1. #16561
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Imagine actually believing that the absolute minority/remnants of an already remnants of the High elven race, would feature not one, but TWO playable sub races on the Alliance, while the bulk of what's left of the race after the scourge's onslaught, get represented by one on the horde.


    If anything, the exiles will eventually reunify at their ancestral home in Silvermoon, and be either added as a new customization as Bloodelves (with their new evolved sunwell eye colors), or simply just move on as Bloodelves with the rest of their people.
    That's headcanon and your poor, twisted vision of the story, my fine dude, they want to take Quel'thalas to the Alliance, they will never return unless these terms are met.

    When people believe that the world particularly revolves around them, it's hard to change their mind.
    It's hard to tell, since I may argue that someone that comes to a place of people asking for something with spiteful headcanon and a sense of entitlement over what others ask regarding the lore of the game would tell that the person actually believes that the world revolves around them.

    The world doesn't revolve around you, you don't get to decide on a whim wether or not a request is reasonable or to invent lore to make a point against it, get over yourself.

  2. #16562
    Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    "The right decision" to a small minority that chose to live in the past and ignore progress, the wrong decision to the rest of the playerbase. All subjective, but facts stand anyways, and it is Blizzard's decision.



    It's the majority of the race that gets to decide where their ancestral home belongs, not a group of tentacle juice addicts, nor near extinct exiles.

    90% of the race, who forever ago built, and continue to live to this day, in their ancestral home of Quel'Thalas, belong in the Horde now, for 15 years and until the end of this game's lifespan.
    Considering whom the majority of the thalassian ally with and what their values are ? They don't deserve to trash the High Elves. The Blood Elves are some of the most vilest, despicable beings on Azeroth. The High Elves are better because they have real values and morals and stick to it.

    Like, why would you want to play Vichy France when you can play La Résistance ? That's what Blood and High Elves are, and in fact they are even more distinguished that those two sides by now.

  3. #16563
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Considering whom the majority of the thalassian ally with and what their values are ? They don't deserve to trash the High Elves. The Blood Elves are some of the most vilest, despicable beings on Azeroth. The High Elves are better because they have real values and morals and stick to it.

    Like, why would you want to play Vichy France when you can play La Résistance ? That's what Blood and High Elves are, and in fact they are even more distinguished that those two sides by now.
    Blood elves are (supposedly) pragmatic, they don't have time to care about morality when the needs of their people are at risk.

    Maintaining the high standards the Blood elves have is expensive.

  4. #16564
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    When WoD took place, he was also neutral toward the Horde. You can be Alliance & neutral.
    Clesrly, you cant.
    You cant say im anpart of the alliance, but I am neutral. Otherwise, they would have assisted the alliance in the issues with the horde which they chose not to.
    You are insistent they are alliance, but ignoring what occurred in legion.
    Is Baine alliance because he is in stormwind? Or is marked as alliance flag wise?
    We need to address it honestly. Dalaran and the Kirin tor are neutral. They favor noone, and side with noone.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    The same was said about Malfurion, Alleria, Turalyon, Maiev... They're all Alliance now.
    No, it hasnt. They all joined the alliance formally and remained that way.
    Khadgar and Dalaran are neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

    I've never said he wasn't allowed back. But he did not take back his siege for a reason. The Horde wasn't allowed to maintain any kind of influence within the council of 6.

    All the members of the council of 6 are Alliance members. See their bio on wowpedia.
    The council of six were completely filled.
    You are relying on tags and its meaningless.
    Kalec is a part of the blue dragonflight and is friendly to horde and alliance and not a part of the alliance besides being jainas former lover.





    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I mean...why?
    Saying high elves did more than blood elves in BFA is suggesting you didnt ever play BFA.

  5. #16565
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    The essence of her message is correct, Blood Elves weren't getting Blue Eyes just yet. And that turned out to be true, and if you think that's not harassment then I feel sorry for you. Going to predict Moorgard won't answer KayJayEme's tidbit because a quick look at some of her posts shows how quickly that person can go from calm to 'panic' mode.

    Nice of you to ignore the 3rd link as well, guess you don't have anything to say there.
    The third link was one person seemingly spamming the hashtag. I judged it irrelevant (rightly, it's one person spamming a hashtag).

    And that she was right isn't the point. She got to the right answer the wrong way. Her methodology is thus proven to be flawed and thus the doubts that KayJayEme expressed were perfectly legitimate, particularly given Keyboardturner's previously expressed alliance bias.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Cool so you acknowledge you don't speak for others, that's all I was pointing out. It may be 'only an eye colour' but it's apparent it has meaning as per Ion's statement. And again you're taking a moment meant to prop up focus on Void Elves, twisting it, and using that leap of logic to make a conclusion. Hasn't worked out for you so far regarding the blue eyes on blood elves.
    You point out I used the word 'we' to express a general sentiment amongst anti high elfers. As evidence to say I am wrong you point out one person asking Keyboardturner about her incorrect methodology and another person spamming a hashtag nobody else has taken up. May I remind you how often you cite how 'others are coming into threads to show support' or 'even neutrals are celebrating' or 'the high elf request is getting more and more popular'. You've just made a big effort to show the importance of standing on your opinions but throughout your own responses you keep citing the support of others, whether real or imagined.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I won't get into that circular discussion again. We'll just have to see what further develops. What's interesting is that ever since Void Elves released it seems as if High Elves have came up as a topic almost yearly for Blizzard in terms of their responses or acknowledgement related to them.
    Most of those 'yearly mentions' were the pro high elf community being mocked in some capacity or another so I wouldn't read too far into it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    None of those have the amount of evidence and presence that High Elves in the Alliance have. Those truly are wish-fulfillment requests. Don't see how they have "more meat" on them. You've said yourself that some of those options (such as evil demons Eredar) wouldn't make sense, you speak from lore perspective there. I doubt there's many at all that truly think those will happen, which is why the High Elf request itself also stands out in stark contrast to many of the other race requests on the official forums and elsewhere.

    There is just so much evidence out there for High Elf involvement in Alliance within WoW as opposed to those other options you bring up. As Strippling would say, "apples to oranges".
    They have more meat on them because they could, if Blizzard wished, be implemented as fully functioning allied races with unique, race appropriate customisations. Stuffing a red skin onto a Draenei and saying 'here is an Eredar' would be a complete waste for anyone who wanted an Eredar. But that is from the perspective of simply applying them as skins to already existing races.
    They don't make sense as separate allied races for reasons of lore either but that is besides the more focused point regarding using existing races as vectors for what they aren't.

    And the evidence for exile involvement in the Alliance is hamstrung by their dearth of appearances in the Fourth War yet their active use in the Pandaria campaign. In one, Dalaran wasn't a part of the Alliance, in the other, Dalaran was a part of the Alliance. Seems to me exile involvement in the Alliance really depends on what Dalaran is doing. If Dalaran happens to be in the area when there is a major threat (WOTLK, Legion), sure, the Silver Covenant will lend the Alliance a hand. Otherwise they aren't going to bestir themselves from their new home.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I already said long ago that Void Elves have blue eyes thus why would those go to Blood Elves wherein which time you used to argue that Void Elves have 'ghost white' eyes (the most ridiculous claim, so obvious they're blue). Now you comment on how Void Elves 'clearly have blue eyes options'.
    And they have bright white irises which obscures the blue corneas. Hence the ghostly white comment. Perhaps they will tone down that iris in future customisations to make the corneal colour more apparent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I think everyone can see here like the most pedants of pedants. It will take a form of authority to force you to flip flop your opinions. Thus it makes it useless to actually discuss anything with you. As I've said before, you are a 'status quo' discusser, holding any opinions that aren't status quo and commenting on any status quos you agree with.
    In regards to the bolded comment, well, yes. Of course. It takes someone with authority, i.e. a game developer or writer of the franchise to get me to change my opinions. That isn't flip flopping, there is no value in holding fast to something when that is proven incorrect by those with the authority to make the change. Did you really think it would be otherwise? Did you really imagine opinion that is grounded in what those in authority have said previously can be shifted by fans? If Chris Metzen says something and Ion Hazzikostas agrees with that, that's good enough for me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    More evidence of what I've said just above. Means it's really practically fruitless to have a discussion with you.
    You do keep saying that but the truth is there is no fruitful discussion to really be had here by anyone. Your own adaption of what Ion said about blue eyes and it's promotion to sacred cow status shows why, when you have developer commentary on a subject all further discussion inevitably boils down to the fact that the developers have already commented.

    Take the blue eyes for Blood Elves discussion. Should anyone open a topic requesting blue eyes for Blood Elves with no reference to high elven exiles at all, they will be inundated by people citing Ion Hazzikostas telling them why they are wrong and it won't be happening.

    What is likely going to happen in this. The first customisation pass will end and sometime during the lifetime of Shadowlands the Allied races will get their pass. Void Elves and Nightborne will get their passes. As expected Void Elf customisations will be void themed though there maybe one skin with a 'if you squint enough it looks maybe just about possibly' something that approximates a high elf, not enough for the vast majority to actually accept that is what it is but enough maybe for handful to declare some kind of victory even if nobody else agrees with it. Thoughts will then turn to getting another pair of Allied races in the next expansion.

  6. #16566
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Considering whom the majority of the thalassian ally with and what their values are ? They don't deserve to trash the High Elves. The Blood Elves are some of the most vilest, despicable beings on Azeroth. The High Elves are better because they have real values and morals and stick to it.

    Like, why would you want to play Vichy France when you can play La Résistance ? That's what Blood and High Elves are, and in fact they are even more distinguished that those two sides by now.
    As far as I know, blood elves exile their people, not torture and feed them to sharks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Oh boy, you have been explained very well in the past, this is feigned ignorance, it has to be.

    First of all, being a pop culture reference means nothing, but you do you, it's also part of the lore no matter how much you try to diminish it.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51661867

    There I have explained very well many, many things you still don't acknowledge, one of them is your very bad interpretation of the events of WotLK, which is in the part of the post of the YouTube video. You simply don't want to listen.

    In fact, with that sole post (that you never answered to by the way) your entire stances on many things are absolutely smashed, unless we talk about forced antagonism, stance that you don't need actual arguments to hold.
    I read through the post and its largely just commentary and statements of what you wish the argument was about and not anything to support your statement. Sorry dude.

  7. #16567
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    You do keep saying that but the truth is there is no fruitful discussion to really be had here by anyone.
    If you believe so then that means you return with the intent to not have fruitful discussion. Not really a good way to go about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    What is likely going to happen in this. The first customisation pass will end and sometime during the lifetime of Shadowlands the Allied races will get their pass. Void Elves and Nightborne will get their passes. As expected Void Elf customisations will be void themed though there maybe one skin with a 'if you squint enough it looks maybe just about possibly' something that approximates a high elf, not enough for the vast majority to actually accept that is what it is but enough maybe for handful to declare some kind of victory even if nobody else agrees with it. Thoughts will then turn to getting another pair of Allied races in the next expansion.
    You believe Allied Races customization would come that soon? Interesting, I don't expect it to be that soon but I'll be surprised.

    We'll see then whether High Elf customization comes to Void Elves or Blizzard leaves it off the table. If they do then that means High Elf requesters will keep continuing to ask for High Elves.

    The same way Wildhammer Fans didn't stop asking for Wildhammer just because Dark Irons got released.

  8. #16568
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    As far as I know, blood elves exile their people, not torture and feed them to sharks.
    They also helps in waging war of exterminations against those exiles, supporting the assault of Theramore (which was a hub of High Elven population), never raised a concern about the Forsaken assaults on Quel'Lithien and Quel'Danil lodge and have been more than eager to turn a blind eye to all the atrocities committed by their closests allies in the Horde.

    As Aldo Hawk stated, they are indeed maintining their standards of living. But at the cost of all morals, principles and values which make decent peoples decent.

    In that regard, what the Silver Covenant did during the Purge was not only justified. It was tame.

  9. #16569
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    If you believe so then that means you return with the intent to not have fruitful discussion. Not really a good way to go about it.
    I believe the argument was settled two years ago and a half years ago with the introduction of Void Elves.

    I believe that because it is true, because that is what they told us, that void elves were to give the Alliance another flavour of high elf.

    It was also the outcome of debates going back years further than you have participated in on this forum and others. The debate probably had meaning then, but not anymore, not really. You like quoting Taliesin and Evitel, and as they said in their own high elf video 'Void Elves feel like an answer'. That still holds true.

    I mean actually stop and think about it, from outside the box. Nothing to do with the imagined popularity of the request, nothing to do with the lore, actually think about it. So the following is my strong belief.

    They won't add a second thalassian elf to the Alliance as a unique race. You can say there is no proof of that, or that anything is possible in future, or the door is still open, but all those meaningless platitudes aside they aren't. They really aren't. They aren't going to piss people off by trying to sell them on yet another elf, not when they can give them something like Tuskarr or Kyrians or Venthyr or Arrkoa. There is always, always, always going to be a better choice for a new race slot than a duplicate of an existing race. And I think in their heart of hearts, most people understand this.

    And they aren't going to add high elf customisations to Void Elves either. Again, THINK about it. Really, think about it and don't base everything on the fact that you think it's a popular request. Something being a popular request doesn't matter. Blue eyes were a popular request, they didn't happen. If they had no problems with giving the exiles to the Alliance they would have given the Alliance exiles in the first place rather than create an entirely new aesthetic for an entirely new variant.
    You believe you can get them to change their minds, that's been your entire case since the day Void Elves were announced but they aren't going to change their minds. They don't want to change their minds. They think they're right, that preserving the factions as is is important.

    And that's the real crux of the matter. The Alliance won't get a high elf that looks like a high elf because Blizzard thinks factions are important. So long as Blizzard thinks that, they're never going to give you what you want. The irony being, in a world where they do change their mind on that, in a world where you do succeed, it's the faction wall that will come down and allow everyone to play everyone. Where you can play a Blood Elf as the traditional high elf option, because that is the only way it's realistically going to happen because you are never going to convince them to make an exception for the one thing you want.

  10. #16570
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    You like quoting Taliesin and Evitel, and as they said in their own high elf video 'Void Elves feel like an answer'. That still holds true.
    T&E's more recent video also said "Let's be honest the easiest thing Blizzard can do is slap blue eyes on blood elves and call it a day". But Blizzard didn't do that. Which is what Ion made it seem like to the general public when T&E made their own high elf video two years ago.

    Times change. Now even Bellular has been commenting that it would be weird for Blood Elves to have gotten the blue eyes.

  11. #16571
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    You cant say im anpart of the alliance, but I am neutral.
    Khadgar in WOD was neutral toward the Horde but recognized as an Alliance character. Why are you denying it ?

    You are insistent they are alliance, but ignoring what occurred in legion.
    I'm not. Before Legion Dalaran was fully Alliance and hostile to the Horde. After Legion, Dalaran became neutral to the Horde.

    We need to address it honestly. Dalaran and the Kirin tor are neutral. They favor noone, and side with noone.
    Of course they do. All the council is full of Alliance members.

    The council of six were completely filled.
    How can you hope to maintain any Horde influence in the Kirin tor whereas your Horde representative has lost his siege for ever ?

    Kalec is a part of the blue dragonflight and is friendly to horde and alliance and not a part of the alliance besides being jainas former lover.
    The Ultimate visual guide says otherwise. You're wrong. Kalecgos is listed as an Alliance character. He has a lot more in common with the Alliance races than he does with the Horde ones.


    Saying high elves did more than blood elves in BFA is suggesting you didnt ever play BFA.
    I haven't say that. Please read carefully what I really said.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  12. #16572
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I mean actually stop and think about it, from outside the box. Nothing to do with the imagined popularity of the request, nothing to do with the lore, actually think about it. So the following is my strong belief.

    They won't add a second thalassian elf to the Alliance as a unique race. You can say there is no proof of that, or that anything is possible in future, or the door is still open, but all those meaningless platitudes aside they aren't. They really aren't. They aren't going to piss people off by trying to sell them on yet another elf, not when they can give them something like Tuskarr or Kyrians or Venthyr or Arrkoa. There is always, always, always going to be a better choice for a new race slot than a duplicate of an existing race. And I think in their heart of hearts, most people understand this.

    And they aren't going to add high elf customisations to Void Elves either. Again, THINK about it. Really, think about it and don't base everything on the fact that you think it's a popular request. Something being a popular request doesn't matter. Blue eyes were a popular request, they didn't happen. If they had no problems with giving the exiles to the Alliance they would have given the Alliance exiles in the first place rather than create an entirely new aesthetic for an entirely new variant.
    You believe you can get them to change their minds, that's been your entire case since the day Void Elves were announced but they aren't going to change their minds. They don't want to change their minds. They think they're right, that preserving the factions as is is important.

    And that's the real crux of the matter. The Alliance won't get a high elf that looks like a high elf because Blizzard thinks factions are important. So long as Blizzard thinks that, they're never going to give you what you want. The irony being, in a world where they do change their mind on that, in a world where you do succeed, it's the faction wall that will come down and allow everyone to play everyone. Where you can play a Blood Elf as the traditional high elf option, because that is the only way it's realistically going to happen because you are never going to convince them to make an exception for the one thing you want.
    You really sound like Ion's comment had a huge effect here in all this spiel you're putting out that you're basically making a story in your head now despite my prior comments being plain for all to see. There's a lot of 'putting words in my mouth' you got going on, I've highlighted them in bold and will respond.

    1) This point doesn't make sense when we have far more non-elves in the game and it's not as if another elf choice has made its rounds yet. What you're doing here is equating people asking for High Elves to be asking for them "right this moment". That's not the case. That's not the case for any race request as otherwise all those various race requests on the official forums would be shut down.

    Ion mentioned that character customization is never going to end, and that they always want to give people many options to be able to express themselves. The Thalassian model already exists on Alliance now, it's not a new thing anymore. High Elves being requested for Alliance are pretty much iconic at this point, so much that media personalities are echoing the sentiment that it's been asked for a "very very long time".

    2) I've already stated the High Elf request isn't just based in its popularity, but by all the organization done by people requesting them and all the evidence they bring because Blizzard continues to put them among the Alliance.

    Other posters who have no horse in this have also came and acknowledged as well that people are only requesting High Elves because Blizzard continually utilizes them with a frequency unlike any other NPC race for the greater factions. Don't know why you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

    That's what makes the High Elf request above all others, not simply popularity. It's also why the sentiment among some anti-helf people has been to kill off the High Elves in the Alliance. To ensure no more keep showing up to take away another evidence the High Elf request uses to separate itself from other race requests.

    3) If Blizzard believes factions are important then High Elves are a shoe-in seeing as they're known for being extremely loyal to the Alliance. Even the developers acknowledge this in-game with Elisande's comment.

    Also just because Void Elves came does not mean High Elves can't come later. Dark Irons didn't stop Wildhammer from coming, different Troll tribes are coming - Zandalari didn't prevent that.

    And Blood Elves don't prevent High Elves from being on Alliance, seeing as one of their stand-out visuals (Blue Eyes) isn't going to Blood Elves because "it doesn't make sense" for them.

  13. #16573
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It's also possible to be mainly a joke and still matter. See: Gnomes and Goblins.
    Or blood elves. They are often put as a joke race.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  14. #16574
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    T&E's more recent video also said "Let's be honest the easiest thing Blizzard can do is slap blue eyes on blood elves and call it a day". But Blizzard didn't do that. Which is what Ion made it seem like to the general public when T&E made their own high elf video two years ago.

    Times change. Now even Bellular has been commenting that it would be weird for Blood Elves to have gotten the blue eyes.
    Yup and with it being confirmed the blue eye customizations added aren't for player Blood Elves means the chance still exists...Ion said it was possible just that there was a snowball's chance in hell that it would happen in BFA being how faction based the expansion was.

  15. #16575
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yup and with it being confirmed the blue eye customizations added aren't for player Blood Elves means the chance still exists...Ion said it was possible just that there was a snowball's chance in hell that it would happen in BFA being how faction based the expansion was.
    That's what a lot are overlooking. He was addressing why for BFA they didn't happen. And just because it was the "faction based expansion" doesn't mean every iconic faction race got in.

    Neither did Wildhammer, but they're coming now in Shadowlands. No one expected that. Thus can't really make an argument going 'ha ha they're not in now so they won't ever be ha ha ha' when it's clear things are continually getting added.

    And Ion let it be known character customization will keep continuing. There's never going to be a point where it ends. So players are free to continue asking for things as long as they haven't been explicitly ruled out - like blue eyes on blood elves.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2020-05-04 at 08:48 PM.

  16. #16576
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    That's what a lot are overlooking. He was addressing why for BFA they didn't happen. And just because it was the "faction based expansion" doesn't mean every iconic faction race got in.

    Neither did Wildhammer, but they're coming now in Shadowlands. No one expected that. Thus can't really make an argument going 'ha ha they're not in now so they won't ever be ha ha ha' when it's clear things are continually getting added.

    And Ion let it be known character customization will keep continuing. There's never going to be a point where it ends. So players are free to continue asking for things as long as they haven't been explicitly ruled out - like blue eyes on blood elves.
    Every Iconic Playable Race got to take part in it. Playable High Elves are an iconic race on the Horde and were present. The only playable Allied Race variant for High Elves were the Void Elves and they were present. The "high elves" that you wish to play as were barely even a thought, relegated to opening a portal in a room and holding a shield on a ship in a meaningless pve warfront. They basically did nothing meaningful that makes them "iconic".

    After all if they were, this would have been the perfect expansion for them to join the Alliance/Have the void elves be made from. Yet they weren't. They went back to being random rare background NPCs that you would never notice unless you actively tried to find them.

    Also if Blue Eyes for Blood Elves makes zero sense, then two variant allied races on the same faction opposite the parent race's faction makes even less than zero sense. It's just not going to happen.

  17. #16577
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Me: "..doesn't mean every iconic faction race got in."

    You:
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    Every Iconic Playable Race got to take part in it.
    Like some of us have been saying for a while now. People have to twist our own statements in order to have a leg for their statements. I think that's called strawmanning. You should stop that.

    Or don't. But the strawman is obvious.

  18. #16578
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    You do realize that :
    a) there would be two variants only because Blizzard didn't made the obvious and right decision to add playable High Elves to the game instead of Void Elves ?

    b)in spit of being non-corrupted, the differences between High and Blood elves are deeper than between Void and Blood Elves - with the former being so removed in term of values and beliefs that they have shown no moral quandary when it came to killing and generally speaking fighting Blood Elves while Void Elves expresses the wish to see Quel'Thalas return to the Alliance.
    A) is your opinion. An opinion smeared with high elf bias.

    B) Void elves are far more different to blood elves than alliance aligned high elves are. Visually and thematically they differ, unlike alliance aligned high elves. And when it comes to killing... well we see the void elves happily combating the blood elves in Battle for Lordaeron, so there goes that argument out the window.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Imagine actually believing that the absolute minority/remnants of an already remnants of the High elven race, would feature not one, but TWO playable sub races on the Alliance, while the bulk of what's left of the race after the scourge's onslaught, get represented by one on the horde.

    If anything, the exiles will eventually reunify at their ancestral home in Silvermoon, and be either added as a new customization as Bloodelves (with their new evolved sunwell eye colors), or simply just move on as Bloodelves with the rest of their people.
    This. The bulk of the high elf race is on the Horde, it'd make no sense and be unreasonable to offer more high elven options to the Alliance than the Horde. On top of that it'd blur faction lines and blur racial uniqueness to do this (which blizzard have said they wish to avoid both).
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

  19. #16579
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Me: "..doesn't mean every iconic faction race got in."

    You:


    Like some of us have been saying for a while now. People have to twist our own statements in order to have a leg for their statements. I think that's called strawmanning. You should stop that.

    Or don't. But the strawman is obvious.
    It's called educating you on a point that you are intentionally leaving out because it doesn't fit your narrative. The "high elves" you want to play as are just not as iconic as you think. Otherwise they would be playable instead of Void Elves.

    That's just a fact.

  20. #16580
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Considering whom the majority of the thalassian ally with and what their values are ? They don't deserve to trash the High Elves. The Blood Elves are some of the most vilest, despicable beings on Azeroth. The High Elves are better because they have real values and morals and stick to it.

    Like, why would you want to play Vichy France when you can play La Résistance ? That's what Blood and High Elves are, and in fact they are even more distinguished that those two sides by now.
    I don't play a single Elven character tbh.. everything I play is Orc (and 1 Tauren because druid), but I do know that the Bloodelves have allowed even their High Elf exile brethren to continue using and benefiting from the Sunwell (except those who would straight up corrupt it with their mere presence). If they were as "vile and despicable" as you'd described, wouldn't they cut off those who disagree with their political stances/choices from the Sunwell? Or better yet, prohibit them from entering their kingdom?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •