1. #6781
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Yes but what is left to talk about?

    Even a new angle on it, such as 'will the SC join the void elves', just goes back into the same circular discussion.
    Well, this isn't a dictatorship in which people aren't allowed to talk about things someone doesn't like to see. Everyone can freely ignore this thread. I opened it because I chose to and you did so too.

  2. #6782
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I also question the motive of the desire. A lot of Alliance posters in this thread seem to want Silvermoon to fall, not because it is the base of the Horde which I could understand, but somehow to punish the race for not being Alliance High Elves. DeicideUH often postulates his pet theory of the Blood Elves being evicted, the Sunwell being destroyed and lots of Blood Elves being turned against their will into Void Elves...who would then for some reason decide to serve the Alliance that caused this catastrophe.

    That is his attempt to fix Void Elves, by wrecking the Blood Elf storyline and setting them back to the pre TBC era.
    Who cares what the motive is? It's not any bit as different as those who call for Silver Covenant to die at Teldrassil just to "shut up the High Elf request" or since that didn't work now the goal posts have moved to converting the rest of em into Void Elves.

    Motives for why something occurs doesn't have to be any more than "because it's wanted" whether by developers or players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    This would be the best option. Frankly I have no problem with a group of exiled High Elves functioning as story support on the Alliance side, adding nuance and texture to the story. But since that apparently cannot be tolerated without a never ending demanding they become playable exactly as they are, turning them into Void Elves would at least nix this debate.
    See, just as you do here? It wouldn't make sense at all for SC/HE to turn into Void Elves but the only purpose ever raised for it is always just to close the HE discussion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Well, this isn't a dictatorship in which people aren't allowed to talk about things someone doesn't like to see. Everyone can freely ignore this thread. I opened it because I chose to and you did so too.
    Some people would have it be a dictatorship. "I don't like this topic being discussed so it should be shut down."

  3. #6783
    Titan Zulkhan's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Posts
    13,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Not to add more fuel to whole High Elf/Playable High Elves Drama.
    Except you just added more fuel to it. Purposefully so, I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    why would you revive this?
    Becuase High Elfers can't let this shit go. That would be their worst nightmare. On the other hand, the attention over this thread is slowly fading and despite these attempts, its fate is inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

  4. #6784
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    That is an exaggeration of my point. You asked for me to clarify what I meant by gameplay need, and I provided what I believe to be the rationale. Extrapolating that the absence of the 'sense' that both Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms are shared spaces, rather than faction specific, would mean doom for the game is not what I said.
    You provided rationale for why they are currently shared spaces, not for why they must remain as such.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    You are employing a straw man here. What I said was that having faction cities on both continents for both factions provides a sense of ownership and presence for both factions and does not render Kalimdor the Horde continent and the EK the Alliance continent.
    It's not a strawman at all.

    You've posited that some necessity of gameplay demands that the continents not become "the Horde continent" or "the Alliance continent", and that the only way for this to be avoided is for racial capital cities from both factions to be present on all major landmasses. Blizzard disagrees, seemingly on both counts:

    1) They seem to be quite alright with calling Zandalar "the Horde continent", and Kul'tiras "the Alliance continent". There is nothing we've seen yet which would suggest this same rationale wouldn't/couldn't be applied to both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms -- they clearly don't find the notion of a continent that is predominantly controlled by one faction to be in any way a hindrance to gameplay.

    2) Neither of the upcoming continents, Zandalar ("the Horde continent") or Kul'Tiras ("the Alliance continent"), actually house a capital city for the opposing faction. Yet, this hasn't affected the gameplay in the slightest as the investment into foreign territory is achieved via military staging points (which, coincidentally, is a more functionally appropriate method of waging war).

    All I'm saying is that Quel'thalas/Lordaeron doesn't need to be near-completely controlled by the Horde "because reasons", for the Horde to be invested militarily in Eastern Kingdoms; likewise for Azuremyst/Teldrassil and the Alliance. There is no "gameplay necessity", it's just something you don't think would be good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are unique among the landmasses in that, a.) they are the continents where the bulk of the populations of both Alliance and Horde are concentrated and b.) hold a special place in people's hearts due to them being the original continents of the gameworld. Being evicted completely from the Eastern Kingdoms would not feel nice for the Horde playerbase, and ditto Kalimdor for Alliance players.
    I wondered how far I'd have to read before running into "but muh feels!", spread out across a whole paragraph. Not far, it seems.

    It really doesn't matter if you personally enjoy any given notion or not. It's would be entirely reasonable for the rationale behind the zone layout for a new expansion to be applied later, while revisiting/updating zones from previous expansions. To just bemoan, "gameplay necessity", while Blizzard themselves design around precisely the opposite of that "gameplay necessity" is foolish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I also question the motive of the desire. A lot of Alliance posters in this thread seem to want Silvermoon to fall, not because it is the base of the Horde which I could understand, but somehow to punish the race for not being Alliance High Elves. DeicideUH often postulates his pet theory of the Blood Elves being evicted, the Sunwell being destroyed and lots of Blood Elves being turned against their will into Void Elves...who would then for some reason decide to serve the Alliance that caused this catastrophe.
    The motives of players for wanting something is irrelevant. You probably can't find an example in the history of the game of Blizzard drafting a narrative which is intended to spite their playerbase (excepting, perhaps, those who yearn for playable High Elves) -- so it's their motive that matters. And right now, their motives seem to be to paint Kalimdor red, and the Eastern Kingdoms blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    That is his attempt to fix Void Elves, by wrecking the Blood Elf storyline and setting them back to the pre TBC era.
    As a current Blood Elf, and someone who rolled one the day they were available, I would be entirely alright with this. As long as they harvest the Sunwell, in part or whole, as they flee Silvermoon... I don't much care where they land.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Because Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms are the original game world continents, whereas Zandalar and Kul Tiras were conceived of and introduced as faction specific landmasses for the story of BFA.
    The point is Blizzard is currently, in 2018 and not 2004, entirely alright with continents belonging to one faction. Which means that currently, in 2018 and not 2004, you can't say with any certainty that they wouldn't pull the trigger on this kind of geopolitical shift elsewhere within their gamespace. You can hope upon hope that it never happens, but you can't guarantee it; and citing an intangible like "but I need to feel powerful in EK, or else I'll feel powerless in EK" isn't actually a defensible position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    This would be the best option. Frankly I have no problem with a group of exiled High Elves functioning as story support on the Alliance side, adding nuance and texture to the story. But since that apparently cannot be tolerated without a never ending demanding they become playable exactly as they are, turning them into Void Elves would at least nix this debate.
    Agreed.

  5. #6785
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Except you just added more fuel to it. Purposefully so, I say.



    Becuase High Elfers can't let this shit go. That would be their worst nightmare. On the other hand, the attention over this thread is slowly fading and despite these attempts, its fate is inevitable.
    You can't 'let this shit go' either, so stop being so hypocritical and if you dislike this so much, just don't look at it, this doesn't affect you by any means in the slightest.

    But well, it seems that you just want to feel opinionated and hilarious or something, what are you trying to compensate?

  6. #6786
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    You can't 'let this shit go' either, so stop being so hypocritical and if you dislike this so much, just don't look at it, this doesn't affect you by any means in the slightest.

    But well, it seems that you just want to feel opinionated and hilarious or something, what are you trying to compensate?
    who are you to say things don't affect other peoples?

    its hard to let go when people constantly bring up

  7. #6787
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    who are you to say things don't affect other peoples?

    its hard to let go when people constantly bring up
    I think all he's trying to say is that the post is very ironic. Which it is.

  8. #6788
    High Elves along with blood elf druids are Blizzards last break in case of massive sub drops expect them to be announced around 8.1

  9. #6789
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    High Elves along with blood elf druids are Blizzards last break in case of massive sub drops expect them to be announced around 8.1
    Considering we're talking about Blizzard, it would probably take them an entire expansion to make animations for blood elf druids.

  10. #6790
    Deleted
    I'm sure that Alliance numbers will go down and somehow Blizzard will need to increase it... like add some allied race... hmm

  11. #6791
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Considering we're talking about Blizzard, it would probably take them an entire expansion to make animations for blood elf druids.
    Yeah for sure high elves would be the first one blood elf druids are the holy crap what's going on how have we lost another 3 mil in subs button.

    Also by that point it will be very clear their laughable top 100 alliance guilds get title has done nothing to slow the population gap widening between factions.

  12. #6792
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    High Elves along with blood elf druids are Blizzards last break in case of massive sub drops expect them to be announced around 8.1
    No way, they would spend all the time fixing BfA till like 8.2, at which point they will completely abandon the expansion and will start working on a new one. And then yeah, High Elves will arrive

  13. #6793
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    who are you to say things don't affect other peoples?

    its hard to let go when people constantly bring up
    Uhm... Cause it doesn't?

    I disliked VE they day they came out and i didn't died from anything, all of you would be fine if HE got released tomorrow, so...

    Did i lied?

    I don't have to be god to know that something won't hurt other people xddddd

    And i'm gonna repeat myself because it's clear that i have to: If you dislike something so much but it doesn't affect you, just don't interact with it, if you do that and hurt yourself, sorry, it's your fault.

  14. #6794
    Are they talking about destroying quel'thalas and turning the survivors into mutant monsters?

    how low they have fallen!

    for quel'thalas! for the light!

  15. #6795
    Dreadlord Hawkknight97's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Stormwind to other places.
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    High Elves along with blood elf druids are Blizzards last break in case of massive sub drops expect them to be announced around 8.1
    Wasn't there like a quest in blood elf starting zone that has you killing the trees because there were corrupted but they were kind of not and Tree Creatures would grow a new grove for next 3000 years when all the blood elves died or left or something?

    I mean could Blood Elves Druids? I see them more like Magic Society than Nature Wood Elf.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

  16. #6796
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    No way, they would spend all the time fixing BfA till like 8.2, at which point they will completely abandon the expansion and will start working on a new one. And then yeah, High Elves will arrive
    I mean people used to joke that way about Demon Hunters. (LuL we get DH if Bliz0rd desprte LuL) then when Legion came with DH everyone said "LuL dey ad cuz emrgnc LuLLL". And I've been seeing some others share a similar sentiment with High Elves so..

  17. #6797
    Deleted
    Because the High Elf Pros remember.

  18. #6798
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Uhm... Cause it doesn't?
    again, wjo are you to say something don't affect someone? you are no god, neither know everything about other people

    I disliked VE they day they came out and i didn't died from anything, all of you would be fine if HE got released tomorrow, so...

    Did i lied?

    I don't have to be god to know that something won't hurt other people xddddd

    looks like the VE addition affect and hurt you very much

  19. #6799
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    again, wjo are you to say something don't affect someone? you are no god, neither know everything about other people
    Sometimes you don't have to be a god to know if something affects another person or not. For example, I can safely say that me going today to sleep later than usual will not affect you in any relevant way. The same I can also say that High Elves becoming playable will not affect you in any relevant way. Now, I can't know about your irrational feelings about both of these issues, but irrational feelings are just that - irrational.

  20. #6800
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    Sometimes you don't have to be a god to know if something affects another person or not. For example, I can safely say that me going today to sleep later than usual will not affect you in any relevant way. The same I can also say that High Elves becoming playable will not affect you in any relevant way. Now, I can't know about your irrational feelings about both of these issues, but irrational feelings are just that - irrational.
    That's the stupidest comparison I think I've ever seen.

    You going to sleep later than normal does not affect me in any relevant way, UNLESS I was to share a bedroom with you... in which case it would affect me, especially if I was already asleep and your going to bed late woke me.

    In the case of High Elfs, this game is shared between two factions... so yes, playable High Elfs would affect me in a relevant way as a Horde player (I can list the reasons why if you like).

    So no, you cannot safely say that playable High Elfs would not affect me or anyone else in a relevant way. The fact that there has been such a strong "NO High Elf" response clearly shows that many would be affected in some way, shape or form.

    kk thx, bye.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •