Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    They're definitely less original than any of the allied races. They are identical to an existing race - there is no precedent.
    But we have precedent for "non original races", even ones that cross faction, as well as we have the precedent for the same exact model on two different factions.

Let's pretend that High Eves looking just like Blood Elves is one thing too far to ever conceive. Alright then; what if they are given the NB treatement? (different proportions and idle stance than cross faction base race, plus different cosmetic choices) Wouldn't that be enough?

"But there hasn't been enough time for high elves to be different" you may say. Does aesthetic differentiation need to be diegetic? Thalyssra looks pretty much like a night elf in her cinematic, her actual difference from a Night Elf is minimal beyond the ear shape. So are the differences on the NB model diegetic or not? are they just an aesthetic representation?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Surprise bit**, this is a heated discussion, and what does happen when a discussion heats up? Confrontation? That's right you guessed it, well done!! *CLAPS INTENSIFIES*

Give me a fuc**** break and stop trying to discredit others with sh** that doesn't have a value in the final recount of things, ergo sentimental crap.

Trying to modify the entire context of the discussion finishing your post assuming that the FINAL EVIL PLOT is to make both factions equal is completely moronic.
    I remember when I first learned how to make things bold, italic, and underlined. Looks like you just figured it out, way to go lil' guy.

No, but seriously, nobody is going to be giving you a break. Give us a break. This pathetic argument has gone on since TBC's release. So again, no one is going to let up on you now. I actually thought this thread had died. FML.

...stop trying to discredit others with sh** that doesn't have a value in the final recount of things, ergo sentimental crap.

-What does that even mean? What was the person trying to discredit? They plainly made the claim that High Elves for the Alliance are too similar to Blood Elves for the Horde, and forcing that blurs the faction lines. Blizzard has said that on record. So, tell me, who's trying to discredit who? Not surprised that there are giant holes in your emotional response, actually.

-What is this "final recount" of things you speak of? Is that when the fat lady sings? Is that when someone asks for recount logs? Like seriously, when and where does this "final recount" take place? In your head? In game? On these forums? Essplain, Lucy.

-And did you REALLY just say "sentimental crap" in the High Elf discussions thread? I'm pretty sure this debate is founded on the sentimental attachment to the High Elven concept. You really shouldn't call a counter point sentimental crap. Your whole issue's foundation is sentimental. It certainly isn't practical, which is why Blizzard hasn't caved.

-Also, the word ergo doesn't mean "in other words". It's more of a "thus".

It's sad to see all the time spent in this arena hasn't impressed upon you a deeper ability to logically argue with people. Instead you just flail about with profanities and newfound HTML expertise. Tsk, tsk.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-08-01 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Give us a break.
    No one forces you to do anything to give you a break from something.

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    I am glad people are finally admitting most of the desire for high elves for alliance is about a deep aesthetic desire for aryan visuals.

For my part, I like the features but I am not bothered by my character not having white skin.

This reminds me of something a darker skinned latino girl told me from her childhood, she had a relative that had lighter skin and people were fawning over her even though the person I was talking to thought her looks did not warrant it.

But when it comes to looks, people are into what they are into. I care more about attractive features in my characters, so any blood elf model will do. Even one with bluish skin.
    Oh yes, bring real life reasons why we like high elves. I guess i like Arthas because i admire Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    No one forces you to do anything to give you a break from something.
    Convenient how you deleted the context clues before and after the part you decided to quote, which leaves it vulnerable to misinterpretation. I guess it wouldn't have been as clever if your statement made no sense, though.

Besides, a pro-High Elfer wouldn't force me to do anything, I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    I am not sure what the point of this racist rhetoric? Can't help it, or projectic your own views on others?
    I am not the one bothered about my void elf not having white skin tone. I just commented on what so many others seemed driven by. I am not even against it, I don't share that aesthetic desire/want/need but if that is what a lot of people prefer, have at it. Just be open about what it is.
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I am not the one bothered about my void elf not having white skin tone. I just commented on what so many others seemed driven by. I am not even against it, I don't share that aesthetic desire/want/need but if that is what a lot of people prefer, have at it. Just be open about what it is.
    So we can only want high elves, or even a simulacra of them, only under what you prescribe our motivation is? You are not the first one to come with that one.

Look, people ant high elves for several reasons, some for lore, some because they just want to be a pretty elf and whatever. What are you bringing up to the conversation by generalizing all of our opinions under the "accept you just want to be a white and blond elf" misconstruction? Why are you attempting to build up this narrative as the truth? And you are not the only one that has done this.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am glad people are finally admitting most of the desire for high elves for alliance is about a deep aesthetic desire for aryan visuals.

For my part, I like the features but I am not bothered by my character not having white skin.

This reminds me of something a darker skinned latino girl told me from her childhood, she had a relative that had lighter skin and people were fawning over her even though the person I was talking to thought her looks did not warrant it.

But when it comes to looks, people are into what they are into. I care more about attractive features in my characters, so any blood elf model will do. Even one with bluish skin.
    LoL stop playing around and honestly say that we are racists or white supremacists or some sh** like that.

Holy molly...

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    So we can only want high elves, or even a simulacra of them, only under what you prescribe our motivation is? You are not the first one to come with that one.
    Where did he say that? I don't see where he said that.

You are not the first pro-High Elfer to see words that aren't there. You guys are adept at seeing words and meanings in places where they do not exist.

Deleted
    But I am actually against you assuming something for others and strongly implying that those who want High Elves are racist. And yes, based on your comment before, you do accuse those who want them as racists and all that "I am not against it" and "have at it" is just you hiding the real intention of your post, ironically something you accuse others of.

You are not the first pro-High Elfer to see words that aren't there. You guys are adept at seeing words and meanings in places where they do not exist.
    "I am glad people are finally admitting most of the desire for high elves for alliance is about a deep aesthetic desire for aryan visuals"

Like he LITERALLY said that??

I'm saying he shouldn't generalize, am I being too off base for you?

For context.

So yeah, miss me with your fake outrage about people being pissed at the "hurr durr high elf fans are racist and want to be white" implications. Of all the things this is the one you come batting for?
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2018-08-01 at 09:54 PM.

"I am glad people are finally admitting most of the desire for high elves for alliance is about a deep aesthetic desire for aryan visuals"

Like he LITERALLY said that??

I'm saying he shouldn't generalize, am I being too off base for you?
    He shouldn't generalize. To equate the desire for High Elves as merely a racist motivation is foolish. Why you are even falling prey to this deceptive type of trolling is beyond me.

Could it be said that some people just want a fair-skinned Elf on the Alliance side? Absolutely. Ion himself said it in as many words.

Could it be said that most of that desire comes from racism? No doubt there are racist people that play WoW, because I see it in /tradechat everyday. Does that mean it's grounds for him to say most of this stems from racism? Not at all. You need data to back that up. Of which he posted none. It's merely his opinion and he triggered you like a Russian kalashnikova.

So if you know the truth, kinda like I do, why even bother with him? Put him on ignore and move on. Don't be so naive in the face of an obvious troll. Miss me with that whole "not too smart" thing next time. You're clearly enraged.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-08-01 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I feel like you're basing this on the events of Teldrassil burning... in which case: you REALLY have to start open your eyes up and look on the forums. There are -A LOT- of people on the Horde side who are NOT okay with what Sylvanas does.

But hey, let's go with the logic that Blood elves and High Elves NOT being the same. At least the artsy cutscene showed really well that high elves aren't fit for the "surival of the fittest". "Imma gonna GUITAR SLIIIDE in STYLE and--- oh hello Arthas *DEAD*"
    What players think doesn't matter. They're going to keep supporting Sylvanas for the foreseeable future. Blizzard doesn't give players choices.

He shouldn't generalize. To equate the desire for High Elves as merely a racist motivation is foolish. Why you are even falling prey to this deceptive type of trolling is beyond me.

Could it be said that some people just want a fair-skinned Elf on the Alliance side? Absolutely. Ion himself said it in as many words.

Could it be said that most of that desire comes from racism? No doubt there are racist people that play WoW, because I see it in /tradechat everyday. Does that mean it's grounds for him to say most of this stems from racism? Not at all. You need data to back that up. Of which he posted none. It's merely his opinion and he triggered you like a Russian kalashnikova.

So if you know the truth, kinda like I do, why even bother with him? Put him on ignore and move on. Don't be so naive in the face of an obvious troll. Miss me with that whole "not too smart" thing next time. You're clearly enraged.
    Oh myghad the speed at what you hit that deflection had me like WHOA.

You are so disingenuous you actually leave me shook.

I'm sorry I'm just so emotional about this.

5+ Year Old Account

This damage control is pity to say the least.

Oh myghad the speed at what you hit that deflection had me like WHOA.

You are so disingenuous you actually leave me shook.

I'm sorry I'm just so emotional about this.
    Apology accepted. You don't have to make excuses, dude. I didn't deflect anything. I agreed with you. Also, how am I being disingenuous? Please enlighten me on how you can read me that way through merely reading my forum post.

It's okay, though, your wounded pride will heal.

- - - Updated - - -

This damage control is pity to say the least.
    What was that? I didn't understand your incomplete thought. Just trolling? Okay, thought so.

Apology accepted. You don't have to make excuses, dude. I didn't deflect anything. I agreed with you.

It's okay, though, your wounded pride will heal.
    Enkrypt, everybody! Give him a round of applause!

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Look, people ant high elves for several reasons, some for lore, some because they just want to be a pretty elf and whatever. What are you bringing up to the conversation by generalizing all of our opinions under the "accept you just want to be a white and blond elf" misconstruction? Why are you attempting to build up this narrative as the truth? And you are not the only one that has done this.
    This is just a common gaslighting tactic that racists use everywhere online these days. The fact that it is such a big deal to him is the big giveaway.
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2018-08-01 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    This is just a common gaslighting tactic that racists use everywhere online these days.
    Perhaps, but as it stands in this context, this has certainly been a technique used against people that want different pixels on a videogame -sweet baby j-

The problem is that we can't just want to play a high elf, no, there has to be something morally deficient about us so people can be morally right about being against.

You can only laugh about it really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    This is just a common gaslighting tactic that racists use everywhere online these days.
    Sad they're projecting their own views onto others.

I want High Elves so Alliance can have an Elf Paladin. If Void Elves got that I wouldn't have been rallying for HEs.

People who come at others with "no THIS is actually why you want em" need to feel good about themselves by telling others how to be.