1. #11821
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    If the game gets rid of factions, what would be the point of introducing High Elves? Just add a blue eye option when creating Blood Elves and you're done.
    This is more or less what I was getting at. It would be a customization option for blue eyes, and then you would just call it high elf yourself if you wanted to, but the race in the menu would still be called blood elf.

  2. #11822
    I feel like if they did this, it would need to come with two things.

    1. Proper reconciliation story. It shouldn't just appear as a choice at the start of an expansion, we should get leaders like Lor'themar, Vereesa, and Alleria reconciling without the issue of the Horde to get in the way, in a manner that's more than just one meeting. Both sides, but Vereesa in particular, have not been kind to each other over the years, and there needs to be some proper mending.

    2. More than just a blue eyed face. If they decide to merge two (possibly three) groups together, the way they are customized needs to be changed. Eye color needs to become an actual option, not just tied to a small group of faces. And beyond that, merging the two can also allow them to add more customization onto them that people have requested for high elves, such as tattoos, ear customization and glowless eyes.

  3. #11823
    High elfs go by the name Blood elfs these days don't they?

  4. #11824
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    If true, I could see "Thalassian elf" being a thing, with blood, high, and void all as branching options.

    Only way I really see that happening though. I don't see them ever adding a third actual race with the same model.
    No.

    They should absolutely add a third race with the same model and unique hairstyles and faces. Racial traits are important. Alternate models for the same race could work with undead elves as a customization option for undead, or blood elves with blue eyes, but not much else.

    Wildhammer dwarves are another that needs to be implemented, and not just as a customization option, a full allied race.

  5. #11825
    I have a better idea. Vereesa and her generic fantasy elves are turned into ren'dorei. This way, the ren'dorei's numbers are increased by a wide margin and they gain a third major leader in the form of Vereesa.

  6. #11826
    This high elf stuff is annoying. Why is everyone so obsessed with them? You have countless different races to choose from, yet you want something we already have?
    Btw they will never add high elves to the game, since we already have blood elves (technically the same thing), and void elves. Aaand the only reason the latter was introduced to the game is to give alliance blood elves. (same goes for nightborne in the horde.)

  7. #11827
    Quote Originally Posted by Papzer View Post
    This high elf stuff is annoying. Why is everyone so obsessed with them? You have countless different races to choose from, yet you want something we already have?
    Btw they will never add high elves to the game, since we already have blood elves (technically the same thing), and void elves. Aaand the only reason the latter was introduced to the game is to give alliance blood elves. (same goes for nightborne in the horde.)
    It's arguably not the only reason they were introduced, but okay.

  8. #11828
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    46,519
    The "If Blizzard did end the faction divide, that may open High Elves to the Alliance" thread has been merged with the "Official High Elf Discussion Megathread" due to the same topics being covered - it's a fine discussion to have, but doesn't really require an entirely new thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  9. #11829
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT FOR OR AGAINST THE WHOLE HIGH ELF/ BLOOD ELF DEBOCLE THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR AGES THIS IS JUST AN OBSERVATION

    If we are to entertain the idea, that Blizzard does in fact end the faction split in the next expac, and a 3rd faction breaks off, or just both factions are merged somehow, I think this would finally give Blizzard the excuse needed to give the Alliance High Elves. I already know the argument that High Elves and Blood Elves are the same, even Blizzard has said themselves, they are basically the same. But by ending the faction split, they would finally have a valid reason to just let both factions have that race, and label them as High Elves for the Alliance.

    If another faction split did happen, Blood Elves would most likely be one of the major ones to stay with the Alliance seeing as Lor'themar and Jaina came to terms in Nazjatar this patch.
    if the factions dissolve they would not be giving high elves to the alliance because there was no alliance, I suppose they would give us more customization options to the blood elves. you could share guild with a blood elf with blue eyes being a dwarf for example

  10. #11830
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    If factions merged, or even if they didn't but our characters could change sides, a High elf option would still not exist. Alliance Blood elves would.

    High elves are not blue eyed Blood elves, they have a different culture, bonds, relationship with their former land and it's sources of power, some classes would not be available to them, and they have slight physical differences.

    It would be the same as the Void elves. Thalassians, but not High elves.

  11. #11831
    They were HEs before kael renamed the race in honor of the blood spilled defending silvermoon. They are LITERALLY THE SAME AS BEs

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    If factions merged, or even if they didn't but our characters could change sides, a High elf option would still not exist. Alliance Blood elves would.

    High elves are not blue eyed Blood elves, they have a different culture, bonds, relationship with their former land and it's sources of power, some classes would not be available to them, and they have slight physical differences.

    It would be the same as the Void elves. Thalassians, but not High elves.
    IM sorry but you are wrong.

  12. #11832
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    They were HEs before kael renamed the race in honor of the blood spilled defending silvermoon. They are LITERALLY THE SAME AS BEs

    - - - Updated - - -



    IM sorry but you are wrong.
    Why can't you understand that those who are called High elves are not those who are now called Blood elves?

    They are a different group, it's stated in the lore and we can find them in the game. They made an appearance at least once per expansion.

    Don't mix the name of the species with the name of the group who decided to stay on the Alliance and call themselves High elves.

  13. #11833
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Why can't you understand that those who are called High elves are not those who are now called Blood elves?

    They are a different group, it's stated in the lore and we can find them in the game. They made an appearance at least once per expansion.

    Don't mix the name of the species with the name of the group who decided to stay on the Alliance and call themselves High elves.
    They are not a different species they are the same race! It's as if you told me that a Spaniard and Portuguese are two different species!

  14. #11834
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Why can't you understand that those who are called High elves are not those who are now called Blood elves?

    They are a different group, it's stated in the lore and we can find them in the game. They made an appearance at least once per expansion.

    Don't mix the name of the species with the name of the group who decided to stay on the Alliance and call themselves High elves.
    They are the SAME RACE, KAEL'THAS CHANGED THEIR NAME!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Its even on ther 2.4 trailer. Goddamit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And SILVERMOON PREDATES THE HORDE. So its perfectly normal the high elves live there. ALSO SHOWED IN 2.3 TRAILER.

  15. #11835
    WoW (and really all games) need to move away from the pseudoscience of "race" in their descriptive terminology. "Race" doesn't exist, there are only clines. It's really no different from believing in a flat earth, "four humors," phrenology, "the great chain of being," catastrophism, etc.

    Species and culture are the only two things that have any validity. And culture's validity is pretty shaky from a behavioral ecology standpoint.

  16. #11836


    Can you SEE ALL OF THOSE ELVES WITH BLUE EYES?

  17. #11837
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    They are not a different species they are the same race! It's as if you told me that a Spaniard and Portuguese are two different species!
    You are the one bringing up that they are the same race, not me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    They are the SAME RACE, KAEL'THAS CHANGED THEIR NAME!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Its even on ther 2.4 trailer. Goddamit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And SILVERMOON PREDATES THE HORDE. So its perfectly normal the high elves live there. ALSO SHOWED IN 2.3 TRAILER.
    They are not the same group.

    By your logic, Mag'har aren't the same race, as void elves or lightforged, or even humans. You know, Kul'tiran humans.

    High elves are not Blood elves, they are a different group with differences in their relationship with their former land, the Alliance is their home, and just as Void elves, they also want Silvermoon to become Alliance, is one of the props that were carried by Vereesa and now by Alleria and their Void elves.

    They dislike the horde, they don't want to return to Silvermoon while the horde banner is planted in Quel'thalas' soil.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post


    Can you SEE ALL OF THOSE ELVES WITH BLUE EYES?
    Can you please have a bit of decency?

    We all know, even you, that the video portrays a specific point in time where they didn't used fel as a source of magic leaving Silvermoon with fel energies sinking into the bodies of the people in there.

    In fact, it's nothing more than a proof that they were very careful with the way the story was told and show back then, and has been carried to this day.

    If anyone feel any kind of snark from Musta's comment, I'm just gonna tell that it is nothing more than demagogy, not even saying or showing anything that is important to the discussion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil-Free View Post
    WoW (and really all games) need to move away from the pseudoscience of "race" in their descriptive terminology. "Race" doesn't exist, there are only clines. It's really no different from believing in a flat earth, "four humors," phrenology, "the great chain of being," catastrophism, etc.

    Species and culture are the only two things that have any validity. And culture's validity is pretty shaky from a behavioral ecology standpoint.
    Alchemy.

    /10char

    Edit: Ok, I think I didn't made justice with your post.

    In one hand, we have that the world of warcraft has tons of non-scientific things that can't be found in the real world.

    But on the other hand, that is the way that it is, and a fantasy game having things that are not scientifically correct is not a bad thing. In fact, if it's done right, it helps to build interesting concepts that give credibility to such fantasy world.

    Unless you are referring to a political view on the concepts that are portrayed in the game, in which I don't even want to talk about. This is a whole subject by itself, I suggest to open a thread about it in the place this forum allows for it (which I think it exists, I have seen political threads in this website).
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-09-07 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Critical typo. 'Aren't the' instead of 'Are the'

  18. #11838
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil-Free View Post
    WoW (and really all games) need to move away from the pseudoscience of "race" in their descriptive terminology. "Race" doesn't exist, there are only clines. It's really no different from believing in a flat earth, "four humors," phrenology, "the great chain of being," catastrophism, etc.

    Species and culture are the only two things that have any validity. And culture's validity is pretty shaky from a behavioral ecology standpoint.
    Race exists as a social construct - just like laws and justice.

  19. #11839
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    You are the one bringing up that they are the same race, not me.

    - - - Updated - - -


    They are not the same group.

    By your logic, Mag'har are the same race, as void elves or lightforged, or even humans. You know, Kul'tiran humans.

    High elves are not Blood elves, they are a different group with differences in their relationship with their former land, the Alliance is their home, and just as Void elves, they also want Silvermoon to become Alliance, is one of the props that were carried by Vereesa and now by Alleria and their Void elves.

    They dislike the horde, they don't want to return to Silvermoon while the horde banner is planted in Quel'thalas' soil.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Can you please have a bit of decency?

    We all know, even you, that the video portrays a specific point in time where they didn't used fel as a source of magic leaving Silvermoon with fel energies sinking into the bodies of the people in there.

    In fact, it's nothing more than a proof that they were very careful with the way the story was told and show back then, and has been carried to this day.

    If anyone feel any kind of snark from Musta's comment, I'm just gonna tell that it is nothing more than demagogy, not even saying or showing anything that is important to the discussion.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Alchemy.

    /10char

    Edit: Ok, I think I didn't made justice with your post.

    In one hand, we have that the world of warcraft has tons of non-scientific things that can't be found in the real world.

    But on the other hand, that is the way that it is, and a fantasy game having things that are not scientifically correct is not a bad thing. In fact, if it's done right, it helps to build interesting concepts that give credibility to such fantasy world.

    Unless you are referring to a political view on the concepts that are portrayed in the game, in which I don't even want to talk about. This is a whole subject by itself, I suggest to open a thread about it in the place this forum allows for it (which I think it exists, I have seen political threads in this website).
    Tell me then, what were the blood elves called before kael'thas?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Please, tell me the story of the high elves. I wanna read it. Because you claim a knowledge that no book has. So, enlight me with the story. Because ive read EVERYTHING and theres nothing there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And yes, Kul tiran humans are humans. Lightforged are draenei and maghar are just orcs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    AH, and I want everything since Dath'Remar Sunstrider. Lets go.

  20. #11840
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Tell me then, what were the blood elves called before kael'thas?
    They were the High elves. That is a part of their past, not the present.

    You are blinding yourself too much about this, you perfectly know what High elves we are talking about, and these ain't the Blood elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Please, tell me the story of the high elves. I wanna read it. Because you claim a knowledge that no book has. So, enlight me with the story. Because ive read EVERYTHING and theres nothing there.
    I'm not here to give history lessons. Your claim about not being able to find 'anything' lacks meaning and importance. High elves nowadays (since before world of warcraft really, but nowadays) are not the Blood elves, they may be High elves, but they don't call themselves like that anymore and the group that stays in the Alliance still does. They are the High elves that are being talked about, bringing Blood elves in this manner does nothing but mud the conversation into a what is what that is not needed since the concepts are far from obscure. It's a clear matter that don't need such simple responses.

    Quel'thalas fell after the Scourge's attack, some people didn't wanted to do with their old land due to decisions their former people made and joining the horde didn't help either. They still call themselves High elves and they are Alliance, not Horde, and they are not Blood elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    And yes, Kul tiran humans are humans. Lightforged are draenei and maghar are just orcs.
    Then why do you make such a drama about High elves being the same race as Blood elves?

    They are a different group that is not playable even playing the most similar thing out there, that is the whole point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •