5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    People wanting high elves so bad and not accepting the blood elves and void elves as an option in game for me has only this reasons:

1. You don't like horde and want to have blood elves on the alliance but you can't so you go back to High Elves cause are the pretty that alliance could have
    2. You want paladins to be blue eyed elven on alliance and look amazing but you can't once again
    3. You always imagine tolkien fantasy into wow and get disappointed you get a void elf edgy race instead of the existent one

All fine but you have to accept that it is what it is.

I'm at horde and i also love nelf druid forms, but i need to do a cow or a troll instead of a cute elf and cute druid form to be a cute kitty with tattos of the elune.
    But guess what, they are alliance. And the nightborne can't even be druids.

Just accept the damn blood elves over high elves already.
    I play Horde, and I cannot play Alliance, even if High elves were available, I simply don't like the faction.

However, I have been playing Blood elves since I started playing a decade ago and even I can understand and see why High elves make sense.

It's so simple, the WoW team has placed High elves in the Alliance, and thus, they are also part of the overall Alliance fantasy, and from my perspective as a Blood elf player, I cannot but see cool things on it.

They are also Quel'thalas fantasy, just not the one that Blood elves (on the Horde) provide, the matter of them being on Alliance is not detrimental to the Blood elves, but an addition to the overall theme of what they are and what happened with them. Not everyone stayed in Silvermoon and there are some who go against the current status of the realm and fight against it from the Alliance, it's a completionist goal for the lore of the game.

Seriously, one can ridicule it all he wants, but at the end of the day it's simple as that, High elves exist in the Alliance, so people ask to play as them.

Not LoTR, not ESO, not whatever, it is Warcraft what is being pointed out when asking for the option, because it is something that already exist in Warcraft, and if someone has a problem with it, it's the developers who should be called out on it, not other players who ask for the High elves from the Alliance to become playable.

People wanting high elves so bad and not accepting the blood elves and void elves as an option in game for me has only this reasons:

1. You don't like horde and want to have blood elves on the alliance but you can't so you go back to High Elves cause are the pretty that alliance could have
    2. You want paladins to be blue eyed elven on alliance and look amazing but you can't once again
    3. You always imagine tolkien fantasy into wow and get disappointed you get a void elf edgy race instead of the existent one

All fine but you have to accept that it is what it is.

I'm at horde and i also love nelf druid forms, but i need to do a cow or a troll instead of a cute elf and cute druid form to be a cute kitty with tattos of the elune.
    But guess what, they are alliance. And the nightborne can't even be druids.

Just accept the damn blood elves over high elves already.
    not that i really specifically care if high elves are added(i view them very negatively, see elisande's roast of them for my same thoughts), but a lot of people want high elves because they want the silver covenant. they specifically want the ideology of the high elf, on the alliance faction.

i think they're right to ask for it. blizzard have proven with void elves that population isn't an argument anymore, there should be multiple times more high elves in the alliance than void elves in all of existence.

imo, i don't think blue eyes should exist in any normal thalassian elf. every single non-void/felblood/undead thalassian are connected intrinsically to the sun well. so much that its power feeds into them even on other worlds(they still felt its power on alternate draenor). whether they make pilgrimage to the well or not, they're still connected to it and still receiving its energy. that should mean that every thalassian that's not dabbling in fel, or have cut their selves off from the well by becoming something else, would now have golden eyes.

i don't think this should stop them from making the silver covenant playable. the more options in the game, the better. but blue eyes just doesn't make sense anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Just like the Wildhammer dwarf will still be considered a Bronzebeard dwarf (no heritage armor, unique racial abilities, or exclusive hub). Now that Blood elves are receiving additional customization options and potentially Void elves too, there will not be playable High elves.
    High Elves are too distinct of a concept to simply be a customization option for Void Elves. They'd still have their Void racials and they'd be referred to as Void Elves in game. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    But I thought they were the same as Blood Elves anyway? Then we're not adding more Elves, we're just making them neutral
    Not just that. We have factions too for a reason and we don't want our identity stolen to alliance, with just lore-wise different colored eyes stolen. Void elves are recognizable from far because of their skin color and hair etc. No one would care if trolls had blue eyes and were alliance as NPC's, but because High elves are cute, they do this big megathread to try convince blizzard to add them. Truth is this simple, people just want high elves cause they love the cute appareance of them and that they can even be cute elf paladins. Can't have night elf paladins and void elves can't be paladins either. They can be priests because of the shadow, paladins are all just about the light. Priests are shadow and light. And so on.

They got void elves, it's a victory already. This thread should just finish. It's embarrassing seeing people always caring so much about their visuals in game and races, and not giving a damn about the rest this game has to offer or could potentially offer besides a simple version of an existent race that is a blood elf.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    imo, i don't think blue eyes should exist in any normal thalassian elf. every single non-void/felblood/undead thalassian are connected intrinsically to the sun well. so much that its power feeds into them even on other worlds(they still felt its power on alternate draenor). whether they make pilgrimage to the well or not, they're still connected to it and still receiving its energy. that should mean that every thalassian that's not dabbling in fel, or have cut their selves off from the well by becoming something else, would now have golden eyes.

i don't think this should stop them from making the silver covenant playable. the more options in the game, the better. but blue eyes just doesn't make sense anymore.
    Well, the golden eyes aren't some sort of passive thing that Blood elves get. These are provided from actively worshiping the light through the Sunwell. So this sense of golden eyes being the last stage they should have is kind of a misunderstanding, and it's the developers to blame for this, since there wasn't too much explanation for it, but at least Moorgard provided some explanation on twitter (even tho it should have been more official...):

https://twitter.com/Moorgard/status/...462386176?s=20

And, given this, High elves should not get golden eyes, since the way they worship the light is the same they had before the scourge invasion of Quel'thalas: Through the Church of the Light, as humans and dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    So why hasn’t Blizzard done it?
    Why hasn't Blizzard added Ogres, Vrykul, Naga or any other race yet? Because they haven't done it yet. Before Legion you could've said "if Blizzard would add Demon Hunters, why haven't they done so already?" Because they simply hadn't yet. The same goes for any of the 10 races we have gotten recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    They’re not adding them anytime soon.
    So when are they gonna do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Well, the golden eyes aren't some sort of passive thing that Blood elves get. These are provided from actively worshiping the light through the Sunwell. So this sense of golden eyes being the last stage they should have is kind of a misunderstanding, and it's the developers to blame for this, since there wasn't too much explanation for it, but at least Moorgard provided some explanation on twitter (even tho it should have been more official...):

https://twitter.com/Moorgard/status/...462386176?s=20

And, given this, High elves should not get golden eyes, since the way they worship the light is the same they had before the scourge invasion of Quel'thalas: Through the Church of the Light, as humans and dwarves.
    ah, ok, that should really be shown in game somewhere.

i thought for sure it was just latent energy exposure.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not just that. We have factions too for a reason and we don't want our identity stolen to alliance, with just lore-wise different colored eyes stolen.
    There is nothing to steal from the Horde, it is -already- part of the Alliance. High elves are the other side of the coin, the piece that lacks from the Quel'thalas puzzle, the thing that is missing.

If you think that simply allowing players to play as this currently unavailable part of their faction will spoil and destroy and steal from the Blood elves... Just try to look on that, Blood elves aren't that fragile.

Void elves are recognizable from far because of their skin color and hair etc. No one would care if trolls had blue eyes and were alliance as NPC's, but because High elves are cute, they do this big megathread to try convince blizzard to add them. Truth is this simple, people just want high elves cause they love the cute appareance of them and that they can even be cute elf paladins. Can't have night elf paladins and void elves can't be paladins either. They can be priests because of the shadow, paladins are all just about the light. Priests are shadow and light. And so on.
    Irrelevant.

They got void elves, it's a victory already. This thread should just finish. It's embarrassing seeing people always caring so much about their visuals in game and races, and not giving a damn about the rest this game has to offer or could potentially offer besides a simple version of an existent race that is a blood elf.
    No, no, and... No.

- - - Updated - - -

ah, ok, that should really be shown in game somewhere.

i thought for sure it was just latent energy exposure.
    Yeah well, in fact, before Moorgard talked about it, we were (and still) only seeing priests and paladins with those, so there was a hint for it, just not proper explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    There is nothing to steal from the Horde, it is -already- part of the Alliance. High elves are the other side of the coin, the piece that lacks from the Quel'thalas puzzle, the thing that is missing.

If you think that simply allowing players to play as this currently unavailable part of their faction will spoil and destroy and steal from the Blood elves... Just try to look on that, Blood elves aren't that fragile.

Irrelevant.

No, no, and... No.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah well, in fact, before Moorgard talked about it, we were (and still) only seeing priests and paladins with those, so there was a hint for it, just not proper explanation.
    I get tired of your "it's PART OF THE ALLIANCE" argument. WoW has grown with blood elves in horde since TBC, what is in there that you don't fking understand? You're just wanting to have high elves that bad in game that you just simply pass here all day, saying the same thing over and over and refusing any context that is what it is IN THE GAME, if you don't like it, stop crying over it, simple.

Let me fking be with my blood elf in peace. High elves means nothing in the game, it's just another elf race, godsakes. Get over with it.

Pick up your void elves and get fking happy already. Jesus christ man, so much crying over blue eyed elves.

- - - Updated - - -

not that i really specifically care if high elves are added(i view them very negatively, see elisande's roast of them for my same thoughts), but a lot of people want high elves because they want the silver covenant. they specifically want the ideology of the high elf, on the alliance faction.

i think they're right to ask for it. blizzard have proven with void elves that population isn't an argument anymore, there should be multiple times more high elves in the alliance than void elves in all of existence.

People already asked too much, it's getting old, and boring. And trying to always find a fissure to say "hey blizzard, here's something i found, now population ain't a problem, give us high elves", dude they are already in the game but with green eyes. And high elf blue eyes supporters just care about this because of aesthetics and faction, either silver covenant, or just void elves that can have customization blood elf with blue eyes, doesn't matter for them as long as they get them.

- - - Updated - - -

And now i'm going to sleep cause i need to wake up in 2 hours. I will see the insults tomorrow.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-11 at 04:11 AM.

Ok, what's difference between high and blood elves? Don't they look the same except for eye color?

5+ Year Old Account
    I get tired of your "it's PART OF THE ALLIANCE" argument.
    Sorry, but there's not much else to point out, and it gets even more relevance when the contrary opinion is that it is 'Lord of the Rings shit' or that it is 'only Horde fantasy'.

WoW has grown with blood elves in horde since TBC, what is in there that you don't fking understand?
    Oh yes, of course I understand it, I am a Blood elf fan and I have not played anything else since I started playing. However, even I can see that High elves make sense

You're just wanting to have high elves that bad in game that you just simply pass here all day, saying the same thing over and over and refusing any context that is what it is IN THE GAME, if you don't like it, stop crying over it, simple.
    Excuse me, but you imply I am ignoring something... That is not the case, High elves exist in the Alliance, Blood elves exist in the Horde, getting players to be able to play as them is just a logical continuation of what the lore of the game provides.

Let me fking be with my blood elf in peace. High elves means nothing in the game, it's just another elf race, godsakes. Get over with it.
    And be with your Blood elves, I will still be with mine, they are a good playable option with lots of lore for them and they are very cool. However, if you truly feel that High elves are detrimental to them... I would say that you are not very aware of what you say, or even honest.

And yeah, they are 'another elf race', and? That is unimportant and very inconsequential.

Pick up your void elves and get fking happy already. Jesus christ man, so much crying over blue eyed elves.
    I will never pick a Void elf, I think they actually were detrimental to the Blood elves, given that the excuse for them existing goes against Blood elf principles, however, High elves don't need any excuse, they are already there, in the Alliance.

So yeah, I am very happy with my Blood elf, and I am only asking for it's counterpart to be also available so Alliance players can also participate on the overall fantasy that surrounds Quel'thalas. You seem to be the only one 'crying' here about it.

I thought you were reasonable to talk with, what the hell happened?

The fixation with blue eyes, fair skin, and blonde hair in this thread is a little worrying

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The question I have is whether or not the second generation of void elves will even have the side effects of the transformation. Who knows? They may fully master the void.
    Doubt that. Not even Alleria has fully mastered the void yet and she is far more capable and trained than Umbric and his people.

High Elves are too distinct of a concept to simply be a customization option for Void Elves. They'd still have their Void racials and they'd be referred to as Void Elves in game. Makes no sense.
    You based this on what?

- Different background? Wildhammer dwarves had that too.
    - Unique leader? Wildhammer dwarves had that too.
    - Different appearance? Wildhammer dwarves had that too, and more (High elves only have different eye colors compared to Blood elves, whereas the Wildhammer dwarves had more rugged and primitive hairstyles as well as full body tattoos).
    - Unique racial abilities? Wildhammer dwarves could have had those too, probably involving gryphon riding and thunder abilities.
    - Unique racial hub? Well really High elves don't have one left, but the Wildhammer dwarves did have an entire city in the Hinterlands.

So tell me, what makes the High elves "so much more special" than Wildhammer dwarves?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-11-11 at 06:27 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I wanted salmon and got catfish. How is that a victory?

Nobody wanted Void Elves. I'd ditch mines in a second, paying sweet money, if High Elves became finally playable in this game, instead of the corrupt and traitorous scum that are Blood Elves. Because, again, BLOOD ELVES ARE NOT HIGH ELVES! I don't care what a hack like Ion says, that moron is Horde through and through anyway. As long as the Silver Covenant, the Allerian Stronghold and Quel'danil exist, I'll call for High Elves to become playable. Becausethe heroic and noble thalassians deserve to be playable, alongside their corrupt brethren.

5+ Year Old Account
    You based this on what?

- Different appearance? Wildhammer dwarves had that too, and more (High elves only have different eye colors compared to Blood elves, whereas the Wildhammer dwarves had more rugged and primitive hairstyles as well as full body tattoos).
    - Unique racial abilities? Wildhammer dwarves could have had those too, probably involving gryphon riding and thunder abilities.
    - Unique racial hub? Well really High elves don't have one left, but the Wildhammer dwarves did have an entire city in the Hinterlands.

So tell me, what makes the High elves "so much more special" than Wildhammer dwarves?
    I also dislike that they will introduce Wildhammers through cosmetics for Bronzebeards. But I don't think pushing to do the same with High elves and give another half-assed thing because they already did that with Wildhammer so 'fuck that' is beneficial for any WoW player, that is just giving the devs a thumbs up to do this shit.

Doubt that. Not even Alleria has fully mastered the void yet and she is far more capable and trained than Umbric and his people.

You based this on what?

I don't see any 600-page long Wildhammer thread here.

- - - Updated - - -

Not just that. We have factions too for a reason and we don't want our identity stolen to alliance, with just lore-wise different colored eyes stolen.
    High Elves have been a part of the Alliance since the beginning of WoW.

And we've already gotten Void Elves and you've gotten Nightborne, including all of Suramar as a city. We already switched Elves. The Horde wouldn't lose anything by giving the Alliance real High Elves. Blood Elves are a distinct thing from High Elves, so you still get to keep yours.

I don't see any 600-page long Wildhammer thread here.

- - - Updated - - -

High Elves have been a part of the Alliance since the beginning of WoW.

And we've already gotten Void Elves and you've gotten Nightborne, including all of Suramar as a city. We already switched Elves. The Horde wouldn't lose anything by giving the Alliance real High Elves. Blood Elves are a distinct thing from High Elves, so you still get to keep yours.
    So your only argument is "Wildhammer fans are not as obnoxious as High elf fans". Well, that is certainly a major difference between these two races, I agree.

Unfortunately for you, High elves are not becoming playable in the Alliance side now that we have Void elves. Well, this was always obvious, but it's hammered even more after seeing what happened with the Wildhammer.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-11-11 at 01:31 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    I get tired of your "it's PART OF THE ALLIANCE" argument. WoW has grown with blood elves in horde since TBC, what is in there that you don't fking understand? You're just wanting to have high elves that bad in game that you just simply pass here all day, saying the same thing over and over and refusing any context that is what it is IN THE GAME, if you don't like it, stop crying over it, simple.
    I'm sure there's peeps that also get tired of "Blood Elves are High Elves" because while statement is true it completely misses the point. We're not discussing whether a 'race option' becomes available, we already have Thalassians through Void Elves. It's akin to the Wildhammer request.

Also, yes, High Elves are part of the Alliance. Even as recent as the BfA expansion where Ion tried to downplay em. The Silver Covenant High Elves help in the 7th Legion for Stromgarde Warfront (7th Legion being an Alliance faction hello), and a High Elf is part of the Island Expedition - said to be made up by "iconic members of your faction" (paraphrasing) by Jeremy Feasel developer himself.

High Elves have consistently shown up more times as part of the Alliance than Horde Ogres yet no one says Ogre request doesn't have X Y and Z representation in Horde and shouldn't be added.

I think what it truly is is Blood Elf players getting upset they'll lose some customization options to Alliance players. Well that same thing happened with Nightborne already, but it seems to be ok when it works in the favor of your own faction right? Nightborne brought all the Highborne customization with them when that's something that was part of Alliance alone (hence getting Night Elven mages who were treated as Highborne).

Not many of the detractors here gave a shit about that though, I'm guessing because most of them play Horde.
    You entering a thread of your own volition is your own fault. This portion makes it sound like people are approaching you IRL about High Elves or something. If you're getting this badly upset over people requesting things in a video game 1) Don't enter the thread 2) Say your piece and leave it at that.
    There's some things in the game you're not happy about it, imagine people telling you "get fking happy already. Jesus Christ man, so much crying" you're probably not gonna think much of that post at all, like me right now.

People getting upset over others asking for something in a video game, and discussing it in a thread that can be ignored. First world problems indeed.

A Wildhammer dwarf is basically the opposite of a Bronzebeard dwarf. While the playable dwarf tends to be the kind that avoid the skies and stays 'on the ground', referenced by the Dwarf NPC dismissal line "keep your feet on the ground!"... Wildhammer dwarves instead are all about flying! Most have "companion gryphons", and one of Falstad's lines when you speak to him in Ironforge is "the Council of Three Hammers requires me presence, but I'd rather be riding me gryphon."

That alone indicates that the WH dwarves, if made into an allied race, would have much different racials than the BB dwarves. They're likely to have nature resistance instead of frost. They wouldn't have the "explorer" racial, either. They'd likely have a racial that would grant them a bonus when in open areas, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me fking be with my blood elf in peace.
    And the addition of high elves as a playable race for the Alliance would affect in nothing your blood elf character.

High elves means nothing in the game,
    Thank you for your subjective opinion, even if such a statement is just false.

it's just another elf race, godsakes. Get over with it.
    If it was "just another elf race" you wouldn't be this up in arms against the idea.

Pick up your void elves and get fking happy already.
    Void elves were not what the pro-high elf community have been asked for. If you're the kind of person that is happy to be given breadcrumbs when you asked for a sandwich, all the power to you, but we're not like that.

Jesus christ man, so much crying over blue eyed elves.
    "Blue eyed elves" shows how little you care about understanding the pro-high elf position. So why should they care about your position?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    A Wildhammer dwarf is basically the opposite of a Bronzebeard dwarf. While the playable dwarf tends to be the kind that avoid the skies and stays 'on the ground', referenced by the Dwarf NPC dismissal line "keep your feet on the ground!"... Wildhammer dwarves instead are all about flying! Most have "companion gryphons", and one of Falstad's lines when you speak to him in Ironforge is "the Council of Three Hammers requires me presence, but I'd rather be riding me gryphon."

That alone indicates that the WH dwarves, if made into an allied race, would have much different racials than the BB dwarves. They're likely to have nature resistance instead of frost. They wouldn't have the "explorer" racial, either. They'd likely have a racial that would grant them a bonus when in open areas, too.
    I'm totally for Wildhammer Dwarves as its own Allied Race instead of just a customization option. I think they started it with Dark Iron Dwarves and should now go all the way, but instead they picked the lazy option.

- - - Updated - - -

So your only argument is "Wildhammer fans are not as obnoxious as High elf fans". Well, that is certainly a major difference between these two races, I agree.

Unfortunately for you, High elves are not becoming playable in the Alliance side now that we have Void elves. Well, this was always obvious, but it's hammered even more after seeing what happened with the Wildhammer.
    The thing is that High Elf customization options make no sense. Giving them to the Alliance for Void Elves makes no sense, because they would still be Void Elves, with Void Elf racials and a Void Elf style.

It's not what High Elf fans want.

Giving them to the Horde also makes no sense. Because High Elf fans want playable High Elves on the Alliance, and not just the choice to change your eye color on a Horde Blood Elf.

There is only one logical choice, and that is the creation of a High Elf Allied Race for Alliance, with High Elf style customization options like blue eyes and blue body tattoos like Alleria, its own blue-colored heritage armor set that captures the High Elf spirit and a unicorn mount. Like in this fan art

That is what High Elf fans want and people like you either do not understand or simply like to antagonize us.

Giving some customization options to Void Elves or Blood Elves would fulfill some of those fantasies, but could never fulfill all of them.

It is very clear to most people that there are distinct differences between Void Elves, High Elves and Blood Elves. If you do not see this, these pictures illustrate this perfectly.

I don't even need to tell you which one is which. The pictures are enough. Everybody can tell just by looking at them.

Last edited by How dare you; 2019-11-11 at 02:45 PM.