10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    I totally forgot Death Knights...

But I'm really against mages being playable for Hight Elves. Now that Night Elves have relaxed, it should be High Elves taking the torch for non-mages allowed. The creation of the Void Elves should, ironically, exacerbate it. I mean, in recent years, they have fought bitterly with their former brethren, who relishes in their use and abuse of the Arcane, then the Nightborne who are worse, and then discovered that some of the Blood Elves are so enamored with dangerous powers that they became Void Tainted in its pursuit.

It'd also help to thematically distinguish between Void and High Elves.
    I think it'd be a tough thing to sell, considering that we do have many high elf magisters around in the game. High elves haven't shunned the use of magic. That's the same thing as saying that high elves shouldn't be paladins, despite we having high elf shieldbearers for the paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Blue eyes (for Blood Elves) should go to the Horde.
    This single line of yours completely destroys all of your "faction identity/faction lines" arguments, I hope you understand that.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    This single line of yours completely destroys all of your "faction identity/faction lines" arguments, I hope you understand that.
    The existence of void elves already did a long time ago. Now the only question is if they'll cave on colors. Blizzard already gave the model away. So now the alliance have blue eyed, blue skinned blood elves.
    Last edited by delus; 2020-04-23 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you accept your flawed premise that a nearly dead bunch of refugees who didn't do squat in the fourth war constitute a major part of the Alliance.

I want you to know I checked. They still aren't playable. As such blue eyes remain what they always were, an eye colour, which should to Blood Elves because more options is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The existence of void elves already did a long time ago. Now the only question is if they'll have on colors. Blizzard already gave the model away. So now the alliance have blue eyed, blue skinned blood elves.
    If they end up using the blue eye colour to differentiate Void Elves from Blood Elves, how likely do you think it is they'll cave on the far more profound skin tone differences?

Only if you accept your flawed premise that a nearly dead bunch of refugees who didn't do squat in the fourth war constitute a major part of the Alliance.

I want you to know I checked. They still aren't playable. As such blue eyes remain what they always were, an eye colour, which should to Blood Elves because more options is good.

- - - Updated - - -

If they end up using the blue eye colour to differentiate Void Elves from Blood Elves, how likely do you think it is they'll cave on the far more profound skin tone differences?
    They won't. And blood elf players will never get that option. I would be open to the factions having both options though. Personally I believe the faction identity argument to be stupid. But if you want to adhere to it, there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked a High elf saved Anduin's life in Lordaeron.
    One brought her high elven glaives in Durotar.
    Another was making portal so the Alliance can conquer the kingdom of Stromgarde. And it did.

Lor'Themar for example, didn't bother bringing his own troops during the battle of Lordaeron, the battle for Zul'Dazar and even the Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0 making him useless, as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

They won't. And blood elf players will never get that option..
    Yeah. And that's a really good thing for both high elf fans and the sanity of this thread.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

5+ Year Old Account
    They won't. And blood elf players will never get that option. I would be open to the factions having both options though. Personally I believe the faction identity argument to be stupid. But if you want to adhere to it, there you go.
    Well damn someone (not you) has got some venomous words against High Elves, never seen a fictional race affect someone so deeply, wonder what caused it.

Also it's pretty much confirmed at the very least that Void Elves will be getting those blue options we see. So now the landscape is looking like

1) Blue Eyed Thalassians will be on Alliance, it's just a question of whether some sort of fair skin options will follow. A question that likely won't be answered until we get to Allied Race customizations and who knows how long till that happens.

2) Ball's in Blood Elven court whether they get Blue Eyes or not.

What it tells us is that it's going to be a case of either blue eyes thalassians stay as an Alliance identity, or blue eyes thalassians becomes available as player options to both sides.

It clearly steers us away from "If you want to play blue-eyed Thalassians your only option is play to Horde" . As that's the case some dissenters were making it seem like (what with pokes at BE DK character customization and what not).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only blue. But purple and green blue eyes ! That's fuck*ng cool !
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

5+ Year Old Account
    We also gotta remember that keyboardturner also data-mined purple/red/orange eyes as well as those blue eyes among, presumably at the time, Blood Elves in the earlier build.

What changed in this new build? Well looks like they distinguished and polished up the eye colors. And so far it appear only gold/green/teal went to Blood Elves and all those blue options to Void Elves.

Wonder what happened to the red/purple/orange options? Will those come to pass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    We also gotta remember that keyboardturner also data-mined purple/red/orange eyes as well as those blue eyes among, presumably at the time, Blood Elves in the earlier build.

What changed in this new build? Well looks like they distinguished and polished up the eye colors. And so far it appear only gold/green/teal went to Blood Elves and all those blue options to Void Elves.

Wonder what happened to the red/purple/orange options? Will those come to pass?
    I guess they belong to the Ma'ghar orcs actually (speaking of the red and orange options)

There are also the High Elf NPCs that are being updated in the alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if it is related or not, but female high elf have a problem with enucleation according to Ian Bates.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I guess they belong to the Ma'ghar orcs actually (speaking of the red and orange options)
    not the crazy looking eyes that are obviously mag'har. There were ones similar to other blood elf designs (guess we should say Thalassian now cuz they seem to share filenames )

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...43852856176641

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    not the crazy looking eyes that are obviously mag'har. There were ones similar to other blood elf designs (guess we should say Thalassian now cuz they seem to share filenames )

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...43852856176641
    Those are probably for forsaken.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...34535321358336
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-04-23 at 08:51 PM.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Ahhh ok!

Looks like way too many were jumping too quickly to conclusions from the very first build lol

10+ Year Old Account
    nearly dead bunch of refugees
    Nobody will take you seriously if you are this antagonistic, especially if it's done on purpose. The high elves aren't "dead" or even "nearly dead". And you saying that only shows how you not only you're not being objective here, but you are not even attempting to be and seem to be relishing in how biased you are.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

And yet belves only got green/teal/gold eyes.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody will take you seriously if you are this antagonistic, especially if it's done on purpose. The high elves aren't "dead" or even "nearly dead". And you saying that only shows how you not only you're not being objective here, but you are not even attempting to be and seem to be relishing in how biased you are.
    Look we've been over this for years and it's old. They are nearly dead. They are a fraction of a race that was defined as being on the verge of extinction themselves in lore. The developers have cited their near extinction as the lore justification for their absence. Everything else we can argue over and you continually dispute the actual rock solid facts on the matter. I can produce a literal wall of text on the matter consisting of numerous sources confirming it and attributing a restatement of that fact (admittedly with a generous helping of snark) to me lacking objectivity, when you are content to ignore literally everything Blizzard has ever said that affirms it, is denial and hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

High elves' eyes on the right. Stars are aligning guys !
    Is left Blood Elf eyes and right Void Elf?

Does this mean Void elves are going to get untainted skin and hair colors too?
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2020-04-23 at 09:38 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Is left Blood Elf eyes and right Void Elf?
    Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Does this mean Void elves are foing to get untainted skin and hair colors too?
    The world may never know jk lol atm that's still up in the air