1. #15661
    Dreadlord Phaelia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel’Thalas
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=312240/...le-and-strings

    "Your people, the blood elves, have persevered through tragedy and betrayal. You toil to ensure Azeroth never endures such suffering again"

    They changed a bit of the race intro descriptions. Solidifying Blood Elves as Blood Elves.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is it new? Isn't that the one from getting 100 reputations to exalted?

    https://www.wowhead.com/news=286914/...ser-grats-to-a

    Nvm looks like that one has a harness.
    You’re being disingenuous with that remark. The change isn’t that different, as they were called Blood Elves in the changed quote as well. Your point would have been better had it removed a mention of being High Elves. Nice try though.

    You left the comforts of Silvermoon City to find power and greatness within Azeroth, like many blood elves before your people, the blood elves, have persevered through tragedy and betrayal. You toil to ensure Azeroth never endures such suffering again
    Edit: also I’d like to point out they are painting Blood Elves as heroic and noble, not malicious malcontents that some people in this thread have painted them out to be.
    Last edited by Phaelia; 2020-04-22 at 11:35 PM.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

  2. #15662
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    You’re being disingenuous with that remark. The change isn’t that different, as they were called Blood Elves in the changed quote as well. Your point would have been better had it removed a mention of being High Elves. Nice try though.

    Edit: also I’d like to point out they are painting Blood Elves as heroic and noble, not malicious malcontents that some people in this thread have painted them out to be.
    The grey font means it's deleted, white means it didn't change, and green means it got added. Your edited quote is incorrect.

    To your Edit: They're also pointing out Undead now as wanting to defending the living who shun them. I'm sure that's exactly what Undead players have always wanted .

  3. #15663
    Dreadlord Phaelia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel’Thalas
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    The grey font means it's deleted, white means it didn't change, and green means it got added. Your edited quote is incorrect.
    I’m aware that the edited quote is deleted. I’m pointing out that it isn’t much different than what they changed it to.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

  4. #15664
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Btw it's alpha and nothing is final till we see it in. I'm just sharing developments.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I’m aware that the edited quote is deleted. I’m pointing out that it isn’t much different than what they changed it to.
    All I pointed out is the emphasis is on being a Blood Elf.

  5. #15665
    The Lightbringer Ardenaso's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    The SC was created as an opposition to the Sunreavers who rejoined Dalaran (ie not an Alliance city). No, Varessa wishes to bring back Quel'thalas to the Alliance. If I'm wrong then please quote the SC NPCs who state this.

    Yvera Dawning and Frostfencer Seraphi do not appear to be a part of the SC. The 7th legion battlemages (all 2? of them) are representing the 7th legion. The high elf ballistae are not even manned by high elves. There are no high elven forces in the Siege of Org 2.0. Where are the forces of the SC? No where to be found. According to the pro side, the SC is a "large" group... so where is this "large" group in the war? I can't see them. I see plenty of void elves participating in the war though.

    I care about blurring faction lines, so does Blizzard. Alteraci humans would blur faction lines so I highly doubt they'll ever be a thing on the Horde (nor would I want them to be as humans are a key part of the Alliance, not the Horde).
    I thought I was trying to make it clear that High Elves are still relevant still in BFA and they aren't limited to the SC?

    Also, why not? Alterac was with the Horde on the Second War and I consider them to be the original pretty face of the Horde. I even heard Thrall had some human spies themselves against the Alliance (lemme find the citation though). I doubt there would be yet another faction conflict (let's hope Tyrande, Genn, Talanji doesn't do anything stupid) so some rogue Humans should be welcomed on the Horde at this point. Feel free to critique my suggestion in the link on my signature.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

  6. #15666
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I thought I was trying to make it clear that High Elves are still relevant still in BFA and they aren't limited to the SC?

    Also, why not? Alterac was with the Horde on the Second War and I consider them to be the original pretty face of the Horde. I even heard Thrall had some human spies themselves against the Alliance (lemme find the citation though). I doubt there would be yet another faction conflict (let's hope Tyrande, Genn, Talanji doesn't do anything stupid) so some rogue Humans should be welcomed on the Horde at this point. Feel free to critique my suggestion in the link on my signature.
    Alteraci actually make wayyy more sense than forsaken to be on the Horde. Forsaken are undead Lordaeron humans that were at war with the Horde prior to death. Alteraci were their allies.

    I don't think they thought the lore through very well when choosing the Horde races. Blood elves allied with trolls? Lordaeron humans allied with orcs? Nightborne fighting their family members?

  7. #15667
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Alteraci actually make wayyy more sense than forsaken to be on the Horde. Forsaken are undead Lordaeron humans that were at war with the Horde prior to death. Alteraci were their allies.

    I don't think they thought the lore through very well when choosing the Horde races. Blood elves allied with trolls? Lordaeron humans allied with orcs? Nightborne fighting their family members?
    I think it's more a problem of the narrative feeling plain and simple, as if there is no actual depth to it even if there is.

  8. #15668
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    You’re being disingenuous with that remark. The change isn’t that different, as they were called Blood Elves in the changed quote as well. Your point would have been better had it removed a mention of being High Elves. Nice try though.



    Edit: also I’d like to point out they are painting Blood Elves as heroic and noble, not malicious malcontents that some people in this thread have painted them out to be.
    They are also painting Forsaken as protector of the living. So they can well tell us that the Blood Elves are heroics and noble, but we all know that it isn't the case at all.

  9. #15669
    Dreadlord Phaelia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel’Thalas
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    They are also painting Forsaken as protector of the living. So they can well tell us that the Blood Elves are heroics and noble, but we all know that it isn't the case at all.
    Yeah in your headcanon world they would be.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

  10. #15670
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Yeah in your headcanon world they would be.
    Do the quests in Quel'thalas to see how haughty, corrupt and decadent they are. Then do the quests in Suramar and watch the Nightborn recruitment scenario to see how Liandrin lies to Thalyssra about the Blood and Night Elves history.

    Blood elves are decadent, vile and unprincipled tunrcoats. Plain and simple.

  11. #15671
    Dreadlord Phaelia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel’Thalas
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Do the quests in Quel'thalas to see how haughty, corrupt and decadent they are. Then do the quests in Suramar and watch the Nightborn recruitment scenario to see how Liandrin lies to Thalyssra about the Blood and Night Elves history.

    Blood elves are decadent, vile and unprincipled tunrcoats. Plain and simple.
    I am respectfully choosing to end any pointless discussion we’d have on this subject because you and I will never agree.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

  12. #15672
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I’m aware that the edited quote is deleted. I’m pointing out that it isn’t much different than what they changed it to.
    We get the implicit argument, 'They've deleted a reference to High Elves being Blood Elves!'. For a community desperate to find any support for their rationale that Blood Elves and High Elves are different, this seemingly counts as the closest thing to a win.

    But the real reason for this change has nothing to do with this debate. They are going with a minimalist UI design for the new character creator. The current blurb for the Blood Elves, which acknowledges that they are high elves, is substantially longer than the blurb which is replacing it. As they've pared down these dialogues to the bare minimum a lot of information has been cut. That doesn't mean the cut information is no longer canon.

    After all, the new blurb 'Your people, the blood elves, have persevered through tragedy and betrayal. You toil to ensure Azeroth never endures such suffering again' doesn't make reference to Quel'thalas whereas the original blurb did. Based on the seeming logic that what is removed no longer counts, I presume therefore the Blood Elves are no longer from Quel'thalas. On the other hand, if that conclusion comes across as ridiculous, perhaps what is not said is still true, and that when they pared back all the dialogue in the blurbs they were trying to impart only a taste of what race is as briefly as possible, because the whole vibe of the new creator is minimalist.

    In other words, nothing to see here.

  13. #15673
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Do the quests in Quel'thalas to see how haughty, corrupt and decadent they are. Then do the quests in Suramar and watch the Nightborn recruitment scenario to see how Liandrin lies to Thalyssra about the Blood and Night Elves history.

    Blood elves are decadent, vile and unprincipled tunrcoats. Plain and simple.
    Wait... That's an exageration, is true that there are some bad apples in Quel'thalas questlines, but most quest are quite nice and are just a group of people trying to fix up their homelands, heck... even when they send you to kill treants and some of the animals, they see it as a shame but something that most be done.

  14. #15674
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Wait... That's an exageration, is true that there are some bad apples in Quel'thalas questlines, but most quest are quite nice and are just a group of people trying to fix up their homelands, heck... even when they send you to kill treants and some of the animals, they see it as a shame but something that most be done.
    I hate the Quel'thalas questing experience. I've tried it half a dozen times since I started playing, way back in TBC. And I always hated it because everything screamed at how corrupt and decadent the Blood Elves are. I never managed to finish the Ghostlands because I hate Blood Elves. And yet, I love the High Elves, because they are fundamentaly different from their former kin.

    "Oh noes, the animals and plants we enchanted to act in a certain way don't anymore! Go kill them."

    "Oh noes, I need to snuff some magical stuff but not too much or I'll turn into a Wretched - by the way, go kill those junkies, they done fucked up anyways."

    It really is an horrible gaming experience, only topped by the pre-Cata Forsaken one (at elast the current one is polished and doesn't hide the fact that the Forsaken are monsters).

  15. #15675
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    I hate the Quel'thalas questing experience. I've tried it half a dozen times since I started playing, way back in TBC. And I always hated it because everything screamed at how corrupt and decadent the Blood Elves are. I never managed to finish the Ghostlands because I hate Blood Elves. And yet, I love the High Elves, because they are fundamentaly different from their former kin.

    "Oh noes, the animals and plants we enchanted to act in a certain way don't anymore! Go kill them."

    "Oh noes, I need to snuff some magical stuff but not too much or I'll turn into a Wretched - by the way, go kill those junkies, they done fucked up anyways."

    It really is an horrible gaming experience, only topped by the pre-Cata Forsaken one (at elast the current one is polished and doesn't hide the fact that the Forsaken are monsters).
    Well is that how you saw it.

    I mean, i have always mained Blood elf, and the Quelthalas starting zone is basically showing how a great magic empire went down to ruin and now have to clean up everything by themselves.

    It shows how they created their city and molded their surroundings with magic, yes, now we gotta kill plants and animals that went on a rampage because of the destruction of the Sunwell, but the idea of killing animals and plants that go on rampage is not an alien thing, heck... the Draneai and NE end up doing that too to the Furbolg, that are at least intelligent creatures, but is still justified cause they literally had no other option.

    And... well, yeah the whole addition of magic was their main problem prior the Sunwell restoration, and i guess if you dislike the whole idea of killing the Wretched, then i assume you also disliked the whole Nightborne storyline where you had to kill a lot of NB that were also lost to addiction.

    I do agree, that is questionable that noone seems to try to help the Wretched in any way, but most of them are completely lost (and even actively hunt down other BE, making them a real problem)

  16. #15676
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    And so it finally comes to pass, the thinly veiled facade is dropped: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ves-pls/141970

    OP literally asking for Void Elf beards/hairstyles and for Blood Elves to get customization to look 'like Alleria' lol

    On top of that after the blue posted pretty much Void Elf players and Blood Elf players just went to town on saying essentially 'we want what the other Thalassian variant already has'

    I'm glad to see it. As long as that respect is given to both sides by Blizzard

    - - - Updated - - -

    Now someone can't really point fingers like 'yall just want Blood Elf customization, trying to take it from us!' when an OP is literally doing the reverse with Void Elves, wanting to look like their Leader and wanting their customization options.

  17. #15677
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well is that how you saw it.

    I mean, i have always mained Blood elf, and the Quelthalas starting zone is basically showing how a great magic empire went down to ruin and now have to clean up everything by themselves.

    It shows how they created their city and molded their surroundings with magic, yes, now we gotta kill plants and animals that went on a rampage because of the destruction of the Sunwell, but the idea of killing animals and plants that go on rampage is not an alien thing, heck... the Draneai and NE end up doing that too to the Furbolg, that are at least intelligent creatures, but is still justified cause they literally had no other option.

    And... well, yeah the whole addition of magic was their main problem prior the Sunwell restoration, and i guess if you dislike the whole idea of killing the Wretched, then i assume you also disliked the whole Nightborne storyline where you had to kill a lot of NB that were also lost to addiction.

    I do agree, that is questionable that noone seems to try to help the Wretched in any way, but most of them are completely lost (and even actively hunt down other BE, making them a real problem)
    Suramar is the worst zone in WoW for me. Period. So, yeah, I pretty much hated everything there...

  18. #15678
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    And so it finally comes to pass, the thinly veiled facade is dropped: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ves-pls/141970

    OP literally asking for Void Elf beards/hairstyles and for Blood Elves to get customization to look 'like Alleria' lol

    On top of that after the blue posted pretty much Void Elf players and Blood Elf players just went to town on saying essentially 'we want what the other Thalassian variant already has'

    I'm glad to see it. As long as that respect is given to both sides by Blizzard
    All the blue said was 'great feedback, what other options do you want to see' as they moderate debate but the fact a blue partcipated at all was sure to prick your attention.Just as it did two years under the same circumstances when the high elf threads were in full flow. As I recall, back then you saw blue post participation from the CMs as suggesting a lot more than it actually did.

    Now Blood Elf players probably won't be getting Void Elf hairstyles. For one thing, many of them have tentacles. And those that don't actually have tentacles are styled to evoke tentacles. Void Elves could end up with some Blood Elf hairstyles, but hairstyles are already liberally shared between multiple races in game as is. Humans and Blood Elves have already 'cross-pollinated' so to speak so Void Elves getting a share isn't anything game breaking.

    Finally, what facade? One set of thalssian elves asking for what the other set of thalassian elves has was one of the reasons against creating a variant of the Blood Elves for the Alliance in the first place. Everyone knew it would happen. But just because people ask for something does not mean it should happen. In some inoffensive cases, it probably will. But given you are clearly angling for those Blood Elf skin tones, that is still a considerable distance in the future and of a greater magnitude than hair styles.

  19. #15679
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    They are also painting Forsaken as protector of the living. So they can well tell us that the Blood Elves are heroics and noble, but we all know that it isn't the case at all.
    Except down the line, there'd be 500 page discussions with people arguing how virtuous and goo d blood elves are. I'd be writing essays on the crimes and the other side of the blood elves that is a part oft heir identity, - and people w ould respond I'm spouting headcanon while meanwhile freely admitting they didnt' even bothere to read waht I said because it was had more than 4 words and no pictures.

  20. #15680
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Suramar is the worst zone in WoW for me. Period. So, yeah, I pretty much hated everything there...
    Fair enough.

    Either way, i do agree that the Blood elves in general are not, well... the most pure people, heck being a snob is part of their personality (is even part of their jokes and comments), and we do know that they have questionable morals, maybe now less than before (they did had a Naaru as a prisoner and were using it as a living battery), but i also think is a stretch to say that they are all bad, evil, assholes and vile.

    Now that i think about it, for some reason is quite easy to lump together a whole race by the action of a few unless they are humans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •