1. #16101
    Herald of the Titans Graden's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilneas City
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Ion just said that while Allied Races won't have extra customizations come release of Shadowlands, it is something they want to go back to after the traditional races have gotten theirs.

    He also said character customization is never-ending and it's always an ongoing process where they want to give people the ability to express themselves in a variety of ways.

    - - - Updated - - -

    HOLY SHIT ION JUST CONFIRMED NO BLUE EYE BLOOD ELVES CUZ THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR HOW THAT RACE EVOLVED!! And that those blue eye options will only be for NPC options atm.
    Yeah, indeed. I honestly did not expect that, I am very surprised.

  2. #16102
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    No blue-eyed blood elves in Shadowlands! Hell yeah!

  3. #16103
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,294
    Oh my god. That hurts

    Thanks Ion. No blue-eyed blood elves, ever.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  4. #16104
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Pretty sure datamine had already debunked blue-eyed blood elves.
    Not to some like the poster below your post here.

    What's good is that Ion also included the lore reasoning for the confirmation behind that decision. "It doesn't make sense for how that race evolved".

    It means they're confirming that Blue Eyes = High Elf and Non-blue = Blood Elf/other Thalassian Elf.

  5. #16105
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    HOLY SHIT ION JUST CONFIRMED NO BLUE EYE BLOOD ELVES CUZ THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR HOW THAT RACE EVOLVED!! And that those blue eye options will only be for NPC options atm.
    Indeed. Word of God has confirmed that it doesn't make sense for Blood Elves and so the point is conceded. There will be no blue eyed Blood Elves.

    However.

    The corollary to this is, as Moorgard implied and Ion has confirmed, lore matters. The debate over blue eyed Blood Elves was fuelled by differing interpretations of the lore. That debate has now been resolved. What also does not make sense is Void Elves who look like high elves. If they will not give a 'much demanded' option for Blood Elves, as blue eyes were, for reasons of lore, then what chance is there for the high elf like skin tones you've been arguing for?

    Whilst Blood Elves are not getting blue eyes, what you really want is now much further out of reach.

  6. #16106
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Yeah, indeed. I honestly did not expect that, I am very surprised.
    Same lol, especially coming from Ion who made the eyes seem like a minor thing during that Q&A

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    If they will not give a 'much demanded' option for Blood Elves, as blue eyes were, for reasons of lore, then what chance is there for the high elf like skin tones you've been arguing for?

    Whilst Blood Elves are not getting blue eyes, what you really want is now much further out of reach.
    He also said that character customization is an ongoing process and will never end and that they want to get as many options out there for people.

    Since High Elves on Alliance is a look people want, and with confirmation no Blue Eye Blood Elves as that doesn't make sense. It means that the Thalassian model available to Alliance, Void Elves, can one day potentially get High Elf customization.

    You may still be a 'Void Elf' but there's no lore that says they cannot refine the process in the future so that people can look like Alleria.

    Again, seeing as Ion confirms character customization will come to AR, and that essentially there's never a 'final pass' this means eventually (just as Ion said 'It's possible, but no plans in the near term) High Elves can become a playable option for Alliance.

    Ion's statements today backs up what that High Elf fan asked him at Blizzcon: Just because they're not in right now doesn't mean High Elves won't ever be in WoW.

    I honestly don't care how long it would take them, just like I never cared how long it took them to have demonhunters. I have the patience, and I can enjoy and play the game how I want in the meantime.

  7. #16107
    There is always an "however", isn't there. Things can never be simple
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

    Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

  8. #16108
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Not to some like the poster below your post here.

    What's good is that Ion also included the lore reasoning for the confirmation behind that decision. "It doesn't make sense for how that race evolved".

    It means they're confirming that Blue Eyes = High Elf and Non-blue = Blood Elf/other Thalassian Elf.

    Merci Ion <3


  9. #16109
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    BIG WIN here is High Elf fans don't need to put up with the 'BLUE EYES ARE FOR BLOOD ELVES IT MAKES SENSE' crowd anymore. Thank fucken goodness.

  10. #16110
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

    Whilst Blood Elves are not getting blue eyes, what you really want is now much further out of reach.
    How can you even say that now?
    You kept on repeating the same thing since weeks : that blue-eyed blood elves were a high probability by denying the obvious.
    You fooled yourself. And you were wrong from the beginning.
    Blue-eyed blood elves were never an option since the only blue-eyed thalassian elves will always be the High elves. It's been that way since 15 years and things are not gonna change.

    I don't say we'll eventually get the high elf costumization options. But at least the hope is permitted.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  11. #16111
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Merci Ion <3

    Fenchvince I'm not sure where you found that image, but I think keyboardturner said it's a fake after they investigated it because they couldn't find those in the files.

    I'd urge everyone to do what Ion said: caution what you see in datamining because any texture can be applied to any model, that doesn't necessarily mean they will get those models.

  12. #16112
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    BIG WIN here is High Elf fans don't need to put up with the 'BLUE EYES ARE FOR BLOOD ELVES IT MAKES SENSE' crowd anymore. Thank fucken goodness.
    A little cleaning indeed!

  13. #16113
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    He also said that character customization is an ongoing process and will never end and that they want to get as many options out there for people.

    Since High Elves on Alliance is a look people want, and with confirmation no Blue Eye Blood Elves as that doesn't make sense. It means that the Thalassian model available to Alliance, Void Elves, can one day potentially get High Elf customization.

    You may still be a 'Void Elf' but there's no lore that says they cannot refine the process in the future so that people can look like Alleria.

    Again, seeing as Ion confirms character customization will come to AR, and that essentially there's never a 'final pass' this means eventually (just as Ion said 'It's possible, but no plans in the near term) High Elves can become a playable option for Alliance.

    Ion's statements today backs up what that High Elf fan asked him at Blizzcon: Just because they're not in right now doesn't mean High Elves won't ever be in WoW.
    No, what he said was that for reasons of lore Blood Elves will not be getting blue eyes.

    What you have argued is that Void Elves should get normal skin tones because they are a popular request.

    Blue eyes for Blood Elves were denied because they contravened their lore. It was a VERY popular request. So your argument, which you made as recently as a few hours ago, that demand alone is a factor in their considerations, has been proven incorrect. Lore matters and lore trumped demand.

    Normal skin tones for Void Elves contravenes the lore behind Void Elves. If they deny something as small as blue eyes for Blood Elves, demolishing the far bigger aesthetic difference between Void Elves and Blood Elves, which is a far bigger thing than eye colour, cannot be considered as a serious prospect.

  14. #16114
    Void elves: Are only dark-skinned, pink skin doesn't make sense for them, that is just out of reach.

    Also void elves: Have this as leader



    Obelisk Kai's logic y'all.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

    Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

  15. #16115
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    No, what he said was that for reasons of lore Blood Elves will not be getting blue eyes.

    What you have argued is that Void Elves should get normal skin tones because they are a popular request.

    Blue eyes for Blood Elves were denied because they contravened their lore. It was a VERY popular request. So your argument, which you made as recently as a few hours ago, that demand alone is a factor in their considerations, has been proven incorrect. Lore matters and lore trumped demand.

    Normal skin tones for Void Elves contravenes the lore behind Void Elves. If they deny something as small as blue eyes for Blood Elves, demolishing the far bigger aesthetic difference between Void Elves and Blood Elves, which is a far bigger thing than eye colour, cannot be considered as a serious prospect.
    Sure buddy, think whatever you want. High Elf fans have even more reinforcement to continue asking for High Elves to be playable now.

  16. #16116
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Sure buddy, think whatever you want. High Elf fans have even more reinforcement to continue asking for High Elves to be playable now.
    Today is a nice day
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  17. #16117
    Bloodsail Admiral Sharby's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    BIG WIN here is High Elf fans don't need to put up with the 'BLUE EYES ARE FOR BLOOD ELVES IT MAKES SENSE' crowd anymore. Thank fucken goodness.
    See its literally like I've been saying.


    Now the anti's look so foolish claiming that blue eyes are the only separation which in turn makes them Blood Elves.



    Idk how I'd even be able to argue with a straight face after a blow like that to one of my main arguments.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  18. #16118
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    How can you even say that now?
    You kept on repeating the same thing since weeks : that blue-eyed blood elves were a high probability by denying the obvious.
    You fooled yourself. And you were wrong from the beginning.
    Blue-eyed blood elves were never an option since the only blue-eyed thalassian elves will always be the High elves. It's been that way since 15 years and things are not gonna change.

    I don't say we'll eventually get the high elf costumization options. But at least the hope is permitted.
    Blue eyes for Blood Elves did make sense according to an incorrect interpretation of the lore, but one that made sense. That has now been debunked. But the implications of why blue eyes are not coming should worry you. They are not coming, despite being a 'popular' request, because lore stops it.

    The goal for a high elf option on Void Elves is reliant on new lore to justify it. Such new lore, or the interpretation put forth in support of blue eyes for Blood Elves, could easily have been supplied. That was not forthcoming. A high elf option on Void Elves is a far, far bigger ask because it contravenes the reasons Void Elves were allowed, namely that they don't infringe on the thematic and aesthetic idenity of a core Horde race.

    If they won't do blue eyes for Blood Elves, then you are fooling yourself now to think there is a possibility they will turn around and give the Void Elves high elf like skins.

  19. #16119
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    ...
    Normal skin tones for Void Elves contravenes the lore behind Void Elves. If they deny something as small as blue eyes for Blood Elves, demolishing the far bigger aesthetic difference between Void Elves and Blood Elves, which is a far bigger thing than eye colour, cannot be considered as a serious prospect.
    As much as I'd like that to be true (as I'd rather not have fair skinned Void Elves and rather wait til they one day make the High Elves already in game playable), Alleria kinda disproves that whole argument. If there are more Void Elves being made (which would make sense given that there were only a "crack team" of them to begin with and they'd be extinct already if not with how many were sent on suicide missions during BFA), there's no reason they'd end up looking the same as the initial batch, since I doubt they could replicate the exact same circumstances in however they now corrupt more to increase their numbers.

  20. #16120
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    BIG WIN here is High Elf fans don't need to put up with the 'BLUE EYES ARE FOR BLOOD ELVES IT MAKES SENSE' crowd anymore. Thank fucken goodness.
    You just have to put up with 'Blood Elves are High Elves' and 'the Horde is waiting for you', both of which remain true. Blue eyes are seemingly being kept unique for Void Elves. Fair enough for the Void Elves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •