1. #7801
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's around 2.4% gnomes and dwarfs have the "honor" of being the only original races passed by an allied race at 120. Junker gnomes aren't going to do anything to close the faction gap and may in fact accelerate it as more alliance players realize blizzard just doesn't care about the faction.
    aren't goblins less played than gnomes even?

    i heard that anyway.

    but anyway, i think it's dumb that velves will get the helf skin, because i think it should have been that way from the start. i don't think the purple mutants should have been what was made playable. just made no lore sense at all, and hurt the population argument for any race going forward.

  2. #7802
    Quote Originally Posted by Katratzi View Post
    Everything you said sounds ridiculous to me. Go on with enjoying your terrible opinion
    What I said isn't opinion it's fact check realm pop.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And the reason you didn't get void elves is because blizzard doesn't want to take a Horde race, slap blue eyes on it and give it to you.
    Yet they took an alliance race and altered the idle stance and called it good :thinking:

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    aren't goblins less played than gnomes even?

    i heard that anyway.

    but anyway, i think it's dumb that velves will get the helf skin, because i think it should have been that way from the start. i don't think the purple mutants should have been what was made playable. just made no lore sense at all, and hurt the population argument for any race going forward.
    Unsure as to that but Goblins Worgen Pandas and even blood elves and space goats are not original races. All of the hordes original races are well above all allied races only the alliance has the "honor" of having not just one but two of their original races below an allied race.

  3. #7803
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    aren't goblins less played than gnomes even?

    i heard that anyway.

    but anyway, i think it's dumb that velves will get the helf skin, because i think it should have been that way from the start. i don't think the purple mutants should have been what was made playable. just made no lore sense at all, and hurt the population argument for any race going forward.
    According to this website, Goblins are 2% of the population, and Gnomes are 3%. http://warcraftrealms.com/census.php It just seems stupid and a waste of time to add a recolor of a joke race that almost nobody plays. Most people like the normal humanoid models the best on both fractions. They (humans and elves) dont have weird squashed or stretched bodies, or stupid gimmicks like hooves, troll feet, goat legs, tusks and muzzles, torn clothes, or goofy proportions.

    Just imagine if Gilbins and Mechanognomes are supposed to be the BIG HYPE of the next allied races. lmao.

  4. #7804
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Just imagine if Gilbins and Mechanognomes are supposed to be the BIG HYPE of the next allied races. lmao.
    Indeed. This have been my point too. Doesn't seem to be the right time to release those as the next Allied Race, even though it surely points in that direction with Mechagone and Nazjatar in 8.2. I would guess now, in times like these it would be wise to release other races which seems more requested and more popular.

    I could see them do some customization like adding choices for gnomes and goblins instead. I got the idea that Mekkatorque will be "saved" by adding some mechanical devices so he gets out of the freezing situation he will be in the next patch. So he gets "mechanized" and that leads to new customizations for the Gnomes, instead of making a whole new raceslot for them.

  5. #7805
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    According to this website, Goblins are 2% of the population, and Gnomes are 3%. http://warcraftrealms.com/census.php It just seems stupid and a waste of time to add a recolor of a joke race that almost nobody plays. Most people like the normal humanoid models the best on both fractions. They (humans and elves) dont have weird squashed or stretched bodies, or stupid gimmicks like hooves, troll feet, goat legs, tusks and muzzles, torn clothes, or goofy proportions.

    Just imagine if Gilbins and Mechanognomes are supposed to be the BIG HYPE of the next allied races. lmao.
    yeah, it really does feel like a bit of a waste of an allied race.

    vulpera seem actually ok compared to either of these.

  6. #7806
    Officers Academy Prof. Byleth's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fódlan
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    What I said isn't opinion it's fact check realm pop.
    I was of course referring to your terrible junker gnome opinion.

    I acknowledge the realm pop part.

  7. #7807
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    Either way I get what I want, sure I would prefer them as a separate ally race, but I'm fine with having my blond hair flesh tone skin elf too
    But I thought that defeats the point because having high elves is not about the skin, but about the whole philosophy and race?

  8. #7808
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    It is but let's face it if Blizz is to offer us anything it's only going to be more compromises in the form of more skins for Void Elves and they'll still look awfull turning purple unless they allow for players to turn off that abominative state.
    It's funny, sounds like the stuff being said before they announced Velfs.

    But you know what is gonna happen? The same people will cry how they are still not Helfs and will request another thing and another.

  9. #7809
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    But I thought that defeats the point because having high elves is not about the skin, but about the whole philosophy and race?
    If you actually thought that, you weren't paying attention. While there a few people for whom their interpretation of the lore is the basis for their desire, the demand for these customization 'options' is clear proof that it is, always has been and always will be about the look for most people.

  10. #7810
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Because at the end of the day they only wanted plain old Vanilla High Elves not glow in the dark purple edge bois, people would have been extremely happy with that.

    And before you mention faction blurring, if they are happy to think about giving Void Elves High elf asphetics that argument is alrdy debunked null and void.
    Are they happy? Obviously you guys are not. And that logic is really faulty. I think the point was NOT to give the Alliance something so similar to the Belfs and that's why they made up a new race.

  11. #7811
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post

    And before you mention faction blurring, if they are happy to think about giving Void Elves High elf asphetics that argument is alrdy debunked null and void.
    Afriasiabi was asked directly if High Elf customization options were possible in future and he said yes, it was possible.

    Just as Ion says 'Anything is possible'.

    They could add tuskarr skins to Dwarves if they wanted, that's possible too.

    But the fact remains that if they were OK with granting High Elf aesthetics to the Alliance, they would have given the Alliance High Elves and not Void Elves. Void Elves are different for a reason. And IF at some point in the future they look into a High Elf 'like' customization for the Void Elves, there are a million and one ways it can go without resulting in a blonde, fair skinned, blue eyed Elf. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was another monkey paw result.

    In fact, the most solid takeaway we have from the question was Afrisiabi nodding in agreement to the Lost Codex guys saying the Void Elves fill the High Elf niche on the Alliance. As everyone outside the pro High Elf community can see was the goal and intent behind them.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-11-11 at 09:40 PM.

  12. #7812
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Again fallacy, they were happy to give the Horde night elves with a different idle stance and now they're happy to give the alliance High elf themed skins for their Void elves though its not really what I wanted personally fuck it Blizzard only seems to want to compromise as not to upset Horde players even though what the fuck it has to do with them is beyond you and me.
    Typical helfisht bullshit.

    First of all the NB elves are not Nelfs as much as Belfs are Velfs and evidently since they can't be light-skinned that's why you complain.

    Second, trying to shoo off Horde players claiming that the cloning of one of their race down to political views in none of their business, isn't gonna get you Helfs like it has not to this point.

    Blizz is trying the waters to see how people react and I say to them - fuck no.

  13. #7813
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Blizz is trying the waters to see how people react and I say to them - fuck no.
    I disagree that Blizzard was testing the waters. Someone asked a question about the possibility, and like Ion has said twice before anything is possible.

  14. #7814
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Again fallacy, they were happy to give the Horde night elves with a different idle stance and now they're happy to give the alliance High elf themed skins for their Void elves though its not really what I wanted personally fuck it Blizzard only seems to want to compromise as not to upset Horde players even though what the fuck it has to do with them is beyond you and me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm very inclined to agree with you on this.
    It's simple...they don't want to upset their golden child...they love the Horde and it shows...and they love to troll player too...If High Elves and Blood Elves when when in all of this time have we never even gotten blue eyes as a option for Blood Elves? Yet instead they get golden eyes which takes away a little of the shine from Lightforged Draenei, because they're supposed to be all about the gold...yet you basically can't see 90% of it unless you run around in your underwear.

    They just flat out hate Alliance, would have been better off if they just gave Alliance Nightborne and Horde something else...instead they wanted to troll us with not only something people didn't want...but gave us a complete asspull with no lore at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    *Sigh* Please refer to evidence below

    Horde have Night Elves so stop trying to pass it off as bullshit because its true and stop being a selfish little child.
    Especially since they went out of their way to change player NB from the original model to this...they wanted them to be like Night Elves.

  15. #7815
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    While they are trying to establish that lore its still very little and very pulled from the air and yes I agree with you about the golden child treatment and I think it was shown at Blizzcon too that people are aware of it.
    Especially when they made a crack at Alliance players...but there are still plenty of Horde hand wavers who will deny these facts till the end.

  16. #7816
    This thread is getting ridiculous. High Elves are in the game. I've been playing one since 2007. Get over your disdain for mudhuts and play a belf and stfu ffs.

    Blood Elves are the result of story progression. If you make a playable version of high elves then you're throwing away all the development Quel'thalas has gone through just to satisfy your legolas fantasies.

    The silver covenant is a group of relics who are hanging on to a dying culture. The future is here and it is red, not blue. Grow up and play your damn grape elves.
    Last edited by Varx; 2018-11-11 at 09:58 PM.

  17. #7817
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    *Sigh* Please refer to evidence below



    Horde have Night Elves so stop trying to pass it off as bullshit because its true and stop being a selfish little child.
    And the Alliance have belfs. What's the problem again?

  18. #7818
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    And I agree with you, but tbh there's not much we can do without being called childish whiners by every other tom dick and harry.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sorry darling those are Blood elves, we don't want them the Alliance High elves are in Stormwind and numerous other Alliance locations and friendly/supportive to the Alliance, it's ok I know you're sorry simple creatures can't tell the difference in complex situations. Here's a high elf for you:
    Like I said, the fact they can't even give Blood Elves blue eye options to at least calm down some of the people just shows how they're out to troll between that and the Void Elves literally no one ever asked for.

  19. #7819
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    And I agree with you, but tbh there's not much we can do without being called childish whiners by every other tom dick and harry.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sorry darling those are Blood elves, we don't want them the Alliance High elves are in Stormwind and numerous other Alliance locations and friendly/supportive to the Alliance, it's ok I know you're sorry simple creatures can't tell the difference in complex situations. Here's a high elf for you:

    You post that as if politcal/cultural differences are biological. Current high elves never got the memo after arthas fucked silvermoon and stood by the alliance for who the Fuck knows why.

    They're just a minor remembrance of life before that event. Its like old people who still use antenna tv, are they a different race?

    Stop fucking with story progression cuz you wanna be a special snowflake and not group with big ugly orcs.

  20. #7820
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Refer to my previous post, The Alliance doesnt want your rejected Blood Elves. Blood elves are so... common..
    Really? I guess the being the most played Allied race is a sign of rejection to you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •