Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yes, good on them for finally moving quickly, I always said that the High Elf request would get louder and louder (as in more people asking) over time if they kept simply trying to ignore it.

Also shows like I said, if you're not going to budge on an issue you don't bring attention to it like in the April Fools this year. Also fitting that the new CM who loves ALL Elves gets to do the announcement, I'm sure she was ecstatic about it, mayhaps actual Blood Elf Druids in store for the future? Possible 'Void Elf' Paladins even more down the road? It's clear that opening up customization is the goal and Blizzard is moving away from their archaic as fuck restrictions.

I do hope you also get the customizations you're asking for, there's some sick ass ideas I wanted Void Elves to have. I really wanted customization like this for Void Elves.

-snip-

- - - Updated - - -

And as you can see, 99% of people don't give a shit!
    Hopefully Blizzard takes some ideas from these amazing corruptions concept art for void elves:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    As we knew would be the case. It was after all, always about the aesthetic. And lo, the number of people embracing Void Elves now despite their story problems is as expected.

In the end, the critique that it was the aesthetics and not the lore has been proven right.

But the lore always matters. You still have a Void Elf, not a high elf. When entropic embrace procs, please remember that.
    I think we don't care of that right now. Regular High elves are now Alliance. Both sides win actually.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

But the lore always matters. You still have a Void Elf, not a high elf. When entropic embrace procs, please remember that.
    all thalassian elves are high elves! : p

As we knew would be the case. It was after all, always about the aesthetic. And lo, the number of people embracing Void Elves now despite their story problems is as expected.

In the end, the critique that it was the aesthetics and not the lore has been proven right.

Exactly, void elves are still void elves, who WERE blood elves, LMAO. If anyone got "High Elves" it's the Horde seeing as how we have the "pure" blue eyed elves.

But yeah, these reactions totally proves that it's all about the look not the "muh lores".

Also how can you have "High Elves" and not be able to be Paladins. LOL you guys just got handed another half-assed attempt to make you happy. Except this time it exposed helfers' true colors when they claimed it was all about the lore, not the aesthetics.
    Last edited by Varx; 2020-05-27 at 06:21 PM.

5+ Year Old Account

Aesthetics was always a major and important bit, and as seen by many (even including examples like Wildhammer and not simply today's news), far more importance placed than 'lore'.

I'm happy with this real compromise, and it's funny to see your attempt at trying to deflate others. It's like everyone having a party and enjoying themselves so much they can't hear.

I never even notice when it procs. Kinda have to pay attention to other things than character skin color during combat.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Hopefully Blizzard takes some ideas from these amazing corruptions concept art for void elves:

Yes, would love all those. We got the human skin range!!! Now more eye options/hairstyles/accessories/tattoos/corruptions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I think we don't care of that right now. Regular High elves are now Alliance. Both sides win actually.
    NO!

Our elves are HIGHER than your elves!

*another 500 pages of shit incoming*

Yes, good on them for finally moving quickly, I always said that the High Elf request would get louder and louder (as in more people asking) over time if they kept simply trying to ignore it.

Also shows like I said, if you're not going to budge on an issue you don't bring attention to it like in the April Fools this year. Also fitting that the new CM who loves ALL Elves gets to do the announcement, I'm sure she was ecstatic about it, mayhaps actual Blood Elf Druids in store for the future? Possible 'Void Elf' Paladins even more down the road? It's clear that opening up customization is the goal and Blizzard is moving away from their archaic as fuck restrictions.
    Yep. Nothing to criticize from me here. They did well and acted wisely, expecting a frenzy if they made a different decision and avoiding it prematurely. Applause.
    I do hope you also get the customizations you're asking for, there's some sick ass ideas I wanted Void Elves to have. I really wanted customization like this for Void Elves.

Yeahh, I really love myself some Old God/Void stuff, so now that we have the most uncorrupted version of Void Elves being put into the game, I hope they dive further on pushing the boundaries on that corruption spectrum further into a cool direction in the future. I feel like there's so much potential there.

N'Zoth eyes, multi-eyes, teeth, spikes, more eldritch hairstyles

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I never even notice when it procs. Kinda have to pay attention to other things than character skin color during combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    NO!

LMAO, yes what a glorious day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    NO!

*laughs in Darnassian*

7+ Year Old Account
    Close the thread
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

There's no need for that, void elves > blood elves clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Except you are proving us right. We said for years that if this happened and if it was accepted, it was proof it was just a desire for fair skin tones. I am not surprised to have been proven right.

I wonder, will the resistance to the idea that void elves can change other elves into void elves now vanish or are the pros still going to insist they can only come from particular group at one moment in time?

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Exactly, void elves are still void elves, who WERE blood elves, LMAO. If anyone got "High Elves" it's the Horde seeing as how we have the "pure" blue eyed elves.

But yeah, these reactions totally proves that it's all about the look not the "muh lores".
    Correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yep. Nothing to criticize from me here. They did well and acted wisely, expecting a frenzy if they made a different decision and avoiding it prematurely. Applause.

Yeahh, I really love myself some Old God/Void stuff, so now that we have the most uncorrupted version of Void Elves being put into the game, I hope they dive further on pushing the boundaries on that corruption spectrum further into a cool direction in the future. I feel like there's so much potential there.

[Images]

N'Zoth eyes, multi-eyes, teeth, spikes, more eldritch hairstyles
    Yup, good on Blizz here. Hope for more in the future.

And yes, there's really a lot they can do, I also envisioned Void Elves as 'Starry Elves' / 'Spacey Elves' and so hope for more customization in that regard as well.

I just wanted to come here to say: FINALLY!!!!

Except you are proving us right. We said for years that if this happened and if it was accepted, it was proof it was just a desire for fair skin tones. I am not surprised to have been proven right.

I wonder, will the resistance to the idea that void elves can change other elves into void elves now vanish or are the pros still going to insist they can only come from particular group at one moment in time?

Correct.
    You might want to update your signature!

Yup, good on Blizz here. Hope for more in the future.

And yes, there's really a lot they can do, I also envisioned Void Elves as 'Starry Elves' / 'Spacey Elves' and so hope for more customization in that regard as well.
    Yeah, there's so much in terms of the theme they can do, with the void, or with the Old God theme, which is basically a subgroup of the void. They can add black hole and space stuff or eldritch tentacle, eye, teeth stuff. But I'm now just talking in circles. Let's hope 9.1 or 9.2 brings such goodies.

INB4: Nooooo bloooooond haaaaaair!!!!^^

I get a feeling that fair skinned butt elves won't end this debate.