Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Am I missing something, the current void elf eyes are blue with a purple tinge...it's likely the files are just different shades of that?

Or am I missing something.
    Current void elf eyes are a plae shade of blue. I think Blizzard is going to give allied races eye color options at least, as the tech to select eyes is already implemented, which explains the different colors that have been found.

Exactly. I agree with this. Although I don't object necessarily to blood elves having a blue eye option
    At least they got a teal option, which is a nice mid-term between fel-corrupted and uncorrupted.

They should get fiery-orange, arcane-pink and red eyes as well, thought. And void elves should get purple and dark blue options.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Fixed that.
    Cute. But for anyone who paid the minimal amount of attention to what the pro-high-elf people are asking for, it's beyond obvious that "high elf" refers to the group of Alliance-aligned high elves.

We say "high elves" because the game itself makes a differentiation. We have "blood elves", the group of thalassian elves who are Horde-aligned, and "high elves", the group of thalassian elves who are Alliance-aligned.

There is a name for the whole race: Thalassian elves.

Which is why I believe the name "high elf" is warranted to call the Alliance-aligned high elves, since it's a moniker not used anymore by the blood elves in the game. Not to mention that it's much shorter than always writing "Alliance-aligned high elf"
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Cute. But for anyone who paid the minimal amount of attention to what the pro-high-elf people are asking for, it's beyond obvious that "high elf" refers to the group of Alliance-aligned high elves.

We say "high elves" because the game itself makes a differentiation. We have "blood elves", the group of thalassian elves who are Horde-aligned, and "high elves", the group of thalassian elves who are Alliance-aligned.

Which is why I believe the name "high elf" is warranted to call the Alliance-aligned high elves, since it's a moniker not used anymore by the blood elves in the game. Not to mention that it's much shorter than always writing "Alliance-aligned high elf"
    Yeah, much more succinct than what I said, I'll leave that convo at that. Also pretty much everyone involved here understands what's meant when 'High Elf' is brought up and only people that are snarky or smart-asses will go 'yOu mEAN ThE bLoOD eLVes?'

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Decade and a half is a long time. While Alleria was away for a millenia it's clear she hadn't thought Azeroth changed at all (being an elf and all).
    It depends on what context you're talking about. Alleria also didn't really know she was gone for that long...and she wasn't, it just seemed like she was, she was gone like ~20-25 years in Azeroth time. She disappeared shortly before the events of The Third War (edit: not Frozen Throne, my bad had my Warcraft games mixed up for a sec).

But unlike Alleria most of the High Elves today (even back when implemented in Wrath) didn't praise the Sunwell or keep talking about how much they missed it. Sure you had that Quel'delar questline but after Wrath -> High Elves and Blood Elves have maintained their separation and are never ever shown to be intermingling again.

And even further, have been shown to have open animosity towards each other, from Cata to that one messenger stating Lor'the saying fuck off to Vereesa, to MoP and the Purge of Dal, or not playing nice during Suramar Insurrection, and fighting the Horde on Island Expeditions in BFA.
    I'm sure you realize that to the Blood Elves, which are technically the de facto continuation of the High Elven culture considering they represent 90%+ of the remaining High Elven population and still reside within the High Elf capital city, the High Elves that left and joined the Alliance are traitors.

This is akin to the British that left Britain back in the day to come to America...there was a lot of bad blood at that time.

Alliance High Elves haven't been associated with the Sunwell for a long time. Talking from a game perspective, not in-game lore years. Because that's what's defining them more.
    They're one and the same though. That said, because of the presence of magic in this universe a lot can happen in 15 years...or even 15 minutes (void elves). Also, since the introduction of the Arcan'dor in Suramar any kind of magical addiction or reliance to survive can be cured by simply eating it's fruit, so there's no longer any need for any surviving Blood Elf, High Elf, Nightborne, etc... to be slaves to their addictions.

The Sunwell at this point, is simply a part of their culture, a symbol of their people, and a huge font of arcane and holy energy that must be protected. Obviously residing near it will have effects, but they no longer have to be reliant on it to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, but as we know, there ARE people that either still don't get it, don't care to get it...or are simply too dim to understand.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2020-04-23 at 03:50 PM.

It depends on what context you're talking about. Alleria also didn't really know she was gone for that long...and she wasn't, it just seemed like she was, she was gone like ~15 years in Azeroth time. She disappeared shortly before the events of The Frozen Throne.
    No, she disappeared for a few decades. The events of Beyond the Dark Portal happened before the ones from Day of the Dragon, and at least a decade and half prior to Thrall escaping Durnhold. Thrall was an infant when the Dark Portal fell.

I'm sure you realize that to the Blood Elves, which are technically the de facto continuation of the High Elven culture
    And yet their first act of redefining their culture was to discard the name of the high elves away.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    No, she disappeared for a few decades. The events of Beyond the Dark Portal happened before the ones from Day of the Dragon, and at least a decade and half prior to Thrall escaping Durnhold. Thrall was an infant when the Dark Portal fell.
    I corrected that after I posted. You're right.

And yet their first act of redefining their culture was to discard the name of the high elves away.
    In honor of their fallen brethren from the events of the Third War, it was out of reverence and respect, not disdain or disgust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Does not compute.

Having skywall doesn't make you a shaman, or require you to be shaman, the reason elves don't do shamanism is because they have the arcane and druidism. With the arcane they deal with elements, they actualy can create elemental fire, water, earth, air etc - they do this via the arcane. This is why the Night elves never had any need for shamanism, and druidism gives them a far deeper connection to the wilds, nature, flora and fauna that indulges their love.

You mean to tell me elven wizards are not able to handle elementals? Using Skywall does't mean you have eto be a shaman, nor does it mean that the city has to stay in the air.

An alternative would be that the High elves decide to create a replica of it, but imo, they should brin gthe city or part of it back into the physical plane.
    Well Skywall is basically the realm of the Air Elementals, why would such beings would let other mortals in there if they have no real connection to them?

And making a replica of a place that have such a strong connection to the Elementals without having any connection to the Elementals themselves feels weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    In honor of their fallen brethren from the events of the Third War, it was out of reverence and respect, not disdain or disgust.
    I mean they also changed up how their society focused on things too.

Survival was put at the forefront, a very defining trait for Blood Elves. It's a recurring theme that gets brought up among them only. Never with High Elves, even when the split occurred.

Then there's the creation of the Blood Knights and history with how that formed to what they are today. Again based around the Sunwell itself, holding it in high reverence religiously, unlike the High Elves who Blizzard specifically took out their speech broadcasts relating to it and you don't see the Sunwell talked about as constantly as it emanates from the Blood Elves.

There's pretty square and easy to make distinctions between the Blood Elves and the High Elves which is why anyone who tells someone to go play a Blood Elf is ignorant or intentionally being obtuse about it.

EDIT: and by the by I could go on more by talking about how Blood Elves still tend to stay relatively xenophobic or among other elves vs High Elves that are thematically regarded as choosing their friends over family, having that loyalty to Alliance, co-mingling with other races as pointed by Elisande etc etc.

But I don't wanna get back into regurgitating this cycle of discussion so I'll leave this at that as well. It's easy to define what's important to Blood Elven society over what's important to High Elven society.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2020-04-23 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    *Fingers crossed* my friend. But we shall wait and see.
    But in all cases, they're giving high elves' eyes to void elves so I have a good feeling about it.
    Eye color was one of the few distinguishing aesthetics separating high from blood elves and later blood from void elves. I think keeping blood elves and void elves separate is for the best if the insist on adhering to the double standard of not blurring the faction lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I mean they also changed up how their society focused on things too.

Survival was put at the forefront, a very defining trait for Blood Elves. It's a recurring theme that gets brought up among them only. Never with High Elves, even when the split occurred.

Then there's the creation of the Blood Knights and history with how that formed to what they are today. Again based around the Sunwell itself, holding it in high reverence religiously, unlike the High Elves who Blizzard specifically took out their speech broadcasts relating to it and you don't see the Sunwell talked about as constantly as it emanates from the Blood Elves.

There's pretty square and easy to make distinctions between the Blood Elves and the High Elves which is why anyone who tells someone to go play a Blood Elf is ignorant or intentionally being obtuse about it.
    Not that I'm disagreeing with you here, but I'm fairly certain that an event that literally wiped out ~90% of the population would change the way you do things, change your priorities and make survival a pretty important aspect of those priorities.

I agree with the rest of your argument though, regarding Blood Elves and High Elves and people being obtuse about telling someone to just play a Blood Elf.

Well guys i just gave up. Going Horde with my personal version of Blood elf, RPing him as an Alliance ally.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the only reason "blue eyes" repeatedly shows up in conversation is because the anti-high-elf posters such as yourself keep bringing it up? The color of the eyes is meaningless, but you all keep bringing it up, saying "it's not enough differentiation", and "blood elves are getting blue eyes in Shadowlands!", etc.
    Given there is an entire page and a half following this comment devoted to this because of the opinion of a single dataminer I am calling bullshit on that.

Also, eye colour is meaningless as a method of differentiation. And we may still be getting the blue eyed option, as it is too early to tell exactly what is happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Given there is an entire page and a half following this comment devoted to this because of the opinion of a single dataminer I am calling bullshit on that.

Also, eye colour is meaningless as a method of differentiation. And we may still be getting the blue eyed option, as it is too early to tell exactly what is happening.
    Blood elves can't have access to blue eyes option now...

Because otherwise it would blurr the faction line
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Which, again, is unlikely to have happened if the anti-high-elf posters didn't bring it up and use it to taunt the pro-high-elf side by saying "blue eyes should go/is going to the Horde".
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

It probably means nothing for potential HE down the line (either as VE customization or not) but if we ever get a full HE race, here are the classes I'd like them to have :

Warrior : They are a staple of each race, even Blood Elves have them when they initially didn't.

Priest : Priests were among the most devoted Alliance supporter back in Warcraft III so it's obvious that High Elves should have them

Rogue : High Elves are few, and their organizations have need of such individuals, both to sabotage their foes and spy on them easily

Hunter : Vereesa is a former Farstrider and the Silver Covenant plus the Quel'Danil Lodge are very hunter oriented - the SC even lent troops to Trueshot Lodge

Paladin : I know, I know it's cliché as fuck, but well, it works, we all know it. PLus, the Alliance is seriously lagging behind the Horde in terme of races who can be the faction's former iconic class (being Shaman for Horde)

Druid : I think that they should take some knowledge from the Night Elves, Gilneans and Kul tirans here.

Shaman : Wildhammers are the second shamanistic ethnic group of the Alliance after the Draenei so considering that both the dwarves and the Exiled Ones live in Quel'Danil, it's obvious to me that High Elves should have access to this class

Now, you may be wondering where mages are ? Well, I think High Elves shouldnt have access to them. It's a need to differentiate them easily from all other elves, and even to build something unique to them.

I'd have Vereesa, the elders of Stormwind and Quel'Danil expressedly reject Quel'Thalas, stating that they aren't citizens in exiles from this land but the founders of something new - which would help differenciate with the Void Elves being more magic oriented at all costs and determined to bring Quel'thalas back to the Alliance. high Elven mages would be absorbed into the Void Elves, bolstering their ranks and making them the truly première arcane magic force of the Alliance at the same time.

Meanwhile, the recruitement for the High Elves would have us gather Vereesa, the head of the Stormwind HE and lead them to Quel'Danil, where they decide that their people will live. They'll also hunt down the nearest Forest Trolls (not the Revantusks, the other ones to the South) after those ones failed an attack on them, and claim their lands (so Horde players will have one more reason to hate them) and they'll considerably expand their presence in the Hinterland, bolstering the Alliance presence in the Western portion of the zone, linking it fully to Gilneas, the South of Hillsbrad and Arathi.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which, again, is unlikely to have happened if the anti-high-elf posters didn't bring it up and use it to taunt the pro-high-elf side by saying "blue eyes should go/is going to the Horde".
    I remember when these were datamined https://www.wowhead.com/news=311958/...in-shadowlands

And anti-helfers came out of the woodworks spending over a page and half taunting high elfers about it.

It's funny to see the shoe on the other foot and people now going 'well it's meaningless anyway why are you making such a big deal over it! We can still get it for Blood Elves it's not over yet!'

When those types of comments from high elfers were seen as being 'desperate' and 'clinging to whatever little bit they can'. It's literally the shoe being on the other foot now.

Which backs up what I've kept saying previously, if Horde had an NPC race equivalent to Alliance's High Elves that were highly requested for a long time and never got them and instead got something no one asked for you would see Horde players, as anti-helf people put it, 'throwing tantrums'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    It probably means nothing for potential HE down the line (either as VE customization or not) but if we ever get a full HE race, here are the classes I'd like them to have :

Warrior : They are a staple of each race, even Blood Elves have them when they initially didn't.

Priest : Priests were among the most devoted Alliance supporter back in Warcraft III so it's obvious that High Elves should have them

Rogue : High Elves are few, and their organizations have need of such individuals, both to sabotage their foes and spy on them easily

Hunter : Vereesa is a former Farstrider and the Silver Covenant plus the Quel'Danil Lodge are very hunter oriented - the SC even lent troops to Trueshot Lodge

Paladin : I know, I know it's cliché as fuck, but well, it works, we all know it. PLus, the Alliance is seriously lagging behind the Horde in terme of races who can be the faction's former iconic class (being Shaman for Horde)

Druid : I think that they should take some knowledge from the Night Elves, Gilneans and Kul tirans here.

Shaman : Wildhammers are the second shamanistic ethnic group of the Alliance after the Draenei so considering that both the dwarves and the Exiled Ones live in Quel'Danil, it's obvious to me that High Elves should have access to this class

Now, you may be wondering where mages are ? Well, I think High Elves shouldnt have access to them. It's a need to differentiate them easily from all other elves, and even to build something unique to them.

I'd have Vereesa, the elders of Stormwind and Quel'Danil expressedly reject Quel'Thalas, stating that they aren't citizens in exiles from this land but the founders of something new - which would help differenciate with the Void Elves being more magic oriented at all costs and determined to bring Quel'thalas back to the Alliance. high Elven mages would be absorbed into the Void Elves, bolstering their ranks and making them the truly première arcane magic force of the Alliance at the same time.

Meanwhile, the recruitement for the High Elves would have us gather Vereesa, the head of the Stormwind HE and lead them to Quel'Danil, where they decide that their people will live. They'll also hunt down the nearest Forest Trolls (not the Revantusks, the other ones to the South) after those ones failed an attack on them, and claim their lands (so Horde players will have one more reason to hate them) and they'll considerably expand their presence in the Hinterland, bolstering the Alliance presence in the Western portion of the zone, linking it fully to Gilneas, the South of Hillsbrad and Arathi.
    I agree with you. No need to keep the High elves tied to Quel'Thalas.
    The Hinterlands would be a wonderful place for them to live in. Nice dwarf and troll vibes. The beauty of the zone is also stunning. Located near to the Kingdom of Stromgarde.

If High elves are eventually a thing, I will play a hunter and RP over there all the time !
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

7+ Year Old Account
    The main point too is now it doesn't matter.

Void Elves are getting multiple blue eye options. Therefore if Blood Elves get them too, it's ok for someone to go "Blood Elves are getting Void Elf customization so Void Elves should get Blood Elf customization too".

Which is what I was pointing out earlier about the recent EU thread, that is essentially what is happening amongst respondents in that thread. VE players asking for options available to BE and BE players asking for options available to VE.

We'll see where Blizzard stands as they did say it's 'faction identity is important' right?

- - - Updated - - -

The amount of Paladins lacking on the Alliance compared to Horde Shamans is straight travesty. But that makes me think we'll most likely get more Paladin races incoming to Alliance in the future.

10+ Year Old Account

Shaman : Wildhammers are the second shamanistic ethnic group of the Alliance after the Draenei so considering that both the dwarves and the Exiled Ones live in Quel'Danil, it's obvious to me that High Elves should have access to this class.
    I think paladin can be done for high elves, as we do have "high elves shieldbearers" in the Paladin Order Hall, but I think it's not really required.

However... I think druid and shaman are a bit of a stretch, as the race itself never had any real connections to nature in the way that is required for druidism, and the same thing goes for shamanism.

Obviously, death knight should be an allowed class, even using the default starting zone, and yes, they should be mages as well, considering the amount of high elf magisters we see.

3+ Year Old Account
    Paladin : I know, I know it's cliché as fuck, but well, it works, we all know it. PLus, the Alliance is seriously lagging behind the Horde in terme of races who can be the faction's former iconic class (being Shaman for Horde).
    It's not that "it just works", High Elves and Dwarves are both part of the Church of the Holy Light before the First War and given that some Dwarves became Paladins, why not? If the High Elves had Priests and Swordsmen, what's stopping them to mix them to be Paladins?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.