Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Given not two hours ago you were heralding purple skinned blood elves as the harbingers of the homogenization of all elves, I question your ability to divine developer intent from the few scraps of information we have. Until such time as they repudiate what they said on Blood Elves being high elves, the fact that comment is two years old is irrelevant. It counts. As does every comment on this topic for the past decade and a half.
    I'll take blonde, blue eyed night elves and brown skinned, and black haired blood elves as a clear indication of homogenization of elf kind, and shift in creative direction from previous restrictive decisions, but I have no problem waiting and seeing.

I think it should be assumed the eye colours on that specific model are probably a unique consequence of that character's current status, rather than confirmation that eye colour is coming to Blood Elves. We could get them, but we might not.
    Yeah, you might be right in it being unique to Kael, but it looks like that same person who found the skin textures has also dug up blue eyes (as well as other cool colours like purple and red) that are likely going to be for the blood elves (The one gold and grey one looks cool! Might be for Lor'themar-esque face scars!).

I'm really hoping we see some striking prime colour Farstrider-style tattoos as well! Something I've wanted for ages (along with Wildhammer ink!)! Combine the tattoos and blue eyes and I might retroactively start thinking of my hunter as one of the Allerian expeditions elves who decided to join the blood elven fold as opposed to maintaining ties with the Alliance back on Azeroth.

The larger skin tone spectrum is not something I for one am particularly supportive of. I'm all for a realistic range of Azerothian human skin tones because, like in our world, humans in Azeroth live in a wide variety of climates, but the high elves have lived in a single contained northerly kingdom for millennia - likely with very few generations between Dath'remar and contemporary Quel'Thalas. I suppose you could explain it as different shades of Kaldorei Highborne families developing differently once the Quel'dorei phenotype was properly established though.

It doesn't bother me enough to complain about it much either. Especially if it's going to make people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Wow, giving blue eyes to belves is really a slap in the face from Blizzard. And I don't even care about helves.
    How would it be a 'slap in the face'?

Implicitly accepts de-voiding Void Elves defeats the point.

If Void Elf fans want to look like a pure high elf on a Void Elf, they aren't Void Elf fans, they are Blood Elf fans with a severe Horde aversion.

Void Elves should be allowed to be their own distinct grouping with their own distinct fantasy.
    No. They are High Elves fans. You really need to understand that Blood Elves and High Elves aren't the same group at all anymore. It's not that hard to understand, come one. You can do it, i believe in you !

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    No. They are High Elves fans. You really need to understand that Blood Elves and High Elves aren't the same group at all anymore. It's not that hard to understand, come one. You can do it, i believe in you !
    He really can't wrap his head around the fact that there exists a group on Alliance that are high elves and Alliance players wish to play them.

It's like having two houses with yards separated by a fence.

On one yard there is a plethora of "Red Roses" that people are free to pick/interact with by the behest of their property owner.

The other yard contains a few "Blue Roses" that are blocked off by a fence, people can look but not interact with them at the behest of their property owner.

The people in that yard continue wishing to their property owner they could interact with their blue roses, all the while the people in the yard with red roses are looking over the fence and keep hollering "you want to play with our red roses!!"

That's Obelisk's mindset for you.

This thread was once such a nice place for high elf fans to share their ideas on how to implemente them, to share their pics about high elves as a playable race, to discuss about the lore...

Obelisk Kai and other anti-helfers completely ruined it just because they're obsessed to tell us "No I don't want you to get them, and you will not get them. Also blood elves are high elves, deal with it, bye.".

High elf fans are also to be blamed (myself included) for answering them whereas they have no intention to be constructive from the beginning.

I miss the old times.
    Last edited by elbleuet; Today at 08:31 PM.
    "One day, Silvermoon will stand again on the side of the Alliance, I know it"

- Alleria Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    His pride is too sickening for him to admit how much he twisted facts and statements to defend a selfish point.

How many times has he repeated that Blood elves and High elves aren't different races, as if actually someone needed to be told that?

It's a lost cause, forget him.