5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    True true, attention shouldn't be given to the pedantry happening.
    Yeah, it's too intricate and obtuse, it's as if they think to have reached some higher level of understanding when they are just playing around the obvious and most of the time they end up painting things with the wrong colors.

This happens a lot on almost any discussion when the fundamental logos has been abused too much, thing that has totally been the case with this.

Those who aren't in the discussions to be shelled just look at those arguments and think things like: 'Well, this again, isn't this person too bored?'

So they are basically doing our work for us.

Instead a funny High Elf comic that captures the feelings of most High Elf fans I bet!
    Meh, not bad.

Sharing art with High elves seems to work very well, I would keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Haha, that's a pretty good meme adaptation
    Well, the human looking sad is a big downer for me.

But who am I to criticise Alliance memes? I'm too occupied being an awesome Blood elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Nice hair dynamics.

This sounds like hypocrisy.
    It is. One of the reasons I frequent this thread is to counter the proposal by so many pro-HElfers that the Quel'dorei are somehow morally superior to the blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Tbh, if you ask me, the Thalassian schism is whetere the elf hatred should be focused on, ti's got players far more passionate than the night elves vs blood elves.

It has also been done better from WotLK throgh to MoP
    I would agree with you there

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post

Well, the human looking sad is a big downer for me.

But who am I to criticise Alliance memes? I'm too occupied being an awesome Blood elf.
    I'm really hoping we'll see some Farstrider war paint and runic magister tattoos in the next couple of weeks that'll make blood elves even more awesome in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2020-05-19 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Everyone knows no true high elf would use dangerous magics.

Except for the highborne whose use of arcane magic drew the attention of the legion. And who then triggered a massive arcane storm leading to their exile from Kalimdor.

And except the blood elves, who are high elves, using fel magic to sustain their spell work.

Oh and except for the Quel'lithien elves who found a magical artefact, experimented with it and got themselves killed.

And except for Summoner Nolric, the canonical high elf Warlock.

And we must exclude those high elves whose desire for magic led them to side with Malygos in the nexus war.

And we definitely cannot count the high elf wayfarers excited to mess with the void in tel'ogrus.

And we have to exclude Alleria, who spent centuries studying the void and ate the heart of a dark naaru. And the rest of the void elves for whom the void is an intrinsic part of their being.

But leaving all of that aside, no true high elf would dare mess with dangerous magics. That's because they have an innate nobility that stops them from doing so.

7+ Year Old Account
    that's true, once you get down to a race, they are several different types, we know night elves aren't limited to one titype, you have the Illidari for one, and then you have your druid types and female warrior/priest types, this is why people want a distinct or at least more distinctive appearance for your highborne type
    And knowing that character customization will be never-ending, along with the popularity of elves in this game (and really for any fantasy genre, this isn't new lol), and Blizzard not ruling it out means High Elves have a chance of happening down the road.

Probably in a world where these more subtle distinctions do become core identifiers for different playable options.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, not bad.

Sharing art with High elves seems to work very well, I would keep it going.
    Agree with what you said above this, and also yes I'll keep it going too just giving the pages time to breathe between photos!

3+ Year Old Account
    I hope we will never get eyes without glow playable. Elves should have glowing eyes, long ears and long eyebrows. Otherwise they are not elves.
    I'd think the Archer/Ranger/Farstrider has no glow because well... they aren't too dependent on magic?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm really hoping we'll see some Farstrider war paint and runic magister tattoos in the next couple of weeks that'll make blood elves even more awesome in Shadowlands.
    I really, really want the runic tattoos the Blood elf from the Burning Crusade box has.

Also, farstrider paints would be cool in my opinion too, but these being red, black, purple and golden, those exiles can (and should) keep their own colors.

3+ Year Old Account
    Same energy as this one:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thel'danis
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

It is. One of the reasons I frequent this thread is to counter the proposal by so many pro-HElfers that the Quel'dorei are somehow morally superior to the blood elves.
    I am here to look at all the juicy high elf art and to defend blood elves.

I want some crowns to full magister pack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I'd think the Archer/Ranger/Farstrider has no glow because well... they aren't too dependent on magic?
    Except they are. Otherwise they wouldn't be elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Same energy as this one:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thel'danis
    He is just an old, ugly high elf that gets mistaken with cavemen elves because of his appearance.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, really want the runic tattoos the Blood elf from the Burning Crusade box has.

Also, farstrider paints would be cool in my opinion too, but these being red, black, purple and golden, those exiles can (and should) keep their own colors.
    Yeah, I've wanted those for years too. That and some tattoos like Rommath has would be cool as well.

I think black and purple would step a bit too much on the demon hunters' toes, but I'd love red, gold, browny orange and green for ranger paints. I'm reluctantly willing to leave blue to the void elves.

I am here to look at all the juicy high elf art and to defend blood elves.

I want some crowns to full magister pack.
    A noble endeavour!

I'd settle for more hoods in game that aren't covered in stupid shit or have a really terrible shape! This is still one of the only good ones in the game: https://www.wowhead.com/item=29986/c...grand-engineer

I'd settle for more hoods in game that aren't covered in stupid shit or have a really terrible shape! This is still one of the only good ones in the game: https://www.wowhead.com/item=29986/c...grand-engineer
    I think most of new hoods are too thick.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most of new hoods are too thick.
    I was so disappointed when I got the Dark Ranger's Hood and instead of looking like this:

It looked like this:

=/

I hope we will never get eyes without glow playable. Elves should have glowing eyes, long ears and long eyebrows. Otherwise they are not elves.
    originally didn't high elves have normal eyes? Only the irses glowing when using magic? Night elves were the first to have glowing eyes, and itw as so cool that every other race after seems to have them as default.

Normal eyes seem more rare nowadays.

Blizz did leave open that big story thread with the undead Night Elf Dark Rangers being lead off by Calia with Voss's blessing to train them in Deathknell (Horde territory). I could see them being added as a Horde race while at the same time adding Silver Covenant High Elves. It would make it fair for both sides, since they would each get another swap. It would also make sense, as if we are getting another Thalassian elf on Alliance like they got Void Elves then the Horde should get another Kaldorei elf like they got Nightborne.

Well there are dumb arguments on both sides, so at least we are united on that front.

- - - Updated - - -

I was so disappointed when I got the Dark Ranger's Hood and instead of looking like this:

It looked like this:

=/
    Forever heartbroken about this tbh. It has been 8 expansions and they still can't add a hood for Hunters that just uses that vanilla model jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Blizz did leave open that big story thread with the undead Night Elf Dark Rangers being lead off by Calia with Voss's blessing to train them in Deathknell (Horde territory). I could see them being added as a Horde race while at the same time adding Silver Covenant High Elves. It would make it fair for both sides, since they would each get another swap. It would also make sense, as if we are getting another Thalassian elf on Alliance like they got Void Elves then the Horde should get another Kaldorei elf like they got Nightborne.

The Parent Elf Race should not be getting another elf swap AR before getting their own Race. Aka The Next Night Elf AR should be Alliance and the next Blood Elf AR should be Horde. That's what would be fair, not repeating what they did already.

originally didn't high elves have normal eyes? Only the irses glowing when using magic? Night elves were the first to have glowing eyes, and itw as so cool that every other race after seems to have them as default.

Normal eyes seem more rare nowadays.
    That was an old design long ago when Blizzard had no idea how the races are going to look like. We see a huge inconsistency with eyes there. Some characters, like Garithos, have no pupils at all.

- - - Updated - - -

It looked like this:

=/
    Propably to hide balding better.

5+ Year Old Account
    That was an old design long ago when Blizzard had no idea how the races are going to look like. We see a huge inconsistency with eyes there. Some characters, like Garithos, have no pupils at all.
    Some argue that we are shown elves without glow in some books and comics as a way to say that not every of them has it. What do you think?

Some argue that we are shown elves without glow in some books and comics as a way to say that not every of them has it. What do you think?
    Depends on book. If it was earlier than WoW, then I would say it has been retconned. If it was written later, I think it was an oversight by author. Before the Storm mentioned Greymane's tail.

As for comics, I think Three Sisters is something that most of community wants to be never mentioned again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Well there are dumb arguments on both sides, so at least we are united on that front.

- - - Updated - - -

Forever heartbroken about this tbh. It has been 8 expansions and they still can't add a hood for Hunters that just uses that vanilla model jesus christ.
    True.

Yeah, it sucks. I think the closest we've ever gotten to okay looking hoods are the WOTLK PvP gear hoods:

- - - Updated - - -

Propably to hide balding better.
    That is probably a very likely reason for the subpar hood design!

True.

Yeah, it sucks. I think the closest we've ever gotten to okay looking hoods are the WOTLK PvP gear hoods:

(
    I hate that hood so freaking much. The shape sucks, and... why is it scaled like the rest of the armor? Make it a coif then! And the exaggerated sheen.

Hate it.

Much prefer the WoD hoods, but sadly they are limited to red, blue and green, so no fitting for a Dark Ranger.