like they get showered with threats constantly.

    If it is true, it sucks, if not, it's really not helping the "cause". It just makes it more annoying.
    The internet allowing for as much anonymity that it does leads some really shitty people to do those shitty type of things. It's why Live Streamers are pretty hush hush on where they live or even the vicinity of where they live by.

  8. #6628
    Deleted
    @baskev So you admit that blood elves are high elves then? If you want some more ingame stuff feel free to read the actual official blood elf page on blizzards website: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/blood-elf
    Most notably:
    "As a result, Kael’thas desperately searched for a means to help his people—whom he had renamed the blood elves—and thus he set out for the shattered world of Outland. "
    It's been the same dialog since the blood elves were introduced back in TBC, and summarizes the events of warcraft 3, both of which happened long long long before Ion joined blizzard, it is not just his opinion that blood elves are high elves, it is the exact story that blizzard as a whole, back in early 2000's wrote for them.

    I am not even going to bother with the rest because it's all opinionated nonsense where you think that there is some horde bias simply because you personally dislike some things in the game. The same game that has had an actual raid tier dedicated to raiding the hordes capital city to kill their second warchief, then kill off their third warchief right after being initiated simply to even up the fact that the alliance were going to lose their king as a part of the plot line to appease people like yourself who have it in their heads that 'factions are not allowed to lose something unless the other faction loses something, unless again it is their faction that doesn't lose anything then by all means screw the other faction because i do not play it'.

    This is pretty much the end of the discussion for me because it will be like talking to a brick wall, especially reading your signature where you come across as the stereotype who i genuinely thought was just a meme where people seem to completely forget that the horde and alliance are just factions in a video game, they are not real. This discussion feels like trying to debate with a flat earther or someone who thinks that there is 50+ different genders, no matter what i say will change your mind, but no matter what you say the facts will always be the same, Blood Elves are High Elves.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-06-27 at 09:15 PM.

  9. #6629
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    @baskev So you admit that blood elves are high elves then? If you want some more ingame stuff feel free to read the actual official blood elf page on blizzards website: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/blood-elf
    Most notably:
    "As a result, Kael’thas desperately searched for a means to help his people—whom he had renamed the blood elves—and thus he set out for the shattered world of Outland. "
    It's been the same dialog since the blood elves were introduced back in TBC, and summarizes the events of warcraft 3, both of which happened long long long before Ion joined blizzard, it is not just his opinion that blood elves are high elves, it is the exact story that blizzard as a whole, back in early 2000's wrote for them.

    I am not even going to bother with the rest because it's all opinionated nonsense where you think that there is some horde bias simply because you personally dislike some things in the game. The same game that has had an actual raid tier dedicated to raiding the hordes capital city to kill their second warchief, then kill off their third warchief right after being initiated simply to even up the fact that the alliance were going to lose their king as a part of the plot line to appease people like yourself who have it in their heads that 'factions are not allowed to lose something unless the other faction loses something, unless again it is their faction that doesn't lose anything then by all means screw the other faction because i do not play it'.

    This is pretty much the end of the discussion for me because it will be like talking to a brick wall, especially reading your signature where you come across as the stereotype who i genuinely thought was just a meme where people seem to completely forget that the horde and alliance are just factions in a video game, they are not real. This discussion feels like trying to debate with a flat earther or someone who thinks that there is 50+ different genders, no matter what i say will change your mind, but no matter what you say the facts will always be the same, Blood Elves are High Elves.
    /thread well done sir. There's literally nothing to discuss past this.

  10. #6630
    Blizzard thinks they can have it both ways: constantly use the Silver Covenant and High Elves as Alliance NPCs and in the Alliance storyline, and claim that they are Blood Elves at the same time. Well, I guess by that logic then Blood Elves are in the wrong faction, huh? Maybe we should just campaign to move the entire Blood Elf population over to the Alliance. I mean, that is their logic, afterall. Might as well keep it consistent.

  11. #6631
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Fascist View Post
    Blizzard thinks they can have it both ways: constantly use the Silver Covenant and High Elves as Alliance NPCs and in the Alliance storyline, and claim that they are Blood Elves at the same time. Well, I guess by that logic then Blood Elves are in the wrong faction, huh? Maybe we should just campaign to move the entire Blood Elf population over to the Alliance. I mean, that is their logic, afterall. Might as well keep it consistent.
    They can because it's their story. Regardless, High Elves who rejected the new path for their people still exist and the npc's serve their purpose by reflecting it in game. However, the blood elves and void elves are the legacy and continuation of the Quel'dorie. This is why I believe that inevitably the remaining High Elves will die out while the blood/void elves live on.

    The problem with giving High Elves to alliance players is that it regresses the narrative of Quel'thalas. Blood Elves were High Elves. The attack of the scourge decimated their way of life and were forced to find a new path for survival. The Horde, through Sylvanas, was their Salvation. Sure you had your special snowflakes like vereesa who rejected the new path but they were an extreme minority from a race that already lost a majority of its population.\

    The story of the Quel'dorie needs to continue to evolve. Golden Eyes for Belfs and Void Elves were the next step. Playable High Elves would spit in the face of progress from a lore point of view.

  12. #6632
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Can't we just have the Silver Covenant disband? Seriously. Give Blood Elves a blue eye tint, kill Vareesa, have them welcomed back in to Quel'Thalas. Then blow up Dalaran. Problem solved.
    It's always a human city-state that gets blown up or a clan of orcs that gets villainized lol think some other epilogue would be better

  13. #6633
    So, out of curiosity, has all your banter and such caused them to put blue eyes on the Blood Elves yet? I only ask because it's 349 pages in and we already know the High Elves are Horde, so I am greatly confused. I distinctly recall this being brought to light by Ion several months ago, can anyone confirm playable High Elves outside of Horde?
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

  14. #6634
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    So, out of curiosity, has all your banter and such caused them to put blue eyes on the Blood Elves yet?
    Yeah they're called Void Elves those are the Blue Eye Blood Elves since they were Blood Elves and have Blue Eyes now.

  15. #6635
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    @baskev So you admit that blood elves are high elves then? If you want some more ingame stuff feel free to read the actual official blood elf page on blizzards website: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/blood-elf
    They where once. And yes its a nice page. But its conflicts with what has been seen ingame. And and funny you side step the whole ingame suramar bit i showed .

    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Most notably:
    "As a result, Kael’thas desperately searched for a means to help his people—whom he had renamed the blood elves—and thus he set out for the shattered world of Outland. "
    It's been the same dialog since the blood elves were introduced back in TBC, and summarizes the events of warcraft 3, both of which happened long long long before Ion joined blizzard, it is not just his opinion that blood elves are high elves, it is the exact story that blizzard as a whole, back in early 2000's wrote for them.
    His people...the one's that followed him. There have been a lot of high elves ingame. They even have different appearance. And all your bla bla is null and void. INGAME they have been named ( in suramar) to be 3 different elf factions, Night, High and blood elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    I am not even going to bother with the rest because it's all opinionated nonsense where you think that there is some horde bias simply because you personally dislike some things in the game. The same game that has had an actual raid tier dedicated to raiding the hordes capital city to kill their second warchief, then kill off their third warchief right after being initiated simply to even up the fact that the alliance were going to lose their king as a part of the plot line to appease people like yourself who have it in their heads that 'factions are not allowed to lose something unless the other faction loses something, unless again it is their faction that doesn't lose anything then by all means screw the other faction because i do not play it'.
    They are not dislikes. if 1 person gets 1 gold coin and the other 10....then its unbalanced.
    Yes horde has a warchief problem.
    And yes it shows your mentality towards other players. You just think HAHAHA stupid alliance pundit. While i agree with the warchief changes of power a bit to quick.
    And yes it was in the horde capitol and later raids where horde or horde species at their center ( nighthold). That is my whole point. Positive or negative for the horde, the story was still about them. we Got horde at the end of/half way truh MoP, whole of WoD was horde, Legion with 2 races added to the horde was pretty much completely horde. Only the last patch had some alliance stuff. So story focus is still horde.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    This is pretty much the end of the discussion for me because it will be like talking to a brick wall, especially reading your signature where you come across as the stereotype who i genuinely thought was just a meme where people seem to completely forget that the horde and alliance are just factions in a video game, they are not real. This discussion feels like trying to debate with a flat earther or someone who thinks that there is 50+ different genders, no matter what i say will change your mind, but no matter what you say the facts will always be the same, Blood Elves are High Elves.
    [/QUOTE]
    Lol i am the flat earther...you are the one who gets facts like a INGAME scene and just thinks...nope not watching or agreeing with it. And i have proven my facts ( horde bias and high elf stuff) you have just talked about your emotions etc. Come with facts. Proof to me that 1 faction getting 3 horse mounts that we already vs 1 faction getting 3 new type if animal mounts is the same. You can not. That is why you are running away .

  16. #6636
    Herald of the Titans Sluvs's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Wow...are you so desperately clinging to straws that you think a single line makes real lore? Because that is it...a single line of text can explain the "lore" of the Void Elves...don't even need a full sentence...just a single line.

    Sorry but rather kinda sad.
    You are also ignoring the fact that it is builded upon estabilished lore bringing TONS of potential to current lore. Their origin story is one line. But i can condense close to all races origins to one line:

    Night elves came from trolls mutated by the well of eternity.
    Humans are former vrykul.
    Dwarves are the earthens that were affected by the curse of flesh.
    Blood elves are just night elves that changed their habits.
    Gnomes are mechagnomes affected by the curse of flesh.
    Worgen are humans afflicted by a curse.

    See? All these races have one line origin story. Just because their origin is simple, it does not mean that it has no lore.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  17. #6637
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Night elves came from trolls mutated by the well of eternity.
    Humans are former vrykul.
    Dwarves are the earthens that were affected by the curse of flesh.
    Blood elves are just night elves that changed their habits.
    Gnomes are mechagnomes affected by the curse of flesh.
    Worgen are humans afflicted by a curse.
    None of those come even close to do justice to the races.
    You can't really understand night elf lore without the Well of Eternity, War of the Ancients, Elune, druids.
    You can't explain human lore without delving into the seven kingdoms, the trolls wars and the wars against the Horde.
    Dwarves have several clans and a major civil war.

    And so on.

    Summarizing the races into a single line does not work. The fact that void elves can be summed like that only shows how lacking the race is.
    Whatever...

  18. #6638
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    None of those come even close to do justice to the races.
    You can't really understand night elf lore without the Well of Eternity, War of the Ancients, Elune, druids.
    You can't explain human lore without delving into the seven kingdoms, the trolls wars and the wars against the Horde.
    Dwarves have several clans and a major civil war.

    And so on.

    Summarizing the races into a single line does not work. The fact that void elves can be summed like that only shows how lacking the race is.
    What's exactly is the problem with little lore for VE's. They're completely brand new and have the potential to expand the lore of Warcraft as a whole. That is a good thing.

    moP was an asspull expansion and turned out to be solid with the new lore that it brought. Not every new feature has to be recycled from the rts's.

  19. #6639
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    What's exactly is the problem with little lore for VE's. They're completely brand new and have the potential to expand the lore of Warcraft as a whole. That is a good thing.

    moP was an asspull expansion and turned out to be solid with the new lore that it brought. Not every new feature has to be recycled from the rts's.
    The problem with void elves is not that they are brand new. It's that their introduction was done in a lazy manner. We had no time to know the elves that were transformed, either before or after the event. They have no important NPCs beyond Umbric, and even he was poorly developed. A slightly more complex introduction could have done them wonders and make them interesting from the get-go.

    As I said a few days ago:

    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    IMO, void elves could have been made more tolerable if more thought had been put into their storyline. For one, I'd make a large group of them be a Silver Covenant squad and other high elves (specially some from Allerian Stronghold) that were helping Alleria locate Umbric and were caught in the incident, so they were forcefully transformed without ever dealing with the void. That, from the get-go, would help with a lot of things, like explaining where void elf warriors and hunters come from, why are there so many void elves and immediately making void elves fall into two opposing camps: blood elves that studied the void and high elves that were just victims of an event outside their control.
    That simple suggestion could have done them wonders, by giving them more known NPCs and varied views on the Void and the transformation.

    So far, BfA still hasn't really done much to flesh the race out, but at least Umbric gets some more exposure in the Alliance campaign.
    Whatever...

  20. #6640
    My question here is, why are people are trying to dismantle the "high elf case" by saying there is nothing wrong with how Void Elves were introduced?

    They are related issues, sure, but tangentially. Yet when people are starting to imply that Void Elves were successfully integrated it just seems you are using every argument as a anti helf launching point. Do y'all really think VE where successfully implemented? Or are you bringing that up only because you are using it as a anti high elf point?

    Void Elves continue to have the most half assed implementation of any race in game, and what is worst is that they had so much more potential. They are a cool idea, but so hastily put together. And no matter how much their lore gets build up on the future (I sure hope so because I still like them) their implementation would most certainly not be retroactively made better.

    The fact that we went to recruit VE before VE even existed is simply the most notorious example of how badly they were introduced into the world. HM and NB were introduced at the start of Legion, LF Draenei where a swerve, but we have had knowledge of the Army of Light for a while now so at least there was that.

    VE still are just a random group of blood elves that got exiled after delving into the void, which only by sheer coincidence happened during the same time Alleria ate a Naaru and became the first Void Elf. It's just bad writing, why are people defending that?

    It's not even that the VE backstory by itself is unsalvageable; it could have worked far better had Umbric and his followers been introduced earlier -maybe as Priest Hall lore- as a group of BE delving into the void against the wishes of Lor'themar and Silvermoon, maybe even make them Scryer affiliated to show they are more neutral than horde. The problem with VE will always remain that they were not build up as a group on any way, shape or form before they were introduced. -and I really mean as a group, not thematically-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •