1. #16541
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Gee I wonder what "Auric" stands for and why of all names this was used.
    Auric is the name of Auric Sunchaser. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Captain_Auric_Sunchaser

    Broflake is incorrect btw. During beta of BFA the team name used to be "Jaina's Angels" which would be more of a reference tribute to Charlie's Angels. Wherein Charlie, a dude, had 3 girls working for him as spies.

    Therefore it would've been more on the nose to keep Jaina's Angels, with 3 males working for her as Alliance expedition members. It would've been a lot more obvious and mirror the Charlie's Angels with a gender reversal perfectly. They changed it later to Auric, no one knows why. So people can only speculate.

    But that Auric is referenced means Blizzard hasn't forgotten about High Elves among Alliance ranks even more. Especially since the opposition to the High Elf request is as Frenchvince pointed out, trying to make it seem like High Elves don't exist on the Alliance.

  2. #16542
    The Lightbringer Ardenaso's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Auric is the name of Auric Sunchaser. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Captain_Auric_Sunchaser

    Broflake is incorrect btw. During beta of BFA the team name used to be "Jaina's Angels" which would be more of a reference tribute to Charlie's Angels. Wherein Charlie, a dude, had 3 girls working for him as spies.

    Therefore it would've been more on the nose to keep Jaina's Angels, with 3 males working for her as Alliance expedition members. It would've been a lot more obvious and mirror the Charlie's Angels with a gender reversal perfectly. They changed it later to Auric, no one knows why. So people can only speculate.

    But that Auric is referenced means Blizzard hasn't forgotten about High Elves among Alliance ranks even more. Especially since the opposition to the High Elf request is as Frenchvince pointed out, trying to make it seem like High Elves don't exist on the Alliance.
    I know, I was being sarcastic
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

  3. #16543
    Blizzard is so lazy. Alleria has been back for 3 years and she still hasn't had a reunion with Auric. The leader of the Allerian Expedition.

    Like come on it's such an obvious storyline.

  4. #16544
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Yes, they are still in the history of the Alliance.And then after the second war, they left. A few individuals remain within the Alliance but that doesn't mean the high elves are a part of the Alliance. It means some are in an individual capacity. A centaur joined the horde in one of the comics. Doesn-t make centaur a horde race.

    And as we have learned in the past week...it being a 'big' request doesn't matter. They'll do a small request that makes sense to them over a big request that doesn't.

    High Elves for the Alliance as a distinct allied race were ruled out two years ago. Nothing has occurred to change that.

    And customisations on Void Elves are unlikely as Void Elves have moved past looking like a high elf.
    Did you find the origin of the high elf ballists of the 4th war ???

    Otherwise, the rest of your message is worthy of the person, in bad faith, and for the rest only speculation according to your deepest desires, as usual ... nothing interesting.

  5. #16545
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I know, I was being sarcastic
    Ah, glad to have another in agreement

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Blizzard is so lazy. Alleria has been back for 3 years and she still hasn't had a reunion with Auric. The leader of the Allerian Expedition.

    Like come on it's such an obvious storyline.
    Might see it in the new book, but we'll have to see. I think their current narrative doesn't have a lot to do with what's happening on Azeroth so it'll probably be a while before we get any follow-ups like that.

    I think they just wanted Alleria back in the universe but haven't had much use for her yet because of all the different stories they tried to do at once in BFA.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Otherwise, the rest of your message is worthy of the person, in bad faith, and for the rest only speculation according to your deepest desires, as usual ... nothing interesting.
    Pretty much yeah, glad others are picking up on it.

  6. #16546
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post

    Pretty much yeah, glad others are picking up on it.

    Yes, it is better to let him do his solo testamentary monologue because he is so ridiculous ...

  7. #16547
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Auric is the name of Auric Sunchaser. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Captain_Auric_Sunchaser

    Broflake is incorrect btw. During beta of BFA the team name used to be "Jaina's Angels" which would be more of a reference tribute to Charlie's Angels. Wherein Charlie, a dude, had 3 girls working for him as spies.

    Therefore it would've been more on the nose to keep Jaina's Angels, with 3 males working for her as Alliance expedition members. It would've been a lot more obvious and mirror the Charlie's Angels with a gender reversal perfectly. They changed it later to Auric, no one knows why. So people can only speculate.

    But that Auric is referenced means Blizzard hasn't forgotten about High Elves among Alliance ranks even more. Especially since the opposition to the High Elf request is as Frenchvince pointed out, trying to make it seem like High Elves don't exist on the Alliance.
    The worst thing is to see people twisting what's in front of everyone's eyes as to make appear something entirely different, denying reality that anyone can go and see with no effort...

    It serves no purpose, it doesn't do a favor to anyone, it's just clutter and misinformation that those who care feel the need to clarify before anyone who don't know about these things sees the wrong side of it.

    Auric's angels is the best example of this, it's an Alliance team working for the Alliance under the name of an Alliance character, yet we have people denying it regardless how obvious it is
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2020-05-04 at 04:16 PM.

  8. #16548
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post

    Might see it in the new book, but we'll have to see. I think their current narrative doesn't have a lot to do with what's happening on Azeroth so it'll probably be a while before we get any follow-ups like that.

    I think they just wanted Alleria back in the universe but haven't had much use for her yet because of all the different stories they tried to do at once in BFA.

    Oh my god now you say this it would be so awesome !
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  9. #16549
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Auric's angels is the best example of this, it's an Alliance team working for the Alliance under the name of an Alliance character, yet we have people denying it regardless how obvious it is
    Pretty much, I mean sure it's a reference to Charlie's Angels. That doesn't take away from the fact that they used a High Elf as a member for a team where Jeremy Feasel stated these are 'making interesting members of the opposing faction to fight.'

    So High Elves are an interesting member of the Alliance for Horde to fight. Thanks Jeremy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XojQnSMkq-k

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Oh my god now you say this it would be so awesome !
    We'll have to see. After how they dealt with the 'reunion' of Illidan/Malfurion/Tyrande aka no development at all, Blizzard's plate may likely be too full. They also have a tendency to 'forget things' like the Vindicaar. I don't think it necessarily means 'oh it's not important' it's just they have so many different threads of stories on their plate and it takes them a long time to develop those stories.

    An example would be the Blood Elves getting Golden Eyes because that's where they should be at the end of TBC. Took them over a decade to tie up the loose ends there. Partly because of technology limitations, partly because they most likely set in stone the stories of the next expansion way ahead of time and use a lot of their time to focus on that.

    The good news is High Elves haven't ever been ruled out for the future and the no blue eyes on Blood Elves just opens it up even more for Alliance players to ask for them now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I'm pretty sure with the character creation overhaul which denotes a larger amount of space for 'races' to play, means there will likely be another point that Alliance gets to have another Elven race, and at that point the High Elves will have been the most largely requested one ever (it already is).

    People like to forget that Ion stated "When we add an Allied Race, there's a desire to have things be even more distinct especially between the two factions with the faction conflict being so prominent."

    Aka the faction conflict was very prominent so they had a desire to keep things among the factions 'even more distinct' at that time. It's why we for instance got Dark Iron Dwarves over Wildhammer.

    High Elves are such an Alliance thing and the developers have acknowledged it that going forward it'll be interesting to see where their thoughts on them are. Like I said, I'm very curious now that we're past BFA, we're past Void Elves being fresh, we're past Blood Elves potentially getting blue eyes - I'm interested to see when an interviewer brings up if High Elves can come to Alliance now down the line.

    MrGM's Tweet on High Elf customization for Void Elves already got 628 likes https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1255061585124626433

    very huge compared to any amount of likes toward Blood Elves should be the only playable High Elves or w/e.

    His point also hits home: "You'll make a lot of people happy with very little work"

  10. #16550
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    High Elves are such an Alliance thing and the developers have acknowledged it that going forward it'll be interesting to see where their thoughts on them are. Like I said, I'm very curious now that we're past BFA, we're past Void Elves being fresh, we're past Blood Elves potentially getting blue eyes - I'm interested to see when an interviewer brings up if High Elves can come to Alliance now down the line.

    MrGM's Tweet on High Elf customization for Void Elves already got 628 likes https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1255061585124626433

    very huge compared to any amount of likes toward Blood Elves should be the only playable High Elves or w/e.

    His point also hits home: "You'll make a lot of people happy with very little work"
    I am waiting to see the update of the NPC HE, if they have several shades of blue for their eyes, it is a good sign.
    In general, NPCs with a lot of customization options are likely to end up as a playable race later on as it will be in even greater demand.

  11. #16551
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    https://twitter.com/KayJayEme/status...53218714107904

    https://twitter.com/KayJayEme/status...87745134030857

    https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueEyes...=hashtag_click

    The first couple links belong to the girl who harassed keyboardturner just for speculating/concluding with evidence that the blue eye textures datamined didn't fit the Blood Elf profile. Now she's badgering Danuser (Moorgard) about 'I don't get how "it doesn't make sense" blood elves can't get blue eyes'. Calling it a complete contradiction, and saying how doesn't it make any less sense than Wildhammer tats for bronzebeard and sand troll customization for darkspears.

    This person is literally using the customizations I said don't necessarily make sense to allow blue eyes on blood elf (which won't make sense either). "If these other options don't make sense, why can't I have options that don't make sense on my blood elf?" essentially is her argument.

    The next hashtag is by someone who is still continuing to ask for blue eyes on blood elves, despite Ion's statement.
    There are clearly people in the anti-helf community still obsessed with blood elves getting blue eyes, despite Ion's statement. You'll even see on official forums/wowhead comments from the interview that some people still hope to get it.
    Lol, these Blood Elf fans are funny, there are countless customizations to ask, but they're all over-obsessed with one single color for their eyes, there are also countless cool other colors for eyes, like: purple, pink, orange, red, teal, brown, gray... but they only want blue eyes and nothing else . It's clear that they don't care about "more customizations" for Blood Elves they only want to make High Elves less likely to happen.

    I would give these "blue-eyes guys" more credit if they were asking for more than just one eye color for their beloved race. This obsession with only one small customization option clearly shows what's their goal, which has nothing to do with either customization options or Blood Elves.

  12. #16552
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I am waiting to see the update of the NPC HE, if they have several shades of blue for their eyes, it is a good sign.
    In general, NPCs with a lot of customization options are likely to end up as a playable race later on as it will be in even greater demand.
    So is it a lore thing or an appearance thing. Helfers aren't even consistent with each other. And how can you have void elves without the VOID.

    Helfers who like tweets like that should just play a belf and suck it up.

  13. #16553
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Lol, these Blood Elf fans are funny, there are countless customizations to ask, but they're all over-obsessed with one single color for their eyes, there are also countless cool other colors for eyes, like: purple, pink, orange, red, teal, brown, gray... but they only want blue eyes and nothing else . It's clear that they don't care about "more customizations" for Blood Elves they only want to make High Elves less likely to happen.

    I would give these "blue-eyes guys" more credit if they were asking for more than just one eye color for their beloved race. This obsession with only one small customization option clearly shows what's their goal, which has nothing to do with either customization options or Blood Elves.
    Yup, especially when what they're asking for "doesn't make sense" (it never did btw) and they still continue. Shows what their true goal was/is (I bolded it).

    That's why a lot of those opposed have wanted High Elf threads shut down/High Elves killed etc. Because they're afraid the organization of the request will have the developers add playable High Elves to the Alliance.

    It stands vastly above other race requests because of the fact that the developers continue adding their presence among Alliance's ranks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So is it a lore thing or an appearance thing.
    It's both and it cannot be separate and I'll tell you why: Because Blizzard themselves have added lore meaning to appearances. You'll never see Green Orcs get brown skin options because them being corrupted orcs by demon blood in the past is part of their history and racial progression overcoming that.

    And just because High Elves don't end up as customization for Void Elves doesn't mean they can't be their own playable option down the line. Ion only addressed "No plans for High Elves as an Allied Race in the near term."

  14. #16554
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Yup, especially when what they're asking for "doesn't make sense" (it never did btw) and they still continue. Shows what their true goal was/is (I bolded it).

    That's why a lot of those opposed have wanted High Elf threads shut down/High Elves killed etc. Because they're afraid the organization of the request will have the developers add playable High Elves to the Alliance.

    It stands vastly above other race requests because of the fact that the developers continue adding their presence among Alliance's ranks.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's both and it cannot be separate and I'll tell you why: Because Blizzard themselves have added lore meaning to appearances. You'll never see Green Orcs get brown skin options because them being corrupted orcs by demon blood in the past is part of their history and racial progression overcoming that.

    And just because High Elves don't end up as customization for Void Elves doesn't mean they can't be their own playable option down the line. Ion only addressed "No plans for High Elves as an Allied Race in the near term."


    That would objectively make them the same as pandas then. Houjin=belves / Toushui = Helves / same races, different factions.

    This in turn opens up a can of worms. The horde world need a replacement race, the alliance would then need a race to balance the nightborne since the velves would no longer be the horde swap, and the horde would need a Panda based AR to balance the velves.

    Also what about Demon Hunters? Alliance gets 2 races and horde 1?

    All that just to appease a very, very, VERY, load and obnoxious minority of alliance players? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Varx; 2020-05-04 at 05:40 PM.

  15. #16555
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    You can read several of the comics including the war of the ancients. The Highborne cast and "tree hugged caste" existed before the appearance of the legion. It was a way of separating those who practiced arcane and were considered "high" above the others.
    When everything went down, and the highborne, azshara and her people drowned, the few highborne left either went into hiding, or were exiled.
    They still exist as a caste, but they're not anything different from the other night elves outside of ideology.
    That caste survived. Azshara is alive and she is still the queen of Kaldorei Empire. She just hasn't ended a civil war yet. So far she hasn't stated that all arcane using elves lose their Highborne position if they have no purple skin.

    This is why the blood elves and the like cry "blood of the highborne". It is meant to honor their arcane roots and belief systems even though they are far removed from their night elf roots. Sort of the way Italians speak of Roman heritage.
    Except they aren't that removed from their roots. Sunstrider dynasty died out only a couple years ago.

    You mean Auric's angels?
    They aren't, the name is purely meant as a tribute to Charlie's angels. The allerian stronghold elves wanted reunification in WotLK and we havent seen them since.
    I am aware that they are mainly intended to be a joke. However, their name suggests that they are affiliated with Auric in some way.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  16. #16556
    Imagine actually believing that the absolute minority/remnants of an already remnants of the High elven race, would feature not one, but TWO playable sub races on the Alliance, while the bulk of what's left of the race after the scourge's onslaught, get represented by one on the horde.

    If anything, the exiles will eventually reunify at their ancestral home in Silvermoon, and be either added as a new customization as Bloodelves (with their new evolved sunwell eye colors), or simply just move on as Bloodelves with the rest of their people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    All that just to appease a very, very, VERY, load and obnoxious minority of alliance players? I doubt it.
    When people believe that the world particularly revolves around them, it's hard to change their mind.
    Last edited by Odintdk; 2020-05-04 at 05:52 PM.

  17. #16557
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    That would objectively make them the same as pandas then. Houjin=belves / Toushui = Helves / same races, different factions.

    This in turn opens up a can of worms. The horde world need a replacement race, the alliance would then need a race to balance the nightborne since the velves would no longer be the horde swap, and the horde would need a Panda based AR to balance the velves.

    Also what about Demon Hunters? Alliance gets 2 races and horde 1?
    No it wouldn't objectively make them like Pandas. Who said High Elves would get all the same customizations/classes that Blood Elves have? No one's ever said that.

    Your reductio ad absurdum is a fallacy.

    1) Blue Eyes are High Elf only (and Void Elves). Blood Elves have Green and Gold thus a differentiation there already.

    2) High Elves wouldn't get Demonhunters because it would make no sense for them to have DHs. Nobody's even suggested DHs for them when class discussions have came up. They also very likely wouldn't have Warlocks seeing as chaotic magics is what they deigned to abstain from.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    All that just to appease a very, very, VERY, load and obnoxious minority of alliance players? I doubt it.
    Sounds like projection mate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I am aware that they are mainly intended to be a joke. However, their name suggests that they are affiliated with Auric in some way.
    It's also possible to be mainly a joke and still matter. See: Gnomes and Goblins.

  18. #16558
    Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Imagine actually believing that the absolute minority/remnants of an already remnants of the High elven race, would feature not one, but TWO playable sub races on the Alliance, while the bulk of what's left of the race after the scourge's onslaught, get represented by one on the horde.

    If anything, the exiles will eventually reunify at their ancestral home in Silvermoon, and be either added as a new customization as Bloodelves (with their new evolved sunwell eye colors), or simply just move on as Bloodelves with the rest of their people.



    When people believe that the world particularly revolves around them, it's hard to change their mind.
    You do realize that :
    a) there would be two variants only because Blizzard didn't made the obvious and right decision to add playable High Elves to the game instead of Void Elves ?

    b)in spit of being non-corrupted, the differences between High and Blood elves are deeper than between Void and Blood Elves - with the former being so removed in term of values and beliefs that they have shown no moral quandary when it came to killing and generally speaking fighting Blood Elves while Void Elves expresses the wish to see Quel'Thalas return to the Alliance.

  19. #16559
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    No it wouldn't objectively make them like Pandas. Who said High Elves would get all the same customizations/classes that Blood Elves have? No one's ever said that.

    Your reductio ad absurdum is a fallacy.

    1) Blue Eyes are High Elf only (and Void Elves). Blood Elves have Green and Gold thus a differentiation there already.

    2) High Elves wouldn't get Demonhunters because it would make no sense for them to have DHs. Nobody's even suggested DHs for them when class discussions have came up. They also very likely wouldn't have Warlocks seeing as chaotic magics is what they deigned to abstain from.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sounds like projection mate.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's also possible to be mainly a joke and still matter. See: Gnomes and Goblins.

    Eye color aside, they're the same. You can't compare that to all the other physical differences ARs have from their parent race. There is no lore justification to make helves physically dif from belves, so yeah they'd be like pandas.

    And if they're like pandas that means they need to be DH's.

  20. #16560
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    You do realize that :
    a) there would be two variants only because Blizzard didn't made the obvious and right decision to add playable High Elves to the game instead of Void Elves ?
    "The right decision" to a small minority that chose to live in the past and ignore progress, the wrong decision to the rest of the playerbase. All subjective, but facts stand anyways, and it is Blizzard's decision.

    b)in spit of being non-corrupted, the differences between High and Blood elves are deeper than between Void and Blood Elves - with the former being so removed in term of values and beliefs that they have shown no moral quandary when it came to killing and generally speaking fighting Blood Elves while Void Elves expresses the wish to see Quel'Thalas return to the Alliance.
    It's the majority of the race that gets to decide where their ancestral home belongs, not a group of tentacle juice addicts, nor near extinct exiles.

    90% of the race, who forever ago built, and continue to live to this day, in their ancestral home of Quel'Thalas, belong in the Horde now, for 15 years and until the end of this game's lifespan.
    Last edited by Odintdk; 2020-05-04 at 06:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •