1. #13241
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It does equal that, you don't have other human kingdom or other orc clan "race playable", but you still does have this race playable, and until that happen, your point is not a fact, but moot.

    what is an indisputably fact is that the high elf race is already playable, on horde, the group of the alliance is not, but they are not another race. like i said, if even Sand and dark trolls and Wildhammer dwaves will come but as customization and not as "playable race" its delusion to think HE will come as "playable race"
    What about kul'tiran humans and mag'har orcs?

    High elves are not playable, blood elves are.
    Last edited by Ignaz; 2019-11-14 at 06:34 PM.

  2. #13242
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I’m surprised it’s mystifying to you.

    Let me explain it again: whatever Blood Elves doesn’t have anything to do with people who want the option of playing an Alliance High Elf.

    Whether the reasoning was lore or looks doesn’t even matter, there’s not some crazy lore explanation that is required for a race to become a playable option, Void Elves prove that. Vulpera prove that, Mechagnomes prove that.

    If you can’t understand what I’m saying with those examples let me put it plainly: people just want them. That’s it. Nothing more is needed.

    Just like how there are people who post that they want Blue Eyes on Blood Elves just to spite/trigger High Elf fans there are also people that want that customization for looks reasons and there are also those that want it because they don’t care about being a blood elf but have wanted to be a high elf too, and some just want the look.

    It doesn’t matter that a group has varying opinions on why collectively they want something. People who try to point that out as some kind of detriment to the request are being incredibly obtuse.

    With a game as big as WoW you’re almost never going to have 100% or even 60% agreement on a majority of the additions or changes to the game.

    That’s not an issue that’s so noteworthy it gets stuff from being implemented. Ion said it himself, in the context of Pathfinder, if there’s a little bit of annoyance on a decision but majority are okay with it then they’re okay with that.

    Except the High Elf request has exploded and even those that play their Void Elves want High Elf customization added. Void Elves, the most popular Allied Race as some like to tout them. And we see the most popular things in WoW get the most love.

    So we’ll have to see where they go once it’s time for Void Elves to receive customization updates.
    No, it doesn't work that way. Void Elves ARE the Alliance High Elf, the thalassian variant exclusively created for the use of the Alliance, one that does not infringe on the integrity of the Horde or the identity of the Blood Elves. But what you mean by Alliance High Elf is the High Elf exile. I used to use the phrase Alliance High Elf more often than not before I realised High Elf Exile was more appropriate, so I find you adopting it just a touch ironic.

    However, I entirely understand why the phrase may becoming more in vogue with the High Elf community. After all, the likelihood of blue eyes being added to Blood Elves would eliminate the sole physical distinction between Blood Elves and the High Elf exiles that remains, a physical distinction that has been invested with way too much importance for what it is. And what it is the not defining characteristic of a brand new race, but likely eye options 5 and 6 on the Blood Elf character creator. And just as sometimes an army retreats from one position to another once the defence of that position becomes untenable, so the pro High Elf community retreats to the final redoubt of political affiliation. I can even imagine the arguments now... 'It doesn't matter if they are identical in every way. One is Alliance, one is Horde. Also Pandaren are neutral...' The last argument happens to be one we've argued over a million times already, so not exactly the ideal ground for a last stand but I guess you can't always pick your battlegrounds.

    As for 'people just want them' and that is all that is required, no it really isn't. You have been told time and time and time again that the faction wall matters. You have been told time and time and time again that the racial diversity of the factions is integral to factional identity. You have been told time and time again that the High Elf Exiles, a de facto duplicate of a core Horde race, unacceptably undermine the division between those factions. So to state that 'people just need to want them' is enough to get them is, to put it bluntly, wrong. It is demonstrably incorrect. The very absence of High Elf exiles within the Alliance is a testament to how incorrect you are on this stance. You place a weird faith in the ability of Blizzard to be swayed by the efforts of the high elf community, a tiny grouping with a vocal forum presence.

    If you have such faith that the only thing required to get Blizzard to move on it's design red lines is forum pressure, I invite you to fly over the Shadowlands the first moment you set foot in them after 9.0 goes live. After all, every expansion the pro flying community starts up a thread on pathfinder being required to access flight and they have done so ever since WOD.

    Here's a link to the Shadowlands version https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...or-Shadowlands

    Surprisingly enough, Blizzard hasn't broken on that red line in the face of an even larger number of people complaining, as they genuinely believe in their current compromise. Just as they no doubt believe in their compromise on the incessant demand for high elves in the Alliance, the Void Elves.

    The hope for a High Elf Allied race is now pretty much gone. Hence the new found focus on Void Elves. Who knows, maybe they will give Void Elves the customizations you seek and not something closer to the monkey paw options Tenebra was posting recently. But as I keep telling you, Void Elves are Void Elves for a reason. They are a variant of a true High Elf, and a variant implies a level of difference. Your emotes will never be compatible with the fantasy, no matter what customization you have and no, they aren't going to record brand new ones for you. Your racials will never be compatible with the fantasy and no, they aren't going to give Void Elves reskinned racials based on your skin tone. What I am saying is, even if they give Void Elves every customization you are dreaming of (in itself doubtful, as Void Elves are intended as a variant and moving them closer to Blood Elves undermines that) you will still be playing a Void Elf, the Alliance High Elf, but NOT a traditional style High Elf. For that kind of Elf, you have to come to the Horde.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2019-11-14 at 06:56 PM.

  3. #13243
    Void elves are Alliance "Blood" elves, not Alliance "High" elves.

  4. #13244
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    No, it doesn't work that way. Void Elves ARE the Alliance High Elf, the thalassian variant exclusively created for the use of the Alliance, one that does not infringe on the integrity of the Horde or the identity of the Blood Elves. But what you mean by Alliance High Elf is the High Elf exile. I used to use the phrase Alliance High Elf more often than not before I realised High Elf Exile was more appropriate, so I find you adopting it just a touch ironic.

    However, I entirely understand why the phrase may becoming more in vogue with the High Elf community. After all, the likelihood of blue eyes being added to Blood Elves would eliminate the sole physical distinction between Blood Elves and the High Elf exiles that remains, a physical distinction that has been invested with way too much importance for what it is. And what it is the not defining characteristic of a brand new race, but likely eye options 5 and 6 on the Blood Elf character creator. And just as sometimes an army retreats from one position to another once the defence of that position becomes untenable, so the pro High Elf community retreats to the final redoubt of political affiliation. I can even imagine the arguments now... 'It doesn't matter if they are identical in every way. One is Alliance, one is Horde. Also Pandaren are neutral...' The last argument happens to be one we've argued over a million times already, so not exactly the ideal ground for a last stand but I guess you can't always pick your battlegrounds.

    As for 'people just want them' and that is all that is required, no it really isn't. You have been told time and time and time again that the faction wall matters. You have been told time and time and time again that the racial diversity of the factions is integral to factional identity. You have been told time and time again that the High Elf Exiles, a de facto duplicate of a core Horde race, unacceptably undermine the division between those factions. So to state that 'people just need to want them' is enough to get them is, to put it bluntly, wrong. It is demonstrably incorrect. The very absence of High Elf exiles within the Alliance is a testament to how incorrect you are on this stance. You place a weird faith in the ability of Blizzard to be swayed by the efforts of the high elf community, a tiny grouping with a vocal forum presence.

    If you have such faith that the only thing required to get Blizzard to move on it's design red lines is forum pressure, I invite you to fly over the Shadowlands the first moment you set foot in them after 9.0 goes live. After all, every expansion the pro flying community starts up a thread on pathfinder being required to access flight and they have done so ever since WOD.

    Here's a link to the Shadowlands version https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...or-Shadowlands

    Surprisingly enough, Blizzard hasn't broken on that red line in the face of an even larger number of people complaining, as they genuinely believe in their current compromise. Just as they no doubt believe in their compromise on the incessant demand for high elves in the Alliance, the Void Elves.

    The hope for a High Elf Allied race is now pretty much gone. Hence the new found focus on Void Elves. Who knows, maybe they will give Void Elves the customizations you seek and not something closer to the monkey paw options Tenebra was posting recently. But as I keep telling you, Void Elves are Void Elves for a reason. They are a variant of a true High Elf, and a variant implies a level of difference. Your emotes will never be compatible with the fantasy, no matter what customization you have and no, they aren't going to record brand new ones for you. Your racials will never be compatible with the fantasy and no, they aren't going to give Void Elves reskinned racials based on your skin tone. What I am saying is, even if they give Void Elves every customization you are dreaming of (in itself doubtful, as Void Elves are intended as a variant and moving them closer to Blood Elves undermines that) you will still be playing a Void Elf, the Alliance High Elf, but NOT a traditional style High Elf. For that kind of Elf, you have to come to the Horde.
    The ayes color doesn't matter. They are two different races.
    Blizzard has changed many times models in order to make a race ready to be playable. that visual rework could work with HE
    It doesn't matter if they put blue ayes in blood elves costm, we will still ask for High elven ¡FOR THE ALLIANCE!

  5. #13245
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post


    Game over. Pack it up boys.
    This is placeholder for new VFX.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    No, if it's not a choice.
    Exactly. High elves following Umbric would be out of character but high elves turning void due to plot device, let's say, accident during some battle with old gods, it is proper way to solve the high elf problem.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  6. #13246
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    then explain sand trolls and dark trolls who have entirely different skin colors and potentially different subraces of trolls coming as customization too?

    the answer is: skin color alone is also not enough.
    I think somewhere along the way, you lost what I was trying to say. I don't wanna explain it again though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    No im just saying that when some one says thing like "we don't currently hae plans at this time"

    That pr speak for were not think of it or working on it.

    It's not delusional in any sense to be doubtful of some ones future speculation, 5hats what your doing.... Speculating on the future, unless your privy to some internal blizz road map the only one engaging in fantasy is actualy you be stating speculation as a fact.

    You don't know what's going to happen in the future, I don't know, but what I do know intimately is PR spin and standard terms like "at this time" are basic non commital rebukes intended to give an answer of no without fully saying no. Its not an indication of any plan current or future, quite the opposite actually.
    Bold #1: Yes, which is why I said upon SL release, they're not gonna have Allied Races expanded customization. That's literally what Blizzard saying. It means nothing of the future, it just means "only original races for now".

    Me speculating on the future doesn't deny that Allied Races aren't gonna get extra looks in SL. I'm speculating for after that, as you grasp.

    Bold #2: We do know actually. They've stated this is the beginning of providing far more customization to everyone. Therefore we know they're going to continue it post whatever gets added in Shadowlands.

    And I think it should be obvious with that given that Allied Races can expect extra looks too. Because you'd be delusional to think that they're going to only expand customization for original races and then never touch Allied Races customization ever again.

  7. #13247
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    What about kul'tiran humans and mag'har orcs?

    High elves are not playable, blood elves are.
    both kul'tirans and maghar are entirely different of normal humans and normal orcs, they have different characteristics all together, they come from totally different places(orcs coming from another dimension/timeline) thus, they are not the same thing.

    Blood elves ARE high elves, thats why the race is already playable, one of the reasons blizzard is adamant of not lettin the alliance have then.

    Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    Mag'har? Dark Iron Dwarves? Nightborne?
    are you serious telling me those examples are just skin color? for real? this is not even true for then and its bltantlywrong when you have nightborne whoare a different kind of elf in both model and color.
    Lightforged don't even have very different skin colors, merely body tattoos and a mark on their forehead.

    Apparently runes on your body are enough to make you a different race.
    yes, undergo a ritual to change yourself rly makes you different for the normal Draeneis.

    Void Elves just have different hair colors. They're all different tones of purples with a goth vibe.
    if thatwas true,people would not keep asking for HE
    Highmountain Tauren just have antlers.
    they re another tribe,with different characteristics all together, they wee separated from thousand of years and had the bless of cenarius
    Zandalari have dinosaur scale skin.

    Kul Tirans are just fat.
    factual wrong, this is a bad tactic that you are trying here, downgrade their differences trying to validate an nonexistent HE difference


    Elisande clearly makes a distinction between High Elves and Blood Elves and Blizzard wanted to show that these two groups are very different.
    she address that there re 2 groups,not 2 different races, and sh even said their are diluting their bloodline, saying not even they show call themselves high elves, people will get more served with half elves

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Mag'har and Kul'tiras.

    exactly the same


    They are a different race anywhere the game mechanics are concerned.
    totally moot since they are not playable

    It's not "bad faith" because it's the gist of what people here want: they want to play as a race that has been part of the Alliance for the longest time. Which is why saying "the race is playable on the Horde" has zero value in this discussion since no one here wants to play on the Horde. We want an Alliance race. Not a Horde race.
    people want to play the race who already playable but on the blue side, fine, but saying "the race technically is not playable because ~~reasons~~" will not give then any more chances.

  8. #13248
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I think somewhere along the way, you lost what I was trying to say. I don't wanna explain it again though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Bold #1: Yes, which is why I said upon SL release, they're not gonna have Allied Races expanded customization. That's literally what Blizzard saying. It means nothing of the future, it just means "only original races for now".

    Me speculating on the future doesn't deny that Allied Races aren't gonna get extra looks in SL. I'm speculating for after that, as you grasp.

    Bold #2: We do know actually. They've stated this is the beginning of providing far more customization to everyone. Therefore we know they're going to continue it post whatever gets added in Shadowlands.

    And I think it should be obvious with that given that Allied Races can expect extra looks too. Because you'd be delusional to think that they're going to only expand customization for original races and then never touch Allied Races customization ever again.
    In sl is what I'm disagreeing with.

    The Roadmap for Software dev including games is planned out at least 2 years in advance.

    If there saying nothings planed at this time it usualy means its not currently on the road map, that means your looking at over 2 years befor something like that happens, and tbh that pritty much inline with most stuff that gets the "not at this time" treatment.

  9. #13249
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    22,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    exactly the same
    They are still "the exact same race". Kul'tiras are humans, 100%. Mag'har are also orcs, 100%. The difference in skin color from mag'har to OG orcs is no different from the eye color of blood elves and high elves.

    totally moot since they are not playable
    How can it be moot when the entire premise of this thread is about "making high elves a playable race"? That's like, in a discussion of DC's Superman vs Marvel's Thor, to say it's irrelevant that Thor's power is pure magical (Superman's weakness) because Thor isn't a DC character.

    people want to play the race who already playable
    It's not available. I don't see a "high elf option" on blue banner on the character selection screen. I see no high elf option that is friendly to the Silver Covenant. I see no high elf option that is enemies with the Horde.

    saying "the race technically is not playable because ~~reasons~~" will not give then any more chances.
    Downplay and demean it however you wish, but that doesn't make our reasons or our challenges of the developers' claims any less valid.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  10. #13250
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    both kul'tirans and maghar are entirely different of normal humans and normal orcs, they have different characteristics all together, they come from totally different places(orcs coming from another dimension/timeline) thus, they are not the same thing.

    Blood elves ARE high elves, thats why the race is already playable, one of the reasons blizzard is adamant of not lettin the alliance have then.



    are you serious telling me those examples are just skin color? for real? this is not even true for then and its bltantlywrong when you have nightborne whoare a different kind of elf in both model and color.


    yes, undergo a ritual to change yourself rly makes you different for the normal Draeneis.



    if thatwas true,people would not keep asking for HE


    they re another tribe,with different characteristics all together, they wee separated from thousand of years and had the bless of cenarius


    factual wrong, this is a bad tactic that you are trying here, downgrade their differences trying to validate an nonexistent HE difference




    she address that there re 2 groups,not 2 different races, and sh even said their are diluting their bloodline, saying not even they show call themselves high elves, people will get more served with half elves



    exactly the same




    totally moot since they are not playable



    people want to play the race who already playable but on the blue side, fine, but saying "the race technically is not playable because ~~reasons~~" will not give then any more chances.
    Mag'har are the same as regular orcs, just different skin color. Kul'tirans are literally fat humans

    Regular orcs changes because they interact with fel magic. Same with blood elves, they change because they interact with fel magic.
    Yet, under Blizzard standards; fat humans are a different race form Stormwind humans, and green orcs are a different race from brown orcs.

    The same could be said of elves with pale skin and blue eyes, being a different race from pink skin elves with green eyes.

  11. #13251
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They are still "the exact same race". Kul'tiras are humans, 100%.
    if they were, they would not be so different, like the whole point of being another "playable race" be different (great difference) from the normal ones, their musculature is different, their size is different and their traits like face and capabilities
    Mag'har are also orcs, 100%. The difference in skin color from mag'har to OG orcs is no different from the eye color of blood elves and high elves.
    it is totally different because one, maghar are not normal orcs, normal orcs are heavily corrupted by demon's blood, that alone change their bodies and even affected their racial, maghar orcs are separated not jus by 35+ more years but also from another timeline/dimension

    eye color is not a valid point anymore when you do have blood elves with blue eyes, regardless, skin color is a way more distinct trait than just the eye color.

    How can it be moot when the entire premise of this thread is about "making high elves a playable race"? That's like, in a discussion of DC's Superman vs Marvel's Thor, to say it's irrelevant that Thor's power is pure magical (Superman's weakness) because Thor isn't a DC character
    .

    Thor power i not entirely magical tough

    It's not available. I don't see a "high elf option" on blue banner on the character selection screen. I see no high elf option that is friendly to the Silver Covenant. I see no high elf option that is enemies with the Horde.
    It is available, even ion said that, the option is not on alliance, you want that on alliance, sure, but like said, go for the right thing, trying to find a hole in the rule by technically will not help neither make things more likely, we and blizzard know what they are


    Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    Mag'har are the same as regular orcs, just different skin color. Kul'tirans are literally fat humans
    they factually aren't
    Regular orcs changes because they interact with fel magic. Same with blood elves, they change because they interact with fel magic.
    Again, this is wrong, orcs didn't just "interact" with fel magic , they got corrupted by demon blood, that change their bodies, this didn't happen with blood elves, same could be said to void elves.

    Yet, under Blizzard standards; fat humans are a different race form Stormwind humans, and green orcs are a different race from brown orcs.

    The same could be said of elves with pale skin and blue eyes, being a different race from pink skin elves with green eyes.
    green orcs got corrupted by demon blood, maghar didn't. Maghar come from another dimension/timeline, plenty of differences than just skin color.

    Kul'tirans are totally different from regular humans, traits, size, musculature.

    however, high elves and blood elves are exactly the same, those difference you said are non-existent.

    And the big difference here is how maghar and kul'tiran were put on the same faction their "parent races".

    By blizzard standards an allied race to make sense they need to have a difference, be skin color(Dark iron, maghar) or body difference(Zandalar, Kul'tiran) but not just that. And if they were going to the other faction, they would need a more apparent/meaningful difference, both in their model and in their theme, like what happened with nightborne(another theme and different model) and void elves(another theme and a different color)

  12. #13252
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if they were, they would not be so different, like the whole point of being another "playable race" be different (great difference) from the normal ones, their musculature is different, their size is different and their traits like face and capabilities


    it is totally different because one, maghar are not normal orcs, normal orcs are heavily corrupted by demon's blood, that alone change their bodies and even affected their racial, maghar orcs are separated not jus by 35+ more years but also from another timeline/dimension

    eye color is not a valid point anymore when you do have blood elves with blue eyes, regardless, skin color is a way more distinct trait than just the eye color.

    .

    Thor power i not entirely magical tough



    It is available, even ion said that, the option is not on alliance, you want that on alliance, sure, but like said, go for the right thing, trying to find a hole in the rule by technically will not help neither make things more likely, we and blizzard know what they are




    they factually aren't


    Again, this is wrong, orcs didn't just "interact" with fel magic , they got corrupted by demon blood, that change their bodies, this didn't happen with blood elves, same could be said to void elves.



    green orcs got corrupted by demon blood, maghar didn't. Maghar come from another dimension/timeline, plenty of differences than just skin color.

    Kul'tirans are totally different from regular humans, traits, size, musculature.

    however, high elves and blood elves are exactly the same, those difference you said are non-existent.

    And the big difference here is how maghar and kul'tiran were put on the same faction their "parent races".

    By blizzard standards an allied race to make sense they need to have a difference, be skin color(Dark iron, maghar) or body difference(Zandalar, Kul'tiran) but not just that. And if they were going to the other faction, they would need a more apparent/meaningful difference, both in their model and in their theme, like what happened with nightborne(another theme and different model) and void elves(another theme and a different color)
    Kul'tiran human are fat human (from the humans species) regular orcs are just green corrupted orcs (from the orc species), blood elves are just pink skin green ayes corrupted elves(from Thalassian elves species).
    Stormwind humans are just regular humans (human species), mag'har orcs are regular orcs (orc species), high elves are regular thalassian elves (thalassian eves species)
    Is not hard to understand...

    nightborne have the same model as night elves and void elves... Oh boy, they are just a hurried bad idea. And you can see their narrative to check it out by yourself.
    Last edited by Ignaz; 2019-11-14 at 10:04 PM.

  13. #13253
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Blizzard already said High elves aren't happening because there are already two flavors of high elves playable.
    there may be strawberry elves and blueberry elves, but we still want "vanilla" elves hahaha

  14. #13254
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    22,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if they were, they would not be so different, like the whole point of being another "playable race" be different (great difference) from the normal ones, their musculature is different, their size is different and their traits like face and capabilities
    They were made different solely for the sake of being an allied race, because Kul'Tiras humans are still just that: humans. And as mentioned many times already: the trials and tribulations that the high elves had to go through to deal with the negatives effects of their magical addiction, since they refused to drain mana from living beings, can be used to explain physical differences between the two groups.

    it is totally different because one, maghar are not normal orcs, normal orcs are heavily corrupted by demon's blood, that alone change their bodies and even affected their racial, maghar orcs are separated not jus by 35+ more years but also from another timeline/dimension
    "Even affected their racial"? That's nonsense. None of the orcs' racials are from the demon blood. Their "blood fury" is something innate to the orcs.

    eye color is not a valid point anymore when you do have blood elves with blue eyes, regardless, skin color is a way more distinct trait than just the eye color.
    But skin color isn't that good a distinction, isn't it? After all, 90% of the armor in the game covers your entire body. And even so, you, as a Horde player, will most likely know the other player's faction way before you even know if it's a dwarf, human, draenei or night elf by looking at their name color, outline color, or health bar color.

    Thor power i not entirely magical tough
    And WOOSH goes the point above your head. And I heavily suspect it's because you intentionally ducked.

    It is available, even ion said that,
    No. He said the "closest thing" is on the Horde. There's a difference.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  15. #13255
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Sin'dorei has specific meaning. Look that up if you didn't realize that.

    It doesn't matter what someone was, it matters what they are now.

    Otherwise I'd like to see you go on to argue that Void Elves should be on Horde as repeatedly as you try to repeat yourself while bringing nothing new to this discussion.
    I don't think you understand... the "boundary" between horde high elves (blood elves) and alliance aligned high elves is a lot looser than you think it to be. This is evident by the fact the Velonara who died as a high elf views blood elves as her people. Likewise, Vareesa (most notable alliance aligned high elf) wishes for blood elves and high elves to be reunited (see Three Sisters comic)... why? Cause they're the exact same people with only but a political difference. You say "buh buh pandarens"??? well pandaren were introduced as neutral, which is a completely different situation to what we have now.. where the majority of thalassian elves consits of a core horde race.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

  16. #13256
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    Kul'tiran human are fat human (from the humans species)
    no they aren't, and it snot hard to understand, just seeing then it will make rly clear they are not just "fat human"

    you could find at humans in wow before, kul'tirans are literally half giant, standing at 8ft+ average, their body type is from a strongmen, more muscles than lard and of course their characteristics and conditions adapted from another environment.

    Clearly different.

    regular orcs are just green corrupted orcs (from the orc species),
    they are not "just" corrupted, you are simplifying what happened, the race got corrupted, they change, they are not the same thing anymore.

    blood elves are just pink skin green ayes corrupted elves(from Thalassian elves species).
    Blood elves are exactly the same as high elves with no difference whatsoever in their characteristics, since oyu can find blood elves with blue eyes too.


    high elves are regular thalassian elves (thalassian eves species)
    Is not hard to understand...
    this is a common misunderstanding, just because A equal B don't mean C equal B

    Stormwind humans, or regular humans are totally different from kul'tirans.
    Green orcs are different from maghar.
    Blood elves are not different from High elves, even the blue eyes is not a difference anymore.

  17. #13257
    Quote Originally Posted by romskee1 View Post
    snip
    You're idea includes turning a core horde race neutral.. how is that even remotely fair?? Your idea correlates to blurring the faction lines even further, which is what Blizzard have said they do not intend to do. They even reemphasized this blizzcon the importance on keeping the two factions separate.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

  18. #13258
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They were made different solely for the sake of being an allied race
    Thats false, cause the differences existed prior they even thinking about they being an allied race

    Maghar were different since TBC with they being brown and being bigger in size, in wod we had then in even more different colors adapted to different environments.

    Kul'tirans difference was created in bfa but they didn't intend then to be an allied race, the difference was already there when they decide.

    And as mentioned many times already: the trials and tribulations that the high elves had to go through to deal with the negatives effects of their magical addiction, since they refused to drain mana from living beings, can be used to explain physical differences between the two groups.
    those "trials and tribulations" are more fanfic than actual lore, the time was not enough to do that, and we have confirmation about that from the high elves in the game after that not changing at all.

    They didn't drain mana from living beings, but they did drain from magical things, especially the silver covenant elves who people preach to be playable.

    See, if they went for this route, the high elves would be tiny, even more pale, and would not be able to be mage, their model would be different showing an absence of the magic they need so much, they would change into something who no longer resenble a high elf

    people would be ok with that? cause honestly i don't think they will.
    "Even affected their racial"? That's nonsense. None of the orcs' racials are from the demon blood. Their "blood fury" is something innate to the orcs.
    yes see:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_Fury
    The orcs can work themselves up into a natural bloodlust frenzy, a capacity that was only demonically amplified by consuming the Blood of Mannoroth.
    thats why maghar orcs don't have it as racial,even they being able to enter in this state, is not nearly as powerful.

    the maghar prob reject this over the years to be more about their ancestors racial

    But skin color isn't that good a distinction, isn't it? After all, 90% of the armor in the game covers your entire body.
    no? if its not i think we don't need HE at all, people could put an armor on their VE and RP as HE
    And WOOSH goes the point above your head. And I heavily suspect it's because you intentionally ducked.
    i just didn't understand what you tried to say there.

    No. He said the "closest thing" is on the Horde. There's a difference.
    he pretty much said the option is already available and blue eyes are not enough, the infamous "the horde is there/aiting for you"

  19. #13259
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    there may be strawberry elves and blueberry elves, but we still want "vanilla" elves hahaha
    HAHAHAHA Good one!

  20. #13260
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    You're idea includes turning a core horde race neutral.. how is that even remotely fair?? Your idea correlates to blurring the faction lines even further, which is what Blizzard have said they do not intend to do. They even reemphasized this blizzcon the importance on keeping the two factions separate.

    dude, you are saying the same thing twice here, safe that for orc "corruption change a race" and for blood elves "they are the same"
    yeah, a magical attuned race bathing in corruption and fel magic will not have any change to them sure... while drinking once some demon blood will remake the orcs completly

    lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •