7+ Year Old Account
    I also see in keyboardturner's posts https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...40594173800449

that Lilian Voss eye color is coming to Forsaken. I already stated before that when the Lor'themar scar options got revealed -> Blizzard are finally letting players look similar to their leaders.

Now the Lilian Voss eye color backs this up.

And most Void Elf fans keep requesting to look like Alleria, even in the recent thread I shared. It's still too early, but I'm excited. It's almost like the stars are aligning. almost

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    *Fingers crossed* my friend. But we shall wait and see.
    But in all cases, they're giving high elves' eyes to void elves so I have a good feeling about it.
    Yes, we have to wait longer to see what happens further with Void Elves since the focus are on the original races atm. But thank you for the discovery, and keyboardturner for investigating.

Seeing all those options for Void Elves is actually really great. I am fine with at least looking like a High Elf and just RPing their story like Danuser said is good to go.

I am only a little miffed because I main a Paladin and VE cannot be a Paladin. So I will have to pick another class as my High Elf character.

The datamined blue eyes seem to be for void elves indeed.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...208116227?s=20
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The pro High Elf community needs to make up it's mind, are blue eyes important or not?
    You know the only reason "blue eyes" repeatedly shows up in conversation is because the anti-high-elf posters such as yourself keep bringing it up? The color of the eyes is meaningless, but you all keep bringing it up, saying "it's not enough differentiation", and "blood elves are getting blue eyes in Shadowlands!", etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

Hello DeicideUH great to see you again! How's the alpha going? Recall you mentioning you got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    You can play a High elf now. The choice not to has always been yours.
    No, you can't. And never could. We have blood elves, and void elves, but not high elves. The high elf option is not currently available. And never was.

10+ Year Old Account

The void elves also have green blue eyes. There's no way it will only be for purple void elves. That would look ridiculeous !

*Excited*
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You know the only reason "blue eyes" repeatedly shows up in conversation is because the anti-high-elf posters such as yourself keep bringing it up? The color of the eyes is meaningless, but you all keep bringing it up, saying "it's not enough differentiation", and "blood elves are getting blue eyes in Shadowlands!", etc.
    Pretty much this lol

Now that's dead! Various shades of blue are coming to Void Elves so regardless of whether Blood Elves get blue eyes later, now people can't troll with the blue eyes comments 'he's your high elves look at my awesome blue eyes!' like some people have been doing.

Those arguments are also defunct now, because anti-side had to pretty much pin their focus on 'if blood elves get blue eyes that confirms they're high elves'. No, no it really doesn't.

High Elves being requested have nothing to do with what Blood Elves are or get. I hope people realize that now, and I would hope the trolling stops but can't expect much from people who get childish.

10+ Year Old Account

High elves' eyes on the right. Stars are aligning guys !
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

7+ Year Old Account
    The void elves also have green blue eyes. There's no way it will only be for purple void elves. That would look ridiculeous !

*Excited*
    Someone mentioned that it's because currently Void Elves only have one eye color and it would be weird for Blizzard to implement eye color sliders in the character customization but not allow any options for Void Elves.

I was like makes so much sense.

Which means there's probably going to be some standardization of character customization options. Just like we're beginning to see jewelry options on Blood Elves, Humans, Gnomes, etc. And looks like almost every race is getting tattoo options.

If Void Elves get access to tattoo options like Alleria.... !

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, you can't. And never could. We have blood elves, and void elves, but not Alliance high elves. The Alliance high elf option is not currently available. And never was.
    Fixed that.

You CAN play the High Elf race right now, you just can't play the group of them that are aligned with the Alliance.

I know that's why you want them, and I'm not against the desire or even the potential actual addition of that faction. Just making sure the facts stay clear.

The High Elf race is already playable, but it's not the group of them that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I'm down for druids for High Elves!! It can be explained with their kinship among the wildhammer ...
    Indeed, there are so many avenues in this.

Elves love the forests and nature, it's part of the race's set up, jut like magic, and druidism is the magical expression of nature love. I find it very palusible for high elves to be druids, and that is one of the key reasons.

I always felt that shamanism was the horde races counter/version of druidsm, but when they gave Tauren druidism they showed us they were going to share certain key classes and features across several races. It was odd to see the Thalassian elf left out, since nature and forest love has always been a part of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Fixed that.

You CAN play the High Elf race right now, you just can't play the group of them that are aligned with the Alliance.

I know that's why you want them, and I'm not against the desire or even the potential actual addition of that faction. Just making sure the facts stay clear.

The High Elf race is already playable, but it's not the group of them that you want.
    True very true. But that's always want was meant when High Elf fans said 'I want to play a High Elf'. Cuz that's literally what that group of Alliance High Elves call themselves.

It's always been a misnomer and red herring by those opposed to treat the "I want to play a High Elf" statements as about the high elf race in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Indeed, there are so many avenues in this.

Elves love the forests and nature, it's part of the race's set up, jut like magic, and druidism is the magical expression of nature love. I find it very palusible for high elves to be druids, and that is one of the key reasons.

I always felt that shamanism was the horde races counter/version of druidsm, but when they gave Tauren druidism they showed us they were going to share certain key classes and features across several races. It was odd to see the Thalassian elf left out, since nature and forest love has always been a part of them.
    It also further strays from relying on the Sunwell, or better yet focusing on the Sunwell - which is the forte of the Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Skywall? Well having in mind that you're pushing away teh whole Shaman idea, it makes Skywall an even more outlandish idea, IMHO the HEs are less magical than the BEs, so i assume their city should represent that, most likely a combination of Human Architecture with Elven architecture, like Dalaran, that still holds its magical feeling and show the connection between this 2 races.
    Does not compute.

Having skywall doesn't make you a shaman, or require you to be shaman, the reason elves don't do shamanism is because they have the arcane and druidism. With the arcane they deal with elements, they actualy can create elemental fire, water, earth, air etc - they do this via the arcane. This is why the Night elves never had any need for shamanism, and druidism gives them a far deeper connection to the wilds, nature, flora and fauna that indulges their love.

You mean to tell me elven wizards are not able to handle elementals? Using Skywall does't mean you have eto be a shaman, nor does it mean that the city has to stay in the air.

An alternative would be that the High elves decide to create a replica of it, but imo, they should brin gthe city or part of it back into the physical plane.

Hello DeicideUH great to see you again! How's the alpha going? Recall you mentioning you got in.
    To be frank, these days have been so busy I couldn't even finish Bastion yet. And when I got free time to play, I was also plagued with disconnects.

The game is beautiful, but I'm not getting very immersed into the setting. The lack of the introductory experience and the total alien feel of the setting makes it hard for me to "feel" it.

I'm most interested in customization, thought, but it hasn't been implemented yet, and most races are buggy (human female eyes are the stuff of nightmares right now, lol).
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Man this is also another example of what I said.

Blizzard can take ONE color descriptive and turn it into multiple shades.

So talking about fair skin as if there's no other way to imagine it for Alliance High Elves is simply a cop out. Especially when it's already done for humans/dwarves/gnomes/kultirans/blood elves. Doubly so that they have 3 different variants of purple elves.

They took one eye color descriptor 'Blue' and developed multiple shades of it.

It also further strays from relying on the Sunwell, or better yet focusing on the Sunwell - which is the forte of the Blood Elves.
    Until about 15 years ago, it was also the forte of the High Elves that resided in and around Silvermoon City too, until they willingly left.

I think blood elves should get more options like orange, pink and red eyes.

And I find it weird that void elves aren't getting dark blue or purple eyes, the voidest colors...
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    To be frank, these days have been so busy I couldn't even finish Bastion yet. And when I got free time to play, I was also plagued with disconnects.

The game is beautiful, but I'm not getting very immersed into the setting. The lack of the introductory experience and the total alien feel of the setting makes it hard for me to "feel" it.

I'm most interested in customization, thought, but it hasn't been implemented yet, and most races are buggy (human female eyes are the stuff of nightmares right now, lol).
    I can relate to the busy-ness. And yeah I imagine the lack of introductions due to the 'get in there and start testing boys and gals!' can be pretty jarring.

Character customizations are my most look forward to feature as well, I'm surprised that it's clear they're working on it internally as they've been datamined but that it hasn't been implemented for character's yet.

I guess when they listed 'Initial Character Customizations' as a feature they may have included the redesign of the character customization as part of that and probably want to lock that down first.

Am I missing something, the current void elf eyes are blue with a purple tinge...it's likely the files are just different shades of that?

Or am I missing something.

- - - Updated - - -

I think blood elves should get more options like orange, pink and red eyes.

And I find it weird that void elves aren't getting dark blue or purple eyes, the voidest colors...
    Exactly. I agree with this. Although I don't object necessarily to blood elves having a blue eye option

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't get too excited yet, are they actually new ones? or just part of the existing ones in the file. If new, are you sure this is not going to give Blood elves a "high elf " option? I would temper my excitement with caution. you've been burnt before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Until about 15 years ago, it was also the forte of the High Elves that resided in and around Silvermoon City too, until they willingly left.
    Decade and a half is a long time. While Alleria was away for a millenia it's clear she hadn't thought Azeroth changed at all (being an elf and all).

But unlike Alleria most of the High Elves today (even back when implemented in Wrath) didn't praise the Sunwell or keep talking about how much they missed it. Sure you had that Quel'delar questline but after Wrath -> High Elves and Blood Elves have maintained their separation and are never ever shown to be intermingling again.

And even further, have been shown to have open animosity towards each other, from Cata to that one messenger stating Lor'the saying fuck off to Vereesa, to MoP and the Purge of Dal, or not playing nice during Suramar Insurrection, and fighting the Horde on Island Expeditions in BFA.

Alliance High Elves haven't been associated with the Sunwell for a long time. Talking from a game perspective, not in-game lore years. Because that's what's defining them more.