1. #13161
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Well I am intrigued and fascinated by the Etherials since TBC. I would love to play at least one characters. They would have been a perfect neutral race to add to both factions, with some modifications to their models so they can use armour / weapons available for player characters. But this will probably never happen, and I can live with that race being just NPC.

    And I don't care how many High Elf NPCs are out there. They are just tools, plot devices. And they seem not to be important to Blizzard, because Blood Elves and Void Elves seem to contribute more to the story of WoW, thus they have the status of being a playable race.

    Honestly, I don't get this race demand mentality. It's Blizzard's game, their world and their story. For everything else, there is pen & paper RPG and fanfiction. Just wait and see.
    That's your opinion or whatever, but people have been asking for ethereals as a playable race since TBC, so you're probably in the minority amongst fellow ethereal enthusiasts as well (we don't have the numbers of people asking for ethereals as a playable race, thus the "probably"). So my point still stands.

    You may not care for high elves NPC's, but obviously I do. And I'd wager some other people do too. Again, that's your prerogative, and it's fine. But it's not really stronger or more definitive than mine. I've been playing since vanilla and have wanted high elves on Alliance since vanilla, blood elves on Horde are not what I asked for, as are void elves. And concerning the mentality -- Blizzard have obviously the final say since it's their game, but your mentality is basically "people who play this game shouldn't ask for anything because they're not making it", which is... strange, to say the least. The game is first and foremost made for us to play, and there at least must be a middle ground between what a developer wants and what the players want. We have the right to ask for something that would make the game better in our opinion, Blizzard has the right to deny it, and we in turn have the right to be angry about that, as any unsatisfied customer would have.
    Last edited by romskee1; 2019-11-13 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Didn't quote to whom I was replying

  2. #13162
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    You know High elves wouldn't have paladins either because the only Thalassian paladins ever mentioned in the lore are the Blood Knights, right?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Church_of_the_Holy_Light

    Just please stop, you are making it hard for everyone, including yourself.

  3. #13163
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Church_of_the_Holy_Light

    Just please stop, you are making it hard for everyone, including yourself.
    I'm not trying to start anything here, but I looked through that article and the only mention of high elves in the Church of the Holy Light is from the Alliance Player's Guide, for the WoW RPG. Do you have a canon source for that?

  4. #13164
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    A "quick google" told me that there are only two known High Elf paladins in the game, one of which is a trainer in Dalaran, and the other is a NPC in the Argent Tournament grounds.
    So not only did you just debunk your own previous statement in that that High Elf paladins don't exist at all, but that you also didn't understand what you just googled. It said that that NPCs you are referring two are two such NPCs, indicating that they are just examples.

  5. #13165
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldrien View Post
    So not only did you just debunk your own previous statement in that that High Elf paladins don't exist at all, but that you also didn't understand what you just googled. It said that that NPCs you are referring two are two such NPCs, indicating that they are just examples.
    I didn't debunk anything (well, except your "argument"). If two people were enough to have a playable class then we would have Night Elf Paladins or Tauren Warlocks already. Also, you told me I could find with a quick google that there are loads of paladins in the Silver Covenant, which is not the case at all.

    Also, the usual tact and eloquence of Helfers, ladies and gentlemen...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-11-13 at 02:32 PM.

  6. #13166
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    22,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is nothing wrong in the fact that they are the same race, therefore, already playable
    Playable race =/= actual race.

    A little fact you keep ignoring.

    don't realize or acknowledge that both groups you cited here are the same race is being ignorant or dishonest.
    Read above.

    nope, it is both,
    Then you openly admit to dishonesty. Ok.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  7. #13167
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    A void elf is a corrupted blood elf saved by Alleria. If there was a high elf skin option, we would just play a high elf using the void.

    Also, a daily reminder blood elves are corrupted high elves, and no longer consider themselves as high elves.
    Don't want to burst your bubble, but the "corruption" thing is not a thing anymore since the end of TBC, when the Sunwell was restored. If you want to see some corrupted High Elves, then look up "fel elves" or something. These are as corrupted as Eredar compared to the Draenei. Green eyes are nothing.

  8. #13168
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Don't want to burst your bubble, but the "corruption" thing is not a thing anymore since the end of TBC, when the Sunwell was restored. If you want to see some corrupted High Elves, then look up "fel elves" or something. These are as corrupted as Eredar compared to the Draenei. Green eyes are nothing.
    Well really even with the green eyes they were still biologically High elves, as Blizzard stated. Now that the Sunwell is restored, the Fel taint will fade in time and their eyes will return to their original blue colour (I suppose a similar process happened with the Void elves in which the Void simply removed the Fel in their eyes -- Except in Alleria's case, of course).

  9. #13169
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    I didn't debunk anything. If two people were enough to have a playable class then we would have Night Elf Paladins or Tauren Warlocks already. Also, you told me I could find with a quick google that there are loads of paladins in the Silver Covenant, which is not the case at all.

    Also, the usual tact and eloquence of Helfers, ladies and gentlemen...
    You said that they don't exist, when they clearly do. Especially if one of those NPCs is a paladin trainer then clearly there are more. Good Lord. High Elf Paladins were crucial in the Third War, why in the world would they stop being Paladins when they defect? They didn't only start becoming Paladins when they became Blood Elves.

  10. #13170
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldrien View Post
    You said that they don't exist, when they clearly do. Especially if one of those NPCs is a paladin trainer then clearly there are more. Good Lord. High Elf Paladins were crucial in the Third War, why in the world would they stop being Paladins when they defect? They didn't only start becoming Paladins when they became Blood Elves.
    There's also a Warlock trainer in Dalaran yet the very same Helfers who made that race concept believe there shouldn't be High Elf Warlocks. Looks like Helfers can't even agree with each other LOL.

    Yes, High Elf PRIESTS were crucial in the Third War, because the QUEL'DOREI, the vast majority of which would then rename themselves SIN'DOREI, supported the Alliance during the Scourge invasion of Lordaeron.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-11-13 at 02:43 PM.

  11. #13171
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    There's also a Warlock trainer in Dalaran yet the very same Helfers who made that character concept believe there shouldn't be High Elf Warlocks. Looks like Helfers can't even agree with each other LOL.

    Yes, High Elf PRIESTS were crucial in the Third War, because the QUEL'DOREI, the vast majority of which would then rename themselves SIN'DOREI, supported the Alliance during the Scourge invasion of Lordaeron.
    Not only were the High Elf priests crucial in the Third War, but also their paladins. After the Third War they didn't suddenly go "you know what mates let's be paladins".

    Not all people that support the High Elf idea share the exact same views. Lobbing petty remarks also doesn't really help your argument. Again, all this can be found with a google.

  12. #13172
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldrien View Post
    So not only did you just debunk your own previous statement in that that High Elf paladins don't exist at all, but that you also didn't understand what you just googled. It said that that NPCs you are referring two are two such NPCs, indicating that they are just examples.
    Dalaran did come back into existence after the events of TBC. The changes to the sunwell would enable the high elves to have a paladin class if they so desired to be one. Of course, they would also have warlocks. Of course, none of this will occur since blood elves give everything a high elf would.

  13. #13173
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldrien View Post
    Not only were the High Elf priests crucial in the Third War, but also their paladins. After the Third War they didn't suddenly go "you know what mates let's be paladins".

    Not all people that support the High Elf idea share the exact same views. Lobbing petty remarks also doesn't really help your argument. Again, all this can be found with a google.
    Never heard of any High Elf paladin in the Third War, never saw one in Warcraft III, never read about one on Wowpedia. You'll have to be more specific.

  14. #13174
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    You keep blaming the writing when maybe it's just you. That sacrifice was very important, since without the suicide squad the Alliance would have most likely lost the Battle of Dazar'alor, which was the turning point of the war. And there were a lot of people who empathized with those NPCs, especially with the Lightforged blademaster.

    Also, can you speak for yourself please? You don't get to decide who I feel sorry for and who I don't care about. You didn't give a shit about the Void elves, cool, it doesn't mean everyone is like you.
    I'm just comparing reactions. There is the evidence
    It was stupid a decision and you just have to compare. Varian vs VE NPCs. well done vs stupid decision

  15. #13175
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    I'm just comparing reactions. There is the evidence
    It was stupid a decision and you just have to compare. Varian vs VE NPCs. well done vs stupid decision
    Do tell me about that solid evidence you've got going there.

  16. #13176
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post

    [SNIP]

    People making the High Elf request are wanting the same thing -> to play out that fantasy of being an Alliance High Elf.

    Redirecting the focus to "oh but this race is available" doesn't mean shit really, because then Dark Irons and Lightforged and Void Elves and Mag'har and Highmountain wouldn't be options.

    [SNIP]
    I see what you're saying, and am glad their design ideas aren't static...that would be pretty dumb in a living game like this.

    The statement of the race existing already is really only to reiterate that High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race, and that honestly, the "High Elf" culture is now the Blood Elf culture as they are the racial group that stayed in their homeland, are growing as a people and progressing their culture. High Elves aren't really doing that since they don't really have a centralized home city/ country anymore since they left Silvermoon, and lorewise, don't have a big enough population to ever thrive again (game play wise that argument is out the window with Void Elves starting with a small group yet there are thousands of them now...). They're integrating with the cultures of the people's they live with, not growing and propagating their own.

    I completely understand the fantasy of wanting to play an Alliance aligned High Elf and wasn't trying to belittle or downplay that fantasy, the only point is literally to point out that if the race is what you care about, and not necessarily the faction, the race already exists since Blood Elves ARE High Elves in all but political affiliations.

    So Blood Elf players can stop asking for Blue Eyes option then yeah? It's in now, just make a Belf DK? Let's see if they do.
    I'm not sure if the new picture of the blue eyed Blood Elf on the front page is a Death Knight or not, it doesn't look like it, though. If it's not, that pretty much confirms that Blood Elves are getting a blue eye option.

  17. #13177
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Do tell me about that solid evidence you've got going there.
    The reaction of the public. When you cry the loss of an imaginary character is because it was well developed (Varian died, everyone cry).
    I didn't see anyone cry for VE NPCs. No YouTube videos about that. 0 controversy.
    We all hope to see Varian in Shadowlands vs Nobody expects to see stupid VE NPCs in Shadowlands

  18. #13178
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    The reaction of the public. When you cry the loss of an imaginary character is because it was well developed (Varian died, everyone cry).
    I didn't see anyone cry for VE NPCs. No YouTube videos about that. 0 controversy.
    We all hope to see Varian in Shadowlands vs Nobody expects to see stupid VE NPCs in Shadowlands
    You really compare the King of Stormwind to some random VE NPC? Should be comparing him to Kael'thas, the lost prince of the High / Blood Elves. Who is still one of the most prominent Elven characters. Who is a Blood Elf btw.

  19. #13179
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    The reaction of the public. When you cry the loss of an imaginary character is because it was well developed (Varian died, everyone cry).
    I didn't see anyone cry for VE NPCs. No YouTube videos about that. 0 controversy.
    We all hope to see Varian in Shadowlands vs Nobody expects to see stupid VE NPCs in Shadowlands
    I personally thought his "sacrifice" was absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary and almost laughed out loud at how forced it was....1 human dude vs the fucking Legion and he thinks he's going to do anything meaningful when you have a giant airship, mages and mechanical creations all available to help out?

    And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but still, me alone means that not everyone cried at his death and I DO expect to see Void Elves in Shadowlands since they've given just as much to the cause as any other Alliance troops, and I expect to see Alliance troops in Shadowlands.

    There goes your argument.

  20. #13180
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Never heard of any High Elf paladin in the Third War, never saw one in Warcraft III, never read about one on Wowpedia. You'll have to be more specific.
    "Blood elves were once high elves allied with the humans like the dwarves. Like the two others, high elves also believed in the Holy Light. A few were members of the Silver Hand, such as Mehlar Dawnblade, while others belonged to the high elven Royal Guard. The high elves began to distance themselves from Light worship after the Third War, during which Quel'Thalas came under the brutal attack of the undead Scourge. The survivors, now calling themselves blood elves, came to view the Light (which many believed had abandoned their homeland in its hour of greatest need) with contempt. "

    There have always been High Elf paladins because they worshiped the Light and were taught by The Church of the Holy Light and The Silver Hand. It didn't change after the Third War.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •