1. #16081
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The likeliest result of this information is

    1.)Void Elves retain the blue eye colours and they are unique to them

    2.) Blood Elves retain the human range skin tones and they are unique to them.

    3.) High Elves are never added as a distinct option for the Alliance.
    4.) Ion loses his job and becomes the legendary flea man of Bee Canyon Wash.

  2. #16082
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post


    Pro HE now
    Lol, I honestly think the whole topic of High Elves over on the official forums is what made them see there's a big difference that exists.

    This is why I said ever since Ion's Q&A comment, no WoW developer has ever parroted that phrase. Even Ion himself didn't parrot his previous answer, despite him saying in the Q&A that 'blue eyes...sorry the horde is waiting for you' bit.

    It appears internally, after they saw what the High Elf community presented, they've never once continued to say High Elf fans should go play Blood Elves.

  3. #16083
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    The bold is perfect, and I'm glad that you - who stans Blood Elves - can also understand that!
    I like all them elves. Added my opinion of them all after you wrote to me!

  4. #16084
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I like all them elves. Added my opinion of them all after you wrote to me!
    Noted! I love all elves too, but High Elves are my personal favorite. Night Elves next

  5. #16085
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I don't want to give you false hope but all datamined races (except tauren) have had their body customization options (body / face tattoos included).
    All that is missing is the customization options for the "head", hairstyles, faces, jewelry ect ... humans were the first to have the addition in the new build.

    So I don't think the blood elves will have the high-elf farstrider customization option, they received body jewelry instead.
    They said that new customisation will come every patch.

    Also, I am more of magister fan so I prefer jewelry.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  6. #16086
    The Lightbringer Ardenaso's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I stand with based Othmar here

    F
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

  7. #16087
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,372
    So guys what do you think of my new signature?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  8. #16088
    The Lightbringer Ardenaso's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,074
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So guys what do you think of my new signature?
    that's nice and all but I'm still hoping Lightbound Orcs get in the Alliance first before the High Elves. Yrel's return is imminent
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

  9. #16089
    Bloodsail Admiral Sharby's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So guys what do you think of my new signature?
    Omg that's gotta' sting.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  10. #16090
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So guys what do you think of my new signature?
    Nice lol. And Ion saying they're for NPC options implicitly means that High Elves are in fact not as influenced by the Sunwell as their Blood Elven brethren.

  11. #16091
    I found a nice video which sums up what happened :O

    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-04-28 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Video

  12. #16092
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So guys what do you think of my new signature?
    I mean you're like 2 years late, cause void elves have been playable since 2018.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

  13. #16093
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Omg that's gotta' sting.
    On the topic of signature, I like yours

    I can make my own Baine Fanclub. Wouldn't have the same punch if you had to change it to: "Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, one of two members really."

  14. #16094
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Omg that's gotta' sting.
    Well, no it doesn't because that's not what was said. That's elbleuet quoting elbeluet.

  15. #16095
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean you're like 2 years late, cause void elves have been playable since 2018.
    Oh really ? I'm pretty much aware of it, since I was the first to speak about them in August 18.

    Void elves' eyes are not really blue. Not as blue as the eyes we're getting with the Night elves and the Void elves
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  16. #16096
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Nice lol. And Ion saying they're for NPC options implicitly means that High Elves are in fact not as influenced by the Sunwell as their Blood Elven brethren.
    He didn't say that, just as plenty of Blood Elves keep their green eyes for the time being, so the few remaining exiles probably retain their blue. But it's all a matter of time in the end.

  17. #16097
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    No, he said Blood Elves have evolved away from blue eyes, not that they have evolved away from high elves. As Blood Elves are the High Elf option, that means what a High Elf is has been updated.

    The exiles who claim the moniker do not have the right to define their race due to their vanishingly low numbers.
    Besides, the exiles are hooked up to the same Sunwell turning Blood Elf eyes golden. In time, they too will lose the blue eyes (if any of them remain).

    Blue eyes it seems belong to the Void Elves.
    You are making a whole heap of assumptions and subjective interpretations as always. By Ion's own words from the interview you love to quote, among the differences that very much do exist between Blood Elves and High Elves a big one is "in terms of their relationship to magic in the Sunwell". While some of the High Elves still make pilgrimages, they're all cut off from it more than the Blood Elves are who can bask in it's energies as much as they like (probably leading to some of them now having gained yellow eyes), whereas others like the elves of Quel'danil have sworn off magic altogether, which might mean they have cut themselves off from the Sunwell or at least somehow limit the effect it would have on them, leaving them unchanged (the Elves of Quil'lithien had a similar mindset if I understand it correctly, though now all but a few turned wretched or dead, but at least 3 survivors are shown in game). Regardless of how one interprets those facts, there's clearly SOME difference between the groups as far as the Sunwell's magic is concerned (as per Ion's words and in-game sources etc), so to just assume they'd be affected the same isn't a logical assumption to make.

    (not gonna try to argue against the lack of logic on the first part, but hey, keep telling yourself that ^^)

  18. #16098
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    He didn't say that.
    Blizzard never stated that Elven eyes change color based on what magic they use as well, but people took a comment on fel eyes for Blood Elves and extrapolated it to come up with headcanon reasoning on why Blood Elves should have blue/purple/red/orange etc you name it eye color. Ion shut all that headcanon down with his comment today.

    So excuse me if I exercise the same headcanoning atm, it's not a crime!

  19. #16099
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Oh really ? I'm pretty much aware of it, since I was the first to speak about them in August 18.

    Void elves' eyes are not really blue. Not as blue as the eyes we're getting with the Night elves and the Void elves
    So you were speaking about them, huh. I assume you are referring to that leak back in Legion about void elves and lightforged draenei. It's been too long.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

  20. #16100
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    You are making a whole heap of assumptions and subjective interpretations as always. By Ion's own words from the interview you love to quote, among the differences that very much do exist between Blood Elves and High Elves a big one is "in terms of their relationship to magic in the Sunwell". While some of the High Elves still make pilgrimages, they're all cut off from it more than the Blood Elves are who can bask in it's energies as much as they like (probably leading to some of them now having gained yellow eyes), whereas others like the elves of Quel'danil have sworn off magic altogether, which might mean they have cut themselves off from the Sunwell or at least somehow limit the effect it would have on them, leaving them unchanged (the Elves of Quil'lithien had a similar mindset if I understand it correctly, though now all but a few turned wretched or dead, but at least 3 survivors are shown in game). Regardless of how one interprets those facts, there's clearly SOME difference between the groups as far as the Sunwell's magic is concerned (as per Ion's words and in-game sources etc), so to just assume they'd be affected the same isn't a logical assumption to make.

    (not gonna try to argue against the lack of logic on the first part, but hey, keep telling yourself that ^^)
    Yes you're right. Even back then Ion did mention there's a difference in relationship to the Sunwell between Blood Elves and High Elves. Looks like we see what that difference is.

    High Elves aren't reliant on the Sunwell the same way Blood Elves worship it, and this difference is shown visually through High Elven blue eyes and Blood Elves being cut off from those options.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •