1. #17541
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    To me the funny thing is it's plastered everywhere that they're blood elves/sin'dorei and you're going to have some people being pedant looking at all the blood elf things and going "cool look at all this high elf stuff :^D"
    I never said they weren't blood elves. I just recognize and appreciate the fact that the blood elves are our high elves and that the high elf race is a core Horde race. And that on the board game front cover we have the night elf race featured with the Alliance and the high elf race featured with the Horde.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

  2. #17542
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

    Alleria isn't transformed. She just has a void form button. It would be like saying night elves druids are no longer Night elves because they can transform into some creatures.
    This is just head canon on your part. There is an entire storyline along with her literally absorbing a Dark Naaru into herself and becoming a part of the void that illustrates she is a void elf.
    High elves don't naturally hear voices just because they use shadow magic.
    The devs say she is a void elf.
    She identifies as a void elf.
    The game calls her a void elf.
    She's a void elf.

    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So according to you blood elves who are mastering the void can also move to the Alliance and become void elves while keeping their original physical apparence.
    "high elves aren't high elves because of their appearance."
    "Alleria isn't a void elf because of her original appearance she is a high elf".
    Just an amusing thing I noticed. moving on

    Let alone that she spent HUNDREDS of years becoming a void elf and the method in which she changed is why she is different from other void elves. Let's just ignore that though /s

    But no, its not according to me, that is according to you, don't get it mixed up.
    Last edited by Broflake; 2020-05-18 at 11:22 PM.

  3. #17543
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    This is just head canon on your part. There is an entire storyline along with her literally absorbing a Dark Naaru into herself and becoming a part of the void that illustrates she is a void elf.
    High elves don't naturally hear voices just because they use shadow magic.
    The devs say she is a void elf.
    She identifies as a void elf.
    The game calls her a void elf.
    She's a void elf.
    I think some players just don't want to accept that she is a void elf, so they'll jump through any hoop to justify their opinion.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

  4. #17544
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    I think some players just don't want to accept that she is a void elf, so they'll jump through any hoop to justify their opinion.
    Yeah its rather silly at this point.
    Anyways, real life calls. Be back later

  5. #17545
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    To me the funny thing is it's plastered everywhere that they're blood elves/sin'dorei and you're going to have some people being pedant looking at all the blood elf things and going "cool look at all this high elf stuff :^D"
    My advise is to simply ignore it, everyone knows what they mean when they say either of both names, the fact some people want to be pedant about it is only their problem, those who -want- to understand, will do.

  6. #17546
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Blind to what exactly?

    And not bad faith. Just an appreciation for faction distinction and pride. Or are we not allowed to appreciate such things as it gets in the way of your request?
    That is Blood Elf. Not High Elf.

    Green Eyes are kinda telltale sing of Blood Elfism.

  7. #17547
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    This is just head canon on your part. There is an entire storyline along with her literally absorbing a Dark Naaru into herself and becoming a part of the void that illustrates she is a void elf.
    High elves don't naturally hear voices just because they use shadow magic.
    The devs say she is a void elf.
    She identifies as a void elf.
    The game calls her a void elf.
    She's a void elf.


    "high elves aren't high elves because of their appearance."
    "Alleria isn't a void elf because of her original appearance she is a high elf".
    Just an amusing thing I noticed. moving on

    Let alone that she spent HUNDREDS of years becoming a void elf and the method in which she changed is why she is different from other void elves. Let's just ignore that though /s

    But no, its not according to me, that is according to you, don't get it mixed up.
    Soooo a Night elf druid that has an animal form button is no longer a Night elf according to you. Interesting mon' !

    I didn't say she wasn't a void elf because she is one of them actuaylly. What's your point ? I said she's both high and void elf.

    She's a void elf the same way Genn Greymane is a cursed human and Sylvanas is a dead high elf.

    At this point, void elves are just thalassian elves studying and controlling the void powers. Some retained their original appareance, others did not.

    That's precisely why we can see Alliance blood elves in Telogrus Rift.

    Oh and just for fun :



    In the Alliance, when we say farewell to its human High king, we do so ... In Thalassian.

    I'm still waiting for the same song for Vol'Jin or Saurfang.

    But High elves are TOTALLY NOT a core Alliance race. Yes they are. They just need to be playable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Yea I had observed that, but it's been mentioned that they'll be playable options for the Horde and Alliance factions. But as is also noteable, the high elf race is featured with the Horde while the night elf race is featured with the Alliance
    Blood elves. They're blood elves. You know ... Fel corrupted Thalassian elves.

    High elves aren't playable yet. I hope they will.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  8. #17548
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I apologize if my suggestion offended you. That was not my intent. As I mentioned earlier, it's difficult to convey tone via text >_< I was not trying to be snarky with my comments in quotes but actually leaving room for the possibility that you might actually be a Blizzard dev posting anonymously. In case it wasn't clear by my previous posts, I try not to speak to in absolutes (though I don't always succeed) and leave myself open to possibilities (which I suppose is why I find void elves interesting and would like to see them get more solid lore development).
    I believe you, it is simply a common tool of both sides to address someone who appears certain about something with the retort 'are you a developer', hence it comes across badly. But there is a difference between speaking in absolutes, which a fan cannot do, and speaking with confidence. Confidence in an outcome can be generated at looking towards the past and seeing what they did and what they said. It forms the basis of a rational calculation regarding probabilities and possibilities.

    Hence high elf customisations for Void Elves. Prior to the blue eyes for Blood Elves news, I rated the chances for such skins as possible given Afrasiabi's comment regarding them. I didn't rate it probable, or even likely, but possible.

    But blue eyes for Blood Elves were rejected on the basis of existing lore. It was a popular demand. And the lore could easily have been interpreted in such a way as to justify blue eyes. Yet they still didn't happen and the rationale cited was that existing lore forbade it.

    This established a precedent that changed the calculation. If blue eyes for blood elves, a popular request for the most played race in the game wasn't actioned because of the lore, then how did that impact the possibility of high elf skins for Void Elves, a far bigger ask because it obliterates meaningful differentiation between them and Blood Elves, a differentiation which is entirely the point of why they were created.

    The logical conclusion is that if something as small as blue eyes will not happen, something as big as a skin tone change on void elves is far less likely to happen also (at least in a fashion that would be acceptable to those seeking to play high elves using void elves as a vector).



    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    While I don't agree with all your conclusions and how you reached them, I can see you've put a great deal of thought into them. I won't argue with you further since it seems that the crux of your argument appears to be that additional lore would be required for it to work, which is a point I actually agree with. I do hope though that you will at least consider how you present your posts to others. I'm not saying you need to change your arguments, but from my point of view, there is certainly potential to appear less adversarial (even if you don't mean to be). I will also try to see if I can adjust my own posting habits so as to convey less snark (which again was not my intent and I do apologize if that's what you took away from my post).
    Which is entirely the point I am trying to make. Can Blizzard write that additional lore? Absolutely, they can. Nobody disputes that. But that is an unknown unknown, we don't know if they will or if they won't and if they did what would be? Fictional universes are by their very nature abstract, anything can be upended on the whim of the development team.

    To provide an example from long, long ago, in the days before the allied race system was publicised, in the run up to the reveal of Warlords of Draenor in fact, this debate existed, this debate has existed for a very long time. Back then, the allied race was a hypothetical, described as a sub-race system when people talked about it. When it came to the possibility of high elves as a sub-race for the Alliance the same objections were raised, that they are identical to a Horde race. Besides, what would they be a sub-race of? The conception of a sub-race system people had was what FF14 or LOTRO had, a drop down you selected on a core race option that would provide a range of options exclusive to that sub-race. How could you express a high elf for the Alliance through such a system when they didn't have access to the model? Some suggested putting them under Night Elves or even Humans.

    But one solution pushed by some was that what they could do was blast some high elves with a kind of magic to change them into something new. Admittedly I thought the solution was a bit silly, and some antis proposed blasting them with so much arcane magic they'd turn into wretched. Same high elves but now completely different from the traditional high elf as represented by a blood elf. The counterpoint we were making is that the high elf 'sub-race' would have to be meaningfully differentiated from Blood Elves to be allowed. This didn't go over well with the pros at the time, the sense being what they were imaging were as few changes as possible to say they were different in theory but in practice they wished for it be labelled a high elf and has as few (preferably only eye colour) differences as possible.

    And then Blizzard actually went and implemented that as the solution. Void Elves were what pros had said they would be happy with, a high elf variant. It's not a solution I was keen on at the time as, truth be told, I didn't think the models should have been shared. This applies to Nightborne as well, whom I think would have been far a better addition to the Alliance and could have been written that way. However, as compromises go it isn't a bad one. The model was shared. It's definitely a high elf of a sort. But the critical theme and aesthetic that defines the Blood Elves was preserved as horde unique, which was the most important thing.

    Void Elves are additional new lore, a previously unknown unknown, something created with the express purpose of meeting a gameplay need (giving alliance players access to a type of high elf) without organically growing out of the lore or precedent (as Nightbore arguably did). So nobody knows what lies in the future and if Blizzard changes their mind on something they'll let us know. All we can do is attempt to divine what they might do and to do that we can't look forward, we have to look back. We look at what they have written in game, what they have said in interviews, and how they acted in reaction to other demands. From there, we can divine what intent and use informed speculation.

    Looking back at the totality of this debate we know why they added blood elves to the horde, we have enough interviews with enough people to have pieced together what informed that decision way back in 2004/05 and the rationale definitely made sense at the time and it still makes sense even today. But once they made that choice they were bound by their own design goals. Preserving the division between the factions does matter to them. It matters to a lot of people. It matters to me. The core, endless rivalry between the Alliance and Horde is such an important part of the franchise that weakening that is anathema. Void Elves aren't a slap in the face to those who wanted high elves, not really. In truth they are representative of just how far blizzard was willing to stretch themselves to attempt to meet the desire of those who wanted high elves by giving them a variant, they stretched themselves to the utmost in fact, so close to their red lines their nose is smushed up against it. But even as they stretched themselves, void elves also demonstrate the lengths to which they were willing to go to avoid giving high elves to the Alliance.

    This is why looking back is such an important of this debate and why it informs it. Because all the lore in the world of warcraft doesn't matter when placed to the most fundamental point of all. Blizzard doesn't want to add playable high elves to the Alliance. This is why all the talk of what they might do or could do never really works out to me, because it's like asking what an agrophobe will do once they buy a personal woodland to enjoy. The intent just isn't there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    In fairness I don't think warcraft content developed by third parties is strictly relevant. These guys depict Tyrande on the box cover as a mage for example, given the shape of the eneriges around her hands are clearly casting Arcane Blast.

    But I don't believe that it needs to be stated that blood elves are the high elf option of Warcraft. That has been stated enough time across the past fifteen years ago that it should be regarded as the default.

  9. #17549
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    My advise is to simply ignore it, everyone knows what they mean when they say either of both names, the fact some people want to be pedant about it is only their problem, those who -want- to understand, will do.
    True true, attention shouldn't be given to the pedantry happening.

    Instead a funny High Elf comic that captures the feelings of most High Elf fans I bet!







    Source/Credit: Lentara https://lentara.tumblr.com/post/1769...any-thanks-for

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/statu...37542863880193

    Want to go back to this a bit, as it is an example of how the entire package is what makes something recognizable.

    There's blue eyes, very pale skin, and a raven hair color along with a lot of blue present on the clothing/outfit. That's easily recognizable as a Quel'dorei.

    Just as when one sees a Bronzebeard and a Wildhammer, what is the aesthetic difference? Simply blue tattoos, a subtle component but large enough when combined with the whole package to deliver the intended iconic look of a particular group.

    Since we know that it appears Allied Races are going to have their rep requirements dropped, meaning all one has to do will be their questlines to unlock them, the whole 'prestige race' situation as originally intended for AR is going to be less so now.

    After all, it takes way less effort to complete a simple questline than grind out rep, as seen by many who still haven't gotten pathfinder in older expansions and are now getting them unlocked for free without doing so while preserving the achievement and mount reward for those that do.

    Thus I think the original design of Allied Races as a system is going to see an overhaul going forward, especially with increased customizations as a new and better system to deliver the likes of AR such as those Lightforged Draenei or Highmountain Tauren.

    For instance, while a LFD has indeed gone through the rite of passage to become lightforged and all highmountains are blessed by cenarius, those could've been increased customization options for existing draenei and tauren options.

    Just as being a Wildhammer will be denoted by your choice of customization, a Tauren option that allowed the selectable moose horns/bull horns and specific tattoos would suffice as well, same for LF Draenei by selecting specific skin and tattoo and naaru glow options.

    It's kind of like how when you pick a Night Elf Mage you're able to say you're one of the Shen'dralar OR your background can be one of the born and raised Teldrassil NE that was say on their path to being a priest/druid but saw these newcomers with their arcane magic and were interested in learning it. Blizzard has sanctioned both options, which is also why currently there are night elf fans requesting more Highborne customization to come to Night Elves (and looks like they'll be getting it! Score ).

    So I think going forward, we may see even more subtle distinction being used as part of a whole package to serve the various customization requests people ask for.

    After all, no blue eyes for blood elves means that's no longer customization on offer for Horde players. It is no longer under presumed ownership of Horde players.

    Whereas the Alliance's High Elf request is given more oomph as now the blue eyed elves of the Alliance (who are currently NPCs) have been stated as a possibility for the future. As High Elves are faction-aligned with Alliance (Silver Covenant/Allerian Stronghold/Highvale) and the Void Elf model means that Horde players also don't have ownership over the Thalassian/high-elf model, there's now a distinct customization package still on offer for Alliance players.

    Whether it is through Void Elf customization (since that was what's been proposed by some players), or its own distinct option remains to be seen.

  10. #17550
    Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post
    Alleria is not a Void Elf.
    Wrong. Shadows Rising:
    The Horde is nothing!” With those infamous words, Sylvanas Windrunner betrayed and abandoned the Horde she vowed to serve. The Dark Lady and her forces now work in the shadows as both the Horde and Alliance, including her own sister, Alleria, race to uncover her next move. Struggling to shoulder the crushing weight of leadership, King Anduin entrusts the void elf and High Exarch Turalyon to uncover Sylvanas’s whereabouts.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  11. #17551
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It was a popular demand.If blue eyes for blood elves, a popular request for the most played race in the game
    Hum no. Not really.
    Maybe for 3 peoples on mmo-champion but that's it.
    Blizzard itself didn't even took it seriously. From the beginning it was a "No" and will remain so.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  12. #17552
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,075
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Hum no. Not really.
    Maybe for 3 peoples on mmo-champion but that's it.
    Blizzard itself didn't even took it seriously. From the beginning it was a "No" and will remain so.
    It was a popular request, it's been a popular enough request that it was mentioned for several years on multiple forums and was the specific customisation brought up in two separate interviews.

    Attempting to minimise that it was a popular request is disingenuous, again because of the implication that a popular request being denied shows popularity has little impact on what they were considering in terms of customisations and the impact that has on the possibility of high elf skin tones on void elves, for whom the idea they are a 'popular' request is one of the main points behind it to those who want it.

    We also don't know how seriously blizzard took the request, only that ultimately it was a no. You should also be hopeful they are tolerant of requests that can be considered outlandish. Nothing is more 'out there' or outlandish than the idea of high elf skin tones on Void Elves, the customisation that defeats the entire point of why Void Elves were created. Your ask is far and away the biggest ask there is, and blue eyes not happening bodes very poorly for your own goals, because if they don't do blue eyes, your ask clearly has very little hope.

  13. #17553
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It was a popular request, it's been a popular enough request that it was mentioned for several years on multiple forums and was the specific customisation brought up in two separate interviews.

    Attempting to minimise that it was a popular request is disingenuous, again because of the implication that a popular request being denied shows popularity has little impact on what they were considering in terms of customisations and the impact that has on the possibility of high elf skin tones on void elves, for whom the idea they are a 'popular' request is one of the main points behind it to those who want it.

    We also don't know how seriously blizzard took the request, only that ultimately it was a no. You should also be hopeful they are tolerant of requests that can be considered outlandish. Nothing is more 'out there' or outlandish than the idea of high elf skin tones on Void Elves, the customisation that defeats the entire point of why Void Elves were created. Your ask is far and away the biggest ask there is, and blue eyes not happening bodes very poorly for your own goals, because if they don't do blue eyes, your ask clearly has very little hope.
    I don't minimise it. I'm just realistic. The request for Blue-eyed blood elves was marginal. Nothing comparable to that of playable high elves.
    It still has hope. This is what only matters.

    And I'm happy with what I have. Both High and Void Elves are Alliance. We even have Alliance blood elves in Telogrus Rift. Prior to Legion my biggest fear was to see Alleria becoming Horde or Neutral. High elf option would be awesome but not necessary for me.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  14. #17554
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I don't minimise it. I'm just realistic. The request for Blue-eyed blood elves was marginal. Nothing comparable to that of playable high elves.
    It still has hope. This is what only matters.

    And I'm happy with what I have. Both High and Void Elves are Alliance. We even have Alliance blood elves in Telogrus Rift. Prior to Legion my biggest fear was to see Alleria becoming Horde or Neutral. High elf option would be awesome but not necessary for me.
    At this point I would prefer a normal or maybe just a really pale but not blueish skin tone for Void Elves as well as the Alleria Tattoos and Hairstyle for them. What is it with Windrunners and the races they lead being unable to emulate their leaders look?

  15. #17555
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,075
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I don't minimise it. I'm just realistic. The request for Blue-eyed blood elves was marginal. Nothing comparable to that of playable high elves.
    It still has hope. This is what only matters.

    And I'm happy with what I have. Both High and Void Elves are Alliance. We even have Alliance blood elves in Telogrus Rift. Prior to Legion my biggest fear was to see Alleria becoming Horde or Neutral. High elf option would be awesome but not necessary for me.
    No, you are minimising it and the reason you are minimising is that to admit it was fairly popular and well known and yet still rejected implies that the supposedly popularity of a customisation request will have no impact on their deliberations. If Blood Elves don't get blue eyes because they violate lore, then the void elves looking like high elves violates the lore even more profoundly and the likelihood they will get those customisations becomes incredibly low.

    And what you have in practice are playable Void Elves. If you are content with them, without the need to look like a Blood/High Elves, then that should be enough. Void Elves should remain void elves, not ersatz high elves.

  16. #17556
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,526
    So despite Ion rejecting blue eyes for BE, some are still thinking the Blood Elves are High Elves? Rofl. Next time I go to the restaurant and want sweet potato fries I'll just order fries and expect to get them sweet ones.

  17. #17557
    Mechagnome Thalassian Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Quel'Thalas/Albion
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

    and @
    Odintdk
    . In this case I'll agree here. However don't forget that what makes High elves a different proposition is because they are long standing on the alliance too. And while most of the Thalassians are horde, some are alliance.

    Unfortunately making a playable option tends to not reflect the reality that the actual void and high elf numbers are really small, so most Thalssians you will meet would be sin'dorei. If that could be properly reflected even in player populations then it would hardly matter, it would be like allowing a tauren player or Mag'har orc player to switch factions on his character, and making it very hard knowing that only a few people would be that motivated to make it happen.


    I personally don't feel it is impossible for high elves to be void elves, I think High elves able to become void elves is shown in Telogrus rift - whether the new ones get a skin colour change or remain like Alleria is unknown. Blizzard certainly has the option of making void elves in their original colour or some of these renditions people have shown with purple veined hands and feet etc. Other options including only giving the high elf skin tones to new class Paladin option for void elves, whose skin would not be altered by the void, and possibly have the option available on priests too, to reflect holy priests.

    One would ask why a void elf is wielding the Light though, however original lore in the Alleria audio novella makes it clear that embracing the destiny of the void doesn't make the character incapable of using or excelling in the light. However as the void elves mainly focus on the void, you would have to provide a logical reason why a light follower is involved. It's not hard though, elves are curious and scholarly, so it's easy to imagine a group of light using high elves interested in studying the interaction, and always worked alongside void researchers providing professional counterbalancing in an effort for the elves to understand these cosmic powers more.

    - - - Updated - - -

    [LEFT]
    While a very small minority of high elves have fought vigorously under Alliance banners, Quel'Thalas itself, even before the events of the Third War, saw its tepid involvement in the Alliance and its predecessors as more of a burden than a boon.

    The high elven soldiers who bolster the ranks of the Alliance in WC2 and 3 are more exceptions to the rule rather than the proof of it. Silvermoon sent a token force to aid the Alliance in the Second War - seeing it as an opportunity to wash their hands of the debt they owed the Lothar line - and Alleria went against her orders when she took her troop of Farstriders to join the Alliance in their fight outside Quel'Thalas' borders. And then, during the Third War, the priests who go to aid Arthas are volunteers. They are not there by Silvermoon decree. (And I believe the majority of high elf sorceresses are probably from Dalaran, not Quel'Thalas.)

    So, while some high elves have fought for the Alliance for years, it would be disingenuous to claim the "the high elves" have always been a core aspect of the Alliance. Quel'Thalas never saw its membership in the Alliance as anything other than a confederation for mutual convenience. As soon Silvermoon got a whiff of the Alliance potentially costing them more than they got out of it, they were done with it.

    Obviously, a large number of Thalassians who still call themselves high elves have thrown themselves completely into supporting the Alliance, often out of disdain for the choices of their Sin'dorei kin it seems. But many more are members of the now neutral(ish) Kirin Tor. Still, while some high elves are in the Alliance, the high elves have never been particularly interested in it.

    I'm glad you're open to the idea of void elves being the continuation of Alliance-aligned Thalassians though. If Blizzard had any sense, they would add a line or two of dialogue that explicitly states some high elves have elected to go Void and all this could be put to bed.

    I think Blizzard has been pretty explicit about the incompatibility of Light and Void though and Holy or Discipline Ren'dorei priests are probably only their for player choice (and the complexity of limiting specs by race and the can of worms that would open). I would be surprised if we ever saw a void elf priest wielding the Light in lore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    <snip>


    Sorry, dude, but the pose of the Quel'dorei warlock here is begging for a "the Chad Sin'dorei vs the Virgin Quel'dorei" edit. His body language is perfect!

    Also, https://wow.gamepedia.com/Summoner_Nolric
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2020-05-19 at 03:56 PM.

  18. #17558
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    I'm glad you're open to the idea of void elves being the continuation of Alliance-aligned Thalassians though. If Blizzard had any sense, they would add a line or two of dialogue that explicitly states some high elves have elected to go Void and all this could be put to bed.
    This they will never do, having more groups with the type of complexity and intensity alliance high elves , blood elves and void elves bring ot the table is actually quite good. They won't remove them entirely just because some players don't want the hreadache of high elves or are tired of other players who love them asking for them.. it's a poor reason to do so , especially for a group that is more popular than many core races.
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  19. #17559
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    He clearly meant that blood elves are our representation of the high elf race in WoW. Subsequently, the high elf race is already a playable option and are available on the Horde. That a few of them remained with the Alliance is irrelevant. The reality is that they are the same race as their kin on the Horde and their race is already a playable option on the Horde. Making them playable on the Alliance would essentially make the high elf race de-facto neutral, which is unfair to expect the Horde to have one of their core races become neutral for the sake of the fragmented group of alliance aligned high elves. It would blur faction lines, harm faction identity and detract from the uniqueness of blood elves.

    Blood elves are our high elves. No amount of mental gymnastics will change this fact, a fact stated by Chris Metzen himself.
    You can rant how much you want, not only I don't empathise at all with your side, I truly don't even get your way of thinking. It's just baffling to me, honestly.

  20. #17560
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post


    Sorry, dude, but the pose of the Quel'dorei warlock here is begging for a "the Chad Sin'dorei vs the Virgin Quel'dorei" edit. His body language is perfect!

    Also, https://wow.gamepedia.com/Summoner_Nolric
    No need to apologize.

    For many Alliance players wanting High Elves this is the ideal:


    We're not looking for Sin'dorei which we already have in blue skin btw anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    So despite Ion rejecting blue eyes for BE, some are still thinking the Blood Elves are High Elves? Rofl. Next time I go to the restaurant and want sweet potato fries I'll just order fries and expect to get them sweet ones.
    Very apt comparison, yeah that's what it's like. Then they also eat the non sweet potato fries while stating, "mmmm love eating my sweet potato fries, thank you!"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I don't minimise it. I'm just realistic. The request for Blue-eyed blood elves was marginal.
    Yeah, it was very marginal. There was barely a peep on it and back then people correctly corrected others saying blood elves shouldn't get those because their lore deemed it part of their loss.

    It only piped out very recently because an antagonizing group to the High Elf request wanted to use it as a way to deny the request. If blue eyes came to blood elves, the arguments would be "hah see there's the blue eyed blood elf you all want, now go play it on Horde!!111@@@".

    Just like we've seen many come into this thread when DK eyes were updated and going 'Y'see the high elves are here on Horde, Blizzard just updated it!'

    Not even realizing it was just an update for DKs and looking foolish in the process, unless they were intentionally trying to be inflammatory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •