1. #15761
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Ahhh ok!

    Looks like way too many were jumping too quickly to conclusions from the very first build lol

  2. #15762
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    nearly dead bunch of refugees
    Nobody will take you seriously if you are this antagonistic, especially if it's done on purpose. The high elves aren't "dead" or even "nearly dead". And you saying that only shows how you not only you're not being objective here, but you are not even attempting to be and seem to be relishing in how biased you are.

  3. #15763
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post




    And yet belves only got green/teal/gold eyes.
    Whatever...

  4. #15764
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Nobody will take you seriously if you are this antagonistic, especially if it's done on purpose. The high elves aren't "dead" or even "nearly dead". And you saying that only shows how you not only you're not being objective here, but you are not even attempting to be and seem to be relishing in how biased you are.
    Look we've been over this for years and it's old. They are nearly dead. They are a fraction of a race that was defined as being on the verge of extinction themselves in lore. The developers have cited their near extinction as the lore justification for their absence. Everything else we can argue over and you continually dispute the actual rock solid facts on the matter. I can produce a literal wall of text on the matter consisting of numerous sources confirming it and attributing a restatement of that fact (admittedly with a generous helping of snark) to me lacking objectivity, when you are content to ignore literally everything Blizzard has ever said that affirms it, is denial and hypocrisy.

  5. #15765
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post



    High elves' eyes on the right. Stars are aligning guys !
    Is left Blood Elf eyes and right Void Elf?

    Does this mean Void elves are going to get untainted skin and hair colors too?
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2020-04-23 at 09:38 PM.

  6. #15766
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Is left Blood Elf eyes and right Void Elf?
    Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Does this mean Void elves are foing to get untainted skin and hair colors too?
    The world may never know jk lol atm that's still up in the air

  7. #15767
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Ahhh ok!

    Looks like way too many were jumping too quickly to conclusions from the very first build lol
    In favour of jumping the gun on the apparent second since you've now concluded that not only are blue eyes restricted to the Alliance, but fair skin options are in the bag also. Now, tangentially, if they are preserving blue eyes to differentiate Void Elves from Blood Elves, then there will be little prospect for them granting fair skin options to the Void Elves on the same principle of differentiating Void Elves from Blood Elves. And yes, I noticed you said 'fair' earlier, not 'human range'. So all those lovely dark skinned options the Blood Elves are getting (and which high elves, as the exact same race, would share in) don't interest you? What a surprise.

    As for the latest update.

    Wowhead has not apparently reached this conclusion as I don't see them commentating on it. Of course they probably haven't looked. Turns out Keyboard Turner has a special interest...

    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...59993647927298

    If you're going to go on some long-winded argument about how high elves will never happen because of Ion or how we should settle for like 3 void elf skins and 2 hairstyles to choose from, I don't care about what you say.

    So someone with a pro High Elf outlook goes looking for a problem with blue eyes and in another surprise seemingly finds them. In an alpha build. Of an unimplemented feature. And her evidence happens to be her own determinations on the irises. Of course if you compare them side by side...



    They look fairly identical to me except for the colours, even the contrast between sclera and iris.

    No other parent, core race seemingly has allied race customisations associated in any way with them, let alone the customisation that has happened to be the most controversial on the forums for the past few months. Isn't it funny that the one allied race customisation found in datamining happens to be blue eyes and associated with the Blood Elf files? What are the chances? Why wasn't it Dark Iron Dwarf customisation in Dwarves? Why wasn't it Lightforged Draenei customisation in Draenei? Why wasn't it Mag'har Orc customisation in Orcs? Why not Nightborne customisation under Night Elves?

    Nope, it happened on one single feature out of the hundreds they are developing and it just happens to be the most controversial one. What are the chances?

    Now maybe this is as you believe. That a single biased dataminer has found out that alone of the hundreds of options datamined, the blue eyes on Blood Elves are actually intended for their allied race variant, despite the fact no other allied race customisation has been found in any other of the core races and it happens to have been found on the one customisation option that is guaranteed to generate a complete shit show either way. This COULD be what has happened.

    But forgive me if I decide to wait for the actual options to be hooked up by Blizzard BEFORE I make a final call.

  8. #15768
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    And yet belves only got green/teal/gold eyes.
    But look at all the different shades of gold/green

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    In favour of jumping the gun on the apparent second since you've now concluded that not only are blue eyes restricted to the Alliance, but fair skin options are in the bag also. Now, tangentially, if they are preserving blue eyes to differentiate Void Elves from Blood Elves, then there will be little prospect for them granting fair skin options to the Void Elves on the same principle of differentiating Void Elves from Blood Elves. And yes, I noticed you said 'fair' earlier, not 'human range'. So all those lovely dark skinned options the Blood Elves are getting (and which high elves, as the exact same race, would share in) don't interest you? What a surprise.
    You're grasping at straws is so apparent now and hilarious.

    1) This whole eye separation discovery started on page 806, where did I said "fair skins are in the bag"?

    2) 'fair' was used because the context was me saying they took a single eye color decriptor (blue) and developed varying shades of it where only 1 or 2 existed prior. Again, grasping at straws.

    I'd love human range, more options the better! Hopefully in that world they'd have the ability to be Paladins too

    Rest is blah blah Obelisk Kai hates Alliance High Elves with every fiber of his being dribble that I didn't bother to read. Because all it will do is lead to the only thing you seem to find grativating:

    Going back and forth on tangents that aren't relevant and bringing in things people aren't concerned over besides you.

  9. #15769
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Does this mean Void elves are foing to get untainted skin and hair colors too?

    Yes, I think that with new customizations for the void elves, we will have the best compromise to finally have the high elves in the alliance.

    It's the best solution for Blizzard, less work.

    I want to be like this! lol


  10. #15770
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Yes!


    The world may never know jk lol atm that's still up in the air
    Thanks for clarifying!

    Void elves should be able to drain out their void taint, as blood elves managed to replace fel with holy as well

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Yes, I think that with new customizations for the void elves, we will have the best compromise to finally have the high elves in the alliance.

    It's the best solution for Blizzard, less work.

    I want to be like this! lol

    This would be awesome!

    Still want the farstrider markings on both blood and void elves as well

  11. #15771
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Let me restate this clearly: It doesn't matter whether Blood Elves get blue eyes anymore because we know Void Elves are getting more blue eyes shades already.

    If someone is making the argument that 'faction identity dictates race exclusive customizations' then that applies to both sides. Not 'blood elves get access to everything they want and void elves get the scraps'.

    Once the pandora's box of mixing customizations occurs: aka blue eyes is the realm of void elves currently when speaking of playable thalassians, giving those to blood elves opens up void elf players to asking for blood elf skin colors in turn.

    It's a 'Ball is in Blizzard's court how they decide to handle it' where I said there's no way in hell they're going to treat players of Allied Races like second rate citizens.

    And that's exactly the message that would be sent if Void Elf players wish to look like Alleria as their most prominent request and they don't get to while Blood Elves get to take Velf blue eyes, and Alleria's markings (as being asked in that EU thread).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Thanks for clarifying!

    Void elves should be able to drain out their void taint, as blood elves managed to replace fel with holy as well
    Pretty much preaching to the choir from what I've seen from Void Elf players! This also supports even more strongly what Afrasiabi said in that it's possible for High Elf fantasy to be obtained through Void Elf customization!

  12. #15772
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Let me restate this clearly: It doesn't matter whether Blood Elves get blue eyes anymore because we know Void Elves are getting more blue eyes shades already.
    No you don't. It's only speculation right now.

  13. #15773
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    1) This whole eye separation discovery started on page 806, where did I said "fair skins are in the bag"?
    You've been operating on that assumption for quite a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    2) 'fair' was used because the context was me saying they took a single eye color decriptor (blue) and developed varying shades of it where only 1 or 2 existed prior. Again, grasping at straws.
    So if the 'human range skin tones' they offered were the new darker tones, you'd count that as a win then? You could live without the fairer skins Blood Elves have currently? After all, Blood Elves won't have access to the Void Elf skin tones because, you know, Void Elves, so it wouldn't be fair to share all Blood Elf tones with the Void Elves because then velfs would have more. So maybe just sharing the new ones is best, that way nobody has prior claim to them!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I'd love human range, more options the better! Hopefully in that world they'd have the ability to be Paladins too
    A Void Elf with human range skin tones is still a Void Elf. And a Void Elf Paladin is a contradiction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Rest is blah blah Obelisk Kai hates Alliance High Elves with every fiber of his being dribble that I didn't bother to read. Because all it will do is lead to the only thing you seem to find grativating:

    Going back and forth on tangents that aren't relevant and bringing in things people aren't concerned over besides you.
    You've been on a victory parade since this news came in. It's the same story with you, find something vaguely supportive of what you want, blow it entirely out of proportion and then be disappointed very shortly afterwards when your grandiose predictions come to nothing. What is happening now is almost textbook. We've been here before.

    You didn't address a single point I raised because it is inconvenient to acknowledge there are in fact issues. The dataminer IS biased. It IS odd that the sole option for an allied race 'found' happens to be the most controversial one possible. It IS an alpha build on an unreleased feature. And the blue eyes and golden eyes look identical when placed side by side.

    As I said, maybe she is right in her analysis. But her motives are suspect, and she was clearly looking for problems from the get go. It's offering hostages to fortune to declare victory this early though.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2020-04-23 at 09:56 PM.

  14. #15774
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post

    Pretty much preaching to the choir from what I've seen from Void Elf players! This also supports even more strongly what Afrasiabi said in that it's possible for High Elf fantasy to be obtained through Void Elf customization!
    I still think that the silver covenant should be a playable race on its own due to its lore presence, but void elves getting them, i dont mind as well. Its like the same merge that happened with bronzebeards and wildhammers
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2020-04-23 at 09:58 PM.

  15. #15775
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    No you don't. It's only speculation right now.
    Nothing's confirmed cuz it's beta but that's like looking at the human hair customizations/blood elf skin colors/draenei skin colors/worgen fur colors etc etc and saying 'we don't know if we're getting ANY of this, we could get nothing!' (while completely ignoring that blizzard said initial character customizations will be coming later this month )

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    As I said, maybe she is right in her analysis. But her motives are suspect, and she was clearly looking for problems from the get go. It's offering hostages to fortune to declare victory this early though.
    She found red/purple/orange eye glows and assumed they were for blood elves, she even assumed the blue glows were for blood elves because they matched very similarly.

    We now know why, because Void Elves and Blood Elves share an exact same model besides the surface level details.

    And turns out those other colors looks more likely to be for Undead eye colors as DeicideUH posted.

    Alpha is Alpha, Beta is Beta, things can change or not appear as they seem. Keyboardturner knows that, which is why what they thought was for blood elves ended up on Forsaken.

    How is that someone who has a bias? Like I said, picking apart what you want and grasping at straws. It's getting ridiculous at this point how easy it is to prove you wrong.

  16. #15776
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Nothing's confirmed cuz it's beta but that's like looking at the human hair customizations/blood elf skin colors/draenei skin colors/worgen fur colors etc etc and saying 'we don't know if we're getting ANY of this, we could get nothing!' (while completely ignoring that blizzard said initial character customizations will be coming later this month )
    It's actually Alpha right now, not Beta. And it's still speculation because they specifically said no Allied Races would be getting updates and in case you forgot Void Elves are an Allied Race.

  17. #15777
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Is left Blood Elf eyes and right Void Elf?

    Does this mean Void elves are going to get untainted skin and hair colors too?
    It most likely means that (some) allied races may get eye color options.
    There's nothing so far to indicate that they will get options beyond that.
    Whatever...

  18. #15778
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I still think that the silver covenant should be a playable race on its own due to its lore presence, but void elves getting them, i dont mind as well. Its like the same merge that happened with bronzebeards and wildhammers
    I would still prefer this too. I think matrix in another thread posted a pic of the Paladin trainer in the redone Orgrimmar class trainer building.

    Looks hilarious because it's a Blood Elf Paladin dressed from head to toe in blue/silver get up of the Order of the Silver Hand and it's funny to see how those colorations look so out of place within the Horde.

    transplant that armor onto a high elf in Stormwind and everything goes together

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    It's actually Alpha right now, not Beta. And it's still speculation because they specifically said no Allied Races would be getting updates and in case you forgot Void Elves are an Allied Race.
    They've already confirmed small things like LF Draenei getting tail customization will happen too because it's being worked on for regular Draenei. When it happens is a different matter and when they answered "no AR getting increased customization, just original races" they meant for when Shadowlands releases.

    As DeicideUH points out just below this post of yours, it's just indication some, if not all, AR are getting eye color options. Because remember the character customization menu has changed and has a lot of sliders.

    I would be hard pressed to find races that aren't like Mechagnomes (so ones with 'normal eyes') not getting multiple eye options. Void Elves are clearly getting options as the file representations fit.

    Just like when Blood Elf bow animations got fixed because they were working on Void Elves to implement them into the live game. Same for posture options for Mag'har translating to posture options for Green Orcs.

    It's relatable work that is easy to incorporate to whatever is the current goal. AKA "I am working to add more shades of eye color to Blood Elves, since Void Elves are very similar I can add more shades of eye color to them as well."

    A real world example of this is someone organizing paperwork at work and then finding out that on the shelf nearby there's more paperwork that can be organized too so doing that as well. Or changing a car's brakes and then deciding since you're working on the wheels may as well rotate them too etc.

  19. #15779
    A draenei option which is 100% likely to be available for an allied race, the lightforged draenei.


  20. #15780
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    A draenei option which is 100% likely to be available for an allied race, the lightforged draenei.

    Exactly, and what's funny is this was already worked on for the LF Draenei before being implemented because that animation is from Legion I think? Before LF Draenei were fully released.

    So it's more like they're taking existing work they did on an Allied Race and applying it to an original race for Shadowlands. Rather than vice versa. Which that vice versa will most likely happen after the original races get their customizations in and done for Shadowlands.

    Backs up my point precisely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •